FANTASY-NO MAGIC

Just now, J. Magi said:

"We shouldn't bother her if she's turning in--"

"Sorry to bother you so much."

July smirked. "Are you trying to scare me away? How long have you been here, little easterner?"

Ma'tani raised an eyebrow. "I guess they don't teach you to respect your elders, here. 'Little'...I've been in your lands for six years, and in this town for long enough to know stuff is happening here."

Ma'tani's in her thirties. I'm assuming she's at least a decade older than July.

Keyword assuming.

This'll be awkward if I misjudged.

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She said nothing for a few moments. “It’ll be fine for him. The situations are different.”

Her face grew concerned.

Something is up...

"Open the door," she said, softly. Her gentle tone contrasted with the way she'd just spoken to July. "We need to talk."

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani raised an eyebrow. "I guess they don't teach you to respect your elders, here. 'Little'...I've been in your lands for six years, and in this town for long enough to know stuff is happening here."

Her face grew concerned.

Something is up...

"Open the door," she said, softly. Her gentle tone contrasted with the way she'd just spoken to July. "We need to talk."

She froze. There was no response heard through the door, no sound of footsteps to open the door. 

Again… the door is unlocked 

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

She froze. There was no response heard through the door, no sound of footsteps to open the door. 

If Ma'tani could read that quote box, it would basically be an invitation, so...

Ma'tani turned the doorknob and slowly opened the door.

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“The situations are different,” she repeated. 

"Mhm. I can handle myself well enough, but some people need help." July said, putting emphasis on the second part.

6 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Her face grew concerned.

Something is up...

Lol i skimmed your post and thought she was a teenager, that's my bad.

Alternatively, July is really tall, so let's go with that interpretation.

(July is in his early to middle twenties)

He looked done at her, mentally taking note of the good head of height he had on her. 

"Since when does being an adult make you an elder? You can't be more then a decade older than me."

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

July grabbed her hand. "You can't barge into a young girls room! Even if you are a lady yourself."

But the door was already open, so it was little use in complaining.

Edited by J. Magi

The room should have been a closet, honestly. There was a small stuffed animal on a mat on the floor, a few candles and matches, two sets of clothes, and a tiny window. And, of course, a girl frozen in fear. 

Jolane doesn’t know this, but the stuffie’s a barn owl

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Mhm. I can handle myself well enough, but some people need help." July said, putting emphasis on the second part.

He looked done at her, mentally taking note of the good head of height he had on her. 

"Since when does being an adult make you an elder? You can't be more then a decade older than me."

July grabbed her hand. "You can't barge into a young girls room! Even if you are a lady yourself."

The room should have been a closet, honestly. There was a small stuffed animal on a mat on the floor, a few candles and matches, two sets of clothes, and a tiny window. And, of course, a girl frozen in fear. 

"We can leave you alone if you want . . ."

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Ma'tani held up a hand to silence July. She didn't even glance at him.

"You poor girl..." she said, softly. "What has he done to you?"

4 hours ago, Wierdo said:

Yes! Join! Definitely read backstory so you know characters.

1 hour ago, Through The Living Glass said:

The girl didn't come down after a little while, and it was getting late, so Niamh decided it was probably time to get some sleep. She put her lute in a waterproof casing. She then grabbed the other two instrument cases, the barefooted man's silver coin, and the tin of coins, and headed outside.

It was a warm, clear night, and the stars shone brightly. She walked around the tavern and into the woods a ways to where she had set a hammock between two trees. She set her instruments on a nearby flat rock, took her boots off, and collapsed on the hammock. She pulled a small strip of jerky out of a pocket, and ate it while she stared at the stars peeking through the canopy of leaves. She probably could have used a change of clothes, but was too exhausted to do much else.

Niamh finished her jerky, and gazed at the sky until she fell asleep.

20 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Same! What do y'all say to a little time skip for those people sleeping? Maybe like they have been talking all night and the sun is beginning to rise now. If that messes up stuff with the owner locking the door or anything else, that is totally fine but if it works well, a time skip would be great too!

Just now, J. Magi said:

"We can leave you alone if you want . . ."

Ma'tani held up a hand to silence July. She didn't even glance at him.

"You poor girl..." she said, softly. "What has he done to you?"

“He’s just made me work, I’m fine, you should probably go.”

Just now, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Maybe a little more time for this convo?

"We can talk more in the morning, I'm sure you need to rest." He headed to the door.

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

"I'm not going to let him hurt you," she said softly. "Not for the consequences of my own actions, at least. And not at all, if I can help it."

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"We can talk more in the morning, I'm sure you need to rest." He headed to the door.

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Tehehehehehe

Trauma

Trauma is happening

"I'm not going to let him hurt you," she said softly. "Not for the consequences of my own actions, at least. And not at all, if I can help it."

“I’m not worried about me,” she whispered. 

“I’m not worried about me,” she whispered. 

"We don't want to bother you . . . but we want to help. Maybe I can step in since I'll be staying for a while?"

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ta'tani hesitated.

Did I completely misread this?

"Who?"

Her eyes darted between the two of them. 

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"We don't want to bother you . . . but we want to help. Maybe I can step in since I'll be staying for a while?"

2 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Yeah, yeah, and it really isn't bad or anything I was just putting it out there. 

2 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

I think @Spark of Hope @J. Magi and @The Bookwyrm are the most currently involved plot people right now. 

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Spoiler

Ha

Spoiler

Ha

Spoiler

ha

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler