1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

Third seems to materialize behind Vistari. “Would you like me to help?” 

Forrest eyes the two of them. "Be patient. We're less than an hour in." 

@Ancient Elantrian

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

After several minutes of walking, Sharlin stopped on the beach and sat down.

There wasn't anyone around at the moment, so it was probably safe.

She pulled off her bag, and started digging around in it. She pulled out the crossbow and bolts she'd thrown in their, and carefully set them on the grass.

You definitely should've grabbed a close-range weapon.

"I know, I already realized that . . . I'm not a complete idiot."

She turned back to the bag. assessing it's contents.

@The Bookwyrm

There was a change of clothes that would camouflage better in the jungles of the arena, a small knife, medical supplies, and a few days worth of food.

16 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Greedy greedy

Hey, I'll take what I can get.

6 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

A line of rough waves marked where the barrier reef separated the bay from the rest of the ocean.

Hmm. That's a little sketchy.

She stopped a little bit before the reef, floating in the gentle waves. If I weren't so on edge, this would actually be quiet peaceful.

She opened one of the packs and started rifling through it before she set off.

My Aviar has the mental shielding ability; that'll protect me from any mental-sensing creatures in the deeper ocean, right?

@The Bookwyrm

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

“I suppose you’re right. We’ll see if anyone is actually willing to win, first.” 

Just now, Through The Living Glass said:

My Aviar has the mental shielding ability; that'll protect me from any mental-sensing creatures in the deeper ocean, right?

Yeah, it will. 

A line of rough waves marked where the barrier reef separated the bay from the rest of the ocean.

Soorry. Clarification in order. I’m not doing this in one turn (move, action?). I’ve basically just started patrolling around.

Seeing the birds, Berin begins to seek shelter. These birds wouldn’t be here if they weren’t expecting something. They can’t be carrion, or they wouldn’t expect anything of a clean, monitored environment. I need to divert their attention. 
Berin finds the nearest tribute, careful to reign in his emotion.

1 minute ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Hmm. That's a little sketchy.

She stopped a little bit before the reef, floating in the gentle waves. If I weren't so on edge, this would actually be quiet peaceful.

She opened one of the packs and started rifling through it before she set off.

@The Bookwyrm

Yep. As long as you don't signal yourself in any other ways.

There's a small knife, some gear for building traps, a medical kit, and some food.

1 minute ago, SpiritOfWrath said:

Seeing the birds, Berin begins to seek shelter. These birds wouldn’t be here if they weren’t expecting something. They can’t be carrion, or they wouldn’t expect anything of a clean, monitored environment. I need to divert their attention. 
Berin finds the nearest tribute, careful to reign in his emotion.

You're in the jungle, right?

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

@Ancient Elantrian

There was a change of clothes that would camouflage better in the jungles of the arena, a small knife, medical supplies, and a few days worth of food.

"A knife!" She said, holding it up. "We really lucked out with this."

More like a toothpick.

"It's better then nothing!"

She glanced around one more time to double check that she was alone.

"Look away, I'm gonna change now."

Alright sure.

Sharlin waited a few good minutes, because she couldn't actually tell if he'd turned or stopped looking or whatever. Then, she quickly pulled off her jumpsuit and changed into the camo outfit.

"I'm all done." Sharuel landed on her shoulder and trilled.

Very fashionable.

"Thanks!" She repacked her stuff in the bag, keeping her crossbow out and ready this time. She shoved a few extra bolts in the waistband of her new pants.

"Shall we try the jungle now?"

Do we haaave too? I hate plants . . .

"What else are we going to do? Sit on the beach all day and wait for someone to join the party?

That sounds nice, actually.

She shook her head and went up to the tree line again. Starring inside and looking for any immediate dangers.

Just now, J. Magi said:

"A knife!" She said, holding it up. "We really lucked out with this."

More like a toothpick.

"It's better then nothing!"

She glanced around one more time to double check that she was alone.

"Look away, I'm gonna change now."

Alright sure.

Sharlin waited a few good minutes, because she couldn't actually tell if he'd turned or stopped looking or whatever. Then, she quickly pulled off her jumpsuit and changed into the camo outfit.

"I'm all done." Sharuel landed on her shoulder and trilled.

Very fashionable.

"Thanks!" She repacked her stuff in the bag, keeping her crossbow out and ready this time. She shoved a few extra bolts in the waistband of her new pants.

"Shall we try the jungle now?"

Do we haaave too? I hate plants . . .

"What else are we going to do? Sit on the beach all day and wait for someone to join the party?

That sounds nice, actually.

She shook her head and went up to the tree line again. Starring inside and looking for any immediate dangers.

Her attentiveness pays off, as a nest of deathants lies directly in the path she'd chosen. A single bite from one of them would kill her.

If she continued to pay attention, she'd notice a freshwater stream coming from deeper in the jungle, running towards the ocean.

There's a small knife, some gear for building traps, a medical kit, and some food.

*gasp* building things?! 😀

Is there a specific kind of gear you have in mind or can I just be creative to a certain extent?

"Another knife, food," she mumbled. ". . . a med kit, nice!"

Her Aviar squawked and stuck it's head in the pack, curious.

She moved him carefully out of the way and closed the first pack, opening the second.

@The Bookwyrm

Just now, The Bookwyrm said:

Her attentiveness pays off, as a nest of deathants lies directly in the path she'd chosen. A single bite from one of them would kill her.

If she continued to pay attention, she'd notice a freshwater stream coming from deeper in the jungle, running towards the ocean.

Oooo water, that's handy.

"I don't like the look of those bugs though . . ." She gave them a wide berth as she stepped into the jungle for the first time.

Sharlin knelt by the stream when she got to it.

"Running water is usually fine to drink, right?"

It looks clean to me.

Hesitantly, she poked her finger in, and then licked it. If it was toxic or something the damage would be minimal.

hmm, did the medical supplies or food come in a container she should use to carry water?

"Another knife, food," she mumbled. ". . . a med kit, nice!"

Her Aviar squawked and stuck it's head in the pack, curious.

She moved him carefully out of the way and closed the first pack, opening the second.

@The Bookwyrm

Oop- I didn't realize you'd grabbed two-

The second one contains a change of clothes, a third knife, a little more food, and some basic fishing supplies.

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

Oooo water, that's handy.

"I don't like the look of those bugs though . . ." She gave them a wide berth as she stepped into the jungle for the first time.

Sharlin knelt by the stream when she got to it.

"Running water is usually fine to drink, right?"

It looks clean to me.

Hesitantly, she poked her finger in, and then licked it. If it was toxic or something the damage would be minimal.

The medical supplies are in a rectangular plastic box...we'll say there are a few cans of food, too, but they're all full.

13 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The second one contains a change of clothes, a third knife, a little more food, and some basic fishing supplies.

well, you didn't say she immediately died from licking her finger so I'm gonna assume it's safe.

Sharlin took several large gulps of the water. 

She dug through her bag, looking for a container. She pulled out the box the medical supplies were in.

That's not going to be water proof . . .

"Your probably right, I don't really have anything good to take it with me in."

Maybe we can rob someone.

"Weren't you trying to be the moral one in this group?"

Stealing isn't as bad as killing people.

"Whatever."

Sharlin, carefully avoiding the ants, made a small cairn on the beach, pointing to the location of the stream. She couldn't carry the water with her, so she might as well try to remember it's location. Someone else would probably find it, as a result, but that didn't matter to her. It's not like the stream would run out.

Satisfied with her work, she returned to the stream. She took another long drink of water.

"Alright, I think we'll head a bit deeper."

If you insist.

"Part of me is just curious about what's in here." Sharlin pulled out one of the pieces of food, letting herself snack on it as she went. She focused on watching the floor for the ants, she didn't want to die by an insect bite. Then she wouldn't be able to tease Sharp about having a dumb cause of death anymore.

Your curious? You should be afraid for your life.

"Well I'm that too, but after all the interviews and training and stuff I've sort of coped with it."

Good for you, I guess . . .

He actually sounded rather concerned.

Edited by J. Magi

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

5 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Nice

Clothes are good

I have six knives now

She put one of the packs on her back and the other in the front of the kayak. Her Aviar hopped over and perched himself on her knee. She rubbed his head and he made a contented noise, closing his eyes.

"You ready?" Aerol asked him.

He cooed and bounded back to the front of the kayak.

After a few deep breaths, Aerol began paddling. She crossed over the colorful reef, watching the water get deeper and deeper.

She thought for a moment.

"Reef," she said quietly. "What about Reef?"

Her Aviar just stared at her.

"For your name."

He began bobbing up and down after a moment.

Aerol smiled, and she and Reef continued heading for the closest northern island.

Spoiler

bopping-head-nod.gif.ed5cbf8e9c6cd6c3d6d24049f59b4a9b.gif

Just now, Exotic Almond said:

Casper makes his way into the forest, pushing his kayak in front of him at as fast as he dares while remaining attentive of his surrounding.

Small streams flow down towards the ocean, and deathants' hills dotted the forest floor.

She put one of the packs on her back and the other in the front of the kayak. Her Aviar hopped over and perched himself on her knee. She rubbed his head and he made a contented noise, closing his eyes.

After a few deep breaths, Aerol began paddling. She crossed over the colorful reef, watching the water get deeper and deeper.

"For your name."

Aerol smiled, and she and Reef continued heading for the closest northern island.

Spoiler

😭😭ITS SO WHOLESOME 😭✨

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

She returned to the room with the screens and grabbed an earpiece and smaller screen, went to her own chambers and changed into a knee length gray dress, and returned to the hallway. "Okay, let's go out."

He takes her hand and they go through the hallways out into a garden in the middle of the building. He runs to tool shed in the corner and starts pulling out a bike. 

Sorry I’m back

3 minutes ago, Through The Living Glass said:

"For your name."

The ocean below the kayak was now a deep, dark blue. It was hard to see anything in the depths. 

To the west was the northern portion of the starting island, and far to the west was another large island. The island directly to the north was several times smaller than either of them.

3 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

He takes her hand and they go through the hallways out into a garden in the middle of the building. He runs to tool shed in the corner and starts pulling out a bike. 

She sat on a bench in the courtyard, keeping an eye on him as he darted to and fro on his bike. The earpiece in, she watched the Games on the pad.

... None of them have died yet.

3 minutes ago, J. Magi said:
  Reveal hidden contents

😭😭ITS SO WHOLESOME 😭✨

ISN'T IT THO

I'm imagining him as a blue parrot with black-and-white wingtips and a white-specked head.

Like a budgie (more or less), but bigger.

*gasp* I SHOULD DRAW HIM

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

The ocean below the kayak was now a deep, dark blue. It was hard to see anything in the depths. 

To the west was the northern portion of the starting island, and far to the west was another large island. The island directly to the north was several times smaller than either of them.

Aerol was paddling for the small island. She kept a keen eye on the ocean depths, even if she couldn't see them that well. Reef's head was darting back and forth; he was obviously doing the same.

@Spark of Hope

He slowly creeps around the corner behind the bushes on his bike. “Mission Control, I’ve reached the experimental Planet X-27DF and I am witnessing history.” He backs up his bike a little. “Extraterrestrial life has been discovered and I am witnessing it with my own eyes. I’m going to try and get a closer look, over.” He moves forward and suddenly speeds up going down the hill. “Mayday! Mayday! Mission Control do you read my location! I’m going down!” He yells skidding down the hill as his front wheel catches a branch. He screams and goes flying into the ground chin first. He slides across the pavement for a few feet before halting. He coughs, starting to cry a bit, but still in shock. 

It’s giving Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes 

Hmmmm I was expecting more mutant wolf monsters

They were well into the jungle proper by now.

"Mutant what now?"

Nevermind.

Sharp did have a point. She didn't like how quiet it was, and the only danger she'd run into was the ants. 

"At least . . . the plants seem normal?" Sharlin said, attempting to look on the bright side.

Don't trust them, they're luring you into a false sense of security.

"Riight . . ."

Just now, J. Magi said:

Hmmmm I was expecting more mutant wolf monsters

They were well into the jungle proper by now.

"Mutant what now?"

Nevermind.

Sharp did have a point. She didn't like how quiet it was, and the only danger she'd run into was the ants. 

"At least . . . the plants seem normal?" Sharlin said, attempting to look on the bright side.

Don't trust them, they're luring you into a false sense of security.

"Riight . . ."

As Sharlin moved deeper into the jungle, the foliage overhead made the area around her darker. She ran into a few more streams running from deeper into the island.

Nothing had attacked her yet, but there was an uneasy feeling around the whole area.

4 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

As Sharlin moved deeper into the jungle, the foliage overhead made the area around her darker. She ran into a few more streams running from deeper into the island.

Nothing had attacked her yet, but there was an uneasy feeling around the whole area.

"At least we won't be want for water in this area," Sharlin mumbled.

She stopped to load her crossbow, pulling it back the way she had seen House soldiers do in her childhood. Sharuel landed on her shoulder, watching curiously.

I hope this place isn't haunted . . . it's creepy.

"It's haunted by default if you're here."

Edited by J. Magi