7 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

Casper can't breathe. In a last ditch effort he hopes for a burst of strength and pushes up with all his might against his restraint.

@Spark of Hope

Yep. You get a burst of strength 

13 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

that doesn't . . . answer whether they can climb trees or not . . . but okay . . .

5 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

“Given that your Aviar doesn’t shield your mind, a cave might be our best bet. There’s probably deepwalkers out there, and one kayak won’t be enough to protect us from them.” Winter said. “Although I haven’t seen any caves yet. Maybe there’s one closer to the mountain.”

He starts walking towards the mountainous part of the island, watching the surrounding environment carefully.

"Yeah, I'd rather not stay on the beach. Aquatic monsters aside, we'll attract other tributes."

She let him take the lead as they tracked upward, watching their back and double checking the ground for ants. 

"I really hate this, honestly. What's the point of a killing game if we all die of weird bugs or depression flowers?" Sharlin ranted quietly as they walked, more to Sharp then Winter. "Honestly. How am I meant to murder people if they're all hiding in the trees, or are miles away on another island? What happened to good old fashioned combat? Dragging it out like this is so stupid . . ."

Aaaand you're back to being creepy again.

"Says the literal ghost."

You were doing so well earlier! When you helped Winter I thought your were starting to have a change of heart.

"Yeah, sorry buddy, it's still the same old me. He just seems useful, that's all." She whispered this, hoping Winter wouldn't hear.

Riiight. It has nothing to do with the fact he reminds you of yourself.

"You have no idea what you're talking about."

Sure.

Sharlin decided to ignore him, focusing her full attention on scanning the landscape between the trees. It was really getting dark now. If they couldn't find a cave, a really tall tree would be nice.

@The Bookwyrm

hi

can we find a cave or something pleeeeease 🥺

Edited by J. Magi

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

"Yeah, I'd rather not stay on the beach. Aquatic monsters aside, we'll attract other tributes."

She let him take the lead as they tracked upward, watching their back and double checking the ground for ants. 

"I really hate this, honestly. What's the point of a killing game if we all die of weird bugs or depression flowers?" Sharlin ranted quietly as they walked, more to Sharp then Winter. "Honestly. How am I meant to murder people if they're all hiding in the trees, or are miles away on another island? What happened to good old fashioned combat? Dragging it out like this is so stupid . . ."

Aaaand you're back to being creepy again.

"Says the literal ghost."

You were doing so well earlier! When you helped Winter I thought your were starting to have a change of heart.

"Yeah, sorry buddy, it's still the same old me. He just seems useful, that's all." She whispered this, hoping Winter wouldn't hear.

Riiight. It has nothing to do with the fact he reminds you of yourself.

"You have no idea what you're talking about."

Sure.

Sharlin decided to ignore him, focusing her full attention on scanning the landscape between the trees. It was really getting dark now. If they couldn't find a cave, a really tall tree would be nice.

@The Bookwyrm

As Sharlin nears the top of that portion of the island, she finds a tight cavity in a rock. It wouldn't be comfortable, but it looks too small for a Nightmaw to get in.

4 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

As Sharlin nears the top of that portion of the island, she finds a tight cavity in a rock. It wouldn't be comfortable, but it looks too small for a Nightmaw to get in.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay thank you wyrmie 💖

"Look, we'll both fit in here, I think," Sharlin said, crouching down to examine a crevice that looked fairly deep.

"It's got pretty good walls and a roof! Better then I could have hoped for." She slid into the cavity, pulling her bag behind her, and settled into the far corner.

@Lord Spirit

32 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Look, we'll both fit in here, I think," Sharlin said, crouching down to examine a crevice that looked fairly deep.

"It's got pretty good walls and a roof! Better then I could have hoped for." She slid into the cavity, pulling her bag behind her, and settled into the far corner.

@Lord Spirit

Nice, safety(ish)

Winter follows and enters the cavity, and settles down to rest. It had been a hard day, and he was tired. He closes his eyes, but doesn't sleep yet. He still doesn't trust Sharlin not to kill him yet. Fawn perchs on a nearby branch.

6 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

Winter follows and enters the cavity, and settles down to rest. It had been a hard day, and he was tired. He closes his eyes, but doesn't sleep yet. He still doesn't trust Sharlin not to kill him yet. Fawn perchs on a nearby branch.

"Want some food?" She pulled out the can of food she'd opened and nibbled at earlier. It was sill fairly full. If they split it they could still fill their stomachs and have a few cans left for later.

Sharuel stayed out of the cave, keeping watch for a bit.

Edited by J. Magi

5 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Are we sure that third isn't KKAAAAaaaAAAaaAAAaAaAA?

I’m confused. 

57 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

that doesn't . . . answer whether they can climb trees or not . . . but okay . . .

I think the point is that they don’t need to. They’re huge, and can just reach up into them.

4 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Pointless violence. The reward is the bird. Not this time, no... no rewards." Vistari thinks for a moment. "I have a plant though... one that I do believe is quite interesting..."

“I wouldn’t say pointless… but listen. We should send a message to that tribute - the one complaining. Sharlin, apparently. Betray her ally for a reward.” 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

“I wouldn’t say pointless… but listen. We should send a message to that tribute - the one complaining. Sharlin, apparently. Betray her ally for a reward.” 

I guess in my mind, jungle trees would still be way taller then them even if they are super tall

but idk I've never been to a jungle.

11 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

"Want some food?" She pulled out the can of food she'd opened and nibbled at earlier. It was sill fairly full. If they split it they could still fill their stomachs and have a few cans left for later.

Sharuel stayed out of the cave, keeping watch for a bit.

"Sure"

Winter hadn't had anything, but he wasn't about to risk angering his only ally by trying to take their resources.

1 minute ago, Lord Spirit said:

"Sure"

Winter hadn't had anything, but he wasn't about to risk angering his only ally by trying to take their resources.

She divided that dark mushy contents in half, eating her portion and the handing him the can with his.

"I think it's beans . . . not that it really tastes good."

I hate beans.

"Why's that?"

They grow on plants, and I hate plants.

"Ah, I see. It must be terribly difficult for your mother to get you to eat your veggies."

Oh ha ha, very funny. Sharp still seemed grumpy about earlier.

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

In spite of himself, Murr continued to see the fight play out. Maybe...

He made an ear-splitting whistle, catching El's attention, before pointing across the water at Berin. She obediently flew toward him, and in some way seemed to understand that this time he wanted more than a distraction. Moving very fast, she swept by his face and scored a cut with her talons, leaving his range just as quickly.

Berin is short, but strong (he had to be in the streets). U can overpower him with the aviar.

BIRD!

Berin sees the bird just before it hit him. He swore. This is what he wanted to avoid - three combatants. He sprang back from the situation, raising his oar in defense against the bird, backing up towards the kayak. He squinted as blood got into his eyes.

@Exotic Almond

1 minute ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin sees the bird just before it hit him. He swore. This is what he wanted to avoid - three combatants. He sprang back from the situation, raising his oar in defense against the bird, backing up towards the kayak. He squinted as blood got into his eyes.

@Exotic Almond

Casper is quick to get up, he runs up close and swings at Berin's head with his machete's hilt, trying to regulate the strength from his aviar so he only knocks Berin out.

4 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

@Exotic Almond

How short? Murr is 4'10" and not particularly strong...

El now stayed well back, perching at the nearest tree and watching him warily.

3 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

As Berin drowns Casper, Maj leaps from behind, calling to Bird for strength, swinging the machete with all of his might.

@SpiritOfWrath

Berin brings up his oar in defense, deflecting the man using the hilt of the blade’s attack in the path of that of the one attacking directly, sidestepping. He kept his eyes on the bird, making sure it didn’t attack again.

@The Aspiring Archivist

@The Stormfather

@Exotic Almond

I’ll have to check his height.

But I’m gonna have to be off (again, for a while.)

1 minute ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin brings up his oar in defense, deflecting the man using the hilt of the blade’s attack in the path of that of the one attacking directly, sidestepping. He kept his eyes on the bird, making sure it didn’t attack again.

@The Aspiring Archivist

@The Stormfather

@Exotic Almond

We should pause the fight then, until you get back.

What're the oars made of

@The Bookwyrm

2 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

@The Aspiring Archivist

@The Stormfather

@Exotic Almond

Ok, we can wait

Edited by Exotic Almond