“It’s a Long Way Up!” (The IRL-Skills RP)

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

The Stormfather looks at the break in the path oddly. "Ummm, I really hope that happened naturally and there isn't some monster that's able to do this waiting up there."

Glass gave him a confused look. "Yeah... um..."

She genuinely couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

Her backpack suddenly got heavier. She opened it and pulled out a long, thick piece of coiled rope. "Oh, hey, perfect!"

Edited by Through The Living Glass

8 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Glass gave him a confused look. "Yeah... um..."

She genuinely couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

Her backpack suddenly got heavier. She opened it and pulled out a long, thick piece of coiled rope. "Oh, hey, perfect!"

Elan tied an end of the rope to his fanny pack, which was buckled over his shoulder. "I'll take the back, as a support."  

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan tied an end of the rope to his fanny pack, which was buckled over his shoulder. "I'll take the back, as a support."  

"Shouldn't you tie it around your waist? Seems like it's not very secure if you just tie it around the fanny pack."

6 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Glass touched her foot to the edge of the pile, and it shifted ominously, stones clattering to the path. She quickly backed away. "Uh, I'm not sure if trying to move them is an optimal idea either..." She looked around.

There weren't any trees here, but there were some oddly-shaped rocks jutting out of the rock face, as well as gnarled roots of some sort. "Maybe we could use those to get over it somehow?" She said, pointing.

“Do you see many good foot and hand holds?”

She nodded. “I took weight training last school year, so I can help near the back too.”

6 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"Shouldn't you tie it around your waist? Seems like it's not very secure if you just tie it around the fanny pack."

“Agreed.” She tied it around her waist, leaving enough room on the rope for Elan to do the same behind her. 

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"A few. Some of those rocks could make good handhold, and those roots look thick enough to support our weight . . . hopefully." She added nervously.

11 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"A few. Some of those rocks could make good handhold, and those roots look thick enough to support our weight . . . hopefully." She added nervously.

“That doesn’t sound very convincing…”

33 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She nodded. “I took weight training last school year, so I can help near the back too.”

“Agreed.” She tied it around her waist, leaving enough room on the rope for Elan to do the same behind her. 

Elan unties it and then re-ties it around his waist, holding on tight. "Alright. I'm ready."

"Whoever goes first should tie the rope to something on the other side, to make it safer for everyone else." She peaked over the enormous rock pile.

"On that note, uh," Glass turned to look at the others, "who's going first?"

2 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"Whoever goes first should tie the rope to something on the other side, to make it safer for everyone else." She peaked over the enormous rock pile.

“Not it!”

8 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"Not it!"

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“I’ll do it, I guess, but first I’d like someone to try an idea I had.” 

11 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"Well I'm going last. So... I guess go ahead with your idea."

On 9/14/2024 at 7:33 PM, Through The Living Glass said:

Half and hour later the group came to a very skinny path along a very steep cliff.

As they rounded the bend, they saw that a large pile of gravel and small rocks had crumbled from the opposing cliff face, obscuring the path.

"So we're all being tied together as we climb over?" Uni asks, "so that if one of us falls all of us do?" he asks jokingly. "Just kidding, we got this."

2 minutes ago, Unintelligenius said:

"So we're all being tied together as we climb over?" Uni asks, "so that if one of us falls all of us do?" he asks jokingly. "Just kidding, we got this."

"Let's try not to think about that, alright?"

5 minutes ago, Unintelligenius said:

"Well, no," Glass looked at him. "We'll go one at a time, with people in the back to act as anchors in case somebody slips."

4 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"What kind of idea?"

"We put someone in the bag and see what happens. One of my old D&D parties exploited extradimensional spaces so much; we'd all go in a bag of holding, then the monk would wall run us past any obstacles." 

Edited by Dragonheir
relocated semicolon.

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

"We put someone in the bag and see what happens. One of my old D&D parties exploited extradimensional spaces so much; we'd all go in a bag of holding, then the monk would wall run us past any obstacles." 

“Sounds interesting I’ll do it” CrazyBoy said