BODYGUARDS WANTED--For the protection of his Lordship, Duke Ehlu--(50 silver an hour, non-negotiable)

J. Magi

(this isn't an actual Poll)(( I mean you could place a vote on your team as recognition that it's there if you wanted))  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Teams:

• Team 1: Eublech ( @Ancient Elantrian), Heartache ( @Just_a_Fan) Reivoki ( @BrechioSwordMouse), Nera ( @J. Magi), Arranis (@Scars of Hathsin) and Skunk (@SmilingPanda19)
    • Team 2: Sleeper ( @TheRavenHasLanded), Alvar ( @Dragonheir), Lusha ( @Spark of Hope), Calum (npc, famous mercenary), Galdorn ( @TwinSouls). and Dint (@SpiritOfWrath)

51 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Nera realized she was talking to an absolute idiot.

"No!? Honestly do you not have common sense? You can't just choose to start out rich. My parent's were potters, they didn't make a lot of money, so I couldn't afford to go to school and learn a trade that would make me a lot of money. I've had to work my way up to where I am now."

meanwhile sleeper and alvar giving each other death glares.

3 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Nera realized she was talking to an absolute idiot.

"No!? Honestly do you not have common sense? You can't just choose to start out rich. My parent's were potters, they didn't make a lot of money, so I couldn't afford to go to school and learn a trade that would make me a lot of money. I've had to work my way up to where I am now."

"Why didn't your parents choose a better job so you could go to school?"

Very funny
I bet she's very red
And he looks quite amiable

4 hours ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Dint followed the rest of his group from a distance, studying them. He had been there for the entirety of the time, watching the exchanges between his teammates with interest.

”What sort of supplies do you need, Alvar? I might come with you.”

“I don’t think we have a healer, so I’m going to buy a few healing potions, and I’m also planning to buy some poison so I can make my blades work better.” 

2 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

meanwhile sleeper and alvar giving each other death glares.

I don’t think Alvar is death glaring. It’s a combination of bravado and a legitimate enjoyment of a relatively low stakes combat that seems mostly balanced. He’s doing something closer to a viciously excited look, with wide eyes and a bared teeth smirk/snarl thing. 

Name: Arranis Reelwiron Galondel. (I Think That is How You Spell It)

Race (fantasy or normal or whatever): Alethi

Appearance: Alethi, Bright Blue Eyes

Personality: Happy, Dangerous. All in between

Skills: Melee weapons, Knowledge, Blood Magic

Weapon of choice: Sword

Background: Umm, came here from his last place, where he had been a bodyguard. (A book I am writing) 

Other/favorite food/cool jokes: None

This ok

@J. Magi 

I will fill it out more just rushed for time atm

“I know some small healing. But I’m better with herbs. So those supplies sound good,” Dint replied.

20 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“I don’t think we have a healer, so I’m going to buy a few healing potions, and I’m also planning to buy some poison so I can make my blades work better.” 

1 minute ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

“I know some small healing. But I’m better with herbs. So those supplies sound good,” Dint replied.

“We should go, then. There’s not a whole lot of time before the tryout.” Alvar begins to speedwalk out of the castle and down the street, not particularly caring if the others keep up. 

50 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Why didn't your parents choose a better job so you could go to school?"

She frustration disappeared in the face of genuine shock.

"Are actually this stupid, or are you mocking me?"

35 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

This ok

@J. Magi 

I will fill it out more just rushed for time atm

Looks good!

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

She frustration disappeared in the face of genuine shock.

"Are actually this stupid, or are you mocking me?"

Eublech turned red. A little. ONLY A LITTLE. Or at least that is what he would later claim. "I'm not stupid. You're stupid." 

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

Eublech turned red. A little. ONLY A LITTLE. Or at least that is what he would later claim. "I'm not stupid. You're stupid." 

"Oh my word you are."

She looked sorry for him.

25 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Dint, able to keep up, tails Alvar through the streets. As he is rushing, he makes notes of any useful stores he may wish to visit on the way back.

Alvar ducks into an alchemist’s shop. “I’d like a half dozen basic healing potions; the stabilizer kind. Let’s throw in a better healing potion too, so we can put someone back into action. And do you have a cheap-ish injury poison or venom that can be frozen?” 
 @J. Magi 

Can I justify our adventure-friendly world with some worldbuilding? (Not related to the task at hand) 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Alvar ducks into an alchemist’s shop. “I’d like a half dozen basic healing potions; the stabilizer kind. Let’s throw in a better healing potion too, so we can put someone back into action. And do you have a cheap-ish injury poison or venom that can be frozen?” 
 @J. Magi 

A large, toad like half-orc was running the counter.

"That'll be a pretty big bill," He commented as he started filling glass jars with red liqued.

be my guest

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"I am not." Eublech protests.

"Your not stupid but you don't know how capitalism and classism works?"

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

A large, toad like half-orc was running the counter.

"That'll be a pretty big bill," He commented as he started filling glass jars with red liqued.

be my guest

“I’ll pay for the venom myself, but him, I, and the other three will pool our money for the healing potions. What’s the bill?” 

Yay! I’ll do that later, though. Tomorrow, probably. 

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

“I’ll pay for the venom myself, but him, I, and the other three will pool our money for the healing potions. What’s the bill?” 

"Like . . . . I don't know, 95 gold?"

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Well I do know how those work." Maybe.

"Clearly, you don't, otherwise you wouldn't be asking me why my parent's chose to be poor."

16 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Eublech focuses on his steps, ignoring the peasant. Obviously she knew nothing about money. 

"Oh, so your ignoring me now? Very mature, very noble." She muttered.