1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"I'm Sharlin," She said, holding her hand out to shake.

His family was hiding in the wild avoid the games and the chaos around them. He has had pretty much zero social life until he ended up as a tribute. 

He shakes her hand and then stands there awkwardly again. He starts surveying the area out of habit, looking for possible dangers

2 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

He shakes her hand and then stands there awkwardly again. He starts surveying the area out of habit, looking for possible dangers

Nearby there is a hill covered in ants.

There is also a strange vine covered in yellow blossoms. It shivers, slowly but surely creeping across the ground towards him.

11 minutes ago, UndiagnosedCrazyBoy said:

Rueben looks towards his attacker as the strike comes down. He doesn’t try to block, accepting his fate. He cocks a smile I wonder how my parents are  he thinks as the rock comes down, striking him dead.

Murr watched as the eyes that met his became empty and dead, the stone crushing the boy's skull with a sickening crunch. Blood darkened the jungle's floor and splattered Murr's bright orange clothing with a frightening contrast.

He finally let himself go, tears streaming from his eyes and nausea overtaking him. He emptied the contents of his stomach a short distance away before collapsing, shaking. His Aviar returned to his shoulder, nipping at his ear. "Sorry, El," he whispered. "I haven't got treats this time."

16 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

A bird flys in from the tree canopy, a letter in its talons. 
Letter:

Reveal hidden contents

Excellent job. Here’s a reward for your effort; this aviar will hide you slightly from attention. 

Are there cannons for deaths in this HG?

In spite of himself he looked up and around, trying to avoid looking right at the broken form on the ground. To his confusion, he saw two Aviar watching him. One must be his... But the other? He saw the letter in its talons, and warily approached it. He read, and pursed his lips. "Okay... I really could have used a weapon." He shuddered violently, remembering the rock in his hand, the impact, the crack of bone. Stop it.

He looked back up at the two birds. El was mostly light blue with patches of yellow on the stomach and wings. The new one was almost pure white, with wingtips and tail feathers fading into gray. "So, you'll help me be hidden? That's something."

What color is Rueben's Aviar?

@UndiagnosedCrazyBoy

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Murr watched as the eyes that met his became empty and dead, the stone crushing the boy's skull with a sickening crunch. Blood darkened the jungle's floor and splattered Murr's bright orange clothing with a frightening contrast.

He finally let himself go, tears streaming from his eyes and nausea overtaking him. He emptied the contents of his stomach a short distance away before collapsing, shaking. His Aviar returned to his shoulder, nipping at his ear. "Sorry, El," he whispered. "I haven't got treats this time."

In spite of himself he looked up and around, trying to avoid looking right at the broken form on the ground. To his confusion, he saw two Aviar watching him. One must be his... But the other? He saw the letter in its talons, and warily approached it. He read, and pursed his lips. "Okay... I really could have used a weapon." He shuddered violently, remembering the rock in his hand, the impact, the crack of bone. Stop it.

He looked back up at the two birds. El was mostly light blue with patches of yellow on the stomach and wings. The new one was almost pure white, with wingtips and tail feathers fading into gray. "So, you'll help me be hidden? That's something."

@UndiagnosedCrazyBoy

There is a loud screech, like that of a nightmaw... nightmaws... hunting. They are far away, but definitely approaching his location.

@UndiagnosedCrazyBoy

Light brownish, think like barn owl colors . Mine also increases physical senses. Do the aviar abilities stack?

2 hours ago, Exotic Almond said:

"Well... ok." Casper takes his side of the boat (the higher ground side) "Pick up that side and know that I'm watching you."

Berin stepped over to pick up the other side of the canoe, making sure to seem slightly clumsy in doing such. “Thank you. I… I don’t want to die…”

4 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

There is a loud screech, like that of a nightmaw... nightmaws... hunting. They are far away, but definitely approaching his location.

Would the new Aviar help him stay hidden by shielding his mind from nightmaws, like in Sixth of the dusk?

The screeches made Murr's heart drop. Immediately he began moving through the jungle, less careful of making noise and more focused on speed, determined to get out of the jungle and to the water. Hopefully the body distracts them.

3 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

A group of Meekers, small mouse-like creatures with a sharp tooth at the front of their mouths, seemed agitated by her presence, but didn't attack her. None of the plants seemed hostile either...yet.

She was able to find a pack and a bow, and a single bright green kayak was left.

The pack contained a machete, a pair of sturdy boots, a medical kit, a water bottle, and some fishing gear.

Maj takes the machete and puts on the boots, leaving the rest for later. He stays on the beach where he can see what’s around himself, and tries to walk across the beach until he can spot a measure of shelter.

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The screeches made Murr's heart drop. Immediately he began moving through the jungle, less careful of making noise and more focused on speed, determined to get out of the jungle and to the water. Hopefully the body distracts them.

I don't think so, didn't it give physical abilities? Unless one of your two aviar does cognitive shielding as its power I do believe you should run very fast.

In the distance the sounds of branches breaking and birds screeching echo.

25 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

alrighty then

Sharlin went back to moving forward through the foliage, counting on Winter to follow.

"If you see anything dangerous looking let me know," She whispered. Hopefully they could make it to another stream by the afternoon and stop to eat.

Sharuel circled above them as they walked.

In the distance the sounds of branches breaking and birds screeching echo.

The original was physical senses, and so was Rueben's. But he also got a new one as a gift that says it will help him avoid notice. I don't know if that just means physically from other players

@Dragonheir

Murr kept moving, trying not to think and just to move. He almost certainly would have died without the two birds that were now circling around him, letting him see and avoid nearby dangers. I shouldn't be too far from the shore...

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

@Dragonheir

Murr kept moving, trying not to think and just to move. He almost certainly would have died without the two birds that were now circling around him, letting him see and avoid nearby dangers. I shouldn't be too far from the shore...

Yeah, it’s mind shielding. 

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Sharlin went back to moving forward through the foliage, counting on Winter to follow.

"If you see anything dangerous looking let me know," She whispered. Hopefully they could make it to another stream by the afternoon and stop to eat.

The vine continues to approach, and sending cognitive waves that fill her with deep despair. 

GM HQ:

Vistari watches with a vicious smile as the vines sneaked closer and closer to Sharlin, following her as she walked. It was designed to fill the mind with emotional pain until the tribute collapsed. Then it would feed.

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

@Dragonheir

I'd say it'd at least keep them away from him if he moves.

They still come though because Rueben didn't have that, just not to him.

Through the leaves he can see the beach.

32 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

@UndiagnosedCrazyBoy

Since no one answered your other question- yes cannons

5 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Okay great

The vine continues to approach, and sending cognitive waves that fill her with deep despair. 

GM HQ:

Vistari watches with a vicious smile as the vines sneaked closer and closer to Sharlin, following her as she walked. It was designed to fill the mind with emotional pain until the tribute collapsed. Then it would feed.

Murr broke out of the jungle, looking to other side for people before making his way to the water. He took another look around the water's edge, hoping for something that he could use to float out in the water.

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

Alright. I was asking because I figured other players might want to have a reaction to there being a first death.

15 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Okay. Look for the ants and that weird vine."

He follow Sharlin, Fawn flitting around nearby.

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the dangers nearby. If she dies then I can take the stuff she has. But she didn't kill me, so I guess I owe her?

His thoughts are disrupted at the sound of the cannon.

"Someone already died?"

I thought this was going to be a long term survival game. If things are going this fast, my skills might be wasted.

After a little while of searching and not finding anything, Aerol and Reef headed back to the beach. The blue kayak was still there, and there were no signs that anyone else had come ashore.

She grabbed the kayak and pulled it behind some trees, where it couldn't be seen by other people on the ocean or beach.

Afterwards, she carefully walked through the jungle again, looking for freshwater.

A cannon sounded in the distance.

Uh oh . . .

Any water on this island?

@The Bookwyrm

Just now, Through The Living Glass said:

After a little while of searching and not finding anything, Aerol and Reef headed back to the beach. The blue kayak was still there, and there were no signs that anyone else had come ashore.

She grabbed the kayak and pulled it behind some trees, where it couldn't be seen by other people on the ocean or beach.

Afterwards, she carefully walked through the jungle again, looking for freshwater.

A cannon sounded in the distance.

Uh oh . . .

@The Bookwyrm

11 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Murr broke out of the jungle, looking to other side for people before making his way to the water. He took another look around the water's edge, hoping for something that he could use to float out in the water.

I'm making it so you saw her hide the kayak

There's your float-out-in-the-water device.

3 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

I believe in you!

Swim!

You have 2 physical abilities aviar!

You'll probably drown, but ya know where's the pain in that?

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

30 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

GM HQ:

OH I THOUGHT THAT WAS FOR ANOTHER GROUP

YOUR NOT KILLING ME WITH VINES A SECOND TIME DUCK BOY

Sharlin.

SHARLIN

SHARLIN THERE'S A MOVING VINE LOOK LOOK I WAS RIGHT! ! ! ! !

"I see it," She grumbled at him, unhappy that she'd missed it up until now.

She felt a wave of despair hit her all of a sudden.

Why was she here?

Why was trying anymore? she'd just die in the end anyway.

There was no point in going on, not without Sharanna here.

14 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

"Okay. Look for the ants and that weird vine."

He follow Sharlin, Fawn flitting around nearby.

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the dangers nearby. If she dies then I can take the stuff she has. But she didn't kill me, so I guess I owe her?

His thoughts are disrupted at the sound of the cannon.

"Someone already died?"

I thought this was going to be a long term survival game. If things are going this fast, my skills might be wasted.

"I'm surprised it took this long, honestly." She said. His words brought her out of the spiral.

She raised her crossbow at the vine and experimentally shot a bolt near where she though it came out of the ground.

Edited by J. Magi

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Sharlin.

SHARLIN

SHARLIN THERE'S A MOVING VINE LOOK LOOK I WAS RIGHT! ! ! ! !

"I see it," She grumbled at him, unhappy that she'd missed it up until now.

She felt a wave of despair hit her all of a sudden.

Why was she here?

Why was trying anymore? she'd just die in the end anyway.

There was no point in going on, not with Sharanna here.

"I'm surprised it took this long, honestly." She said. His words brought her out of the spiral.

She raised her crossbow at the vine and experimentally shot a bolt near where she though it came out of the ground.

It pulled back, the vine falling and convulsing, then going still. 

Other vines began pushing out of the hole, sending stronger dispair. 

GM HQ

Vistari glared at the screen. All part of the games... Interesting how being with others pulls them out of their feelings... tributes will have to be separated, won't they...

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

11 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

It pulled back, the vine falling and convulsing, then going still. 

Other vines began pushing out of the hole, sending stronger dispair. 

GM HQ

Vistari glared at the screen. All part of the games... Interesting how being with others pulls them out of their feelings... tributes will have to be separated, won't they...

You made it worse, idiot.

"What else was I supposed to do?!"

Sharlin grabbed Winter's wrist and started pulling him away at a steady pace. She worried if they started running the vines would pounce, the way a predator might.

"Let's get away, shall we?"

The despair hit her again.

Flashes of silky black hair mixed in blood shot through her vision.

Why did she have to think about this now? It was not the time . . .

She shoved all of her feelings deep down inside, into the little void in her heart where lots of things have gone to die. She

She could deal with feeling sad, she felt sad all the time--she just needed to wait until later. At least that what she told herself as she forced her limbs to move, dragging Winter along.

Uh . . . you okay kiddo?

"Fantastic," Sharlin said with gritted teeth. "Never been better."

@Lord Spirit

Edited by J. Magi