I was bouncing around some ideas in my head for an Elsecaller fan character when I made an interesting connection in my head. I've long considered Forgery and Soulcasting to be very similar arts, since in both cases you're explicitly rewriting/persuading an object's Cognitive aspect to become something else using Investiture, transforming that object in the process. What stuck out to me this time though is the inks used to make Forgery work:

The ink used to stamp the seal also has an effect - only fresh, organic inks will function, though they can be mixed with other compounds such as wax. Clear, bright colors are the best. Animal inks are superior to plant-based inks, squid ink being well regarded.[13] Given its relation to Bloodsealing, it is speculated that human blood would be quite potent. It is possible that the suitability of the ink is determined by the original Investiture in the creature. Realmatically, organic objects have higher Investiture than non-organics, and sentient creatures more than non-sentient.[26][13]

Compare that to the two Orders with access to Soulcasting. Lightweavers and Elsecallers are associated with the garnet and zircon polestones, and by extension the essences of blood and tallow (oil), both of which are usable as or in ink for soulstamps.

I've wondered for a long time why Inkspren are, well, Inkspren. Some Order/spren pairings make a certain innate sense; either directly (Peakspren give their radiants power over stone, Ashspren give their radiants the power to turn things to ash through division) or by means of contrast (the Cryptics that embody immutable mathematical principles bond radiants who immerse themselves in fictions and lies). But Inkspren? What does ink have to transporation and transformation, or on reaching your true potential? I have seen some people suggest that they represent written out arguments based on how logical they are, and I can see the merit in that idea, but it still feels like it's missing something. But I think this might be the missing link; not that Inkspren are the spren of soulstamps, but that this idea of ink and blood exist as a throughline between different transformation-type invested arts through the Cosmere. Kind of like how allomantic metals have similar effects when burned as when used in a fabiral or exposed to a wild aether, or how color is drained by both Awakening and shardblade wounds.

What are your thoughts on this line of thinking? Am I maybe on to something here, or am I grasping at straws?