I draw stuff?

Selia

8 minutes ago, Selia said:

I love dnd. I haven’t played it for very long but my dm mainly runs pre written campaigns. I saw some things on the cosmere rpg and read a couple reviews that weren’t amazing. I plan to stick with D&D *5e obviously. D&D 2024 looks awful* I am homebrewing a cosmere oneshot/campaign thing right now. I convinced Elsecaller (hmmmm Lies on here) to help along with my dm friend. We have to homebrew literally everything due to it being a book universe and D&D doesn’t have any content on it as far as I can tell. But it’s fun.

I’m working my way through all the cosmere novels. My library never has them and I recently figured out that they’re actually in the adult section so that’s fun. Am I allowed to share a theory on here?

I assume you mean modules when you say pre written campaigns. Nothing wrong with that, I just like going more off script. My main game is more of a sandbox, where there is a consistent cast of characters and a central location we stay at. Occasionally venturing out to do quests between our training. So we have more opportunities to forge meaningful connections and create stuff that has an impact on the setting. Granted we are switching to a DC inspired superhero game for a bit still based in D&D 5e, but again, heavy homebrew. 

I wish you luck with all that homebrew for the cosmere, I was tempted to try it at one point but I often can get too bogged down in minutiae and am not the biggest fan of balancing and mechanics. 

I got my own personal library, so far I have every leatherbound released for the cosmere. As for sharing your theories, you can but you need to put them in a specific thread and mark the spoilers for which books you will be drawing from.

46 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I assume you mean modules when you say pre written campaigns. Nothing wrong with that, I just like going more off script. My main game is more of a sandbox, where there is a consistent cast of characters and a central location we stay at. Occasionally venturing out to do quests between our training. So we have more opportunities to forge meaningful connections and create stuff that has an impact on the setting. Granted we are switching to a DC inspired superhero game for a bit still based in D&D 5e, but again, heavy homebrew. 

I wish you luck with all that homebrew for the cosmere, I was tempted to try it at one point but I often can get too bogged down in minutiae and am not the biggest fan of balancing and mechanics. 

I got my own personal library, so far I have every leatherbound released for the cosmere. As for sharing your theories, you can but you need to put them in a specific thread and mark the spoilers for which books you will be drawing from.

Yeah. They run homebrew stuff with the more experienced players, but I started in March so… That sounds cool

I told the guy who works at my local game store and he was like why would you do that to yourself???

I wish I had that. I only own the first three SLA books in brick form. Mm. Ok. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Selia said:

Yeah. They run homebrew stuff with the more experienced players, but I started in March so… That sounds cool

I told the guy who works at my local game store and he was like why would you do that to yourself???

I wish I had that. I only own the first three SLA books in brick form. Mm. Ok. Thanks.

Well I am glad you have found a good group already, believe me that can be tough when you look online for TTRPG groups. I live in a very rural area so I had to. 

The game store guy is right, it is a large pain, but if there is passion do what you love.

As for the leather bounds, it has a been a lengthy process to get them all. I got a fair few signed editions, one even has a specific quote picked out before Brandon signed it.

Edited by TheWanderer

2 minutes ago, Selia said:

Brick form is the best form. Seriously though why are they all shaped that way, like surely they could make the width slightly longer like every other book??? I got paperback copies of the first three Wheel of Time books recently, and while the books themselves are really fun and I most certainly recommend them to Stormlight fans, the book shape itself is so weird and makes it kinda hard to read because it's so tall and so thin (not the spine, those books are long, almost as long as Stormlight).

Anyway, I really love your art!

29 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

Well I am glad you have found a good group already, believe me that can be tough when you look online for TTRPG groups. I live in a very rural area so I had to. 

The game store guy is right, it is a large pain, but if there is passion do what you love.

As for the leather bounds, it has a been a lengthy process to get them all. I got a fair few signed editions, one even has a specific quote picked out before Brandon signed it.

Yeah. I used to rp a little on ddb but mostly I play with my friend because it’s their fault I play.

i want to get it done just to show him I can do it at this point lol.

Dude that’s so luckyyyyyy.

26 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

Brick form is the best form. Seriously though why are they all shaped that way, like surely they could make the width slightly longer like every other book??? I got paperback copies of the first three Wheel of Time books recently, and while the books themselves are really fun and I most certainly recommend them to Stormlight fans, the book shape itself is so weird and makes it kinda hard to read because it's so tall and so thin (not the spine, those books are long, almost as long as Stormlight).

Anyway, I really love your art!

I like to jokingly tell my friends I’m going to whack them with a brick although the printing quality is not great. My spines are all wrecked because you have to bend it so far to be able to read the words close to the binding. I keep meaning to read the Wheel of Time series.

Thanks! Turns out I’m not very good at drawing dragons, though. At least Elk knows me so he won’t judge too harshly (hopefully)…

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

I am quite glad to have my collection. Granted no one in my area gets any of the cosmere stuff, sigh the pain of a rural nerd. 

I knowwwww. I used to go to a bad public school and it was awful because I was the only major nerd there. Nobody understood my nerdy nonsense. I only recently found some people who understand my cosmere references. And even still with my new nerdy friends, they don’t understand how my brain works with words. But it’s ok.

Edited by Selia

1 hour ago, Selia said:

I knowwwww. I used to go to a bad public school and it was awful because I was the only major nerd there. Nobody understood my nerdy nonsense. I only recently found some people who understand my cosmere references. And even still with my new nerdy friends, they don’t understand how my brain works with words. But it’s ok.

You got lucky and I'm sure you'll find plenty more friends here.

5 hours ago, Selia said:

I love dnd. I haven’t played it for very long but my dm mainly runs pre written campaigns. I saw some things on the cosmere rpg and read a couple reviews that weren’t amazing. I plan to stick with D&D *5e obviously. D&D 2024 looks awful* I am homebrewing a cosmere oneshot/campaign thing right now. I convinced Elsecaller (hmmmm Lies on here) to help along with my dm friend. We have to homebrew literally everything due to it being a book universe and D&D doesn’t have any content on it as far as I can tell. But it’s fun.

I’m working my way through all the cosmere novels. My library never has them and I recently figured out that they’re actually in the adult section so that’s fun. Am I allowed to share a theory on here?

*crashes through the wall*

Did somebody say homebrew?

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

You got lucky and I'm sure you'll find plenty more friends here.

Yeah. I hope so. I have a couple good friends on ddb but I want to meet some on here.

19 minutes ago, Doctor_Deer said:

*crashes through the wall*

Did somebody say homebrew?

Yes elk. I’m gonna need you to check over some homebrew monsters for me later.

also your pseudodragon is coming along

9 minutes ago, Selia said:

Yes elk. I’m gonna need you to check over some homebrew monsters for me later.

also your pseudodragon is coming along

Alrighty! I love reviewing homebrew.

Sweet! Thanks so much, Sel. Also, didn't you say something about posting the drawing you did of me on here?

28 minutes ago, Doctor_Deer said:

Alrighty! I love reviewing homebrew.

Sweet! Thanks so much, Sel. Also, didn't you say something about posting the drawing you did of me on here?

Yerp

ofc. Oh yeah. I forgor

*does anyone know how to put images in spoilers???*

IMG_0074.png

8 minutes ago, Selia said:

Yerp

ofc. Oh yeah. I forgor

*does anyone know how to put images in spoilers???*

IMG_0074.png

I've always wondered, what was the third rune you drew above my head? I know the first two are ehwaz and laguz respectively, but I've never been able to figure out the third one. Follow up question: why DID you draw runes above me and Druid's heads?

10 minutes ago, Doctor_Deer said:

I've always wondered, what was the third rune you drew above my head? I know the first two are ehwaz and laguz respectively, but I've never been able to figure out the third one. Follow up question: why DID you draw runes above me and Druid's heads?

Oh it’s your names *on ddb* spelled out in old Nordic runes

7 hours ago, Doctor_Deer said:

*le gasp*

I love it! And that background is just plain amazing! I also see that you named them 'Rome'. What book are they reading?

lol :3

thanks! i was going to name them ‘Rue’, but I didn’t know where my translator sheet was and I already knew all the runes necessary for ‘Rome’. They’re reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.

1 hour ago, Selia said:

lol :3

thanks! i was going to name them ‘Rue’, but I didn’t know where my translator sheet was and I already knew all the runes necessary for ‘Rome’. They’re reading The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.

Cool. So now I have a pseudodragon named Rome. Wonder if I should homebrew a statblock for them...

1 minute ago, Doctor_Deer said:

Cool. So now I have a pseudodragon named Rome. Wonder if I should homebrew a statblock for them...

You should lol

and I’ll write a backstory

Oo, beautiful!

To put an image in spoilers, just put a spoiler in:

Spoiler

Then make sure your curser is in the spoiler. After that do the regular thing and it should go in :)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e247113ea6f078d052473d0ba69864d6.png

Like so :))

1 hour ago, Wittles said:

I love your arts! Those are so cool!

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Oo, beautiful!

To put an image in spoilers, just put a spoiler in:

Reveal hidden contents

Then make sure your curser is in the spoiler. After that do the regular thing and it should go in :)

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.e247113ea6f078d052473d0ba69864d6.png

Like so :))

Ok thank you.

34 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I am back amongst the living. Nice pieces, I particularly like the dragon one.

Thank you all!!!

I had a friend on ddb ask me to draw his character when I started drawing and since I have improved, I need to try again but im scared X3 T-T

Spoiler

IMG_0161.thumb.png.06631689a8a250e9f87bfd85413b3802.png

My friend made me draw this and got mad when I spent too long on it lol

*also IT WORKED*

*thanks Eddie*

Edited by Selia

13 minutes ago, Selia said:

Ok thank you.

Thank you all!!!

I had a friend on ddb ask me to draw his character when I started drawing and since I have improved, I need to try again but im scared X3 T-T

Hide contents

IMG_0161.thumb.png.06631689a8a250e9f87bfd85413b3802.png

My friend made me draw this and got mad when I spent too long on it lol

*also IT WORKED*

*thanks Eddie*

Background on that one you put the spoiler on is cool.