8 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

A distorted underwater roar sounded deep beneath Berin, causing his boat to shake and vibrate. If he looked beneath the surface, he could see a large, green-ish blue, draconic sea monster, the size of a school bus, swimming up from the depths and straight towards him.

@SpiritOfWrath

Berin, hearing a roar, immediately stopped rowing. He took one of his protein bars and chucked it out as far from him as possible, in the direction of the shore where *Murr* was, in an effort to distract the beast.

He should have known that they wouldn’t let him off easy.

Why me… also, yes I did mix up the names before, but now I am talking about Murr.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

9 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Vistari watched the people on the beach, and pressed a button. "Send in the Greenspine..." She said, grinning.

“The what?” Third says, a little shrill. “I did watch clips of the last games. Does that have anything to do with-“ 

9 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

A distorted underwater roar sounded deep beneath Berin, causing his boat to shake and vibrate. If he looked beneath the surface, he could see a large, green-ish blue, draconic sea monster, the size of a school bus, swimming up from the depths and straight towards him.

Third is filled with a primal fear. Somehow he knows that if he came anywhere near this thing, it would kill him even faster than it would kill an ordinary person. He decides to cover it with bluster. “Am I not the wildlife coordinator? Is that not wildlife? Unless you are trying to take over my job, I should have been consulted in this.” 

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“The what?” Third says, a little shrill. “I did watch clips of the last games. Does that have anything to do with-“ 

Third is filled with a primal fear. Somehow he knows that if he came anywhere near this thing, it would kill him even faster than it would kill an ordinary person. He decides to cover it with bluster. “Am I not the wildlife coordinator? Is that not wildlife? Unless you are trying to take over my job, I should have been consulted in this.” 

You should kill it.

Maj notices the shadow under the water, eyes widening in fear.

Can't go into the forest, because of the Nightmaws. Can't stay here, near that thing. Where can I go?

Maj stands still, slowly turning his head to look behind him, trying to move and think the least amount possible.

Bird, if the Nightmaws come for me, I'm going to need a burst of strength like...immediately.

1 hour ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin, hearing a roar, immediately stopped rowing. He took one of his protein bars and chucked it out as far from him as possible, in the direction of the shore where *Murr* was, in an effort to distract the beast.

He should have known that they wouldn’t let him off easy.

The protein bar, plopping into the water near shore, has no effect on the Greenspine. It continues rising towards Berin. 

2 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

“It has plants on its back, that’s my area. Oh, poor thing, were you not informed?” She made a fake pout at him.

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“It has plants on its back, that’s my area. Oh, poor thing, were you not informed?” She made a fake pout at him.

“No, I was not informed. That thing will destroy my system. It’s an apex predator, and imagine what would happen if it bred with the ordinary deepwalkers. What is that thing even capable of? Does it shut down aviar?” 

@The Bookwyrm @SmilingPanda19

Pellee rose from her chair.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm returning to the medical wing." She cut the video and left her office, once again putting in an earpiece and taking a pad with her.

1 minute ago, TwinSouls said:

Varel wakes up

The moon and stars hung in the sky. A deep cry echoed through the island.

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

@The Bookwyrm @SmilingPanda19

Pellee rose from her chair.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm returning to the medical wing." She cut the video and left her office, once again putting in an earpiece and taking a pad with her.

The moon and stars hung in the sky. A deep cry echoed through the island.

“Y’know what, I think I might just stay here…” Varel says to himself, hearing the beast.

He climbs down, ripping some vines that look safe enough and starts setting up some traps.

Edited by TwinSouls

2 hours ago, BlueWildRye said:

The protein bar, plopping into the water near shore, has no effect on the Greenspine. It continues rising towards Berin. 

Berin swore. What could he do here? As it approached, he took off his shirt and bound it round his waist in an effort to quell the bleeding. He tensed,  climbing on the side of the ship closest the monster, preparing himself. 

Edited by SpiritOfWrath
Typos

2 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Maj, standing on the beach, looks out to Murr.

"Do you want to make a team? It seems like you might need some help, if that monster starts going for you after Berin."

@The Aspiring Archivist

Sorry, could you give me a recap of what happened in the fight and what's happening now?

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Me and Maj came to a stalemate, and agreed to end the conflict so that nightmaws didn’t get us both. I took the kayak, Maj hasn’t been able to scout. You heard a very loud roar from the water, and might see a shadow under the water going for me.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Berin killed Casper and took his things. He's now being chased by a semi aquatic creature called Perry the platypus- I mean the Greenspine

6 hours ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Murr saw the form under the water and cursed.

9 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

Maj, standing on the beach, looks out to Murr.

"Do you want to make a team? It seems like you might need some help, if that monster starts going for you after Berin."

@The Aspiring Archivist

"Uh... Okay!" Murr called, still a fair distance out on the water. He started pulling himself closer. I need to be back on shore. Hopefully this doesn't become a fight. 

@The Stormfather

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

6 hours ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin swore. What could he do here? As it approached, he took off his shirt and bound it round his waist in an effort to quell the bleeding. He tensed,  climbing on the side of the ship closest the monster, preparing himself. 

The Greenspine surfaced right below the boat, breaking it in half instantly.

Since you're on now I'll give you some time to say what you do before I continue.

2 minutes ago, BlueWildRye said:

The Greenspine surfaced right below the boat, breaking it in half instantly.

Berin immediately, when he saw it begin to surface, jumped and grabbed onto the back of the creature.
Gritting his teeth at the pain, he crawled up the plants on its back to the front of the creature, and drove his elbow into its eye.

Just now, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin immediately, when he saw it begin to surface, jumped and grabbed onto the back of the creature.
Gritting his teeth at the pain, he crawled up the plants on its back to the front of the creature, and drove his elbow into its eye.

There are also spines all over its back.

The Greenspine roared, and a moment later it was back underwater, trying to drag Berin under.

1 minute ago, BlueWildRye said:

The Greenspine roared, and a moment later it was back underwater, trying to drag Berin under.

Spines like owwy I just cut myself? Well I’m staying on the plants mushy side, then. Also, warning. Gruesome.

Berin took a breath before he was submerged, keeping a tight grip on the beast. If he let go, it didn’t matter that he got air. The beast would kill him.

He drove his hand under the eye, attempting to claw it out. 

1 minute ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin took a breath before he was submerged, keeping a tight grip on the beast. If he let go, it didn’t matter that he got air. The beast would kill him.

He drove his hand under the eye, attempting to claw it out. 

The Greenspine's scaly eyelid closed before he was able to try that. It continued swimming downwards.

1 minute ago, BlueWildRye said:

The Greenspine's scaly eyelid closed before he was able to try that. It continued swimming downwards.

Berin studied the back of the beast. As a desperate measure, he pulled one of the scales on its back up and stuck his fingers in the gap between scale and flesh, hoping to disturb raw flesh.

1 minute ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin studied the back of the beast. As a desperate measure, he pulled one of the scales on its back up and stuck his fingers in the gap between scale and flesh, hoping to disturb raw flesh.

A booming underwater roar came the Greenspine's response. The spike shot out like a bullet, straight at Berin, and the Greenspine's blood clouded the water.