FANTASY-NO MAGIC

18 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Niamh gestured to the barefoot man. "He was supposed to be guessing. Not you," she grumbled. "How do you know my name anyway?"

"Everyone has a song. when they speak their song apperes in the background of their voice. faint but present. with musicians when you listen to them play their song echos in the music they make. your tone of voice, your history, your appearance and your posture all are part of your song just like your words..."

Sutter set down his mug drunkenly and staggered to his feet. "I... I wonder who else in here is a witch..." he muttered. "Or... Hehehe... Who has gotten involved with witches... Hah... One of you..." 

His eyes floated across the room and fell on Jolane (if she is in the common room)/and looked at the stairs leading up to Jolane's room (if she's not).

@Spark of Hope

Rye eyed the entrance to the graveyard suspiciously. A few guards with lanterns strolled about within, bearing metal caps and breastplates with a shortsword at their sides.

"Oh... It's too risky right now!" he said to himself in frustration. "Who did I give that note to. I regret doing that. I'm gonna need to find that lass. If they haven't found her first." He took one last look at where his cache was hidden, then scurried away to find the inn.

6 hours ago, WildRye said:

Sutter set down his mug drunkenly and staggered to his feet. "I... I wonder who else in here is a witch..." he muttered. "Or... Hehehe... Who has gotten involved with witches... Hah... One of you..." 

His eyes floated across the room and fell on Jolane (if she is in the common room)/and looked at the stairs leading up to Jolane's room (if she's not).

@Spark of Hope

Rye eyed the entrance to the graveyard suspiciously. A few guards with lanterns strolled about within, bearing metal caps and breastplates with a shortsword at their sides.

"Oh... It's too risky right now!" he said to himself in frustration. "Who did I give that note to. I regret doing that. I'm gonna need to find that lass. If they haven't found her first." He took one last look at where his cache was hidden, then scurried away to find the inn.

"i highly doubt that anyone here is a witch... also it is far too early in the morning to be drunk. go and sober up before you go threatening people of which craft!"

7 hours ago, WildRye said:

@Spark of Hope

So did he just look at her or did he fall on her?

13 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Yeah, this town anyway. Small enough to not attract rival kings’ attention.”

"That does sound nice," July said, finishing a column of numbers and moving to the next one. "Violence always dampers business for those of us who'd rather not escalate the fight."

8 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"That does sound nice," July said, finishing a column of numbers and moving to the next one. "Violence always dampers business for those of us who'd rather not escalate the fight."

“It certainly would be bad for business.”

1 minute ago, WildRye said:

K

She was handing out food to patrons. 

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“It certainly would be bad for business.”

He nodded again.

"Well, it's nice to find a peaceful place . . . I've been traveling for a long time y'know?" July chuckled. "It feels like everyone's preparing for one war or another these days."

Edited by J. Magi

Just now, J. Magi said:

He nodded again.

"Well, it's nice to find a peaceful place . . . I've been traveling for a long time y'know?" July chuckled. "It feels like everyone's preparing for one war or another these days."

“It’s a nice location, definitely. There’s never a threat of eviction either.”

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

“It’s a nice location, definitely. There’s never a threat of eviction either.”

"Really? That sounds nice. The Lord who owns this place must be very merciful."

5 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Really? That sounds nice. The Lord who owns this place must be very merciful."

"It's not an area of immense interest. Our little village is just a small trading post and rest place between more... contested areas."

4 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani sat near Niamh, listening to her conversation, when she noticed the drunk "witch-hunter" eye Jolane.

Aw, come on... 

She felt in her robes for the dagger she hid there, in case he did anything stupid. Not that she intended to kill him. But still...

@Spark of Hope @WildRye @Through The Living Glass

Jolane did not seem to have noticed his gaze.

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

"It's not an area of immense interest. Our little village is just a small trading post and rest place between more... contested areas."

Jolane did not seem to have noticed his gaze.

"I see . . . a lucky spot then." July was almost done now.

(miss spark, is there anything suspicious in the records?)

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"I see . . . a lucky spot then." July was almost done now.

It would not be wise for July to make a comment out loud but...

The ledger included pay for multiple workers, but there was one name that seemed to avoid mention.

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

The ledger included pay for multiple workers, but there was one name that seemed to avoid mention.

July almost missed the inaccuracy, but caught it before wrapping up.

So . . . Robert isn't paying Jolane. He wasn't surprised.

"I'm almost done with this, what should I work on next?"

July almost missed the inaccuracy, but caught it before wrapping up.

So . . . Robert isn't paying Jolane. He wasn't surprised.

"I'm almost done with this, what should I work on next?"

"You can help with serving," Robert walked off, and though July couldn't see where he went, he went into his office in the back.

"You can help with serving," Robert walked off, and though July couldn't see where he went, he went into his office in the back.

"Oh, great okay." July neatly put the ledgers away, and grabbed an apron. He tied his long hair back as he entered the common room. 

He casually approached Jolane, trying to be non-threatening. "I'm meant to help you out, what can I do?"

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Oh, great okay." July neatly put the ledgers away, and grabbed an apron. He tied his long hair back as he entered the common room. 

He casually approached Jolane, trying to be non-threatening. "I'm meant to help you out, what can I do?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said quietly, which was genuine. She went to another table and tried to shake him. She wasn't threatened by him, but didn't know how Robert would react if she saw him talking to her.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said quietly, which was genuine. She went to another table and tried to shake him. She wasn't threatened by him, but didn't know how Robert would react if she saw him talking to her.

"No I actually, like, need direction I've never been a waiter before."

July scooped up a tray from the counter and glanced around the room.

"But you know how to do this right? Your the only one I know to ask." He said, sincerely as possible.

Just now, J. Magi said:

"No I actually, like, need direction I've never been a waiter before."

July scooped up a tray from the counter and glanced around the room.

"But you know how to do this right? Your the only one I know to ask." He said, sincerely as possible.

"Oh- I misunderstood. My apologies."

She thought for a moment. "How's your memory?"

"Oh- I misunderstood. My apologies."

She thought for a moment. "How's your memory?"

"It's . . . fine." That seemed out of pocket. "Why?"

Just now, J. Magi said:

"It's . . . fine." That seemed out of pocket. "Why?"

"You need to remember people's orders, where they are in the tavern, how long they've been there to prioritize. If that's too much to handle, there's paper and pen next to the money box."

"You need to remember people's orders, where they are in the tavern, how long they've been there to prioritize. If that's too much to handle, there's paper and pen next to the money box."

"Ooooh, yeah I can do that, I used to work as a scribe and it needed lots of memorization too."

Spoiler

WHY WAS MY FIRST THOUGHT THAT ROBERT WAS HYPNOTIZING PEOPLE INTO FORGETTING THINGS

"Ooooh, yeah I can do that, I used to work as a scribe and it needed lots of memorization too."

Reveal hidden contents

WHY WAS MY FIRST THOUGHT THAT ROBERT WAS HYPNOTIZING PEOPLE INTO FORGETTING THINGS

... No magic, J.

"Good. Just take orders, tell the kitchen or barkeep, bring it back once it's ready."