4 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"Keep the things. How about you take to the water and I'll take the land? Then we can be sure we're far away from each other and don't have to wreck ourselves being paranoid."

“I’d agree to that.” 
Berin nodded, and he could hear one of them sighing in relief. He froze for a second. They never made any sound.

Berin caught the parachute, inspecting the contents whilst keeping an eye on both *Maj* and now *Murr*.

@Spark of Hope

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

Just now, SpiritOfWrath said:

“I’d agree to that.” 
Berin nodded, and he could hear one of them sighing in relief. He froze for a second. They never made any sound.

Berin caught the parachute, inspecting the contents whilst keeping an eye on both *Maj* and now *Murr*.

Bird chirps lightly on Maj's shoulder, bobbing his head.

Maj nods. "You're good at fighting. I'll give you that. But don't think that that makes you a good fighter."

Maj lowers his voice.

"Because I doubt there's a scrap of honor inside that body."

14 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Bird chirps lightly on Maj's shoulder, bobbing his head.

Maj nods. "You're good at fighting. I'll give you that. But don't think that that makes you a good fighter."

Maj lowers his voice.

"Because I doubt there's a scrap of honor inside that body."

“Where I come from, honor gets you killed. It’s not whether or not you are a good fighter, but rather a question of who has the will to survive.”

He says these words, but also feels an emotion. One he hadn’t felt in such a long, long time.

Regret.

I beefed up this post, cuz it was kinda just bones.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

21 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

“I’d agree to that.” 

@Spark of Hope

There is a note inside. 

Not bad.

Under it are six small protein bars. 

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

There is a note inside. 

Not bad.

Under it are six small protein bars. 

Berin sighs. He shouldn’t have expected anything much. He pockets the bars, then shambles to the kayak, keeping his eyes on the others. Once in the kayak, he rows outwards, in a direction diagonal between *Murr* and the shore.

Aha! No nightmaws can get me now!

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

15 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

“Where I come from, honor gets you killed. It’s not whether or not you are a good fighter, but rather a question of who has the will to survive.”

He says these words, but also feels an emotion. One he hadn’t felt in such a long, long time.

Regret.

"You know, its' the people who say things like that. 'Honor will get you killed.' That's... That's the reason we're here. Those people are the ones who put are in this arena."

Maj glares down at Berin.

"You're nothing but one of them. A pawn. A terrible person, shoved into the arena to do terrible things. Even me, a scumbag from the streets and a member of a gang who killed people on the daily, still has more of a moral compass than you. Because even when you are in a place where murder means death..."

Maj pauses, thinking.

"Even if being honorable means that you will die, or get you killed, there is never a place where honor will leave you awake at night, horrified of what you've done. Leave you in tears, screaming about someone you shouldn't of killed."

Wait...I've done this monologue before...Welp, time for some changes so I don't sound too much like Mark.

"I assume, from what you're saying, that you have killed someone. Probably a few people. I know for a fact you killed Casper in cold blood."

Maj's eyes flash with anger, rage, even.

"But it's people like you who made the world like this! It would be better to die being honorable than to survive as a murdurer."

Maj looks up at the sky for a moment, though wary of Berin, and looks back, thoughtful.

"Though it isn't the killing that makes the difference. I know several good people who've also killed more people than I know names of. It's in killing the innocent, the just, the honorable, where you sacrifice all honor left inside you and leave the world a worse place."

"I've done things I'm not proud of. I killed. But even my gang, even us, the Steeles, seemingly some of the worst people always did it for a purpose. We burned, killed, destroyed, but once our old leaders were gone, once we threw them off, we were good people."

Bird chirps encouragingly.

"In a world where honor gets you killed, then it is up to you to whether or not you're going to be the one who stands up, gets killed, but does it for a purpose, and accomplsihes something before they die, or one of the people who lays down and accepts their fate, going along with the killing, the destruction, the terrible things that they make you do to survive."

Survive.

The word echoed through Maj's mind.

"In a world with death around every corner, being the one to die isn't something to run from."

Maj stops, lowering his voice to a whisper barely audible to Berin.

"It's something to fight."

Survive.

Survive.

Survive.

but only as yourself.

I didn't think I'd be monologuing this early. Well, I think my posts need to shorten a bit.

13 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"You know, its' the people who say things like that. 'Honor will get you killed.' That's... That's the reason we're here. Those people are the ones who put are in this arena."

Maj glares down at Berin.

"You're nothing but one of them. A pawn. A terrible person, shoved into the arena to do terrible things. Even me, a scumbag from the streets and a member of a gang who killed people on the daily, still has more of a moral compass than you. Because even when you are in a place where murder means death..."

Maj pauses, thinking.

"Even if being honorable means that you will die, or get you killed, there is never a place where honor will leave you awake at night, horrified of what you've done. Leave you in tears, screaming about someone you shouldn't of killed."

"I assume, from what you're saying, that you have killed someone. Probably a few people. I know for a fact you killed Casper in cold blood."

Maj's eyes flash with anger, rage, even.

"But it's people like you who made the world like this! It would be better to die being honorable than to survive as a murdurer."

Maj looks up at the sky for a moment, though wary of Berin, and looks back, thoughtful.

"Though it isn't the killing that makes the difference. I know several good people who've also killed more people than I know names of. It's in killing the innocent, the just, the honorable, where you sacrifice all honor left inside you and leave the world a worse place."

"I've done things I'm not proud of. I killed. But even my gang, even us, the Steeles, seemingly some of the worst people always did it for a purpose. We burned, killed, destroyed, but once our old leaders were gone, once we threw them off, we were good people."

Bird chirps encouragingly.

"In a world where honor gets you killed, then it is up to you to whether or not you're going to be the one who stands up, gets killed, but does it for a purpose, and accomplsihes something before they die, or one of the people who lays down and accepts their fate, going along with the killing, the destruction, the terrible things that they make you do to survive."

Survive.

The word echoed through Maj's mind.

"In a world with death around every corner, being the one to die isn't something to run from."

Maj stops, lowering his voice to a whisper barely audible to Berin.

"It's something to fight."

Survive.

Survive.

Survive.

but only as yourself.

I also didn’t think I would hear one of my hallucinations this early. Also, if u get a monologue, I think I deserve one, albeit shorter

Berin heard the swords as he rowed away. They seemed to make the pain flash stronger. 

Berin grit his teeth and ignored them. He didn’t know what it was like to look into the eyes of his mother, his father, his friends… and see utter betrayal. He didn’t know what it was like to desperately stab the knife deeper into those who trusted him. To see everything in shades of survival, every off word a betrayal.

He had killed them all. Even the nobleman who had taken him in, completely ignorant of his past.

The nobleman never fully gained his trust. He had taken Berin in, and received death because of it. 

Berin gasped, filled by a sharp intake of breath. He clutched at his chest, the memories overwhelming, enough for him to forget the physical pain.

Berin straightened, placing the memories in the darkest part of his brain, and rowing forwards until out of sight of shore.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

As Berin paddles off, Maj mutters, low enough that he can't hear.

"May the blood of thine enemies run against open air, and may thine ally's blood rest unspilt." He says, an old saying that the Steeles had picked up, and added too.

"And may glory rule yourself, and death take hold over the opposition."

"To blood and strife."

He had never really liked the ending of the Steeles' mantra, but it felt odd to his to say it incompletely. Bird chirped slightly, although the meaning was completely unknown to Maj.

"Alright, Bird. Fly up above the trees, and if you spot any danger, chirp twice when you come back."

Bird pecks Maj's shoulder lightly.

"Fly, Bird." 

Bird spreads his wings, preparing to fly. Then he pecks his shoulder, lightly, and against the pad on his shoulder it doesn't really do anything.

"Bird, could you like...be...useful..."

I couldn't think of a name at the start so I just decided that the bird's name should be Bird.

1 minute ago, The Stormfather said:

As Berin paddles off, Maj mutters, low enough that he can't hear.

"May the blood of thine enemies run against open air, and may thine ally's blood rest unspilt." He says, an old saying that the Steeles had picked up, and added too.

"And may glory rule yourself, and death take hold over the opposition."

"To blood and strife."

He had never really liked the ending of the Steeles' mantra, but it felt odd to his to say it incompletely. Bird chirped slightly, although the meaning was completely unknown to Maj.

"Alright, Bird. Fly up above the trees, and if you spot any danger, chirp twice when you come back."

Bird pecks Maj's shoulder lightly.

"Fly, Bird." 

Bird spreads his wings, preparing to fly. Then he pecks his shoulder, lightly, and against the pad on his shoulder it doesn't really do anything.

"Bird, could you like...be...useful..."

Mine is named Madness. Hehe.

2 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

Vistari watched the people on the beach, and pressed a button. "Send in the Greenspine..." She said, grinning.

b2fed38c-064f-493a-893b-9c6e8b222495_text.gif.ee272494e59440e8a721145f759deb07.gif

Go my friend

6 hours ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin watched *Murr* approach with the kick. He dropped the oar whilst sidestepping, and used his free hand - his other still clutching his side - to punch him. He was short, so he couldn’t reach any… respectable target. 
 @The Stormfather

What? Murr isn't in the fight 

23 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

English, too.

"I'm tired."

Also Rye it took me a second to realize what you said

VERDANT SPORT EATER REDSPINE???

ARE YOU CRAZY???

THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING😂

44 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Vistari watched the people on the beach, and pressed a button. "Send in the Greenspine..." She said, grinning.

A distorted underwater roar sounded deep beneath Berin, causing his boat to shake and vibrate. If he looked beneath the surface, he could see a large, green-ish blue, draconic sea monster, the size of a school bus, swimming up from the depths and straight towards him.

@SpiritOfWrath

The Greenspine can go on land, too, but is a lot clumsier and slower. However, it can only use its spores above the surface, because underwater, well... It would just explode. Good luck!