Free States of the Crescent

Spark of Hope

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

He looked out the window at the setting sun. "Might want to grab that quick, then," he smiled.

Guess so

She grinned, then turned and jogged home to grab the stuff, balancing the food precariously as she slowly returned.

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

She grinned, then turned and jogged home to grab the stuff, balancing the food precariously as she slowly returned.

He smiled as she left and came back. Marewill came back in the room. Seeing his face, she smirked and shook her head. He crinkled his face at her. She walked to the stairs, deliberately avoiding looking at the screen.

@The Bookwyrm

I kinda took a liberty about Tinker and Falr being upstairs

4 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

She laughed under her breath, swatting at his shoulder. "Aren't you?"

"...Astra, obviously not!" Mark paused. "Because I know you already bet enough money for the both of us!" He says playfully.

This feels like the second season of a show where the plotline was completely resolved in the first season so the first episode is just nonsense with the characters.

10 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"...Astra, obviously not!" Mark paused. "Because I know you already bet enough money for the both of us!" He says playfully.

I mean that’s what I had in mind lol

Depending on the time jump after Drominad we might actually do plot? Idk? Right now they’re just hanging around and watching the Drominad Games

2 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

This feels like the second season of a show where the plotline was completely resolved in the first season so the first episode is just nonsense with the characters.

She shrugged.

"Oh would you look at that. They're weaker than we were, don't you think?" She looked around the room in confusion.

yess my thoughts exactly

Dougella watches the fight between the two tributes. She points to Maj on screen, and the screen crackles slightly. "That is the one right?" she says looking at Mark. She thinks for a moment, listening to his short speech. Remember your oath

She shys away from the thought. The past 6 years after the hunger games, she and Pigment had been talking about what she had seen in that other place. A place she now knew as Shadesmare. The plane of thought. She shakes the feeling of melancholy off. Turning to the others, shifting from her seat on the wall, towards the centre of the group. 

"Did I ever tell you guys about what I saw, when I was near death?"

@Spark of Hope @The Bookwyrm @The Stormfather @Lotus Blossom @J. Magi

22 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella watches the fight between the two tributes. She points to Maj on screen, and the screen crackles slightly. "That is the one right?" she says looking at Mark. She thinks for a moment, listening to his short speech. Remember your oath

She shys away from the thought. The past 6 years after the hunger games, she and Pigment had been talking about what she had seen in that other place. A place she now knew as Shadesmare. The plane of thought. She shakes the feeling of melancholy off. Turning to the others, shifting from her seat on the wall, towards the centre of the group. 

“I mean, you haven’t told me,” Meron said. 

Marewill’s brother

1 hour ago, Lotus Blossom said:

She shrugged.

"Oh would you look at that. They're weaker than we were, don't you think?" She looked around the room in confusion.

"Well... We did have investiture..."

43 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"No..."

7 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

He smiled as she left and came back. Marewill came back in the room. Seeing his face, she smirked and shook her head. He crinkled his face at her. She walked to the stairs, deliberately avoiding looking at the screen.

@The Bookwyrm

3 hours ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Emma set the food out on a table, hoping it would be enough. She looked through cupboards until she found plates, cups, and utensils, then got to setting the table. 

This life wasn't the same as the luxurious one she had three years ago. She got dirty, cooked for herself, and lived in a modest home. But she loved it. No pampering, no consistently being fake. Plus the people, they were some of the best she had met. She carefully placed the last setting, stepping back with a nod. 

Then she went upstairs to find the others.

She looked at Dougella, having heard what she'd said. "I never heard."

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

8 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Astra smiled, "And yet no excuse for emotional weakness."

"You're remembering the end of the games, when we were in teams and when we knew we had a chance of getting out. That's all it took. Hope. At the beginning of the games, there were many of us who were just as emotionally deadened as those in the arena right now. We just... Well, we formed teams, and actually started to get to know each other. Our arena was much less deadly, so...I guess we had time to stop thinking about the next fight, the next Change."

17 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

@The Bookwyrm

She saw Tinker coming down them in somewhat of a rush. He looked a little angry.

2 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Mark looks back to the TV screen.

"Uh, everyone? Remember the Redspine?"

He pauses.

"Well, this time it's a Deepwalker."

"Of course I remember the Redspine, I'm the one who killed it!" She half yelled the last part.

"Mare! Calm down!" Meron said.

17 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"Tinker..." Mark pauses. "You know that we can help, if you need it, right?"

Tinker smiled. "I know. But I promise, it's nothing you have to worry about."

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She dodged quickly to the side. 

"Sorry," he said sheepishly. "Didn't mean to startle you."

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Tinker smiled. "I know. But I promise, it's nothing you have to worry about."

"Sorry," he said sheepishly. "Didn't mean to startle you."

"It's okay." Then, more quietly, she asked, "What's wrong?"

Just now, The Stormfather said: