12 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Death? I should hope there will be more than one.” 

Third, too, watched the tributes. Unlike the animals he’d managed, they had no instincts, no desire to win. 
Third gritted his teeth. He shouldn’t have to do this; he should be their equal, or even superior. That was for later, however - both sulking and revenge. “Vistari, do you think the tributes could use some encouragement? I have some aviar that could do the trick.” 

"Not quite yet. We wait for them to get comfortable. In a rhythm. Then, then we will send in the encouragement." She grinned at him. "And there will be blood."

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Not quite yet. We wait for them to get comfortable. In a rhythm. Then, then we will send in the encouragement." She grinned at him. "And there will be blood."

Murr would super appreciate a weapon or something sometime, by the way :P

Perhaps if he kills again. He did express that wish out loud, for the record

1 minute ago, The Stormfather said:

Maj notices the other tributes in his solitude, calling over to them.

"Stay away! I don't want to fight you."

Murr sighed as El gave him notice of the third tribute on the beach.

1 minute ago, The Stormfather said:

Hhhmmm… you just changed my plans, yes? I don’t think I can take three at once. I’ll have to wait for Exotic.

Berin noticed the man, and suddenly they started to shake their heads. All the more confirmation.

30 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Forrest sighed.

"The Capitol made a mistake bringing him here. They should have utilized his abilities for the construction of the arena and then actually kept him there. There's no need for him here."

“Perhaps.”

23 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

This human game maker was dangerous - but that could be an opportunity. Third smiled back, a too wide grin. “Perhaps hunger will do our work for us; they’ll start to feel it by the morning, I expect. Our first prodding should be a reward announcement.” 

41 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin noticed the man, and suddenly they started to shake their heads. All the more confirmation.

Casper begins looking all around "This isn't good. Too many other people. We should leave. Now."

Sorry all, I had pep band and before that I had to watch a spider sit in a bucket doing nothing for 20 minutes straight (Animal Behavior Lab), I was doing other things too but those are the most interesting.

1 minute ago, Exotic Almond said:

Casper begins looking all around "This isn't good. Too many other people. We should leave. Now."

The blue and yellow Aviar from the raft flew in a bit closer, seeming to watch. 

Murr watched with growing tension. This might not be a friendly meeting.

Worth noting that Murr is far enough that it should take him a fair bit to pull himself back to shore. So he's not as immediate of a threat.

43 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

This human game maker was dangerous - but that could be an opportunity. Third smiled back, a too wide grin. “Perhaps hunger will do our work for us; they’ll start to feel it by the morning, I expect. Our first prodding should be a reward announcement.” 

"What a beautiful announcement." Vistari nods, "And if they go looking for food... I have many a plant with quite the interesting effects."

I'M SORRY I WAS GONE SO LONG

I skipped the last three pages, if anything happened that I need to know tell me

20 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

This is when I'm glad I have Fawn. hopefully the ants don't notice me.

"I know. I literally warned you about the ants and the vines right before you ran off. We need to be more careful." Winter responds, watching the ground carefully

"Those were different ants," She grumbled. "But whatever."

They made it to the edge of the clearing and away from the ant hills. 

20 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The sun slowly nears the horizon, marking the end of the first day. 

The training you were given comes to mind; the dangers of the arena get far worse at night. Creatures like Nightmaws stalk the jungles. 

You had best find safety.

@Unintelligenius @Lord Spirit @TwinSouls @The Stormfather @Through The Living Glass @The Aspiring Archivist @Scars of Hathsin @TheRavenHasLanded @Exotic Almond @J. Magi @SpiritOfWrath

20 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

"It's getting dark. We don't want to be wandering the forest at night. We don't have enough time or materials to build a shelter. Maybe we should head back towards the shore."

@J. Magi

"Will the shore be safer? I'd rather find a cave or something."

guys can the nightmaw thingies climb trees I don't remember.

Edited by J. Magi

Nightmaws are bipedal quadrupeds, standing on powerful back legs that bear most of their weight;[1] they look somewhat similar to feathered dinosaurs or giant birds.[2] They have long necks and would be as tall as a tree if they stood upright, but they instead they lean forward in a predatory posture. Despite their large size, the nightmaws are also very fast. A nightmaw's two clawed forelegs hanging low, tearing up the ground when they move. They have a gruesome head with a razor sharp beak that is as tall as a door. A nightmaw's skin is leathery and bumpy, like a plucked bird.

Straight from the Coppermind

9 hours ago, Exotic Almond said:

Too late. haha. Try to get me into a rhythm, gamemasters.
BTW this hit isn’t guaranteed to hit, you might dodge, or block the oar, etc.

Berin suddenly shoved the kayak into the man, grabbing the oar and raising it high over his face, bringing it downwards. 
They look to the ground, saddened.

@Exotic Almond

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

8 hours ago, J. Magi said:

"Those were different ants," She grumbled. "But whatever."

The made it to the edge of the clearing and away from the ant hills. 

"Will the shore be safer? I'd rather find a cave or something."

“Given that your Aviar doesn’t shield your mind, a cave might be our best bet. There’s probably deepwalkers out there, and one kayak won’t be enough to protect us from them.” Winter said. “Although I haven’t seen any caves yet. Maybe there’s one closer to the mountain.”

He starts walking towards the mountainous part of the island, watching the surrounding environment carefully.

9 hours ago, Exotic Almond said:

"Yeah, that's what you all should do. Leave, and we can at least survive the next few hours."

31 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin suddenly shoved the kayak into the man, grabbing the oar and raising it high over his face, bringing it downwards. 

@Exotic Almond

Are you attacking Maj or Casper?

5 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"Yeah, that's what you all should do. Leave, and we can at least survive the next few hours."

10 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Casper. U stayed back. But Berin never got either of ur names.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

Just now, SpiritOfWrath said:

Thanks for clarifying. Here's Maj's reaction :

Maj gasps in shock as Berin suddenly attacks Casper. He raises his machete threateningly, but doesn't move to attack.

"I bet my machete outmatches your kayak as a weapon, so you'd be careful starting fights around me, kid."

He doesn't really care how old people are he just calls them kid. He's weird like that.

9 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"What a beautiful announcement." Vistari nods, "And if they go looking for food... I have many a plant with quite the interesting effects."

35 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

@Exotic Almond

Third points to the screen. “Maybe they do have instincts after all! We should reward that tribute; less if the other one gets away. Hmmm. Any ideas?” 

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

Third points to the screen. “Maybe they do have instincts after all! We should reward that tribute; less if the other one gets away. Hmmm. Any ideas?” 

"Pointless violence. The reward is the bird. Not this time, no... no rewards." Vistari thinks for a moment. "I have a plant though... one that I do believe is quite interesting..."

2 hours ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

@Exotic Almond

Casper is utterly shocked by this betrayal and his survival instincts kick in, trying to push the kayak off him. The aviar on Casper's shoulder, startled, gives a burst of strength, allowing casper to push the canoe upwards and knock Berin away from him. Casper slowly gets up, holding his machete threateningly.

I dunno if I aviar-ed right but I think this is reasonable?

8 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

Casper is utterly shocked by this betrayal and his survival instincts kick in, trying to push the kayak off him. The aviar on Casper's shoulder, startled, gives a burst of strength, allowing casper to push the canoe upwards and knock Berin away from him. Casper slowly gets up, holding his machete threateningly.

I think that's great!