“It’s a Long Way Up!” (The IRL-Skills RP)

Scars walks around, helping some of the others, but ends up grabbing some of the tinder, he sits down next to a slabbish shaped piece of wood, and uses a knife to gouge out a tiny hole. He threads a stick through his shoelace bow, and starts rubbing the stick, on the inside of the notch, some smoke coming out. I hope I get it this time

On 9/10/2024 at 4:49 PM, Dragonheir said:

"I don't. But it is cold up here. I think our first priority should be a fire. Three of them, actually." he turns to the others. "Look around for medium sized rock and fallen trees. Make sure we're all in sight of at least one person." 

Uni helps gather branches and small stones back to the group.

11 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Dray finishes the axe yard and goes off into the woods. "Everyone not doing recon, listen up! We've got to work together or we'll die out here. You two! Stop horsing around." He points at Raven and Souls. "I need someone to saw this fallen tree into logs. We have enough tinder and kindling. Someone else, look for medium sized rocks and make three circles of them in an equilateral triangle. Sweep any leaves or pine needles to ten feet away from the fire pits. I'll chop our wood." 

"Gotcha" Uni says as he begins to kick the pine needles and leaves away. It does almost nothing. He moves back towards the stack of small stones and tries to arrange some of them in a circle. Once he finishes one "circle" he notes, "that kinda looks like an oval, but it's good enough right?".

11 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Scars walks around, helping some of the others, but ends up grabbing some of the tinder, he sits down next to a slabbish shaped piece of wood, and uses a knife to gouge out a tiny hole. He threads a stick through his shoelace bow, and starts rubbing the stick, on the inside of the notch, some smoke coming out. I hope I get it this time

“I have ferrorods. But that is pretty good technique. Are you a scout too?” 

8 hours ago, Unintelligenius said:

Uni helps gather branches and small stones back to the group.

"Gotcha" Uni says as he begins to kick the pine needles and leaves away. It does almost nothing. He moves back towards the stack of small stones and tries to arrange some of them in a circle. Once he finishes one "circle" he notes, "that kinda looks like an oval, but it's good enough right?".

“Yeah, that looks good.” Dray takes a break, thunking the axe into the log he’d been chopping over. He comes over and begins to set up a log cabin style fire in the first fire circle, using his split wood and what everyone else had gathered. 

"Hmm. Looking at the map," Glass said, looking at the map, "how much scouting is there actually to do? We'd have to go quite a ways to find anything. Maybe we should head back and get everyone else to come, too."

@Ancient Elantrian @UndiagnosedCrazyBoy @Spark of Hope @TwinSouls @Exotic Almond

Edited by Through The Living Glass

1 hour ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"Hmm. Looking at the map," Glass said, looking at the map, "how much scouting is there actually to do? We'd have to go quite a ways to find anything. Maybe we should head back and get everyone else to come, too."

@Ancient Elantrian @UndiagnosedCrazyBoy @Spark of Hope @TwinSouls @Exotic Almond

“Fair point but let’s find something of note before we head back. I don’t want to return empty handed” 

2 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

“That seems wise…” Souls sits down on a rock.

19 minutes ago, UndiagnosedCrazyBoy said:

“Fair point but let’s find something of note before we head back. I don’t want to return empty handed” 

Glass scribbles on a sheet of paper, rips it out, and hands it to him. "Problem solved," she says, grinning mischievously.

3 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

1 hour ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Glass laughed.

"In all seriousness though, we probably should get everyone else."

"Okay." Elan turns around and starts jogging towards the party lower down.

1 minute ago, UndiagnosedCrazyBoy said:

“Hey, wait up!“ CrazyBoy called and followed after him

Elan sighed, stopping and waiting for CrazyBoy to slowly make his way to where Elan was. When he reached Elan, he started jogging alongside him.

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

Elan sighed, stopping and waiting for CrazyBoy to slowly make his way to where Elan was. When he reached Elan, he started jogging alongside him.

“Thanks” CrazyBoy said. “Do you think we will be able to get out of here?” He questioned

Just cause I’m not in cross country doesn’t mean I’m slow :(

1 minute ago, UndiagnosedCrazyBoy said:

“Thanks” CrazyBoy said. “Do you think we will be able to get out of here?” He questioned

But you slower than me

"In all actuality? I have no idea. Just keep praying I guess. And try to survive."

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

19 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Soon enough they reached the base camp. Wasn't much of a camp though.

"Guys, we've decided we need to start moving up the mountain." Elan said.

"I agree." The Stormfather said. "I don't think I've actually introduced myself to you all. I'm The Stormfather, but you can call me SF, I supposed. The name's a little clunky."

4 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Sorry, I probably won't RP until a lot later. I'm not feeling good and it's hard to do stuff.

31 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

All good!

Glass slid to a stop at the base of the path, and looked very suave doing it.

"Hi, SF!" She turned to everyone else. "Hey, everyone else. Look, we don't see much of a point in staying here. We're kind of secluded here, and it would probably be better to build some sort of signal from higher up anyway."

7 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Glass slid to a stop at the base of the path, and looked very suave doing it.

"Hi, SF!" She turned to everyone else. "Hey, everyone else. Look, we don't see much of a point in staying here. We're kind of secluded here, and it would probably be better to build some sort of signal from higher up anyway."

"Yeah, I say we start moving and once night begins to fall set up a camp."

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Soon enough they reached the base camp. Wasn't much of a camp though.

"Guys, we've decided we need to start moving up the mountain." Elan said.

“So I just did all this work for nothing?” 

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

“Fine. We’re bringing the logs, though.” Dray begins to load the logs, axe, saw, and rope into his backpack. 

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

“Should we use our magic backpacks to get some camping gear?” Souls pants, having run up by the group.

Edited by TwinSouls