Hunger games #7...

Edema Rue

Note: PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU PLAN ON PARTICIPATING.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the next hunger games be?

• Canticle (The Sunlight Man)
    • Nalthis (Warbreaker)
    • First of the Sun (Sixth of the Dusk)
    • Taldain (White Sand)
    • None of the above (put an alternate idea in the comments, otherwise don't choose this)

I figured it out you guys!!

Ahem.

As you can see, this is a place to vote on where you'd like the next hunger games to be, because honestly, you guys are the ones who are make these games what they are. We would like to ask that you only vote if you plan on participating, because it isn't fair for a bunch of people who don't even want to do it to keep those who will be most affected by it from having the games they'd like. 

Anyway, because we've had a lot of backstory recently, a lot of people have been interested in something more fast paced. Both First of the Sun and Canticle would be much more fighting based, just by their nature. Nalthis has had a lot of interest, and Taldain could also be really fun. These two would probably be more story focused, but they don't have to be. First of the Sun and Canticle also wouldn't be completely fighting, so it isn't like a completely black and white choice, but that is where the focuses would probably be.

Anyway again, voting should be anonymous (but we've already established that I can't use the shard) (hush, all of you who keep calling me a grandma) but if it isn't let me know asap so that no one gets angry at anyone else, because that would make me very sad. Feel free to discuss and talk things out here or in the chat thread, and may there be much blood and glorious death ahead!

Edited by Edema Rue

Are we assuming that First of the Sun is a little less deadly then canon? Sixth of the dusk was trained for years on knowing not how to immediately die when setting foot on the island, and if it were the same for the Games, all of out tributes would die from plants or predators in the first few hours.

13 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Are we assuming that First of the Sun is a little less deadly then canon? Sixth of the dusk was trained for years on knowing not how to immediately die when setting foot on the island, and if it were the same for the Games, all of out tributes would die from plants or predators in the first few hours.

It’ll definitely be less deadly. Not safe, but it won’t kill you the second you get there.

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

It’ll definitely be less deadly. Not safe, but it won’t kill you the second you get there.

Alrighty, thanks!

Edit: hahahahah first vote

Edited by J. Magi

52 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

I figured it out you guys!!

Ahem.

As you can see, this is a place to vote on where you'd like the next hunger games to be, because honestly, you guys are the ones who are make these games what they are. We would like to ask that you only vote if you plan on participating, because it isn't fair for a bunch of people who don't even want to do it to keep those who will be most affected by it from having the games they'd like. 

Anyway, because we've had a lot of backstory recently, a lot of people have been interested in something more fast paced. Both First of the Sun and Canticle would be much more fighting based, just by their nature. Nalthis has had a lot of interest, and Taldain could also be really fun. These two would probably be more story focused, but they don't have to be. First of the Sun and Canticle also wouldn't be completely fighting, so it isn't like a completely black and white choice, but that is where the focuses would probably be.

Anyway again, voting should be anonymous (but we've already established that I can't use the shard) (hush, all of you who keep calling me a grandma) but if it isn't let me know asap so that no one gets angry at anyone else, because that would make me very sad. Feel free to discuss and talk things out here or in the chat thread, and may there be much blood and glorious death ahead!

I’d love to do this, and hopefully I’ll do it this time…

Yay! This will be fun… 

Some other options include Earth (Reckoners) and Earth (Rithmatist), as well as whatever the planet from Yumi and the Nightmare Painter is. Oh, and Lumar and Sel. 

8 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Haven’t read any of these yet so imma need explanations…

Minor Sixth of Dusk spoilers 

Spoiler

First of the sun is a planet that has some magic birds on islands that have other magic things that can kill you pretty easily. (This one’s a short story, so if you can get it you should be able to read it before the games.) 

Minor Sunlight Man spoilers 

Spoiler

Canticle is only safe in early night, any other time you get scorched to death. There’s flying cities that allow people to avoid the deadly sun. 

Minor Warbreaker spoilers 

Spoiler

Nanthis is pretty earth-like. People born there have Breaths, which can be harvested and used to bring objects to life. Also people occasionally come back to life as demigods who need breath to live. 

Minor White Sand spoilers 

Spoiler

Taldian is a massive desert on one side, and a permanent night on the other. The desert contains magical white sand, which can be manipulated into lines of flying sand at the cost of dehydration by Sand Masters. 

17 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Haven’t read any of these yet so imma need explanations…

Ah man, sorry…

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

Yay! This will be fun… 

Some other options include Earth (Reckoners) and Earth (Rithmatist), as well as whatever the planet from Yumi and the Nightmare Painter is. Oh, and Lumar and Sel. 

Reveal hidden contents

First of the sun is a planet that has some magic birds on islands that have other magic things that can kill you pretty easily. (This one’s a short story, so if you can get it you should be able to read it before the games.) 

Reveal hidden contents

Canticle is only safe in early night, any other time you get scorched to death. There’s flying cities that allow people to avoid the deadly sun. 

Reveal hidden contents

Nanthis is pretty earth-like. People born there have Breaths, which can be harvested and used to bring objects to life. Also people occasionally come back to life as demigods who need breath to live. 

Reveal hidden contents

Taldian is a massive desert on one side, and a permanent night on the other. The desert contains magical white sand, which can be manipulated into lines of flying sand at the cost of dehydration by Sand Masters. 

There are so many options…we narrowed it down to these four as options for the next one, but those ones would be so fun to do at some point.

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

There are so many options…we narrowed it down to these four as options for the next one, but those ones would be so fun to do at some point.

I think that list, plus previous games, covers everything other than the Medieval Wizard world. And some non-Cosmere short stories. We could do I Hate Dragons… 

can i do some of the gm shenanigans? ill try to be on when i can. 

actually, my character for this would work BOTH ways. as a gm and as a contestant. a rogue-ish brigand type who whacks people over the head with his blackfeathered aviar. his name is squall. and he is legit the most sarcastic bastard ANYONE will have the displeasure of meeting.

12 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

*cough*

I've never done this before but could I join in *awkward smile*

Absolutely!!

10 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

can i do some of the gm shenanigans? ill try to be on when i can. 

actually, my character for this would work BOTH ways. as a gm and as a contestant. a rogue-ish brigand type who whacks people over the head with his blackfeathered aviar. his name is squall. and he is legit the most sarcastic bastard ANYONE will have the displeasure of meeting.

I will…leave that for a later decision. I actually won’t be GMing for this games, and those who are can veto and make those sorts of decisions during the official sign-ups :)

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Absolutely!!

I will…leave that for a later decision. I actually won’t be GMing for this games, and those who are can veto and make those sorts of decisions during the official sign-ups :)

oh interesting! are you gonna be in it this time, or are you just taking a break?

16 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

honestly, it would be more funny if everything just tried to kill you and most everyone was just very resourceful lol.

Yeah but it'd be so sad if the games ended in 3 days cause everyone died to killer ants.

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

oh interesting! are you gonna be in it this time, or are you just taking a break?

A break…I’m a weeee bit busy.

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Yeah but it'd be so sad if the games ended in 3 days cause everyone died to killer ants.

🤣🤣🤣

think of how funny though

a kind of

mini games

It’s just the GM’s describing how everyone dies as soon as they step off their places

the end

32 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Yay! This will be fun… 

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Many thanks, good sir

25 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

honestly, it would be more funny if everything just tried to kill you and most everyone was just very resourceful lol.

Glad to see you’ll be on for it! Can we expect JM back in the clinic as well?

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

ill try, mostly i was ignoring homework last year. and idk. 

What kind of homework? And it’s fine if not

(My math teacher last year didn’t require us to do the homework. He recommended it, obviously, but he didn’t have us turn it in and we had “homework checks” like once a week to make sure we understood the concept)

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

wut?

I've never been in insanity clinc??

Jar Man, his character

And JOIN it’s a lot of fun

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

(My math teacher last year didn’t require us to do the homework. He recommended it, obviously, but he didn’t have us turn it in and we had “homework checks” like once a week to make sure we understood the concept)

Jar Man, his character

OH I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT ME IM SORRY

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

Jar Man, his character

uh, math, spanish, chem, pretty much everything except drama.