FANTASY-NO MAGIC

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Good. Just take orders, tell the kitchen or barkeep, bring it back once it's ready."

"Okay, okay I can do that."

July wandered off, approaching one table or another, getting orders. He was trying to give Jolane space. He hated to think he made her uncomfortable. 

Hypnotism isn't exactly magic  .. . . 

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Okay, okay I can do that."

July wandered off, approaching one table or another, getting orders. He was trying to give Jolane space. He hated to think he made her uncomfortable. 

It is in my mind, at least... idk. 

She didn't approach him, but if he had questions she would answer.

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

She didn't approach him, but if he had questions she would answer.

July continued to work and do stuff. As he went, he gossiped with the customers, looking for rumors that would help him.

. . . .. but

it's real

isn't it?

Just now, J. Magi said:

July continued to work and do stuff. As he went, he gossiped with the customers, looking for rumors that would help him.

😕🤔

I've always thought it more a hoax, a parlor trick, yk? Don't personally think it's a real thing

Tavern regulars told him she'd been working every time they'd been there, no matter the day of week or time of day. If it wasn't late night, she was working.

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

Tavern regulars told him she'd been working every time they'd been there, no matter the day of week or time of day. If it wasn't late night, she was working.

Honestly I've only ever seen it on TV and I'm really gullible, so it probably isn't. Plus my family is pretty superstitious

July took mental note of what he heard.

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani waved him over.

He approached after finishing up at another table.

"What can I get you?"

3 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Stew. I'm hungry."

Then she leaned forward. "What did you find?" She asked in a low voice. "Is she getting paid?"

He his voice lowered as well, but he kept his body langauge normal to avoid suspicion.

"Not at all, and she's working all day every day. The owner's pretty tight-lipped from what little I've talked to him."

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

He his voice lowered as well, but he kept his body langauge normal to avoid suspicion.

"Not at all, and she's working all day every day. The owner's pretty tight-lipped from what little I've talked to him."

Ma'tani nodded and leaned back again slightly.

"We need to find out why."

46 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani nodded and leaned back again slightly.

"We need to find out why."

"Yes, but if we push too far too soon, we won't get another chance."

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani sat near Niamh, listening to her conversation, when she noticed the drunk "witch-hunter" eye Jolane.

Aw, come on... 

She felt in her robes for the dagger she hid there, in case he did anything stupid. Not that she intended to kill him. But still...

@Spark of Hope @WildRye @Through The Living Glass

Ma'tani already asked Niamh about the conversation they had, remember?

57 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Yes, but if we push too far too soon, we won't get another chance."

I’ll give you two another thing…

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

A man in his late fourties entered the tavern. He seemed worn down by time, or something else. “Do either of you know where Robert is?”

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

A man in his late fourties entered the tavern. He seemed worn down by time, or something else. “Do either of you know where Robert is?”

Ma'tani pointed to July. "He'll know."

@J. Magi

3 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Niamh turned to the other woman.

"You were saying?"

"...I guess you could say I'm worried for your young friend's position." She jestured towards Jolane. "Something's not right about her position. I think she's being manipultated, maybe abused."

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

"...I guess you could say I'm worried for your young friend's position." She jestured towards Jolane. "Something's not right about her position. I think she's being manipultated, maybe abused."

"I'm having similar thoughts; thought I don't really know enough to take a stance."

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

@J. Magi

"Oh, he's in the back . . . in his office . . . doing important things. Can I get you anything?"

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Oh, he's in the back . . . in his office . . . doing important things. Can I get you anything?"

“No, that’s fine. I’m just here to speak with him.”

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

@J. Magi

1 minute ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"I'm having similar thoughts; thought I don't really know enough to take a stance."

Ma'tani smiled slightly. "Well, what do you think we're working on?" She pointed a thumb and July.

Niamh looked- wait, was that the awkward, cloaked man from the night before? Niamh laughed briefly.

She looked back to the other woman. "Why are you invested in helping Jolane? If anything is happening at all." Niamh certainly had her suspicions, but no solid proof of anything.

5 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“No, that’s fine. I’m just here to speak with him.”

"Okay . . . I guess I'll go see if he's busy." Awkwardly, July put his tray under his arm, and started moving toward the back rooms.

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani smiled slightly. "Well, what do you think we're working on?" She pointed a thumb and July.

He gave them a glance. What had he said about being subtle!? This easterner would be the death of him (affectionately).

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Okay . . . I guess I'll go see if he's busy." Awkwardly, July put his tray under his arm, and started moving toward the back rooms.

He gave them a glance. What had he said about being subtle!? This easterner would be the death of him (affectionately).

She's being subtle...

Or she thinks she is...

Ma'tani's characterization is going in the complete opposite direction of how I originally had her.

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Robert looked up from a notebook upon hearing his footsteps.

4 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

She looked back to the other woman. "Why are you invested in helping Jolane? If anything is happening at all." Niamh certainly had her suspicions, but no solid proof of anything.

Ma'tani fell silent for a moment.

"Got to pay the Spirits back somehow, right?" She said softly. "They gave me him. Maybe they gave Jolane me."

She smiled and shook her head. "Nevermind. That's none of your concern. I'm just someone who likes getting in other people's business, and helping people who never asked for my help. I'm endearing like that."