Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Mr. Forrest took a final glance at the large monitors covering the walls of the room.

"There," he said to Vistari and Third. "You've had your death. If it's no difference to you, I'd like to continue my observations from my personal office."

He left the monitoring room without waiting for a reply.

@Ancient Elantrian @Dragonheir

Forrest walked the halls, carved from igneous rock, leading to the his personal office and suite. His mind wandered to Pellee and Fifteen, who he hadn't seen since that morning...

Out of curiosity he signaled an Avox aide, which waited in the halls to be called upon.

A barbaric way to create servants...the amount of mental torture required to turn a rebel against the state into a mindless servant...

"When you have a moment, please inform Miss Rozegaze that I would like to have a chat with her. She can contact me from her office. If require clearance to communicate through language, you have my permission to write a single note to bring her."

The servant nodded, then turned and hastily walked away.

Hm.

Forrest continued to his personal office.

@Spark of Hope @SmilingPanda19

The Avox found her and handed her the note. She read it and handed it back. 

To the doctor, she instructed, “Do what’s necessary to help. And don’t. Deny me clearance. Again.” She left before Fifteen could protest. 

Once in her office, she prepared the monitor that would allow her to speak to him. “You wanted to speak to me?”

9 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Mr. Forrest took a final glance at the large monitors covering the walls of the room.

"There," he said to Vistari and Third. "You've had your death. If it's no difference to you, I'd like to continue my observations from my personal office."

He left the monitoring room without waiting for a reply.

@Ancient Elantrian @Dragonheir

Forrest walked the halls, carved from igneous rock, leading to the his personal office and suite. His mind wandered to Pellee and Fifteen, who he hadn't seen since that morning...

Out of curiosity he signaled an Avox aide, which waited in the halls to be called upon.

A barbaric way to create servants...the amount of mental torture required to turn a rebel against the state into a mindless servant...

"When you have a moment, please inform Miss Rozegaze that I would like to have a chat with her. She can contact me from her office. If require clearance to communicate through language, you have my permission to write a single note to bring her."

The servant nodded, then turned and hastily walked away.

Hm.

Forrest continued to his personal office.

@Spark of Hope @SmilingPanda19

Maj takes the fishing pole and removes the line and the hook, tying the line between two trees in the jungle. He takes another bit of line and ties it between two trees, low to the ground at ankle height.

Might slow down a nightmaw if one does end up coming after. Might trip, I guess.

He ties as many as the line he has will allow, grudgingly using all of it to form a sort of semi-circle of line tied between trees with the other side of the circle to the beach.

They live in the forest, right?

Murr finished his makeshift raft as the sun set. It wasn't much, but it would float, and he didn't plan on taking it too far away from shore. Just far enough to be out of the jungle for the night, away from nightmaws.

He considered the note that the new Aviar came with. Does that mean mental shielding? He hoped so. With tired effort, he pushed the raft out onto the water, then climbed on and pushed himself away with the most paddle-like stick he could find. It wouldn't steer well, but it could also push him in the shallower parts of the water.

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

He stooped down and used his hands to drink the water. Once he was satisfied, he got some vines from the jungle and went to try and work with the driftwood to get himself to another island, wishing he had any sort of weapon or tool. For now, a broken rock let him cut vines and chip at stray shoots coming off of branches.

Murr felt better having cleaned off and drunk water, but thoughts of what he had done continued to haunt him, and blood still stained his clothes. He distracted himself by working and watching his Aviar fly, and for just a moment he could trick himself into thinking that things were okay.

We are following a stream right now, so we might be able to meet up, if exotic agrees.

Well, didn’t see ur last post. Nvm. 

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

Just now, Lord Spirit said:

Oh yeah, It's a dumb plan, the fishing wire tripwire. Maj doesn't know much about these things. I'm doing my best to stay in character. (Because in Threnodite with someone who knew nothing about shades  I somehow tricked said shades and sicced the shades on a random guy.)

19 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

15 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Almond has… a lot going on rn, guessing he won’t be on for a few hours, maybe 16 ish hours on the long end

52 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The sun slowly nears the horizon, marking the end of the first day. 

The training you were given comes to mind; the dangers of the arena get far worse at night. Creatures like Nightmaws stalk the jungles. 

You had best find safety.

@Unintelligenius @Lord Spirit @TwinSouls @The Stormfather @Through The Living Glass @The Aspiring Archivist @Scars of Hathsin @TheRavenHasLanded @Exotic Almond @J. Magi @SpiritOfWrath

The sun began to set, and Aerol knew she had to find shelter for the night.

She found some dry sand on the beach and dug a wide hole using her hands and the oar. Wide enough for her to lie down in, but not too deep. It was almost completely dark by the time she finished.

She then dragged the kayak with all the supplies over, put the supplies in the hole, lay down in it, and pulled the kayak over the hole.

She heard Reef land on top of the kayak, flapping his wings and settling down on the blue plastic.

Hopefully, with his mental shielding, nothing would find them in the night.

I'm... going to assume Aerol found a source of freshwater since no one answered me 😅

Aaaaand it's night!

ye

4 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

The sun began to set, and Aerol knew she had to find shelter for the night.

She found some dry sand on the beach and dug a wide hole using her hands and the oar. Wide enough for her to lie down in, but not too deep. It was almost completely dark by the time she finished.

She then dragged the kayak with all the supplies over, put the supplies in the hole, lay down in it, and pulled the kayak over the hole.

She heard Reef land on top of the kayak, flapping his wings and settling down on the blue plastic.

Hopefully, with his mental shielding, nothing would find them in the night.

Oh-

Yes. Lots of streams

3 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I say go ahead

I sincerely don’t want to godmod, so imma propose this and see whether it falls into that category.

The two emerged from the jungle, reaching the shore. Just off of it, Berin noticed a second person in a kayak. He widened his eyes. “I guess we’ll have to go out there and meet them, right? We don’t want any beasts after us.”

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

The Avox found her and handed her the note. She read it and handed it back. 

To the doctor, she instructed, “Do what’s necessary to help. And don’t. Deny me clearance. Again.” She left before Fifteen could protest. 

Once in her office, she prepared the monitor that would allow her to speak to him. “You wanted to speak to me?”

"You left fairly early on," Forrest responded, back in his own office. "What's the reason?"

9 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

The two emerged from the jungle, reaching the shore. Just off of it, Berin noticed a second person in a kayak. He widened his eyes. “I guess we’ll have to go out there and meet them, right? We don’t want any beasts after us.”

I think it's probably okay...

Also who's the person in the Kayak you're mentioning? Almond's charachter has the orange kayak, Glass's has the blue...and I forget if I gave the green one to anyone. 

And Glass's character is on a whole different island.

2 hours ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin paled. He didn’t have to fake it. If someone was dead already, then either someone was already killing, or a beast was loose. The next part, however was an act. “I… I w-wonder who it was.” He adopted a sad expression as he carried the vessel.

Casper is surprised by this random tribute's empathy, he assumed everyone else would be battle hardened brutes or something, he sighs "One death is too much already."

1 hour ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

@Exotic Almond

Berin gives the man a look.
“I think we need shelter. Whatever animal is strong enough to survive here must be pretty scary. Maybe we better get back to the beach.”

"That's a good idea. Nighttime will be much worse."

11 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

"We should. More allies is probably best, even if we can't trust each other fully."

Geez, this is probably my busiest day to date, so sorry about that and all.

7 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

Casper is surprised by this random tribute's empathy, he assumed everyone else would be battle hardened brutes or something, he sighs "One death is too much already."

"That's a good idea. Nighttime will be much worse."

"We should. More allies is probably best, even if we can't trust each other fully."

Berin nods, then he calls out once they got in range of the person. “Hello? I…” He chews his lip for his friend’s sake, “Do you want to help us kayak away? Three is better than one, right?”

@The Aspiring Archivist

“Battle hardened”

Haha… just don’t look at my character sheet.

Yeah it’s ok. I’m similarly not gonna be here for much of Saturday, doing hurricane cleanup.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

50 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Not a kayak. A makeshift raft.

30 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin nods, then he calls out once they got in range of the person. “Hello? I…” He chews his lip for his friend’s sake, “Do you want to help us kayak away? Three is better than one, right?”

@The Aspiring Archivist

They noticed that he had two Aviars with him, and a third bird flew a bit nearer to them. 

Murr grit his teeth. I was hoping to be alone tonight. Hopefully they're too far to see the bloodstains... He chose not to answer. He was far enough out that he plausibly might have not heard them.

@Exotic Almond

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist