FANTASY-NO MAGIC

3 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"July." He replied, happy someone had asked.

Niamh looked pointedly at Ma'tani.

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Jolane stayed away from the mute man. July seemed to be handling things on his own.

She watched the man leaving the tavern. He came in once every week, but never bought anything. He always went in to see Robert privately, never interacting with anyone else.

And every week, he left seeming more broken than before.

Robert leaned against his office's door frame with his arms crossed. He hadn't wanted it to be this way to begin with, but it had been that man's fault to begin with, after all...

~~~

The man still had a smile then. A sparkle in his eye, a straight back. He had a wife and a young son at home, and she'd just given birth to a beautiful baby girl. Robert didn't know this. He just saw a man taking bigger risks than he should. And he took advantage of that.

The man had lost the game, his face paling. The next day, Robert had found him to collect payment as the man had promised, but he was unable to. The man explained he was trying to make extra funds. His wife had just had a second child. Robert wanted to forgive the debt, but that wasn't the way he was raised. He was a business man, like his father, and his father, and his father. So he'd made an offer.

The man, of course, had refused. Or at least tried to. There was no alternative.

And every week for 18 years, the man came to the tavern. The bet was always the same.

If the man won, he got his daughter back.

If he lost, five years would be added to her servitude.

Robert wasn't happy with the arrangement, no. But it was the only way to get his money's worth. And if there was one thing his father had instilled in him since he was a boy, it was you collect what you are owed.

@J. Magi @The Bookwyrm @Through The Living Glass

AHHH

2 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

All of the above to the fourth power

Edited by Through The Living Glass

8 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani sat near Niamh, listening to her conversation, when she noticed the drunk "witch-hunter" eye Jolane.

Aw, come on... 

She felt in her robes for the dagger she hid there, in case he did anything stupid. Not that she intended to kill him. But still...

@Spark of Hope @WildRye @Through The Living Glass

“Calm my child. The which hunter won’t do anything to you or your.”

4 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

The nameless shinobi stood in the shadows. he fingered his Kunai, waiting to see if he should strike...

Roy looked at him pointedly.

I leave for 8 hours and I come back to this?

8 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“Calm my child. The which hunter won’t do anything to you or your.”

Roy looked at him pointedly.

IKR

doesn't anyone go to school???

Sutter trudged over to Jolane, clearly drunk.

"Hey, lass.... witches... heheheheheheheheh....... are you a witch??? 'Cause I like... I..." he paused, forgetting what he was saying. "I like to kill witches."

@Spark of Hope

Rye creaked open the inn's door, saw Sutter, Jolane, and the crazy Shinobi, then quietly closed it again. Sutter didn't notice. Rye sat down beside the door, looking up at the full moon in the grey sky, then buried his face in his cloak and let out a muffled screech.

1 minute ago, WildRye said:

"Hey, lass.... witches... heheheheheheheheh....... are you a witch??? 'Cause I like... I..." he paused, forgetting what he was saying. "I like to kill witches."

@Spark of Hope

Rye creaked open the inn's door, saw Sutter, Jolane, and the crazy Shinobi, then quietly closed it again. Sutter didn't notice. Rye sat down beside the door, looking up at the full moon in the grey sky, then buried his face in his cloak and let out a muffled screech.

That was me sleeping! 

Roy stood up and grabbed his shoulder pulling him away from Jolene with his strong grip. “It’s not nice to threaten to kill people.” Roy’s voice hardened from his normal fatherly and priestly voice to one of a cold blooded killer. His eyes did the same as he locked eyes with sutter.

6 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Roy stood up and grabbed his shoulder pulling him away from Jolene with his strong grip. “It’s not nice to threaten to kill people.” Roy’s voice hardened from his normal fatherly and priestly voice to one of a cold blooded killer. His eyes did the same as he locked eyes with sutter.

Sutter blinked, a hint of lucidity coming back into his eyes. Then fear. "I... I'm sorry, father. I was drunk. It won't happen again, I promise." He tried to pull away from Roy's grip. "I don't care about witches, anyway," he remarked, reaching over and patting Jolane's shoulder awkwardly and a little creepily. Then he walked back to his table and sat down, although he didn't take his eyes off the priest.

30 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

Sutter blinked, a hint of lucidity coming back into his eyes. Then fear. "I... I'm sorry, father. I was drunk. It won't happen again, I promise." He tried to pull away from Roy's grip. "I don't care about witches, anyway," he remarked, reaching over and patting Jolane's shoulder awkwardly and a little creepily. Then he walked back to his table and sat down, although he didn't take his eyes off the priest.

“It had better not.” Roy said glaring as sutter sat back a down. Roy turned around and faced Jolene and smiled all the warmth returning to him. “Are you ok?” He asked genuinely worried for her.

35 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

General chaos and Jolane lore.

3 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

Niamh heard a muffled scream from outside. "Did anyone else hear that?"

Edited by Through The Living Glass

@Spark of Hope

“N-no, I’m not.”

3 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

She let him move her. 

She pulled slightly away. 

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“It had better not.” Roy said glaring as sutter sat back a down. Roy turned around and faced Jolene and smiled all the warmth returning to him. “Are you ok?” He asked genuinely worried for her.

“Y-yes, I’m fine. I mean, he didn’t really do anything so…”

Sutter finally passes out drunk, slumping in his chair with a grin on his face. Rye slowly enters again, his cloak's hood obscuring his face. Anyone who saw him enter last night would not recognize him unless they looked under the hood. He walks past Arke, and raises a hand in acknowledgment. He'd tried to train to be a shinobi himself, a long time ago, but he just didn't have those skills. Well, there was something useful I learned from the Shenai... He nodded subtly to Ma'tani; she was probably the only other one around here who actually understood his creations, even though she'd never seen them.

"A bed... please." he tells Robert, eyeing Sutter nervously. "I really need some sleep." He looks at Jolane, and raises his hood just enough to reveal his face, but only to her.

"There's a witch in this room, and he's not the pretty young lass," Sutter mutters, still asleep.

@Spark of Hope 

1 minute ago, BlueWildRye said:

Sutter finally passes out drunk, slumping in his chair with a grin on his face. Rye slowly enters again, his cloak's hood obscuring his face. Anyone who saw him enter last night would not recognize him unless they looked under the hood. He walks past Arke, and raises a hand in acknowledgment. He'd tried to train to be a shinobi himself, a long time ago, but he just didn't have those skills. Well, there was something useful I learned from the Shenai... He nodded subtly to Ma'tani; she was probably the only other one around here who actually understood his creations, even though she'd never seen them.

"A bed... please." he tells Robert, eyeing Sutter nervously. "I really need some sleep." He looks at Jolane, and raises his hood just enough to reveal his face, but only to her.

"There's a witch in this room, and he's not the pretty young lass," Sutter mutters, still asleep.

@Spark of Hope 

Arke glances at Rye but doesnt say anything else.

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

“N-no, I’m not.”

She let him move her. 

She pulled slightly away. 

“Y-yes, I’m fine. I mean, he didn’t really do anything so…”

"are you sure? please let me know if anything happens to you."

19 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

@Spark of Hope 

"does he mean me?"

4 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"are you sure? please let me know if anything happens to you."

"does he mean me?"

"There's a... a difference between the cowering shadow and the imposing light..." Sutter snored loudly.

6 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

"There's a... a difference between the cowering shadow and the imposing light..." Sutter snored loudly.

"ok who is who? am i hte imposing light? i probably am!"