FANTASY-NO MAGIC

9 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Niamh didn't exactly want anyone to get hurt...

But she pulled her knives out anyway. They actually were for intimidation purposes this time.

when are they not for intimidation or violence?

It was hot. Every time Wit entered a building, he memorized it dimensions. Its space. Of course he had done that here, but as smoke crowded his lungs and he was forced to drop to the floor coughing, the fire made it impossible to know where he was. It had been a blur when, from upstairs, he had heard the shouts and screams from other occupants. He could have known it was a fire. But he found out. Wit was still on the second floor of the tavern. Besides him a porti9n of particularly burnt roof fell down, crashing through the floor. The flames were now spreading to where Wit was. it was only a matter of time. There were no windows near him. The exit...was no longer an exit. He rapidly considered anything. No ideas came to his head. It was getting hot. Very hot.

2 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

It was hot. Every time Wit entered a building, he memorized it dimensions. Its space. Of course he had done that here, but as smoke crowded his lungs and he was forced to drop to the floor coughing, the fire made it impossible to know where he was. It had been a blur when, from upstairs, he had heard the shouts and screams from other occupants. He could have known it was a fire. But he found out. Wit was still on the second floor of the tavern. Besides him a porti9n of particularly burnt roof fell down, crashing through the floor. The flames were now spreading to where Wit was. it was only a matter of time. There were no windows near him. The exit...was no longer an exit. He rapidly considered anything. No ideas came to his head. It was getting hot. Very hot.

Just run through the fire? Find a window? Idk man but you should be able to find a way out 

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Nelan finally stands back up, and throws his club into the flames, drawing a wicked broadsword from his belt instead. "Maybe YOU are the witch!"

Rye walks up to Arke, face still obscured by his hood. "Hey, did you get those weapons? 'Cause now would be a good time to use them."

@TheRavenHasLanded

27 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

Nelan finally stands back up, and throws his club into the flames, drawing a wicked broadsword from his belt instead. "Maybe YOU are the witch!"

Rye walks up to Arke, face still obscured by his hood. "Hey, did you get those weapons? 'Cause now would be a good time to use them."

@TheRavenHasLanded

"...You're a real idiot, aren't you?"

Without warning, Ma'tani ducked towards Nelan and under his sword. In a swift motion, she drew her own blade, slashing towards his sword arm.

The Shenai weapon gleamed a brilliant silver, tinged orange by the flames. The double-edged blade was much thinner than Nelan's broadsword, but still sturdy. Shenai characters were carved into the flat of the blade on one side. 

The sword had almost no crossguard, but Ma'tani wielded it with a familiarity that showed she wasn't scared of injury. She knew how to use it. She moved with a fluid grace.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

1 hour ago, BlueWildRye said:

@TheRavenHasLanded

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Without warning, Ma'tani ducked towards Nelan and under his sword. In a swift motion, she drew her own blade, slashing towards his sword arm.

The Shenai weapon gleamed a brilliant silver, tinged orange by the flames. The double-edged blade was much thinner than Nelan's broadsword, but still sturdy. Shenai characters were carved into the flat of the blade on one side. 

The sword had almost no crossguard, but Ma'tani wielded it with a familiarity that showed she wasn't scared of injury. She knew how to use it. She moved with a fluid grace.

roy jumped back in shock as he watched ma'tani swing towards nelan... he walked around the fight preventing any NPC's from getting close and interfearing. he was ready in get involved himself when he saw an opening.

Robert walked over near Jolane.

”What are we going to do?” she asked, scared. 

“What were you able to get?”

”Some things for food, a couple bottles of ale?”

He sighed. “That’ll have to do. Go to the stables, get the horses ready.”

She hesitated, then slowly turned and left. 

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Uh oh.

Also,  I thought Rye had responded to my last post because I had a dream that he did.

...So that was weird.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

44 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Lol.

9 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Nelan hesitated, then lunged wildly at her. "DIE, DEMON!"

15 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani pulled off her cloak and pack and tossed them to July. She rested a hand on the hilt of her sword. 

"At some point you're going to have to realize that, however important you think ending the life of some random person you claim has evil powers is, it's not worth the lives and livelihoods of others." She gestured at the crowd surrounding the burning tavern. "These people hate you now. If you're supposedly the protectors of good, the destroyers of evil, why are you destroying part of what the people of this town care about?"

She tightened her grip on the sword's hilt. "You say you're willing to fight us? Well, I'm willing to fight all of you, knock you all senseless, if it means hammering into your heads that it's not worth it."

July caught the stuff, watching intently. 

"Do you . . . want any help?" August asked, turning away from Arke.

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Oh! Hey Robert!" July walked up to them, Ma'tani's stuff still over his shoulder. "What's your plan now? How can I help?" He asked enthusiastically. 

17 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani dodged the lunge, moving behind Nelan. She spun, slashing through his ankle in a fluid motion.

Nelan screamed and fell to the floor, clutching his bleeding leg. His other hand, holding the sword, swung at her feet with rage.

Rye quickly drew a strange little contraption from his coat. It resembled a small L-shaped piece of carved wood, with a hole at the front and a lever or trigger beneath. I hope this works... He aimed the gun at Nelan. A moment later, a loud CRACK sounded, and the leader of the witch hunters slumped to the ground, blood dripping from a wound in his head.

Rye pocketed the gun, hoping no one had noticed where the shot had come from.

Edited by BlueWildRye

10 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

@TheRavenHasLanded

Arke just grins. He hands over a piece of paper. "Wont need those, im a shinobi."

5 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

July caught the stuff, watching intently. 

"Do you . . . want any help?" August asked, turning away from Arke.

"Oh! Hey Robert!" July walked up to them, Ma'tani's stuff still over his shoulder. "What's your plan now? How can I help?" He asked enthusiastically. 

He sighed, looking back at the burning building for a moment. "Leaving town. I wasn't able to get any of the money out of the building, so you're off the hook."

5 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

Nelan screamed and fell to the floor, clutching his bleeding leg. His other hand, holding the sword, swung at her feet with rage.

Rye quickly drew a strange little contraption from his coat. It resembled a small L-shaped piece of carved wood, with a hole at the front and a lever or trigger beneath. I hope this works... He aimed the gun at Nelan. A moment later, a loud CRACK sounded, and the leader of the witch hunters slumped to the ground, blood dripping from a wound in his head.

Rye pocketed the gun, hoping no one had noticed where the shot had come from.

Arke had noticed. 

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

He sighed, looking back at the burning building for a moment. "Leaving town. I wasn't able to get any of the money out of the building, so you're off the hook."

He chuckled, and his expression darkened. "So . . . your just going to leave this mess? How irresponsible. You haven't payed me everything you owe me, and I think I deserve compensation for the terrible working conditions today," He waved a hand at the burning building.

"Not to mention, that's not even getting started on all of the lost property your customers probably had in there. I managed to get my stuff out, but that isn't true for everyone. Who's going to compensate them, huh?"