10 hours ago, Unintelligenius said:

Evan looks for any rocks or sharp objects around him that he could possibly use to cut or snap the vine. Kaz continues to peck at the vine to try to break it.

@Ancient Elantrian

The vine, taking a lot of damage from the bird, shrinks back into it's hole.

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The vine, taking a lot of damage from the bird, shrinks back into it's hole.

Evan sighs in relief ruffling Kaz feathers and patting him on the head. He knew if he feel asleep in the tree then the vine could attack him while he slept, and he couldn't go out on the beach or he would be to out in the open. Or could he?Thankfully I have a bird to shield my mind right now. Evan finally came to a decision. He made his way deeper into the jungle, moving towards the more mountainous part of the island, hoping to find rocky areas where vicious plants wouldn't be present.

3 minutes ago, Unintelligenius said:

Evan sighs in relief ruffling Kaz feathers and patting him on the head. He knew if he feel asleep in the tree then the vine could attack him while he slept, and he couldn't go out on the beach or he would be to out in the open. Or could he?Thankfully I have a bird to shield my mind right now. Evan finally came to a decision. He made his way deeper into the jungle, moving towards the more mountainous part of the island, hoping to find rocky areas where vicious plants wouldn't be present.

As he moves north he the ground becomes more rocky, until he finds himself facing a cliff, sticking 30 feet out of the ground. In order to continue he'll have to climb.

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Dude. I’m a good distance from Murr, and he’s kicking my oar, not me (He might also be kicking into me, but then he’s entirely too close and I would have had opportunity to do smt else, like punch him in the face). So either he’s kicking whilst running, giving me large reaction time, enough to accurately predict the position of the foot and catch it with ease (basically catching it by putting his good hand behind the foot and catching on)

Either that, or he’s going over to where I am, stopping, tensing, and then finally kicking. That’s a good amount of reaction time.

It would be easy to do this without a wound, and difficult with one. Good thing Berin has increased senses… he’s able to see the tension and predict even more efficiently!

If you want to hear it, just imagine that my other hand is currently clutching my side. I haven’t had time to pose significant blood.

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

5 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

As he moves north he the ground becomes more rocky, until he finds himself facing a cliff, sticking 30 feet out of the ground. In order to continue he'll have to climb.

Well, as the great philosopher Evangelical Evagenius said, the only way forward is upward Evan thinks as he begins to climb up the cliff. He had some experience climbing, but that was mostly climbing homes and buildings while working in the underground. Hopefully I can find some kind of shelter at the top he thinks to himself.

2 minutes ago, Unintelligenius said:

Well, as the great philosopher Evangelical Evagenius said, the only way forward is upward Evan thinks as he begins to climb up the cliff. He had some experience climbing, but that was mostly climbing homes and buildings while working in the underground. Hopefully I can find some kind of shelter at the top he thinks to himself.

As he climbs a soft hum, a buzzing noise, comes from his left, getting louder as he goes up.

25 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

As he climbs a soft hum, a buzzing noise, comes from his left, getting louder as he goes up.

Evan decides to momentarily stop climbing. He looks around for any crevices in the cliff side that he could use as shelter. A hole in the side of the cliff would keep him safe from predators. Hopefully...

2 minutes ago, Unintelligenius said:

Evan decides to momentarily stop climbing. He looks around for any crevices in the cliff side that he could use as shelter. A hole in the side of the cliff would keep him safe from predators. Hopefully...

He finds a small cave. The buzzing is loud, and seems to be coming from inside of it. A bee flies out of the cave, landing on a bloodred flower and doing its bee stuff. 

Pollenating?

Nectar-licking?

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

11 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

He finds a small cave. The buzzing is loud, and seems to be coming from inside of it. A bee flies out of the cave, landing on a bloodred flower and doing its bee stuff. 

Evan decides to leave the bees and suspicious blood red flower behind and continues climbing. Best not to mess with anything that looked dangerous, after his interactions with the evil vine.

8 minutes ago, Unintelligenius said:

Evan decides to leave the bees and suspicious blood red flower behind and continues climbing. Best not to mess with anything that looked dangerous, after his interactions with the evil vine.

Grr

Why are you smart

They leave him alone, and soon enough he reaches another crack in the rock, this one smaller but uninhabited. It'd be a tight fit but he could squeeze inside of it.

56 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

They leave him alone, and soon enough he reaches another crack in the rock, this one smaller but uninhabited. It'd be a tight fit but he could squeeze inside of it.

He squeezes into the crack and lets out a sigh of relief. He wouldn't sleep just yet he had to watch and make sure there weren't any predators lurking around.

5 minutes ago, Unintelligenius said:

He squeezes into the crack and lets out a sigh of relief. He wouldn't sleep just yet he had to watch and make sure there weren't any predators lurking around.

The jungle was silent around him. Foliage rustled in the distant. Birds chirped. Nothing approached. 

3 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The jungle was silent around him. Foliage rustled in the distant. Birds chirped. Nothing approached. 

yeepee! hopefully he doesn't get eaten by a flower while he sleeps.

Evan let himself fall into a light sleep, hoping Kaz, who was sitting at the edge of the crack, would wake him if anything approached.

Just now, Unintelligenius said:

Evan let himself fall into a light sleep, hoping Kaz, who was sitting at the edge of the crack, would wake him if anything approached.

Nah, I've pestered you enough.

Get your rest.

Vistari watched Evan with fascination. He seemed smart and strong, she appreciated his talent. She couldn't wait for him to fight someone. 

5 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Do you want me to change it to a less taxing, more believable, maneuver? If so, I have it here.

Berin watched *Murr* approach with the kick. He dropped the oar whilst sidestepping, and used his free hand - his other still clutching his side - to punch him. He was short, so he couldn’t reach any… respectable target. 
 @The Stormfather

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

2 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin watched *Murr* approach with the kick. He dropped the oar whilst sidestepping, and used his free hand - his other still clutching his side - to punch him. He was short, so he couldn’t reach any… respectable target. 
 @The Stormfather

That's better than it was. Just try not to be too OP

4 hours ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Thank you. (You are so much more reasonable than most people on the internet.)

Maj takes the punch, continuing forwards, swinging his machete, this time aiming low.

Basically trying to get you to move around a lot and move your wound. Won't do much. Maj is just being careful.

27 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Maj takes the punch, continuing forwards, swinging his machete, this time aiming low.

Berin steps closer, to the effect that *Maj’s* arm hit Berin instead of the blade. Berin shifted the elbow of his bad hand to block it, then punched again with his taken hand.

I just realize I’ve been mixing up the names again. 

*quiet weeping*

Edited by SpiritOfWrath

9 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Berin steps closer, to the effect that *Maj’s* arm hit Berin instead of the blade. Berin shifted the elbow of his bad hand to block it, then punched again with his taken hand.

Maj takes the punch again, this time groaning in pain but still standing.

Maj, now in close quarters, growls.

"You know, if you had chosen not to fight, you might have survived. Whoever wins, the other is still dead. The Nightmaws will kill us if we don't find shelter soon. So either you get us both killed for nothing, or you should stop fighting and let us survive."

Maj steps back, but his machete is still at the ready in case Berin attacks again.

23 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Maj takes the punch again, this time groaning in pain but still standing.

Maj, now in close quarters, growls.

"You know, if you had chosen not to fight, you might have survived. Whoever wins, the other is still dead. The Nightmaws will kill us if we don't find shelter soon. So either you get us both killed for nothing, or you should stop fighting and let us survive."

Maj steps back, but his machete is still at the ready in case Berin attacks again.

“I didn’t like the odds. I’ve only done a three to one once, and at that time we were equally armed.”

Berin checks the position of the prarachute, as well as the raft. He snarls. 
“Fine. We’ll part ways. But let me have the kayak and the parachute, or I will keep you here as long as possible.”

Berin straightens, but stays alert.

So sad.

14 minutes ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

“I didn’t like the odds. I’ve only done a three to one once, and at that time we were equally armed.”

Berin checks the position of the prarachute, as well as the raft. He snarls. 
“Fine. We’ll part ways. But let me have the kayak and the parachute, or I will keep you here as long as possible.”

Berin straightens, but stays alert.

"Keep the things. How about you take to the water and I'll take the land? Then we can be sure we're far away from each other and don't have to wreck ourselves being paranoid."