Just now, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin has latched himself onto Casper at this point, and flips himself underneath Casper, gasping shortly as the pain hit him. He used Casper as a shield, hiding under his larger stature. He had heard the whistle, and was ready for it.

El squawked as she approached and flapped away, seeing that Berin was no longer exposed and nervous of the violent movement.

Murr inched closer to the shore, ready to push back out if need be.

5 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin has latched himself onto Casper at this point, and flips himself underneath Casper, gasping shortly as the pain hit him. He used Casper as a shield, hiding under his larger stature. He had heard the whistle, and was ready for it.

Casper finally seems to give up on holding back. He says "I didn't want to hurt you too badly, I'm sorry Berin." before maneuvering the machete to his side and jabbing it at Berin.

He's basically moving the machete behind himself and jabbing into Berin's side for clarification. Probably wouldn't be too hard bc of leverage but it's still a sharp bladed object. He's also still trying to be non-lethal, he just wants Berin to run away.

Edited by Exotic Almond

Just now, Exotic Almond said:

Casper finally seems to give up on holding back. He says "I didn't want to hurt you too badly, I'm sorry Berin." before maneuvering the machete to his side and jabbing it at Berin.

Berin snarls, pulling the machete closer, as well as trapping *Casper’s* hand. He uses his other hand to claw at *Casper’s* eyes.

Berin snarls, pulling the machete closer, as well as trapping *Casper’s* hand. He uses his other hand to claw at *Casper’s* eyes.

Casper closes his eyes and in a last ditch effort tenses suddenly, using his weight against Berin and just falling on top of him, trapping Berin beneath him.

Wait, he's pulling the machete that's already stabbing at him closer?

14 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

Casper closes his eyes and in a last ditch effort tenses suddenly, using his weight against Berin and just falling on top of him, trapping Berin beneath him.

Berin gives a growl, twist the arm with the machete upwards, after pulling it out, and stabbing up to the heart. He heard a break as the arm gave way.

Dude. U were already completely on top of me. And yes. If ur machete is in my side, u can’t use it. It couldn’t have gone very deep, bc of the weird arm position, and it doesn’t really have a pointed end.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

1 minute ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin gives a growl, twist the arm with the machete upwards, after pulling it out, and stabbing up to the heart. He heard a break as the arm gave way.

Casper gasps as he feels his arm break and then, he feels a piercing pain as he's stabbed in the back. Casper screams out in pain as he has one last burst of adrenal strength and wrenches away from Berin and crawls away only to collapse again in pain.

Oh, I thought we were still standing lol.

How do we wanna determine if anything vital is hit? These are really tight quarters so it would be really hard to be that accurate. I dunno maybe that's just my attachment to Casper coming through. What say you? Then again he's probably dead regardless of where you hit if he can't run.

9 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

Casper gasps as he feels his arm break and then, he feels a piercing pain as he's stabbed in the back. Casper screams out in pain as he has one last burst of adrenal strength and wrenches away from Berin and crawls away only to collapse again in pain.

I’m soorry.

Berin stood, keeping the birds and *Maj* in the corner of his eyes.

”You were a good man. One who should have survived here.”

Berin brings the machete down on *Casper’s* neck.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath
Mixed up the names

8 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Hey, worth mentioning that being "feral" doesn't make him invincible. He took a lot of hits and has now apparently been deeply cut but doesn't seem to react or be affected at all.

1 minute ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin stood, keeping the birds and *Murr* in the corner of his eyes.

”You were a good man. One who should have survived here.”

Berin brings the machete down on *Casper’s* neck.

I won't say I'm not a bit disappointed that I didn't survive longer but all in all It's fine, I think I stretched myself a bit thin with the RPs anyway. Good fight.

The last thing Casper says before he dies is "Hi dad." and then he's gone.

6 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The only cuts I took have been shallow. Two indirectly on my feet, and one sorta shambles onto my side. One claw on my face, though.

Not to say I haven’t been weakened, though. I will feel the effect of this.

But is by no means the fist time I’ve been in a fight like this. 
*wink*

*wink*
Berin grew up on the streets, and killed everyone he ever loved.

Berin looks up towards *Maj*. He held his hand to his side, and stumbles back towards the kayak. He held the machete in his other hand wearily.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

7 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

He dug the machete into his own side, so I'd wager it's not very shallow. And again, basically no reaction. Just be sure you aren't ignoring the effects that attacks would have.

Like one time Casper brought the machete hilt down on Berin's head and there was no response.

13 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin looks up towards *Maj*. He held his hand to his side, and stumbles back towards the kayak. He held the machete in his other hand wearily.

Maj lifts his fishing pole (Which no longer has line on it) and swings it hard at Berin, keeping his machete in his other hand, trying to get Berin away.)

"You, my dear friend, have done something very stupid. Because, you see..."

Maj grins.

"My teacher was an Edgedancer. And. You. Didn't. LISTEN." Maj leaps forwards, machete and fishing pole swinging hard towards the already wounded Berin.

HIs teacher was Mark, my character from cosmere HG. He was part of Mark's old gang and kinda friends with him, and Mark taught him how to actually fight before he got sent into the arena instead of the odd, stupid and mostly destructive way of fighting the rest of the gang used.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but earlier when Maj entered the fight he leapt at you with his machete out while you were drowning Casper, and you didn't really react at all. It's totally fine, but I'd just like it to be known. (I *totally* didn't do the same thing in the threnodite HG like, 5 times.) Also I totally get that this is quite overwhelming to someone if it's your first time in one of these, but just try your best, kay?

Edited by The Stormfather

9 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Maj lifts his fishing pole (Which no longer has line on it) and swings it hard at Berin, keeping his machete in his other hand, trying to get Berin away.)

Maj grins.

"My teacher was an Edgedancer. And. You. Didn't. LISTEN." Maj leaps forwards, machete and fishing pole swinging hard towards the already wounded Berin.

Avenge meeeeeee.... (fading voice)

12 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Maj grins.

I reacted. I threw the oar at you. 

17 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I was clubbed by a machete twice. Neither hit. The first time, he switched to slashing my legs, that’s what hit my feet. The second, I caught it. (I have both superhuman senses and the paranoia of someone out of their mind, so I think I’m allowed one fast reaction) Plus the “pull the machete closer” was more of a make sure the arm was restrained. It did get closer and he is paying for it.

Berin moved the machete he already had up, and blocked the fishing pole.

”I remembered every one of them. They never left me.”

They were silent, now. He could see them. 
Shaking his head, he grabbed the fishing pole and used it to drag *Maj* towards him. He gasped as his wound called, bleeding.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

Shaking his head, he grabbed the fishing pole and used it to drag *Maj* towards him. He gasped as his wound called, bleeding.

Maj, instead of backing away, uses the momentum from getting yanked forward to lunge straight towards Berin's chest with his machete.

1 minute ago, The Stormfather said:

Maj, instead of backing away, uses the momentum from getting yanked forward to lunge straight towards Berin's chest with his machete.

Berin drops to the floor, going under the blade and using his extremely short stature to his advantage. He jabs his bald upwards as *Maj* reaches him.

Berin, in my description of him, is “particularly short”.

I basically just meant he’s a dwarf.

6 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Right, but the only real reaction I saw throughout that was an outburst of pain to being hit in the chest which had no impact on his fighting. The machete to the side, however deep it went, should probably have had a stronger reaction. I'm just making an observation and a suggestion for the future, I could be mistaken.

8 hours ago, Unintelligenius said:

Uh...

No.

Sorry there are so many aviar it's hard to keep track

The vine continues, hoping to consume Evan once he falls asleep. It's cognitive depression wouldn't work, but as long as Evan couldn't fight it would feed.

6 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“I wouldn’t say pointless… but listen. We should send a message to that tribute - the one complaining. Sharlin, apparently. Betray her ally for a reward.” 

"That would be quite fascinating... maybe, however, we could get her to betray her ally without a reward. Make them angry..."

10 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Maj twists to the side, Berin's machete clipping his shoulder. As it does, he uses the momentum to slam his elbow into Berin's already injured side.

Berin screams. He puts his hand to his side, and stumbles away from *Maj*. He picks up the oar he had dropped and uses it to block incoming attacks.

I sleep now.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

58 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

The last thing Casper says before he dies is "Hi dad." and then he's gone.

Murr shuddered as he watched Casper die. Keeping himself fairly distant from the shore, he whistled again, indicating his shoulder. El flew above and settled there. Murr scratched her head lightly, and she cooed. "I can't be letting you get hurt, now can I? Anyway, I don't think there's much of anything you or I can do." He continued to watch as the fight went on.

@The Stormfather @SpiritOfWrath

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist