3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Driftwood. 

Logs.

There aren't any kayaks but you could make a raft with vines if you tried hard enough and didn't get killed first.

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

You made it worse, idiot.

"What else was I supposed to do?!"

Sharlin grabbed Winter's wrist and started pulling him away at a steady pace. She worried if they started running the vines would pounce, the way a predator might.

"Let's get away, shall we?"

The despair hit her again.

Flashes of silky black hair mixed in blood shot through her vision.

Why did she have to think about this now? It was not the time . . .

She shoved all of her feelings deep down inside, into the little void in her heart where lots of things have gone to die. She

could deal with feeling sad, she felt sad all the time--she just needed to wait until later. At least that what she told herself as she forced her limbs to move, dragging Winter along.

Uh . . . you okay kiddo?

"Fantastic," Sharlin said with gritted teeth. "Never been better."

@Lord Spirit

The vines lashed out, but were limited in their range. 

They got left in the dust.

As they ran they found themselves in the middle of a clearing. The floor was covered with hundreds of deathant colonies, surrounding them.

And somehow you ran into the middle without dying

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The vines lashed out, but were limited in their range. 

They got left in the dust.

As they ran they found themselves in the middle of a clearing. The floor was covered with hundreds of deathant colonies, surrounding them.

Sharlin used an impressive range of colorful language that is not Shard appropriate.

Wow, even I didn't know some of those.

"There's ants, make sure none of them get on you." She kept dragging Winter, this time carefully stepping towards the edge of the clearing, walking on her toes and avoiding the ant's as best she could.

@Lord Spirit

20 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Your character already travelled between islands?

Yes! 😁

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Primarily worried about the nightmaws, Murr waded into the water, submerging himself for just a moment before moving along the beach with the water at his waist, hoping to leave his scent trail behind.

heheheh that's a myth heheheheh

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Primarily worried about the nightmaws, Murr waded into the water, submerging himself for just a moment before moving along the beach with the water at his waist, hoping to leave his scent trail behind.

The nightmaws screams reach the area where Reuben died. They don't continue to follow him.

5 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The nightmaws screams reach the area where Reuben died. They don't continue to follow him.

After a while waiting without hearing the nightmaws get closer, Murr got out of the water and began moving toward the jungle again. Vomiting had left him dehydrated, and he needed to find fresh water soon before anything else. 

Well, I have two Aviars looking around for me. With any luck...

1 minute ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

After a while waiting without hearing the nightmaws get closer, Murr got out of the water and began moving toward the jungle again. Vomiting had left him dehydrated, and he needed to find fresh water soon before anything else. 

Well, I have two Aviars looking around for me. With any luck...

Small streams of water flowed from out of the jungle toward the ocean.

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Small streams of water flowed from out of the jungle toward the ocean.

He stooped down and used his hands to drink the water. Once he was satisfied, he got some vines from the jungle and went to try and work with the driftwood to get himself to another island, wishing he had any sort of weapon or tool. For now, a broken rock let him cut vines and chip at stray shoots coming off of branches.

Murr felt better having cleaned off and drunk water, but thoughts of what he had done continued to haunt him, and blood still stained his clothes. He distracted himself by working and watching his Aviar fly, and for just a moment he could trick himself into thinking that things were okay.

If someone is near the coast it's possible they could interact if you want. He doesn't necessarily have to kill everyone he sees :P

2 hours ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin stepped over to pick up the other side of the canoe, making sure to seem slightly clumsy in doing such. “Thank you. I… I don’t want to die…”

"Neither do I." Casper looks around paranoidly "Well, if we're gonna be together for a bit, what's your-" He's cut off by the cannon. "Oh, oh no. That was too soon."

Dang, so much happened while I was gone lol.

40 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

"Neither do I." Casper looks around paranoidly "Well, if we're gonna be together for a bit, what's your-" He's cut off by the cannon. "Oh, oh no. That was too soon."

Lol. Me too. 

Berin paled. He didn’t have to fake it. If someone was dead already, then either someone was already killing, or a beast was loose. The next part, however was an act. “I… I w-wonder who it was.” He adopted a sad expression as he carried the vessel.

2 hours ago, J. Magi said:

Sharlin used an impressive range of colorful language that is not Shard appropriate.

Wow, even I didn't know some of those.

"There's ants, make sure none of them get on you." She kept dragging Winter, this time carefully stepping towards the edge of the clearing, walking on her toes and avoiding the ant's as best she could.

@Lord Spirit

This is when I'm glad I have Fawn. hopefully the ants don't notice me.

"I know. I literally warned you about the ants and the vines right before you ran off. We need to be more careful." Winter responds, watching the ground carefully

12 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

The sun slowly nears the horizon, marking the end of the first day. 

The training you were given comes to mind; the dangers of the arena get far worse at night. Creatures like Nightmaws stalk the jungles. 

You had best find safety.

@Unintelligenius @Lord Spirit @TwinSouls @The Stormfather @Through The Living Glass @The Aspiring Archivist @Scars of Hathsin @TheRavenHasLanded @Exotic Almond @J. Magi @SpiritOfWrath

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The training you were given comes to mind; the dangers of the arena get far worse at night. Creatures like Nightmaws stalk the jungles. 

@Unintelligenius @Lord Spirit @TwinSouls @The Stormfather @Through The Living Glass @The Aspiring Archivist @Scars of Hathsin @TheRavenHasLanded @Exotic Almond @J. Magi @SpiritOfWrath

Maj stays on the beach, machete out and trying to calm himself down. Thoughts... thoughts are bad.

He glances around himself warily, pulling the fishing gear out of the backpack.

Does it include a net, and if so, how large of one?

Just now, The Stormfather said:

Maj stays on the beach, machete out and trying to calm himself down. Thoughts... thoughts are bad.

He glances around himself warily, pulling the fishing gear out of the backpack.

It does, but it's not a huge fishing net. More like one that you'd use to land a fish after you'd caught it on a pole - though a pole is part of the equipment in the pack.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Thanks! (Wait by fishing pole do you mean something like modern rods, or a spear?)

Maj sighs, regarding the fishing equipment. Mark's words flared in his mind.

Do what Arc did before me. Take anything you've got, and turn it into a way to fight. A trick. 

Bird chirped lightly on his shoulder.

"Hush!" He silenced the Aviar, looking around in the forest.

I'm not alone out here. I should have taken the kayak to get away from land when the Nightmaws come out.

14 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Varel has woven a hammock from leaves and is fast asleep in a tree near the cornucopia.

17 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"It's getting dark. We don't want to be wandering the forest at night. We don't have enough time or materials to build a shelter. Maybe we should head back towards the shore."

@J. Magi

Edited by Lord Spirit

8 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Maj sighs, regarding the fishing equipment. Mark's words flared in his mind.

Do what Arc did before me. Take anything you've got, and turn it into a way to fight. A trick. 

Bird chirped lightly on his shoulder.

"Hush!" He silenced the Aviar, looking around in the forest.

I'm not alone out here. I should have taken the kayak to get away from land when the Nightmaws come out.

A modern pole.

2 minutes ago, TwinSouls said:

Varel has woven a hammock from leaves and is fast asleep in a tree near the cornucopia.

What's his Aviar type, again?

Mr. Forrest took a final glance at the large monitors covering the walls of the room.

"There," he said to Vistari and Third. "You've had your death. If it's no difference to you, I'd like to continue my observations from my personal office."

He left the monitoring room without waiting for a reply.

@Ancient Elantrian @Dragonheir

Forrest walked the halls, carved from igneous rock, leading to the his personal office and suite. His mind wandered to Pellee and Fifteen, who he hadn't seen since that morning...

Out of curiosity he signaled an Avox aide, which waited in the halls to be called upon.

A barbaric way to create servants...the amount of mental torture required to turn a rebel against the state into a mindless servant...

"When you have a moment, please inform Miss Rozegaze that I would like to have a chat with her. She can contact me from her office. If require clearance to communicate through language, you have my permission to write a single note to bring her."

The servant nodded, then turned and hastily walked away.

Hm.

Forrest continued to his personal office.

@Spark of Hope @SmilingPanda19

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Mr. Forrest took a final glance at the large monitors covering the walls of the room.

"There," he said to Vistari and Third. "You've had your death. If it's no difference to you, I'd like to continue my observations from my personal office."

He left the monitoring room without waiting for a reply.

@Ancient Elantrian @Dragonheir

Forrest walked the halls, carved from igneous rock, leading to the his personal office and suite. His mind wandered to Pellee and Fifteen, who he hadn't seen since that morning...

Out of curiosity he signaled an Avox aide, which waited in the halls to be called upon.

A barbaric way to create servants...the amount of mental torture required to turn a rebel against the state into a mindless servant...

"When you have a moment, please inform Miss Rozegaze that I would like to have a chat with her. She can contact me from her office. If require clearance to communicate through language, you have my permission to write a single note to bring her."

The servant nodded, then turned and hastily walked away.

Hm.

Forrest continued to his personal office.

@Spark of Hope @SmilingPanda19

Mental sensing, but I meant to change it to shielding

(its too late for that… ah well.

lets hope Nightmaws can’t climb trees…)