9 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The vine continues, hoping to consume Evan once he falls asleep. It's cognitive depression wouldn't work, but as long as Evan couldn't fight it would feed.

"That would be quite fascinating... maybe, however, we could get her to betray her ally without a reward. Make them angry..."

“The point is the reward, is it not? The best, the most ruthless, the most cunning are supposed to win. We’re not supposed to manipulate them, we’re supposed to create challenges and rewards; to see which is the strongest, who deserves to survive.” 

59 minutes ago, Exotic Almond said:

I won't say I'm not a bit disappointed that I didn't survive longer but all in all It's fine, I think I stretched myself a bit thin with the RPs anyway. Good fight.

You did good, in submitting to your character losing. Actually being willing to lose is important to make the game fair, and I applaud you for it.
If you want, you could play a wild aviar, with powers of your choice (subject to GM approval). When you can’t do everything at once, the aviar can simply leave. 

18 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“The point is the reward, is it not? The best, the most ruthless, the most cunning are supposed to win. We’re not supposed to manipulate them, we’re supposed to create challenges and rewards; to see which is the strongest, who deserves to survive.” 

That would be interesting. I'll "consider" it. (Hint, my mind went racing with possibilities the moment you mentioned that. ADHD can be a wonder sometimes.)

42 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"I suppose. But ruthlessness often shows in anger."

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The vine continues, hoping to consume Evan once he falls asleep. It's cognitive depression wouldn't work, but as long as Evan couldn't fight it would feed.

"That would be quite fascinating... maybe, however, we could get her to betray her ally without a reward. Make them angry..."

Evan blinks his eyes blearily then shakes his head to try to keep himself awake. Wait, is that a vine... moving? I heard rumors about the arena being weird but I didn't think it would be this weird. Evan tries to swat away the vine as the vine approaches him.

1 hour ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin screams. He puts his hand to his side, and stumbles away from *Maj*. He picks up the oar he had dropped and uses it to block incoming attacks.

Pellee smiled, watching this happen on the monitor. 

~~~

A small object floated down from the sky. 

1 hour ago, Unintelligenius said:

Evan blinks his eyes blearily then shakes his head to try to keep himself awake. Wait, is that a vine... moving? I heard rumors about the arena being weird but I didn't think it would be this weird. Evan tries to swat away the vine as the vine approaches him.

The vine grabs him when he swats it, it's grip tight. It begins to try and drag him down off the tree to be digested below at it's base.

13 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The vine grabs him when he swats it, it's grip tight. It begins to try and drag him down off the tree to be digested below at it's base.

Evan tries to plant his feet and pull back but didn't react fast enough and he can feel himself starting to slip forward. He whistles to Kaz who is perched on a nearby branch and immediately the aviar understands. It quickly flies over and begins to violently peck at the vine, trying to snap it.

2 minutes ago, Unintelligenius said:

Evan tries to plant his feet and pull back but didn't react fast enough and he can feel himself starting to slip forward. He whistles to Kaz who is perched on a nearby branch and immediately the aviar understands. It quickly flies over and begins to violently peck at the vine, trying to snap it.

The vine flinches away, then grabs the aviar's leg, letting go of Evan. He is left with a large red mark on his arm as the aviar is dragged, struggling, to the forest floor. It screeches desperately for help.

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The vine flinches away, then grabs the aviar's leg, letting go of Evan. He is left with a large red mark on his arm as the aviar is dragged, struggling, to the forest floor. It screeches desperately for help.

Evan glances at his arm noticing the red mark, I'm going to have to deal with that later. He hurriedly climbs/jumps to the forest floor and grabs on to Kaz with both hands, holding on tightly.

Just now, Unintelligenius said:

Evan glances at his arm noticing the red mark, I'm going to have to deal with that later. He hurriedly climbs/jumps to the forest floor and grabs on to Kaz with both hands, holding on tightly.

The bird screeches as the vines refuse to relent. They reach a tenuous standstill as the tug of war for the bird continues.

10 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The bird screeches as the vines refuse to relent. They reach a tenuous standstill as the tug of war for the bird continues.

Evan looks for any rocks or sharp objects around him that he could possibly use to cut or snap the vine. Kaz continues to peck at the vine to try to break it.

@Ancient Elantrian

Edited by Unintelligenius
added stuffs

7 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Pellee smiled, watching this happen on the monitor. 

~~~

A small object floated down from the sky. 

Maj sees it, but doesn't react, instead simply kicking the oar that Casper had raised to block him into Casper. (If your holding it out in front of you kinda like a sword, I do a similar thing by swatting it with my machete.)

5 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

@everyone

Murr is floating on a small raft in the water, Maj and Casper are fighting on the beach.

@The Aspiring Archivist

@SpiritOfWrath

5 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Maj sees it, but doesn't react, instead simply kicking the oar that Casper had raised to block him into Casper. (If your holding it out in front of you kinda like a sword, I do a similar thing by swatting it with my machete.)

Murr is floating on a small raft in the water, Maj and Casper are fighting on the beach.

@The Aspiring Archivist

@SpiritOfWrath

Murr continued to pull himself closer to shore, still well out of the way but intent on the falling package. A weapon, maybe? Something. Something I could use to survive.

30 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

@The Aspiring Archivist

@SpiritOfWrath

Casper died, jsyk

41 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Murr continued to pull himself closer to shore, still well out of the way but intent on the falling package. A weapon, maybe? Something. Something I could use to survive.

It’s Berin that’s alive. Also, why does no one listen to me when I say I BACKED UP! Oops wrong quote.

This twist, I say sideways, but it’s more like clockwise or counterclockwise.

Berin looked up to the package in the air, studying it.

He drops the oar, and snatches the leg, and uses his good arm to twist it sideways.

@The Stormfather

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

2 hours ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

He drops the oar, and snatches the leg, and uses his good arm to twist it sideways.

@The Stormfather

Is catching a kick out of the air really plausible when already wounded and having to drop somethign out of your hand?

3 hours ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

@The Stormfather

21 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

… yeah it’s really not. Berin should be struggling a lot more