FANTASY-NO MAGIC

5 hours ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"Ah, my teacher ranted a lot about him. Always said I wasn't good enough like that guy, Treaty." Wit looked back to the direction of the voices. "Lets investigate these."

"Huh, my teacher kept talking and reminiscing about this old guy called Stop or Arrtrez?" he shrugs, it has been a while though. He looks towards the voices, his ears picking up sounds, when the hairs on the back of his neck prickle. He whispers to Wit, "there is someone behind us"

18 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"Why? We have no information that says otherwise."

“Why? Because I want to thank her for her service and now is peak time for dinks to be served. She should be here…”

On 9/4/2024 at 9:16 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Huh, my teacher kept talking and reminiscing about this old guy called Stop or Arrtrez?" he shrugs, it has been a while though. He looks towards the voices, his ears picking up sounds, when the hairs on the back of his neck prickle. He whispers to Wit, "there is someone behind us"

“Ah, yes, this was my teacher. Though he was old when he taught me.”

Wit stood still. “Do they see us?”

On 9/7/2024 at 12:47 AM, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

“Ah, yes, this was my teacher. Though he was old when he taught me.”

Wit stood still. “Do they see us?”

The thug behind them watches, watching the people that were acting suspicious near there camp. Cant have them finding our stash. He tries to keep an eye on them but those cloaks made it hard. He growls. He grabs his rusty sword from his sheath, a small thing that was cracked along its edges as well. He grunts from exertion. before shouting. "Drop your weapons, you are outmanned" his friends appearing from the trees nearby. 

Arranis nods. "I think so" he whispers while responding out loud "Funny that are teachers knew each other" he laughs slightly. He hears the person behind them yell out, and carefully watches as the group emerge. He grins turning to Wit. "How good are you with a bow?"

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

2 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

The thug behind them watches, watching the people that were acting suspicious near there camp. Cant have them finding our stash. He tries to keep an eye on them but those cloaks made it hard. He growls. He grabs his rusty sword from his sheath, a small thing that was cracked along its edges as well. He grunts from exertion. before shouting. "Drop your weapons, you are outmanned" his friends appearing from the trees nearby. 

Arranis nods. "I think so" he whispers while responding out loud "Funny that are teachers knew each other" he laughs slightly. He hears the person behind them yell out, and carefully watches as the group emerge. He grins turning to Wit. "How good are you with a bow?"

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

"It is back in the tavern. I've grown lazy recently." He said sighing and drew his sword. 

34 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"It is back in the tavern. I've grown lazy recently." He said sighing and drew his sword. 

Arranis throws a lazy grin at him. "What would your teacher have said?" an arrow already laid on his bow, slightly pulled back. He yells back at the other person. "You underestimate us" he smirks, 'I will give you.. to 3 to throw down your weapons." 

The thug, Kraven, looks stunned. Underestimate. He laughs, whirling his sword around his head. A symbol to attack. "Die, scum" he says gleefully, running in towards the two. Sword ready to stab. 

Whiiiizzz....Thunk

He stumbles something smashing into him. What the hell was that? he wonders as his vision dimmed and he fell to the forest floor. 

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

On 9/3/2024 at 12:49 PM, J. Magi said:

"To Jolane? Maybe, but definitely not Robert."

"Hm."

Ma'tani thought for a moment. The more I learn about this the less I like it.

"Do you want to do some more recon? Ask around, see if you can find anything from the townsfolk? They might like you better, considering I'm a foreigner."

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Hm."

Ma'tani thought for a moment. The more I learn about this the less I like it.

"Do you want to do some more recon? Ask around, see if you can find anything from the townsfolk? They might like you better, considering I'm a foreigner."

"Of course. There's bound to be rumors about this sort of thing and I'm serving tables anyway."

July glanced around the room at the motely crowd of strangers.

Ma'tani was right--they would trust him more, even though he was foreign to this place too. He spoke their languages and looked like them, but that didn't make him one of them. Growing up in solitude did that to someone, he supposed.

"What do you plan on doing?"

8 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Of course. There's bound to be rumors about this sort of thing and I'm serving tables anyway."

July glanced around the room at the motely crowd of strangers.

Ma'tani was right--they would trust him more, even though he was foreign to this place too. He spoke their languages and looked like them, but that didn't make him one of them. Growing up in solitude did that to someone, he supposed.

"What do you plan on doing?"

"I'm not sure," Ma'tani said. "Jolane clearly isn't going to tell us anything, and my status as a foreigner makes it harder for me to gather information."

9 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"I'm not sure," Ma'tani said. "Jolane clearly isn't going to tell us anything, and my status as a foreigner makes it harder for me to gather information."

July nodded in understanding. "Yeah . . . it's not like there's a group of your people around here for you to chat with."

He tapped his chin. "Gosh . . . I don't know."

The inn's front doors opened, and a thin, richly dressed, man entered. He glanced around quickly, clearly looking for someone, and smoothly began crossing through the common room. Despite his expensive presentation, he had the stride of soldier.

July turned his head at the right moment, and they made eye contact.

What was August doing here so soon? July was sure he hadn't meant to meet him for another another few weeks. His heart sank as he realized that something in their plan must've gone wrong. Of course it had. 

August finished crossing the room, coming to where he stood by Ma'tani's table. He gave her a curious glance, but his attention was clearly on July.

Other then the fact that July was almost a head taller then him, they looked eerily similar. The same pale skin, the same shade of black hair, they even held themselves in the same, nervous way. 

They could have been brothers. They were not.

Augusts features were more refined, handsomer. While it was easy to tell that July was in his mid-twenties, it was almost impossible to place Augusts age just from looking at him. His rounder face and his larger eyes surely made him look younger then he really was. He could've been anywhere from late-twenties to early forties.

July had long determined, with his friend as a prime example, that pretty people just didn't age right.

"Why . . . Why are you wearing an apron?" Not the first thing he'd expected August to say, but then again, when was the last July had hung around in a work uniform with a tray of drinks?

"I got a job."

". . . Why?" August asked, confusion written all over his face. "I suppose it isn't a terrible idea . . . but it might draw attention." He tugged on his gloved fingers--a old nervous habit.

"Well, I got it so I could help someone--there's this girl and--"

"Your involved in someone else's business again?" He ran a hand through his hair, and sighed softly. "I understand you want to help people, but we have to worry about ourselves, Leal."

It was old nickname, from when their real names had carried burdens too heavy to bear. But even now, when July could be called whatever he liked, he never used it for himself. There was something too private about it. 

"I know that Yua." Augusts name.

"But . . ." He didn't really want to explain this. Not in front of his new friend, in the middle of a loud tavern where anyone could overhear.

"But what?"

"She reminds me of us." July mumbled quietly. 

Augusts stern expression softened, and he hesitantly sat down at Ma'tanis table. "What is this about?"

July quickly explained everything, it wasn't hard as they didn't have much information themselves. 

August nodded when he had finished.  "Alright . . ." He seemed to be considering what to do about the whole thing.

"Why've you come here early?" July asked, sitting at the table himself. He had to make sure it wasn't horrible news. It'd be bad for sure, but maybe not horrible.

August was broken away from his thoughts. "Ah! Yes, our time-frame has moved up. September discovered it was gone much faster then we expected . . . you have it, don't you?"

"Yes, the thief I hired to get it back gave it to me a few days ago." That's why he'd been there in the first place.

"Good, we still have a few weeks before she comes this way, but not the months we thought we had." July nodded. Septembers endless wisdom and thoughtfulness also made her endlessly slow.

"So, we can still help Jolane before we have to run again?"

August shifted in his chair. Clearly, he'd rather move on now, but he'd stay. For July.

". . . Sure."

Spoiler

Satisfy the current inspiration to write stuff by actually working on separate projects: ❌

Write obscenely long rp posts and waste time in class instead: ✔️

Edited by J. Magi

24 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

July nodded in understanding. "Yeah . . . it's not like there's a group of your people around here for you to chat with."

The inn's front doors opened, and a thin, richly dressed, man entered. He glanced around quickly, clearing looking for someone, and smoothly began crossing through the common room. Despite his expensive presentation, he had the stride of soldier.

What was August doing here so soon? July was sure he had meant to meet him for another another few weeks. His heart sank as he realized that something in their plan must've gone wrong. Of course it had. 

August finished crossing the room, coming to where he stood by Ma'tani's table. He gave her a curious glance, but his attention was clearly on July.

Other then the fact that July was almost a head taller then him, they looked eerily similar. The same pale skin, the same shade of black hair, they even held themselves in the same, nervous way. 

Augusts features were more refined, handsomer. While it was easy to tell that July was in his mid-twenties, it was almost impossible to place Augusts age just from looking at him. His rounder face and his larger eyes surely made him look younger then he really was. He could've been anywhere from late-twenties to early forties.

July had long determined, with his friend as a prime example, that pretty people just didn't age right.

"Why . . . Why are you wearing apron?" Not the first thing he'd expected August to say, but then again, when was the last July had hung around in a work uniform with a tray of drinks?

"I got a job."

". . . Why?" August asked, confusion written all over his face. "I suppose it isn't a terrible idea . . . but it might draw attention." He tugged on his gloved fingers--a old nervous habit.

"Your involved in someone else's business again?" He ran a hand through his hair, and sighed softly. "I understand you want to help people, but we have to worry about ourselves, Leal."

It was old nickname, from when their real names had carried burdens too heavy to bear. But even now, when July could be called whatever he liked, he never used it for himself. There was something too private about it. 

"But . . ." He didn't really want to explain this. Not in front of his new friend, in the middle of a loud tavern where anyone could overhear.

"But what?"

Augusts stern expression softened, and he hesitantly sat down at Ma'tanis table. "What is this about?"

July quickly explained everything, it wasn't hard as they didn't have much information themselves. 

August nodded when he had finished.  "Alright . . ." He seemed to be considering what to do about the whole thing.

"Why've you come here early?" July asked, sitting at the table himself. He had to make sure it wasn't horrible news. It'd be bad for sure, but maybe not horrible.

August was broken away from his thoughts. "Ah! Yes, our time-frame has moved up. September discovered it was gone much faster then we expected . . . you have it don't you?"

"Yes, the thief I hired to get it back gave it to me a few days ago." That's why he'd been there in the first place.

"Good, we still have a few weeks before she comes this way, but not the months we thought we had." July nodded. Septembers endless wisdom and thoughtfulness as made her endlessly slow.

August shifted in his chair. Clearly, he'd rather move on now, but he'd stay. For July.

". . . Sure."

Hide contents

Satisfy the current inspiration to write stuff by actually working on separate projects: ❌

Arke walks over, wondering whats going on.

20 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis throws a lazy grin at him. "What would your teacher have said?" an arrow already laid on his bow, slightly pulled back. He yells back at the other person. "You underestimate us" he smirks, 'I will give you.. to 3 to throw down your weapons." 

The thug, Kraven, looks stunned. Underestimate. He laughs, whirling his sword around his head. A symbol to attack. "Die, scum" he says gleefully, running in towards the two. Sword ready to stab. 

Whiiiizzz....Thunk

He stumbles something smashing into him. What the hell was that? he wonders as his vision dimmed and he fell to the forest floor. 

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

Wit shrugged. "I don't know that you'll need much of my help." He sheathed his sword. "Besides, you know what they say...lets go find out what his  business is. Who knows? We may be able to help him."

Arranis grins watching the other thugs slink back into the trees, looks of anger, shock and disbelief colouring their faces. "A master practices until they get it right..." he says waiting for the response. Before walking towards the body, "You think he was the boss" he says as he rifles through the pockets finding nothing of use, except for a small piece of plant. 

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

7 hours ago, J. Magi said:

The inn's front doors opened, and a thin, richly dressed, man entered. He glanced around quickly, clearing looking for someone, and smoothly began crossing through the common room. Despite his expensive presentation, he had the stride of soldier.

What was August doing here so soon? July was sure he had meant to meet him for another another few weeks. His heart sank as he realized that something in their plan must've gone wrong. Of course it had. 

"Why . . . Why are you wearing an apron?" Not the first thing he'd expected August to say, but then again, when was the last July had hung around in a work uniform with a tray of drinks?

"I got a job."

"But what?"

August was broken away from his thoughts. "Ah! Yes, our time-frame has moved up. September discovered it was gone much faster than we expected . . . you have it, don't you?"

"Good, we still have a few weeks before she comes this way, but not the months we thought we had." July nodded. Septembers endless wisdom and thoughtfulness as made her endlessly slow.

". . . Sure."

Reveal hidden contents

Ma'tani looked at the newcomer. "Want to introduce yourself before you sit at my table?"

12 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani looked at the newcomer. "Want to introduce yourself before you sit at my table?"

August turned, noticing her for the first time since he'd come over.

"I believe it's the innkeeper who owns the tables, but nevertheless,"

He stood, like a gentlemen, and offered Ma'tani a gloved had to shake.

"My name is Yua Witnia, pleasure to meet you."

August had never had trouble switching names in public. He wore them like clothes and tossed the ones he was bored with away without thought. July wondered if he'd ever feel the same way. It was a strange freedom of the mind he couldn't quite reach.

Edited by J. Magi

Just now, J. Magi said:

August turned, noticing her for the first time since he'd come over.

"I believe it's the innkeeper who owns the tables, but nevertheless,"

He stood, like a gentlemen, and offered Ma'tani a gloved had to shake.

"My name is Yua Witnia, pleasure to meet you."

August had never had trouble switching names in public. He wore them like clothes and tossed the ones he was bored with away without thought. July wondered if he'd ever feel the same way. It was a strange freedom of the mind he couldn't quite reach.

Hm.

"A tik'tika, I see. Good to know." She leaned forward slightly. "Care to tell me what your connection is to our mutual friend here?"

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Hm.

"A tik'tika, I see. Good to know." She leaned forward slightly. "Care to tell me what your connection is to our mutual friend here?"

"We're brothers," he replied lightly.

"Actually . . . we're not." July interjected.

August gave him an endearing little frown. "You don't want to be brothers this time?"

"Well . . . Ma'Tani' and I are working together, I feel like it'd be a breach of trust to lie to her.

"It's not exactly a lie," He replied with a cheeky grin.

"It's not exactly the truth either." July said, sternly this time.

"Fiiine . . . let's see, closer to the truth . . ." August tapped his chin thoughtfully. "We're childhood friends, grew up together and such. And I suppose you met July in trying to help this girl?"

Does anyone remember what page the link for the worldbuilding doc is on?