FANTASY-NO MAGIC

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

he stares at the daggers blankly like "that supposed to do something?"

"It's threatening," July explained flatly.

shinobi are like assassin type ninja people. however, he's still a teen, so he likes to show off. 

That's kinda what I was thinking-

-but like still he just threw a knife in her general direction. 😁

Just now, J. Magi said:

"It's threatening," July explained flatly.

"What, no-" Niamh put one of the daggers away and pulled the knife out of the table. "It's for self defense..."

theres a fwish and a lock of july's hair is pinned to the wall with a kunai quivering slightly. hair was cut off.

Nevermind, she thought.

theres a fwish and a lock of july's hair is pinned to the wall with a kunai quivering slightly. hair was cut off.

"HEY! I spent forever growing it out!" He tugs on the now short lock of hair.

"Do I need to ask you to leave sir? If your looking to create a disturbance then your not welcome here."

1 minute ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"What, no-" Niamh put one of the daggers away and pulled the knife out of the table. "It's for self defense..."

Nevermind, she thought.

"Well you pulled them out as a warning, so same thing."

Just now, Through The Living Glass said:

Nevermind, she thought.

He shrugs. Then he goes back to eating. 

shinobi are ridiculously strong. basing him kinda off of the main character of Hell's Paradise.

Just now, J. Magi said:

"HEY! I spent forever growing it out!" He tugs on the now short lock of hair.

"Do I need to ask you to leave sir? If your looking to create a disturbance then your not welcome here."

"Well you pulled them out as a warning, so same thing."

he shakes his head no.

I love how that's what you are angry about, not the fact that he's now created two holes with his blades.

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

he shakes his head no.

lolll in character for July

"Okay, then put your weapons away and order something!"

Edited by J. Magi

27 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

July did his best to hide any expression that would give away the fact that he was listening. Hearing the conversation rap up, he hurridly grabbed his tray and went back to working at tables. Luckily he did so before the door was opened.

The man sulked out of the tavern. 

24 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"No... what's your name."

STOOOOOOOOP

8 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Bro is spiderman.

Niamh immediately jumped up and pulled two silvery daggers out of the folds in her clothing, the lute hitting the ground.

The owner stepped out of his office. “If you keep causing a disturbance you’ll have to leave.”

he points to his mouth, then makes an x.

"Just because you don't have a tongue doesn't mean you can't eat. This is a food establishment." July pulled a paper menu out of pocket. "Just point to something."

Just now, Through The Living Glass said:

"No, not the same thing!" She sighed. "He already attacked, why would I need to warn him...?"

"I thought it was like, an intimidation thing, y'know?"

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Just because you don't have a tongue doesn't mean you can't eat. This is a food establishment." July pulled a paper menu out of pocket. "Just point to something."

His eyes say thank you. then he points to just about the cheapest soup there is and hands over a wooden coin.

13 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

STOOOOOOOOP

24 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR

11 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"No-! Why are we still talking about this!"

She sighed again. "Okay, I'm Niamh. Who are you?"

@J. Magi

Edited by Through The Living Glass

23 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

His eyes say thank you. then he points to just about the cheapest soup there is and hands over a wooden coin.

"This . . . I don't think this is a valid currency here. Could I open a tab for you?"

22 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"No-! Why are we still talking about this!"

She sighed again. "Okay, I'm Niamh. Who are you?"

@J. Magi

"July." He replied, happy someone had asked.

he shrugs again.

"I need you to choose . . . You know what, I'll just open a tab for you." He left to tell the cook to make the soup, and then returned.

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"I need you to choose . . . You know what, I'll just open a tab for you." He left to tell the cook to make the soup, and then returned.

I almost feel bad for him lol.

He had finished the first person's soup by this point.

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

He had finished the first person's soup by this point.

"Ma'tani . . . do you want another stew?"

@The Bookwyrm

He set the cheap bowl of soup on the table for the ninja guy.

Edited by J. Magi

Jolane stayed away from the mute man. July seemed to be handling things on his own.

She watched the man leaving the tavern. He came in once every week, but never bought anything. He always went in to see Robert privately, never interacting with anyone else.

And every week, he left seeming more broken than before.

Robert leaned against his office's door frame with his arms crossed. He hadn't wanted it to be this way to begin with, but it had been that man's fault to begin with, after all...

~~~

The man still had a smile then. A sparkle in his eye, a straight back. He had a wife and a young son at home, and she'd just given birth to a beautiful baby girl. Robert didn't know this. He just saw a man taking bigger risks than he should. And he took advantage of that.

The man had lost the game, his face paling. The next day, Robert had found him to collect payment as the man had promised, but he was unable to. The man explained he was trying to make extra funds. His wife had just had a second child. Robert wanted to forgive the debt, but that wasn't the way he was raised. He was a business man, like his father, and his father, and his father. So he'd made an offer.

The man, of course, had refused. Or at least tried to. There was no alternative.

And every week for 18 years, the man came to the tavern. The bet was always the same.

If the man won, he got his daughter back.

If he lost, five years would be added to her servitude.

Robert wasn't happy with the arrangement, no. But it was the only way to get his money's worth. And if there was one thing his father had instilled in him since he was a boy, it was you collect what you are owed.

@J. Magi @The Bookwyrm @Through The Living Glass

Edited by Spark of Hope

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Jolane stayed away from the mute man. July seemed to be handling things on his own.

She watched the man leaving the tavern. He came in once every week, but never bought anything. He always went in to see Robert privately, never interacting with anyone else.

And every week, he left seeming more broken than before.

Robert leaned against his office's door frame with his arms crossed. He hadn't wanted it to be this way to begin with, but it had been that man's fault to begin with, after all...

~~~

The man still had a smile then. A sparkle in his eye, a straight back. He had a wife and a young son at home, and she'd just given birth to a beautiful baby girl. Robert didn't know this. He just saw a man taking bigger risks than he should. And he took advantage of that.

The man had lost the game, his face paling. The next day, Robert had found him to collect payment as the man had promised, but he was unable to. The man explained he was trying to make extra funds. His wife had just had a second child. Robert wanted to forgive the debt, but that wasn't the way he was raised. He was a business man, like his father, and his father, and his father. So he'd made an offer.

The man, of course, had refused. Or at least tried to. There was no alternative.

And every week for 18 years, the man came to the tavern. The bet was always the same.

If the man won, he got his daughter back.

If he lost, five years would be added to her servitude.

Robert wasn't happy with the arrangement, no. But it was the only way to get his money's worth. And if there was one thing his father had instilled in him since he was a boy, it was you collect what you are owed.

@J. Magi @The Bookwyrm @Through The Living Glass

Time to punch him in the throat and run away/j

July finished up some of his work, and then sought out Ma'Tani. He still had to tell her what he'd overheard.

@The Bookwyrm