BODYGUARDS WANTED--For the protection of his Lordship, Duke Ehlu--(50 silver an hour, non-negotiable)

J. Magi

(this isn't an actual Poll)(( I mean you could place a vote on your team as recognition that it's there if you wanted))  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Teams:

• Team 1: Eublech ( @Ancient Elantrian), Heartache ( @Just_a_Fan) Reivoki ( @BrechioSwordMouse), Nera ( @J. Magi), Arranis (@Scars of Hathsin) and Skunk (@SmilingPanda19)
    • Team 2: Sleeper ( @TheRavenHasLanded), Alvar ( @Dragonheir), Lusha ( @Spark of Hope), Calum (npc, famous mercenary), Galdorn ( @TwinSouls). and Dint (@SpiritOfWrath)

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Like . . . . I don't know, 95 gold?"

Maybe our ideas for cost are different, but I’m under the impression that that’s absurdly expensive. (It’s about 190 hours of the pay you said was excessive for basic adventuring supplies, if 100 silver is 1 gold. 
If this is intended to be excessive, Alvar says: 

“Forget it. I’m going to a different store, if you think you can rob me.” 

If your idea for cost happens to be a hundred times what I thought, Alvar pays for the potions and poison with one of his two gold (to me. Probably platinum to you.) “Thank you.” 

Let’s say the poison causes nausea in the diluted frozen spikes that Alvar would break off inside his opponents, inhibiting their fighting ability so Alvar can then kill them. In a full dose, it would instead fully incapacitate the drugged person. 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

If your idea for cost happens to be a hundred times what I thought, Alvar pays for the potions and poison with one of his two gold (to me. Probably platinum to you.) “Thank you.” 

Dint shrugged, going with Alvar. Seems expensive anyway. 

"I'll just forage them."

Name: Arranis Reelwiron Galanodel

Race: Alethi

Appearance: Alethi, Bright Blue Eyes

Personality: Happy, Dangerous. All in between

Skills: Melee Weapons, Bow, Knowledge, Blood Magic. New system of magic I have been designing. is not overpowered, and quite balanced I think.

Weapon: Sword/Bow

Background: Came here from his last universe, where he had been a bodyguard.  

Other/favorite food/cool jokes: I am setting this after a book I am writing, in which he is a bodyguard

Updated Slightly

Arranis walks alongside the other people that he had been grouped with. What was the task again? A small voice barely heard, echoes through the back of his mind. I dont know eitherHis mind reels fromt he changes that he had recently made, a shift of universe, and another bodyguard job. Well I do need the money

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

umm so I was thinking more like 10 or 20 silver to a gold, because I'm delusional, but yes it's meant to be fairly expensive.

"Suit yourself, but you won't find better quality elsewhere," The half-orc replied.

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"So where do you work then."

"I'm between jobs right now, obviously. Like I said before, I'm here to get the job."

She shook her head, not expecting him to understand.

8 hours ago, J. Magi said:

umm so I was thinking more like 10 or 20 silver to a gold, because I'm delusional, but yes it's meant to be fairly expensive.

"Suit yourself, but you won't find better quality elsewhere," The half-orc replied.

“If I wanted quality, I’d have asked for quality. You don’t make any cheap potions?” Alvar turns to leave. He could probably afford the potions, but they’re overpriced. He’s got time for one more shop before he has to go back. 
Alvar goes into a second alchemist’s shop. “I’d like a half dozen stabilizer healing potions, one decent one to put someone back on their feet, and a water based injury poison, please.” 

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

“If I wanted quality, I’d have asked for quality. You don’t make any cheap potions?” Alvar turns to leave. He could probably afford the potions, but they’re overpriced. He’s got time for one more shop before he has to go back. 
Alvar goes into a second alchemist’s shop. “I’d like a half dozen stabilizer healing potions, one decent one to put someone back on their feet, and a water based injury poison, please.” 

A hunched over witch runs this one. Her establishment is considerably shoddier.

"That'll be 18 gold and a few silver, I think," She croaked pulling out her ledgers. "Specialized poison is hard to come by . . . what're you usin' it for laddie?"

Edited by J. Magi

16 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Eublech looks down at the ground, not responding, not smiling, just keeping an empty expression.

@J. Magi

Nera realised she might have offended him, and didn't push him further.

"Sooo . . . what was your name again Mr. Elf?"

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

🤭

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Eublech. Eublech Schmartzenberg. And yours is Nera, yes?"

"Yeah, Nice to meet you . . . Eublech." What kind of a mother named their child that? Did she cough and the doctor thought she meant it as his name? 

Just now, J. Magi said:

"Yeah, Nice to meet you . . . Eublech." What kind of a mother named their child that? Did she cough and the doctor thought she meant it as his name? 

I think it's the German word for this accent? ä

9 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Nope. It's literally just the stupidest name I could think of.

He was my first and only DnD characters.

"Nice to meet you too." He knew she was laughing internally about his name. He didn't care. He knew it was elegant and beautiful. 

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Nice to meet you too." He knew she was laughing internally about his name. He didn't care. He knew it was elegant and beautiful. 

it's lovely elan

"So . . . where you from?" Maybe if she knew she could make sense of his . . . strangeness.