FANTASY-NO MAGIC

17 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

July stood up. Robert was right, it really was getting late. And he had to work tommorrow.

"Well, if everything's settled, I'm going to go turn in . . . it's been a long day." July said. 

August nodded, "Sleep well." He'd have to rent a room for himself, but he didn't feel like sleeping yet. He still had too much pent up energy from rushing here.

What to do with himself now? July always had a knack for finding problems they didn't have time to solve. Maybe he could deal with this quickly so they could move on. He traced his gloved finger along a groove in the wooden table. If things went too slowly he could always just take July and run.

@The Bookwyrm

Ma'tani nodded politely as July went off. 

She sat in silence for a moment, watching August's hand trace the line on the table.

"I'm guessing I'm not going to get to know about your connection to him," she said.

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani nodded politely as July went off. 

She sat in silence for a moment, watching August's hand trace the line on the table.

"I'm guessing I'm not going to get to know about your connection to him," she said.

lol did you miss a post?

"I already told you?" August shook his head, frustrated.

"We're childhood friends--and honestly, why is it so important? You met him 2 days ago."

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"I already told you?" August shook his head, frustrated.

"We're childhood friends--and honestly, why is it so important? You met him 2 days ago."

"Call me a busybody. I mean, why else would I be so invested in helping a girl I also only met two days ago?" She smirked. "Just put up with me."

4 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Call me a busybody. I mean, why else would I be so invested in helping a girl I also only met two days ago?" She smirked. "Just put up with me."

August looked unconvinced. "Alright, I suppose that's fair."

"If you get to be nosy then I do too--your not from around here, huh?" It was easy enough to tell. "What brings you to these lands?"

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"If you get to be nosy then I do too--your not from around here, huh?" It was easy enough to tell. "What brings you to these lands?"

Did July go upstairs?

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

Jolane heard footsteps coming up the stairs, felt them vibrate in the floor. Someone coming up for the night.

July passed her door in the hallway. He thought about knocking and asking if she was okay, but decided against it. She was probably tired. He was tired too, and it's not like she wanted to talk to him in the first place.

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

July passed her door in the hallway. He thought about knocking and asking if she was okay, but decided against it. She was probably tired. He was tired too, and it's not like she wanted to talk to him in the first place.

Hearing them more evenly, she recognized them as July's footsteps, but she didn't get off her mat.

52 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Hearing them more evenly, she recognized them as July's footsteps, but she didn't get off her mat.

July went into his room. He pulled off his apron and flopped into bed. He hated to admit how tired he was. You'd think a job like this would be fairly easy, but it was all new to him. Plus there was Jolane to worry about, and September.

He went to sleep quickly, knowing he'd have to wake up early the next day.

23 hours ago, J. Magi said:

She glanced down at the flute, which she was still polishing.

"Let's just say I'm looking for someone I haven't seen in a while."

On 9/12/2024 at 4:31 PM, Scars of Hathsin said:

"How did that happen" Arranis says, a bit of shock evident in his voice. Is this guy an actual Ranger? A dead horse and no bow on him. Arranis shakes his head, and lets out a piercing whistle. Calling his own horse. "Want to go to the tavern, and get our stuff?"

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

"Sure but I think this all may be gone by the time we come back."

On 9/14/2024 at 9:21 AM, The Bookwyrm said:

She glanced down at the flute, which she was still polishing.

"Let's just say I'm looking for someone I haven't seen in a while."

"Couldn't be vaguer," August said with a chuckle. "But I suppose that's something. I haven't met many travelers from far away places."

He paused. "Haven't really traveled much myself, either."

@The Bookwyrm

Edited by J. Magi

On 9/14/2024 at 4:15 PM, J. Magi said:

"Couldn't vaguer," August said with a chuckle. "But I suppose that's something. I haven't met many travelers from far away places."

He paused. "Haven't really traveled much myself, either."

arke is currently passed out, upside down like a bat.

On 9/15/2024 at 3:43 AM, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

"Sure but I think this all may be gone by the time we come back."

"Yes, but we cannot follow them on foot, as I thought I heard hoofs" he says, his horse trotting into the clearing, he holds an apple in his hand, retrieved from his pocket, and it crunches on it, looking curiously at Wit, bumping Arranis, like he was trying to say something. Arranis smiles, patting its head, and hoisting himself on it's back. "You coming up?" he says to Wit,  a bit of a mischievous smile breaking through on his face.

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

2 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"Yes, but we cannot follow them on foot, as I thought I heard hoofs" he says, his horse trotting into the clearing, he holds an apple in his hand, retrieved from his pocket, and it crunches on it, looking curiously at Wit, bumping Arranis, like he was trying to say something. Arranis smiles, patting its head, and hoisting himself on it's back. "You coming up?" he says to Wit,  a bit of a mischievous smile breaking through on his face.

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ

Wit raised an eyebrow. "Your not supposed to smile when offering that. I'll walk."

7 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Arranis shrugs, "If you choose that, you do that" he says nudging his horse to trot alongside Wit

Wit was comfortable walking. He hadn't rode since...since his horse died. They reached the tavern soon enough. "I am going to fetch my bow. It is stashed in the kitchens somewhere."