Ghostblood Motive for Mishram

First time posting, thought I'd share my theory about why the Ghostbloods (Thaidakar specifically) might want to capture Mishram.

We know from Mistborn Era 2 that while Kelsier has a body now, he is no longer Mistborn.

Mishram Connected to the singers and provided them with forms of power, and assumedly also allowed the Fused to be reborn. The Fused, obviously, are able to use Investiture.

So, my thought is, does Kelsier want Mishram so she can Connect to him and make him a Fused? He could then be reborn in a singer body and have access to Investiture. If he gets his hand on some lerasium, he could even be Mistborn again.

Are there any other theories about why the Ghostbloods want Mishram so much?

Edited by Lenth
Spelling error.

Hello, welcome to the Shard.

4 hours ago, Lenth said:

Mishram Connected to the singers and provided them with forms of power, and assumedly also allowed the Fused to be reborn

Not at all. Fused were still trapped on Braize when Mishram found a way to grant forms of power to Singers and started the False Desolation without Fused and Voidspren. Fused can reborn today with Mishram being still trapped. Mishram isn't related to Fused in that way.

4 hours ago, Lenth said:

So, my thought is, does Kelsier want Mishram so she can Connect to him and make him a Fused? He could then be reborn in a singer body and have access to Investiture. If he gets his hand on some lerasium, he could even be Mistborn again.

I think that's outside of Mishram's power, or rather Odium wouldn't allow her to make new Fused. We have no idea if Mishram can create a Cognitive Shadow, which Fused is, but she can grant forms of power. So yes, Kelsier might want to have Mishram to grant him some powers (which doesn't make you a Fused), maybe even Allomancy if she plays properly with Connections. 

And Kelsier would not want to become a Fused - they are bound to Odium, filled with his investiture and trapped on Roshar. None of this is attractive at all. He already is a kind of Fused, just without a stable body. Fused are Cognitive Shadows, just like Kelsier is.

4 hours ago, Lenth said:

Are there any other theories about why the Ghostbloods want Mishram so much?

A few, off the top of my head: 

1. Use Mishram's Connection manipulation powers to unkey Stormlight so it can be moved out of Roshar.
  2. Use Mishram's Connection manipulation powers to give forms of power to Ghostbloods.
  3. Use Mishram's Connection manipulation powers to awaken Preservation's fragment in every Scadrian and make everyone a Metalborn.
  4. Use Mishram's Connection manipulation powers to allow Kelsier to leave Scadrial.
  5. Generate Voidlight.

20 hours ago, alder24 said:

A few, off the top of my head: 

1. Use Mishram's Connection manipulation powers to unkey Stormlight so it can be moved out of Roshar.
  2. Use Mishram's Connection manipulation powers to give forms of power to Ghostbloods.
  3. Use Mishram's Connection manipulation powers to awaken Preservation's fragment in every Scadrian and make everyone a Metalborn.
  4. Use Mishram's Connection manipulation powers to allow Kelsier to leave Scadrial.
  5. Generate Voidlight.

I did forget that the False Desolation had no Fused—thank you all for the correction.

Of these theories, I do think Number Five is the most likely. I hope we soon find out more about how difficult it is to unkey Investiture, or what Voidlight and Stormlight could realistically be used for.

We see in one of the preview Interludes that Galladon can use Stormlight for his AonDor, though, so maybe it's easier than we think.