FANTASY-NO MAGIC

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Her eyes darted between the two of them. 

July's hand was still on the door handle.

"What do you want us to do?"

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani waited.

I swear, I have half a mind to go tear the information out of the innkeeper himself at this rate.

Implying she was worried about them…

Just now, J. Magi said:

July's hand was still on the door handle.

"What do you want us to do?"

“Go to your rooms,” she said quietly. 

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

...Oh.

*facepalm*

Ma'tani's face went expressionless. She left July and Jolane in the doorway, walked to her room, and grabbed her sword, still wrapped in fabric. Then she walked downstairs to the common room of the inn.

redo cause i got ninjad

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Okay, we will, but we'll talk about this more tomorrow, okay?" July said evenly. He opened the door all the way.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani's face went expressionless. She left July and Jolane in the doorway, walked to her room, and grabbed her sword, still wrapped in fabric. Then she walked downstairs to the common room of the inn.

He hurried after her. "Where are you going?" He had a suspicion it wasn't back to her room.

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Okay, we will, but we'll talk about this more tomorrow, okay?" July said evenly. He opened the door all the way.

He hurried after her. "Where are you going?" He had a suspicion it wasn't back to her room.

"To get some answers." She paused and turned to July when they were in the stairwell, out of Jolane's earshot.

"I don't know what you just saw there, but what saw was a girl who has been manipulated, and possibly abused, for far too long. I don't care how common it is in your lands; I'm going to do what I can to put a stop to it."

Edited by The Bookwyrm

"To get some answers." She paused and turned to July. 

"I don't know what you just saw there, but what saw was a girl who has been manipulated, and possibly abused, for far too long. I don't care how common it is in your lands; I'm going to do what I can to put a stop to it."

"I saw a girl who's been pushed into a corner, if there was an easy solution she would've already taken it."

He said, standing in her way, jaw set. "These things are best handled with caution and understanding--if you rush into it you could make things worse. A lot worse."

"I know what's common in my lands. And, I know that there's a certain way to handle it."

Just now, J. Magi said:

"I saw a girl who's been pushed into a corner, if there was an easy solution she would've already taken it."

He said, standing in her way, jaw set. "These things are best handled with caution and understanding--if you rush into it you could make things worse. A lot worse."

"I know what's common in my lands. And, I know that there's a certain way to handle it."

"And what might that be? As you said, if there was an easy solution she would've already taken it."

8 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Jolane closed her door. Her breathing came quickly. She slowly drifted to the floor, her back on the door. 

She’d probably just caused trouble for them and herself. 

But they’d noticed her. 

6 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

Jolane closed her door. Her breathing came quickly. She slowly drifted to the floor, her back on the door. 

She’d probably just caused trouble for them and herself. 

But they’d noticed her. 

Aw

I like Ma'tani having big sister vibes.

Huh, I wonder if she learned that example from anyone... *cough wit please let me have magic eventually it would work so well for her backstory cough*

Edited by The Bookwyrm

6 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"And what might that be? As you said, if there was an easy solution she would've already taken it."

"We wait, at least a little. I work here now, I can find more information then you can--and certainly in a more delicate way then just interrogating the tavern keeper. We watch. We figure out what's happening."

"If it's not as simple as it seems, then we do what can. If this really is a black-and-white den of evil then we run and take her with us."

"Tomorrow I'll be working with the Tavernkeeprr directly and I'll ask him about things, maybe snoop around a little. You can spend time with Jolane. We'll make a plan from there."

July took a deep breath, calming himself down. "We can't let this devolve into violence."

Edited by J. Magi

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

it wouldn't be the first time in hg history . . . *cough* i would know *cough*

Edited by J. Magi

"We wait, at least a little. I work here now, I can find more information then you can--and certainly in a more delicate way then just interrogating the tavern keeper. We watch. We figure out what's happening."

"If it's not as simple as it seems, then we do what can. If this really is a black-and-white den of evil then we run and take her with us."

"Tomorrow I'll be working with the Tavernkeeprr directly and I'll ask him about things, maybe snoop around a little. You can spend time with Jolane. We'll make a plan from there."

July took a deep breath, calming himself down. "We can't let this devolve into violence."

Ma'tani sighed.

"...Fine."

She met his eyes with a piercing glare.

"But don't think for a moment I'm going to let you leave her." She smiled wryly. "We're stuck together now, the three of us. Until this all gets sorted out, at least. Hope you're ready."

She turned and marched back up the stairs, and into her room, closing and locking the door behind her.

Once she was alone, she stared down at the sword, still wrapped. 

Well, you'd probably have handled that better than I did, she thought. No matter. 

Maybe I'll have a companion or two when I finally find you again.

I'm good for a timeskip now if that's what people want.

Ma'tani sighed.

"...Fine."

"But don't think for a moment I'm going to let you leave her." She smiled wryly. "We're stuck together now, the three of us. Until this all gets sorted out, at least. Hope you're ready."

She turned and marched back up the stairs, and into her room, closing and locking the door behind her.

Well, you'd probably have handled that better than I did, she thought. No matter. 

That's all good with me.

JM hurry up and put July to bed 😁

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani sighed.

"...Fine."

"Of course I'm staying, I work here."

July sighed as he watched her go. 

He'd certainly found something to do with himself, and that was the goal.

Suddenly feeling exhausted, he want to his own room. Locking the door and turning in himself.

1 minute ago, Through The Living Glass said:

He is tucked in and ready to go, ma'am

let the time-skip commence

12 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Mmyeeeaaaah…

6 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani sighed.

"...Fine."

Suddenly feeling exhausted, he want to his own room. Locking the door and turning in himself.

Yes, let it 

*time skip commences*

THE NEXT MORNING:

When Niamh awoke, her skin was damp, her clothes were rumpled, and her hair and eyelashes were speckled with dew. She yawned sleepily and stretched, noting that the sun was barely peaking over the horizon.

She swung her legs off the hammock and slipped her boots on, changed her outfit, and combed her hair. Then she grabbed her instruments and the tin cup (which she had emptied into her coin pouch the night before), and headed back into the tavern.

She opened the door and found Robert walking into the back room.

"Hey, Rob," she called, amused. "How 'bout something to eat?"

Just realized. Y'all should probably know that Niamh is pronounced "Neve," not "Nim" or "Niam."

It's Irish and I liked it.

Hehehe.

22 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

:ph34r:

13 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani sighed.

"...Fine."

6 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

10 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

NO! I wanted to time skip! Ill post in a minute.