BODYGUARDS WANTED--For the protection of his Lordship, Duke Ehlu--(50 silver an hour, non-negotiable)

J. Magi

(this isn't an actual Poll)(( I mean you could place a vote on your team as recognition that it's there if you wanted))  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Teams:

• Team 1: Eublech ( @Ancient Elantrian), Heartache ( @Just_a_Fan) Reivoki ( @BrechioSwordMouse), Nera ( @J. Magi), Arranis (@Scars of Hathsin) and Skunk (@SmilingPanda19)
    • Team 2: Sleeper ( @TheRavenHasLanded), Alvar ( @Dragonheir), Lusha ( @Spark of Hope), Calum (npc, famous mercenary), Galdorn ( @TwinSouls). and Dint (@SpiritOfWrath)

9 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

coolio

8 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"You'll never know someone without judging them."

"Please, you'll truly never know someone if you judge them on a first impression, and then hold them to your own preconceived prejudices the rest of your relationship." Nera said bluntly. She was getting tired of dealing with this. 

8 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“You could still get to know them first…”

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

alrighty, that's what i needed to know! Your welcome to jump on anytime you feel like it

-  -  -

"Uuuumm."

At the top of the stairs, a lanky half-gnomish looking boy stood holding a stack of papers. His scribes robes were far too big on him, but he didn't seem to care.

"Ya'll are the guys who're applying for the bodyguard position right?" His voice was bored at best, apathetic at worst.

"If you'd come this way, Master Igeni would like to speak to you all before the interviews begin." He gestured at the large ornate doors at the front of the city-hall building. 

"Oh, I'm Lerren by the way," Lerren added as he adjusted his glasses to sit higher on his large nose. 

"Nice to . . . meet you?" Nera replied, shifting her pack and following him up the stairs.

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"Please, you'll truly never know someone if you judge them on a first impression, and then hold them to your own preconceived prejudices the rest of your relationship." Nera said bluntly. She was getting tired of dealing with this. 

-  -  -

"Uuuumm."

At the top of the stairs, a lanky half-gnomish looking boy stood holding a stack of papers. His scribes robes were far too big on him, but he didn't seem to care.

"Ya'll are the guys who're applying for the bodyguard position right?" His voice was bored at best, apathetic at worst.

"If you'd come this way, Master Igeni would like to speak to you all before the interviews begin." He gestured at the large ornate doors at the front of the city-hall building. 

"Oh, I'm Lerren by the way," Lerren added as he adjusted his glasses to sit higher on his large nose. 

"Nice to . . . meet you?" Nera replied, shifting her pack and following him up the stairs.

The vines stopped growing as she followed Lerren.

@Ancient Elantrian

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

-  -  -

"Uuuumm."

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

@Ancient Elantrian

Eublech followed Lerren, smiling kindly and looking quite amiable.

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Eublech smiled smugly, stepping back and folding his arms.

Hey, being mean is hard to do. It's funny how our characters here hate each other; I'll have to be careful not to make Veer or Nick mad at Gemini or Kaleb by association. 

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Nera sighed. "And you're so much better? You immediately judge every person you meet with in seconds of seeing them, and not only that, assume the very worst case scenario based on your limited knowledge. Grow up a little and except that people are different."

@The Bookwyrmv

"Exactly my point." Nera said, waving her hand expressively.

"I've ignored my first impression before, and it didn't go well. Prove to me that people won't stab me in the back, and maybe I'll stop adventuring alone."

-  -  -

"Uuuumm."

Alvar sheaths his dagger and follows. 

Hey, wasn't Lerren quitting? 

Are there other adventurers? 

How valuable is 50 silver, anyway? 

13 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"I've ignored my first impression before, and it didn't go well. Prove to me that people won't stab me in the back, and maybe I'll stop adventuring alone."

allow me to make things even more confusing.

Sleeper comes out of hiding, slinking along behind everyone.

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

@Ancient Elantrian

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Eublech followed Lerren, smiling kindly and looking quite amiable.

14 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"I haven't stabbed you in the back yet," Nera mumbled, rolling her eyes.

Lerren pulled open the heavy doors with some effort, leading them through an expensive looking lobby.

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper comes out of hiding, slinking along behind everyone.

gtg for a few hours

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Lerren pulled open the heavy doors with some effort, leading them through an expensive looking lobby.

Lusha stayed near the back of the group.

“You haven’t had the chance.” Alvar taps his dagger. 

19 minutes ago, BrechioSwordMouse said:

"Really nice lobby." Reivoki says straying towards the front of the group.

“No wonder this guy keeps getting robbed.” 

18 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Lusha stayed near the back of the group.

17 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Nice lobby.” Eublech nods.

16 hours ago, BrechioSwordMouse said:

"Really nice lobby." Reivoki says straying towards the front of the group.

Lerren made a little huff. "Well, Duke Ehlu is the richest man in Terjin. Of course a mere lobby is well below him, but he has a mind to put on a good impression in all stations."

They continued down the red carpet, passing a few counters and waiting areas.

16 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“You haven’t had the chance.” Alvar taps his dagger. 

"I've had plenty of chances, I just didn't take any of them because I'm a decent person," Nera grumbled to herself.

16 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“No wonder this guy keeps getting robbed.” 

10 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Real."

Lerren smirks at their comments. Perhaps, despite his praise he wasn't a fan of the duke.

He brought them to another large, ornate pair of double doors. These ones were made of honey coloured wood, and it was less of a struggle for him to open them.

Beyond was a richly furnished sitting room. Everything was covered in velvet and hung with tassels. Gold embroidery on all the fabric, and gold inlay on things that couldn't be embroidered.

Most of the sofa's and cushions were along the edge of the room, leaving a large space in the middle.

"Don't touch anything, and don't let anything find it's way into your pockets." Lerren whispered to the group as they entered.

Master Igeni was seated in a hard wooden chair in one corner. He was a spindly old man, and his robes hung off of him like he was made of wire. He stroked his silver-grey beard as they entered.

Igeni wasn't alone in the room though.

A tall muscular human woman with tan skin was next to him. She stood proudly, and her leather armor creaked a little as she shifted. Her dark eyes skinned the group in skeptical way.

A few others sat on the chairs on the rooms edge. They also looked like other adventurers and mercenaries but were (and no offense) more finely dressed then Nera and her group. Likely, they were famous people who'd gotten specific invitations.

"Welcome!" Igeni said, standing slowly from his chair with the help of a knobley cane. "Your here for the Bodyguard position?" His voice had an odd cadence that made him sound disinterested. 

Lerren rolled his eyes. "Yeah, these are the guys."

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

Lerren made a little huff. "Well, Duke Ehlu is the richest man in Terjin. Of course a mere lobby is well below him, but he has a mind to put on a good impression in all stations."

"I've had plenty of chances, I just didn't take any of them because I'm a decent person," Nera grumbled to herself.

Lerren smirks at their comments. Perhaps, despite his praise he wasn't a fan of the duke.

He brought them to another large, ornate pair of double doors. These ones were made of honey coloured wood, and it was less of a struggle for him to open them.

Beyond was a richly furnished sitting room. Everything was covered in velvet and hung with tassels. Gold embroidery on all the fabric, and gold inlay on things that couldn't be embroidered.

Most of the sofa's and cushions were along the edge of the room, leaving a large space in the middle.

"Don't touch anything, and don't let anything find it's way into your pockets." Lerren whispered to the group as they entered.

Master Igeni was seated in a hard wooden chair in one corner. He was a spindly old man, and his robes hung off of him like he was made of wire. He stroked his silver-grey beard as they entered.

A tall muscular human woman with tan skin was next to him. She stood proudly, and her leather armor creaked a little as she shifted. Her dark eyes skinned the group in skeptical way.

A few others sat on the chairs on the rooms edge. They also looked like other adventurers and mercenaries but were (and no offense) more finely dressed then Nera and her group. Likely, they were famous people who'd gotten specific invitations.

"Welcome!" Igeni said, standing slowly from his chair with the help of a knobley cane. "Your here for the Bodyguard position?" His voice had an odd cadence that made him sound disinterested. 

Sleeper appraised the room, looking for any hidden traps. 

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Yes, sir." She didn't make eye contact, looking somewhere slightly behind and to the side of his head.

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Sleeper appraised the room, looking for any hidden traps. 

He couldn't immediately sense any.

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Yes, sir." She didn't make eye contact, looking somewhere slightly behind and to the side of his head.

He gave her a kindly smile.

"If you'll all sit down, Lady Genuhk will explain how things will proceed."

Just now, J. Magi said:

He couldn't immediately sense any.

He gave her a kindly smile.

"If you'll all sit down, Lady Genuhk will explain how things will proceed."

The way she was looking was because she wants to be respectful and come off confident, but doesn't know how he feels about strong eye contact.

She sat on a chair where she could get a wide scope of the room, as well as easily see the door if she needed to.

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She sat on a chair where she could get a wide scope of the room, as well as easily see the door if she needed to.

Yeah, he just interpreted it as she was nervous

10 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Alvar nods curtly, trying to appear disinterested and failing. He recognizes a few of the adventurers, or at least he thinks he does. He makes sure it doesn’t distract him, though. He has to prove himself! 

Not only was Alvar left for dead by a member of his own adventuring party after a devastating fight against a dragon (the healer attacked them and took the entire hoard, without explanation), his parents’ adventuring party never came back one day. Either group could contain someone who Alvar thought was dead, or the traitorous healer (whose motives and identity have not been fleshed out yet) could be there, potentially in disguise. 

10 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Alvar sits in a different chair, with similar benefits, trying to possess as much different vision range as possible while still seeing the other adventurers and Igeni. He says “good choice” under his breath as he passes Lusha. 

57 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Alvar nods curtly, trying to appear disinterested and failing. He recognizes a few of the adventurers, or at least he thinks he does. He makes sure it doesn’t distract him, though. He has to prove himself! 

Alvar sits in a different chair, with similar benefits, trying to possess as much different vision range as possible while still seeing the other adventurers and Igeni. He says “good choice” under his breath as he passes Lusha. 

She nodded to him. 

32 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Good point

According to the internet, 30 silver coins is worth 91-441 USD. Median of that is approx 266. 266/30 = 8.9, 8.9 x 50 = about 443.34 USD

An hour

Holy crap these bodyguards are gonna be loaded