FANTASY-NO MAGIC

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"I don't know," she admitted. "But... but this time if I left it would be my choice to."

"That's true."

She sat back once the bandage was applied, then looked down at her own bloody leg. Should probably get that patched up.

"...Talk to your family about it. Don't make a choice until you know for sure."

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

"That's true."

She sat back once the bandage was applied, then looked down at her own bloody leg. Should probably get that patched up.

"... Okay."

She looked at July.

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani sat beside her and helped make sure the wound was treated. 

"You just found your family, though," she said softly. "July isn't going to be here much longer. Would you really leave them? Go into danger? Travel an unforgiving world?"

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"I don't know," she admitted. "But... but this time if I left it would be my choice to."

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"That's true."

"If I may--at risk of souring the mood further . . . September's assistant ran off when I killed her, he was gone before I can stop him. There's a chance he will make it back to the others and report this location. If they return to this village looking for us they will be less then gentle." July was applying salve to a cut on his shoulder as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, this is quite the trainwreck, isn't it?"

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Arke throws a message to August. "Who do you want me to murder?"

"No one, at the moment." He sighed, "Haven't we seen enough violence for one night?"

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

"... Okay."

She looked at July.

He avoided her eyes.

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"If I may--at risk of souring the mood further . . . September's assistant ran off when I killed her, he was gone before I can stop him. There's a chance he will make it back to the others and report this location. If they return to this village looking for us they will be less then gentle." July was applying salve to a cut on his shoulder as he spoke.

"No one, at the moment." He sighed, "Haven't we seen enough violence for one night?"

He avoided her eyes.

Arke's eyes sparkle a little bit, he takes back the note and writes "I never said that you had to see it"

Just now, J. Magi said:

He avoided her eyes.

"If... If they come back here looking for you, they might think the people here are hiding you," she said. She paused for a moment. "Maybe we could try to get everyone to evacuate?"

"We can't control our pasts," Ma'tani said. "Though it would have been very nice to know this was an issue. Please be more transparent in the future."

"If... If they come back here looking for you, they might think the people here are hiding you," she said. She paused for a moment. "Maybe we could try to get everyone to evacuate?"

Ma'tani took some of the ointment and applied it to the wound on her lower leg before wrapping it in a bandage. "Our best chance is to just leave, and make sure it's clear that we did. I don't want to disrupt these peoples' lives any more than we already have.

"The city Truehearth is a couple days north of here. If we head there, and aren't too discrete about it, maybe they'll chase us and leave this place alone."

"We can't control our pasts," Ma'tani said. "Though it would have been very nice to know this was an issue. Please be more transparent in the future."

Ma'tani took some of the ointment and applied it to the wound on her lower leg before wrapping it in a bandage. "Our best chance is to just leave, and make sure it's clear that we did. I don't want to disrupt these peoples' lives any more than we already have.

"The city Truehearth is a couple days north of here. If we head there, and aren't too discrete about it, maybe they'll chase us and leave this place alone."

Niamh walked over and listened.

Niamh is just here right now I love it 😂

She looked down again.

Just now, Through The Living Glass said:

*rep*

11 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Arke's eyes sparkle a little bit, he takes back the note and writes "I never said that you had to see it"

"That not's what I . . . It was a manner of speaking, Arke, please don't kill anyone."

10 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

9 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

August nodded, "It was my mistake not to trust you with this, and I'm sorry for it."

July finally spoke up. "I like the idea of going to Truehearth, it'll be easier to lead them away then evacuate everyone." He was almost done with Augusts bandages now. Only a few of the cuts had been particularly deep.

7 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

my girl is just vibing

Edited by J. Magi

Just now, J. Magi said:

"That not's what I . . . It was a manner of speaking, Arke, please don't kill anyone."

August nodded, "It was my mistake not to trust you with this, and I'm sorry for it."

July finally spoke up. "I like the idea of going to Truehearth, it'll be easier to lead them away then evacuate everyone." He was almost done with Augusts bandages now. Only a few of the cuts had been particularly deep.

"can i at least go grab the assistant and drag him back here? he cant have gone far.

Just now, J. Magi said:

Jolane looked behind her as she heard Naise approaching.

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"can i at least go grab the assistant and drag him back here? he cant have gone far.

August shook his head. "He will definitely have rejoined the rest of her hunt by now--that wasn't her entire party, she came into the village with a small group to be more discrete, and because she thought it was only me. She always rode with a much larger company of warriors, and I suspect they're only a few miles away. Not to mention it's the middle of the night, tracking him would be a nightmare. If we are all going to leave together, then we should rest and prepare."

August shook his head. "He will definitely have rejoined the rest of her hunt by now--that wasn't her entire party, she came into the village with a small group to be more discrete, and because she thought it was only me. She always rode with a much larger company of warriors, and I suspect they're only a few miles away. Not to mention it's the middle of the night, tracking him would be a nightmare. If we are all going to leave together, then we should rest and prepare."

“You’re.. leaving?” Naise asked.

“You’re.. leaving?” Naise asked.

"Yes . . . unfortunately, some old foes of ours have caught up to us early. We can't stay here, it would put your village in peril. We're hoping to lead them away from you." August explained.

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Yes . . . unfortunately, some old foes of ours have caught up to us early. We can't stay here, it would put your village in peril. We're hoping to lead them away from you." August explained.

Naise knelt in front of Jolane. “You can’t be thinking of…” she whispered. 

“Th-that servant… he might recognize me.”

”Jolane…”

”We can go together.”

”No, we can’t. My husband and I… we’re going home in the morning… and you can’t put our parents through a ragged journey.”

10 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Naise knelt in front of Jolane. “You can’t be thinking of…” she whispered. 

“Th-that servant… he might recognize me.”

”Jolane…”

”We can go together.”

”No, we can’t. My husband and I… we’re going home in the morning… and you can’t put our parents through a ragged journey.”

July stared at the ground, wondering if he should say something. He wanted to encourage her to stay. She'd just found her family, and he'd ruined that. But he couldn't bear the thought of her being in danger.

"You and your husband live in a different village?" August asked. "Maybe you could take Jolane with you for a while. Then she wouldn't be here when they come through."

Edited by J. Magi

5 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

July stared at the ground, wondering if he should say something. He wanted to encourage her to stay. She'd just found her family, and he'd ruined that. But he couldn't bear the thought of her being in danger.

"You and your husband live in a different village?" August asked. "Maybe you could take Jolane with you for a while. Then she wouldn't be here when the come through."

Ma'tani nodded. "That would work."

Just now, J. Magi said:

"You and your husband live in a different village?" August asked. "Maybe you could take Jolane with you for a while. Then she wouldn't be here when the come through."

Ma'tani nodded. "That would work."

She turned to them for a fraction of a second, then back to Naise. Her sister took her hands. "It's for the best."

"B-but..."

She turned to them for a fraction of a second, then back to Naise. Her sister took her hands. "It's for the best."

"B-but..."

"It's the only way where they won't be able hurt you," July insisted.

Just now, J. Magi said:

"It's the only way where they won't be able hurt you," July insisted.

She looked at him quickly, then back to Naise.

"We know where they're going," Naise said. "We can find them later."

"N-naise..."

24 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

He gives a sorta pouty face, but doesnt push the issue.

46 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Honestly tho 😂

Niamh spoke up. "Truehearth is a pretty big place with a lot of people; it'd be easy to avoid someone there."

21 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani met Jolane's eyes.

"It's your choice, Jolane. But that means you have to choose."

She put a comforting hand on Jolane's shoulder. "Hey, don't worry. There's no wrong answer here."

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Ma'tani met Jolane's eyes.

"It's your choice, Jolane. But that means you have to choose."

57 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Y-yeah," July said. 

51 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Niamh spoke up. "Truehearth is a pretty big place with a lot of people; it'd be easy to avoid someone there."

She put a comforting hand on Jolane's shoulder. "Hey, don't worry. There's no wrong answer here."

Jolane looked at her feet. Naise put her forehead against hers. 

After a few moments, Jolane looked up at her traveling partners. "Will... will you all stay there until I can find you?"

@The Bookwyrm @J. Magi @Through The Living Glass @TheRavenHasLanded

Edited by Spark of Hope