FANTASY-NO MAGIC

1 minute ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Wit awoke. His hand was on his sword. As always. He rubbed his eyes. He had slept really well. Like, super well. Mybe it was because there was no band of men out to kill him. 

Maybe.

He stood and began his way to the tavern after gathering his things. Money ouch, sword, knife, rope and cloak. It was simplistic, but enough. Wit didn't find happiness in his things, but how they were used or who they were used for. He approached the small door inside, hesitated, then entered...

1 hour ago, Through The Living Glass said:

THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED SPEED READING NOT NORMAL READING lol

I CAN ONLY READ SO FAST IN CLASS!

When Niamh awoke, her skin was damp, her clothes were rumpled, and her hair and eyelashes were speckled with dew. She yawned sleepily and stretched, noting that the sun was barely peaking over the horizon.

She swung her legs off the hammock and slipped her boots on, changed her outfit, and combed her hair. Then she grabbed her instruments and the tin cup (which she had emptied into her coin pouch the night before), and headed back into the tavern.

She opened the door and found Robert walking into the back room.

"Hey, Rob," she called, amused. "How 'bout something to eat?"

Roy walked downstairs his priest robes billowing in a faint breeze from an open window. his bare arms bore several black tattooed bands. 12 in total. 6 on each arm. he looked over at Niamh when he got down. "hello." he said as he wiped the tiredness from his face with one hand.

he looked over towards the bar counter. "could I also get something to eat?" Roy asked Rob. as Roy turned towards Roy a raw uncut red stone could be seen hanging from a chain on Roy's neck. 

Niamh went and sat on the floor near her stool, set her load down, and leaned her head back against the wall. She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment.

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

50 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Niamh went and sat on the floor near her stool, set her load down, and leaned her head back against the wall. She sighed and closed her eyes for a moment.

Wit came in. The fresh morning air, drafting in behind him. He smiled, then saw the performer from the night before. What was her name. She seemed so familiar. He had to see why. What was her name? Something that started with an ‘M’?”

30 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy walked downstairs his priest robes billowing in the non-existent wind. his bare arms bore several black tattooed bands. 12 in total. 6 on each arm. he looked over at Niamh when he got down. "hello." he said as he wiped the tiredness from his face with one hand.

he looked over towards the bar counter. "could I also get something to eat?" Roy asked Rob. as Roy turned towards Roy a raw uncut red stone could be seen hanging from a chain on Roy's neck. it glowed lightly with a crackling red light. 

Reminder, no magic.

11 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Wit came in. The fresh morning air, drafting in behind him. He smiled, then saw the performer from the night before. What was her name. She seemed so familiar. He had to see why. What was her name? Something that started with an ‘M’?”

what do you mean? there is no magic... 

Spoiler

its fixed now ok?

roy looked over at wit as he arrived. "hello my child. how was your night?"

roy is a priest for clarification. a battle priest to be exsact.

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy walked downstairs his priest robes billowing in a faint breeze from an open window. his bare arms bore several black tattooed bands. 12 in total. 6 on each arm. he looked over at Niamh when he got down. "hello." he said as he wiped the tiredness from his face with one hand.

Niamh had no idea who this man was. "Ah... good morning?"

She opened her lute case and began tuning the strings.

Edited by Through The Living Glass

33 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Niamh had no idea who this man was. "Ah... good morning?"

She opened her lute case and began tuning the strings.

"are you a musician? care to play?" roy asked kindly.

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

roy looked over at wit as he arrived. "hello my child. how was your night?"

Niamh raised an eyebrow at him and continued tuning.

"After I have some food, yes."

"Child? you couldn't be forty cycles!" Wit smiled. "No, you are right, you are old, old..." and a little proud too... 

"Anyways, what is your name?" Wit was determined to be patient with somebody even if they were a fool. 

"And your as well! I think I must know you!" Wit said addressing the Niamh.

2 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Niamh raised an eyebrow at him and continued tuning.

"After I have some food, yes."

"then lets get you some food!" roy said as he looked around the room for some food. 

1 hour ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"Child? you couldn't be forty cycles!" Wit smiled. "No, you are right, you are old, old..." and a little proud too... 

"Anyways, what is your name?" Wit was determined to be patient with somebody even if they were a fool. 

"And your as well! I think I must know you!" Wit said addressing the Niamh.

"I am older than I look by far. i may look only 40 cycles but I am older than my years. i have been to the temple of youth where I was given some anti aging cream! i think its mostly just raw eggs but it gets rid off all my wrincles at least! i also dye my hair this nice blond!"

Arranis stretches, his muscles protesting as he shifts in the hay that lay in the back stable of the inn. Dont know why people would ever like to sleep in such cramped confines. He thinks to himself. He quickly checks his surroundings his hand on his double sheathed knives, a gift from another place. "These have come in handy hey, Nudger" he says looking at his horse. 

Arranis stretches a bit more thinking about the night, which he unfortunately had wasted by falling asleep on the table. He grins, before walking around the side of the building, his mottled grey and green cloak floating about him, and his silver oakleaf glinting slightly in the sun, as he walks in the door to the building and taking a seat, waiting for a server, while clutching his money bag

40 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis stretches, his muscles protesting as he shifts in the hay that lay in the back stable of the inn. Dont know why people would ever like to sleep in such cramped confines. He thinks to himself. He quickly checks his surroundings his hand on his double sheathed knives, a gift from another place. "These have come in handy hey, Nudger" he says looking at his horse. 

Arranis stretches a bit more thinking about the night, which he unfortunately had wasted by falling asleep on the table. He grins, before walking around the side of the building, his mottled grey and green cloak floating about him, and his silver oakleaf glinting slightly in the sun, as he walks in the door to the building and taking a seat, waiting for a server, while clutching his money bag

“Hello My child. How was your night?” Roy asked ominously the crystal at his neck seemed to glow as he said that. But that’s impossible. It must just be a trick of the light. Then again it is an uncut gemstone.

35 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“Hello My child. How was your night?” Roy asked ominously the crystal at his neck seemed to glow as he said that. But that’s impossible. It must just be a trick of the light. Then again it is an uncut gemstone.

Arranis glances at the man dressed in the priestly robes, and notes his causal stance, and what looked to be weapons attached to him at many points. One of those knightly priests or something? he thinks to himself expecting an answer. None comes. That's right he thinks to himself somewhat sadly. Feeling a sense of loneliness sweep over him. He turns to the priest, "I slept well, What about you father?" he says politely. 

1 hour ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis glances at the man dressed in the priestly robes, and notes his causal stance, and what looked to be weapons attached to him at many points. One of those knightly priests or something? he thinks to himself expecting an answer. None comes. That's right he thinks to himself somewhat sadly. Feeling a sense of loneliness sweep over him. He turns to the priest, "I slept well, What about you father?" he says politely. 

"oh you know. well enough... though i did have to stay up late getting my latest band all finished." father roy said pointing to the still-healing black tattood band across the top of his bicep on his bare arms. he smiled knowingly and as he shifted on his seat one of his conseiled weapons pressed up against the fabric. roy took no notice of this and turned back to the bar.

2 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"oh you know. well enough... though i did have to stay up late getting my latest band all finished." father roy said pointing to the still-healing black tattood band across the top of his bicep on his bare arms. he smiled knowingly and as he shifted on his seat one of his conseiled weapons pressed up against the fabric. roy took no notice of this and turned back to the bar.

Arranis nods as he talks, looking at the tattoos. Never seen use for those things. He shrugs mentally to himself. "It is rather impressive, did you do it yourself father?" Arranis asks, noticing the dagger being highlighted by the robes. He quickly looks behind him, pleased to see that he still had his bow slung across his back. An unstrung bow is a stick. The words of one of his mentors sticks in his mind. Right true that is

10 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

When Niamh awoke, her skin was damp, her clothes were rumpled, and her hair and eyelashes were speckled with dew. She yawned sleepily and stretched, noting that the sun was barely peaking over the horizon.

She swung her legs off the hammock and slipped her boots on, changed her outfit, and combed her hair. Then she grabbed her instruments and the tin cup (which she had emptied into her coin pouch the night before), and headed back into the tavern.

She opened the door and found Robert walking into the back room.

"Hey, Rob," she called, amused. "How 'bout something to eat?"

I was sleeping

10 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Wit awoke. His hand was on his sword. As always. He rubbed his eyes. He had slept really well. Like, super well. Mybe it was because there was no band of men out to kill him. 

Maybe.

He stood and began his way to the tavern after gathering his things. Money ouch, sword, knife, rope and cloak. It was simplistic, but enough. Wit didn't find happiness in his things, but how they were used or who they were used for. He approached the small door inside, hesitated, then entered...

The tavern door or Jolane’s room?

10 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Robert approached. “Is there anything I can get for you?”

9 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

he looked over towards the bar counter. "could I also get something to eat?" Roy asked Rob. as Roy turned towards Roy a raw uncut red stone could be seen hanging from a chain on Roy's neck. 

2 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

After finishing with Niamh, Robert can over and said, “Even if you didn’t stay in a room, it’s ten schlaff per night.”

9 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis nods as he talks, looking at the tattoos. Never seen use for those things. He shrugs mentally to himself. "It is rather impressive, did you do it yourself father?" Arranis asks, noticing the dagger being highlighted by the robes. He quickly looks behind him, pleased to see that he still had his bow slung across his back. An unstrung bow is a stick. The words of one of his mentors sticks in his mind. Right true that is

"i wish i did it myself. some of my fellow brothers do it themselves but I find it much easier after earning one to get someone else to do it for me. you do know their significance... right?"

5 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Robert approached. “Is there anything I can get for you?”

After finishing with Niamh, Robert can over and said, “Even if you didn’t stay in a room, it’s ten schlaff per night.”

"i did stay in a room and here is your schlaff... how much is food for breakfast? also get some for my musition friend over here." father roy said sliding some coins over before pointing at Niamh who had agreed to play music after food.

@Through The Living Glass

Just now, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i wish i did it myself. some of my fellow brothers do it themselves but I find it much easier after earning one to get someone else to do it for me. you do know their significance... right?"

"i did stay in a room and here is your schlaff... how much is food for breakfast? also get some for my musition friend over here." father roy said sliding some coins over before pointing at Niamh who had agreed to play music after food.

@Through The Living Glass

He counted up the schlaff and returned with two trays of bread, cheese, butter, and water. 

I’m not being cheap! Just looked up medieval breakfast so you get what Google says you get

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

He counted up the schlaff and returned with two trays of bread, cheese, butter, and water. 

“Ahh thank you for your generosity. How can I thank you for your kindness? Other than with coins which you will get either way…”

7 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"then lets get you some food!" roy said as he looked around the room for some food. 

"I am older than I look by far. i may look only 40 cycles but I am older than my years. i have been to the temple of youth where I was given some anti aging cream! i think its mostly just raw eggs but it gets rid off all my wrincles at least! i also dye my hair this nice blond!"

"What are years?"

Me: uses the word "cycle" specifically for a person from a culture where they wouldn't have seasons, and measured years by the turning of the stars

Everyone else: Starts using "cycle"

Ma'tani sat on her bed again. She'd been up late, thinking about Jolane, and the problems surrounding her. 

Lots of people would have said it was none of their business and moved on. Others would have done a little to help, maybe gone to the authorities, and hurried on their way, guilty they couldn't do more.

Ma'tani intended to do far more than either of those. After all, Jianzi had done more than that for her.

She left her room and used the key to lock it behind her. Then she descended the stairs and into the common room, waiting for one of the staff to come find her. Hopefully Jolane. Even better if it was Robert himself.

@Spark of Hope @J. Magi @Anyone who's character would want to interact with a strange foreigner

Edited by The Bookwyrm

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani sat on her bed again. She'd been up late, thinking about Jolane, and the problems surrounding her. 

Lots of people would have said it was none of their business and moved on. Others would have done a little to help, maybe gone to the authorities, and hurried on their way, guilty they couldn't do more.

Ma'tani intended to do far more than either of those. After all, Jianzi had done more than that for her.

She left her room and used the key to lock it behind her. Then she descended the stairs and into the common room, waiting for one of the staff to come find her. Hopefully Jolane. Even better if it was Robert himself.

@Spark of Hope @J. Magi @Anyone who's character would want to interact with a strange foreigner

July was already up, and waiting in the common room. His job wouldn't start till the afternoon, and there was little to do till them.

To pass the time, he was settled at one of the front tables, where he could get a good view of the bar, and the employees while they worked. He doubted he'd over hear something important, but maybe he could learn something from their actions.

Soon Robert would get July, and show him where he was meant to help with records. If luck was on his side, that was his chance to snoop and ask questions.

July noted the lady from last night entering. Hopefully she wouldn't cause a ruckus like last night.

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“Ahh thank you for your generosity. How can I thank you for your kindness? Other than with coins which you will get either way…”

He raised an eyebrow. “You paid for dinner and food, which I gave you.”

15 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Jolane wasn’t there quite yet. She was out back, washing her laundry. 

5 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

July was already up, and waiting in the common room. His job wouldn't start till the afternoon, and there was little to do till them.

To pass the time, he was settled at one of the front tables, where he could get a good view of the bar, and the employees while they worked. He doubted he'd over hear something important, but maybe he could learn something from their actions.

Soon Robert would get July, and show him where he was meant to help with records. If luck was on his side, that was his chance to snoop and ask questions.

July noted the lady from last night entering. Hopefully she wouldn't cause a ruckus like last night.

“You want breakfast?”

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

He raised an eyebrow. “You paid for dinner and food, which I gave you.”

Jolane wasn’t there quite yet. She was out back, washing her laundry. 

“You want breakfast?”

"Sure, I don't care what." He said. "What time exactly do you want to start?"