FANTASY-NO MAGIC

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

July would probably know it! He's local to the area/country

39 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Jolane continued cleaning dishes.

"You seem to have gathered quite a bit of attention."

She blushed. "I didn't mean to."

"I'm aware. Why are they all so attentive to you?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I'm so young? I don't exactly fit in with the rest of the tavern."

"Could be... You've not said anything, have you?"

"No, nothing." That was true. It was more what she didn't say.

"Mmm..."

@The Bookwyrm @Through The Living Glass @J. Magi (can someone ping Wit please) @WildRye

July appeared behind them.

"She hasn't said anything about what?" he asked innocently.

"It's noon, by the way."

Just now, J. Magi said:

July appeared behind them.

"She hasn't said anything about what?" he asked innocently.

"It's noon, by the way."

Robert blinked. “If you want to keep a job here you’ll want to stay out of private conversations.”

Robert blinked. “If you want to keep a job here you’ll want to stay out of private conversations.”

"Sorry!! I wasn't trying to eavesdrop. Just curious, that's all."

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Sorry!! I wasn't trying to eavesdrop. Just curious, that's all."

Robert raised an eyebrow. “Count up the schlaff in the back.”

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"Okay, uh . . . where is it?"

“… in the back.”

Just like a small room with drawers of money and kegs? The kitchen is a separate area

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

“… in the back.”

"I've never been in this part of the building before . . ." he muttered as he wandered around trying to find a door to 'the back.'

Eventually he found it, tucked in a corner. He pulled the heavy wooden door open, and slipped inside.

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"I've never been in this part of the building before . . ." he muttered as he wandered around trying to find a door to 'the back.'

Eventually he found it, tucked in a corner. He pulled the heavy wooden door open, and slipped inside.

The schlaff were in a drawer in the wall opposite many kegs of alcoholic beverages. 

The schlaff were in a drawer in the wall opposite many kegs of alcoholic beverages. 

July took the opportunity to explore the other drawers, before finally finding the schlaff.

He set them down on a small table in the corner. After some more digging, he found a pen, some ink, and an old finance logbook.

He counted the schlaff and recorded it, meticulously calculating incomes and other smart people stuff. If he was going to use his job to snoop, then he had to do a very thorough job at his official work to avoid suspicion.

18 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

July took the opportunity to explore the other drawers, before finally finding the schlaff.

He set them down on a small table in the corner. After some more digging, he found a pen, some ink, and an old finance logbook.

He counted the schlaff and recorded it, meticulously calculating incomes and other smart people stuff. If he was going to use his job to snoop, then he had to do a very thorough job at his official work to avoid suspicion.

After about an hour, Robert walked in to check on him. “Well?”

9 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"What are years?"

“They are the same as a cycle only broken down into smaller chunks than seasons.”

8 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

He raised an eyebrow. “You paid for dinner and food, which I gave you.”

Jolane wasn’t there quite yet. She was out back, washing her laundry. 

“You want breakfast?”

“I know I paid you but I want to show you how thankful I am for food. I’ve not eaten in ages.”

4 hours ago, J. Magi said:

That’s assuming that they have moral compasses… mine is literally a killer for his religion…

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Jolane continued cleaning dishes.

"You seem to have gathered quite a bit of attention."

She blushed. "I didn't mean to."

"I'm aware. Why are they all so attentive to you?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I'm so young? I don't exactly fit in with the rest of the tavern."

"Could be... You've not said anything, have you?"

"No, nothing." That was true. It was more what she didn't say.

"Mmm..."

@The Bookwyrm @Through The Living Glass @J. Magi (can someone ping Wit please) @WildRye

You seem to have forgotten someone…

“So @Through The Living Glass care to play some music for me and the others?” Roy said pointing to wit and arranis

@Scars of Hathsin @witisbest

7 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“They are the same as a cycle only broken down into smaller chunks than seasons.”

“I know I paid you but I want to show you how thankful I am for food. I’ve not eaten in ages.”

“So @Through The Living Glass care to play some music for me and the others?” Roy said pointing to wit and arranis

Sorry!

“Favors work.”

1 minute ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis nods, "Music would be nice" he says distractedly, looking at the other people in the bar, who were looking at the girl who was cleaning glasses, and talking in a semi-languageTrouble there I think. He wonders to himself. 

“You alright?” Roy started before he saw what arranis was looking at… they were not speaking common… must be some local dialect… what are they saying? She looks like she might want some help. Roy stood up and walked over. “Is there a problem here?” Roy asked using all his fatherly energy and priestly aura in that question. 
@Spark of Hope

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Favors work.”

“Sure that sounds good. Let me know if you need anything from me later.”

1 minute ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“You alright?” Roy started before he saw what arranis was looking at… they were not speaking common… must be some local dialect… what are they saying? She looks like she might want some help. Roy stood up and walked over. “Is there a problem here?” Roy asked using all his fatherly energy and priestly aura in that question. 
@Spark of Hope

“Sure that sounds good. Let me know if you need anything from me later.”

“N-no, everything is fine.”

~~~

”Yes, I’ll be sure to.”

“N-no, everything is fine.”

~~~

”Yes, I’ll be sure to.”

“Are you absolutely sure? It’s alright to not be ok. If you ever don’t feel safe or comfortable the church of the Blood Stone will always be open for you to seek help.”

Just now, RoyalBeeMage said:

“Are you absolutely sure? It’s alright to not be ok. If you ever don’t feel safe or comfortable the church of the Blood Stone will always be open for you to seek help.”

“It’s fine, really.”

“It’s fine, really.”

Roy squinted his eyes disbelieving but said nothing and walking back to his original seat. Before he walked away though he slipped a small raw uncut red crystal into her pocket. “For emergencies.” He whispered out of hearing’s range.

8 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Robert approached. "Before that. You and your buddies caused quite a ruckus last night. Broke a few chairs in the mayhem, and nearly burned down my tavern."

@The Bookwyrm

Sutter laughed. "I'll pay you double, then, although t'wasn't my fault for all that. Ol' Nelan, he's the real fervent one. I'm just his cousin. Surprised they didn't notice me sneakin' off. They should be back in Issor by now. I think the witch has about 6 days left to live now, so if you wanna watch you can leave on the 15th."

He pulled out a bag of coins and dropped a few into his palm, showing them to Robert.

3 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy squinted his eyes disbelieving but said nothing and walking back to his original seat. Before he walked away though he slipped a small raw uncut red crystal into her pocket. “For emergencies.” He whispered out of hearing’s range.

She stood, confused, but didn’t remove it. 

2 minutes ago, WildRye said:

Sutter laughed. "I'll pay you double, then, although t'wasn't my fault for all that. Ol' Nelan, he's the real fervent one. I'm just his cousin. Surprised they didn't notice me sneakin' off. They should be back in Issor by now. I think the witch has about 6 days left to live now, so if you wanna watch you can leave on the 15th."

He pulled out a bag of coins and dropped a few into his palm, showing them to Robert.

“Hmm… very well.”

She stood, confused, but didn’t remove it. 

“Hmm… very well.”

Roy smiled to himself knowing that the gem could be cut and sold for a small fortune… but it was also a sign of being under the protection of a blade priest… what would she value more? Roy wondered 

Just now, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy smiled to himself knowing that the gem could be cut and sold for a small fortune… but it was also a sign of being under the protection of a blade priest… what would she value more? Roy wondered 

She didn’t know what it meant, nor what it was worth. But she would keep it hidden from Robert. 

7 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"Just some cheese and bread would be fine."

"You do look familiar." Niamh replied.

7 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"THANK YOU!"

Just read through it before it gets long.

31 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

This is literally therapy rp. 

Wit shrugged. "Music is good." He looked at Roy. "So who are you?"

32 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Wit shrugged. "Music is good." He looked at Roy. "So who are you?"

Your not wrong!

“My name? I am Father Roy the keeper of the DeathSong. I am a blade priest for the church of the blood stone. I am a high ranking member returning to my home after having been sent out on a mission. My 12th mission to be exact.” Roy said pointing to his tattooed arms. “And who are you?”

2 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“My name? I am Father Roy the keeper of the DeathSong. I am a blade priest for the church of the blood stone. I am a high ranking member returning to my home after having been sent out on a mission. My 12th mission to be exact.” Roy said pointing to his tattooed arms. “And who are you?”

Ahhhhhh, that’s why you’re important…