BODYGUARDS WANTED--For the protection of his Lordship, Duke Ehlu--(50 silver an hour, non-negotiable)

J. Magi

(this isn't an actual Poll)(( I mean you could place a vote on your team as recognition that it's there if you wanted))  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Teams:

• Team 1: Eublech ( @Ancient Elantrian), Heartache ( @Just_a_Fan) Reivoki ( @BrechioSwordMouse), Nera ( @J. Magi), Arranis (@Scars of Hathsin) and Skunk (@SmilingPanda19)
    • Team 2: Sleeper ( @TheRavenHasLanded), Alvar ( @Dragonheir), Lusha ( @Spark of Hope), Calum (npc, famous mercenary), Galdorn ( @TwinSouls). and Dint (@SpiritOfWrath)

10 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I don’t feign. I won’t stoop to your level.”

“I don’t need to care what you think. We’ll see who’s actually competent during the auditions.” Alvar attempts to loom over him, but fails because he’s shorter than a full blooded elf. 

14 minutes ago, BrechioSwordMouse said:

"Give me a flyer." Reivoki says forcefully. "I need this job."

“I doubt they’ll give it to you if you need it - rich people don’t generally care if you need the money. They just care about reputation, and the people with the reputation are pretty much set. Usually, at least. You could go see if I missed any drakes if they kick you out. They have a decent bounty, if you’re fine with going through all these stupid half flooded tunnels.” Alvar hands over a flyer anyway, though. Maybe the guy could help him. Not that he needed it, of course. 

Spoiler

guys this level of chaos is what I'm here for

On 9/15/2024 at 6:23 AM, Dragonheir said:

Alvar considers explaining that he’d meant the whole group, but decides against it. The trial is about to start, anyway. 

21 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“I don’t feign. I won’t stoop to your level.”

20 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“I don’t need to care what you think. We’ll see who’s actually competent during the auditions.” Alvar attempts to loom over him, but fails because he’s shorter than a full blooded elf. 

Nera took a few steps in the other direction. If they started a fight she didn't want to be part of it.

20 hours ago, BrechioSwordMouse said:

"Give me a flyer." Reivoki says forcefully. "I need this job."

19 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“I doubt they’ll give it to you if you need it - rich people don’t generally care if you need the money. They just care about reputation, and the people with the reputation are pretty much set. Usually, at least. You could go see if I missed any drakes if they kick you out. They have a decent bounty, if you’re fine with going through all these stupid half flooded tunnels.” Alvar hands over a flyer anyway, though. Maybe the guy could help him. Not that he needed it, of course. 

"Um . . . I don't think that you need one to get in . . ." Nera interjected. "It's just an announcement paper," She waved the one she was still holding, "Explaining what's happening and were, it says nothing about needing an invitation, or that this paper is important. They were handing them out for free in a tavern near the other side of town 😅."

She turned to Reivoki. "If your already here then you should probably be fine? I've never worked on this level, of course but I've taken similar jobs in the past."

gonna wait a while longer to start the thing because I'm not sure if booky is gonna join or not 

5 minutes ago, J. Magi said:
  Hide contents

guys this level of chaos is what I'm here for

Nera took a few steps in the other direction. If they started a fight she didn't want to be part of it.

"Um . . . I don't think that you need one to get in . . ." Nera interjected. "It's just an announcement paper," She waved the one she was still holding, "Explaining what's happening and were, it says nothing about needing an invitation, or that this paper is important. They were handing them out for free in a tavern near the other side of town 😅."

She turned to Reivoki. "If your already here then you should probably be fine? I've never worked on this level, of course but I've taken similar jobs in the past."

"You got this from a tavern? How uncultured are you?" Eublech scoffs.

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Gotta sleep somewhere on a budget," Nera said. "Not everyone's made of money, buddy." 

Edited by J. Magi

4 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Gotta sleep somewhere on a budget," Nera said. "Not everyone's got mountains of gold, buddy." 

“Y-yeah, people have different backgrounds.”

6 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Gotta sleep somewhere on a budget," Nera said. "Not everyone's made of money, buddy." 

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Y-yeah, people have different backgrounds.”

"Disgusting. There is no way someone like you could get this job."

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Her shy visage slowly faded, replaced by a more steely one. "My father is a major general. I got recommended for this job because of military training."

25 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

23 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Her shy visage slowly faded, replaced by a more steely one. "My father is a major general. I got recommended for this job because of military training."

Alvar switches from a I’m-scary-don’t-mess-with-me sneer to one that shows genuine anger. “Sometimes people have to actually work for their training, you know.” He’s actually baring his teeth, and you can see that he’s somehow got two sets of canines, one in front of the other. Some of his teeth are bleeding. “You’re both hypocrites. One of you is rich enough to not even need the job, and the other’s first response is ‘oh, my dad is good at fighting, so so am I.’” 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Alvar switches from a I’m-scary-don’t-mess-with-me sneer to one that shows genuine anger. “Sometimes people have to actually work for their training, you know.” He’s actually baring his teeth, and you can see that he’s somehow got two sets of canines, one in front of the other. Some of his teeth are bleeding. “You’re both hypocrites. One of you is rich enough to not even need the job, and the other’s first response is ‘oh, my dad is good at fighting, so so am I.’” 

The bold look on her face faded. "N-no, tha-at's not what I.... H-he had me learn how to fight too..."

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

42 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"I'm not rich. I'm just better."

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Eublech smiled smugly, stepping back and folding his arms.

“You really shouldn’t judge someone without knowing them,” she muttered. 

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

Nera sighed. "And you're so much better? You immediately judge every person you meet with in seconds of seeing them, and not only that, assume the very worst case scenario based on your limited knowledge. Grow up a little and except that people are different."

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"I'm not rich. I'm just better."

thats so iconic

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper stood off to the side, listening. Could be interesting. might as well check it out.

I thought you were disappearing? 😏

@The Bookwyrmv

You gonna join????? I don't want to start if you still do, so it'd be handy if you could tell you are/aren't

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“You really shouldn’t judge someone without knowing them,” she muttered. 

"Exactly my point." Nera said, waving her hand expressively.

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

Nera sighed. "And you're so much better? You immediately judge every person you meet with in seconds of seeing them, and not only that, assume the very worst case scenario based on your limited knowledge. Grow up a little and except that people are different."

@The Bookwyrmv

work getting done was easier than expected.

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

@The Bookwyrmv

"You'll never know someone without judging them."

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Eublech ignores the short girl. She knows nothing, obviously.

She’s half elf, so she’s tall

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

@The Bookwyrmv

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"You'll never know someone without judging them."

“You could still get to know them first…”

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

@The Bookwyrmv

I'm probably not, and if I do, I can always RP the guys the bodyguards are fighting or something. Go ahead.