Free States of the Crescent

Spark of Hope

10 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“The Capitol… I don’t know if it really fell, at least not completely. The same people stayed in power over there after we left. They just… reformed in a worse way than before. And if there’s survivors who knew those practices before, they’d keep doing it.

”… It sucks.”

Mark's eyes darken momentarily.

"We should have finished them off."

He shakes his head and returns to reality. 

"Sorry. It's not...fully gone, all of the time. Him."

At some point, Mark would have explained his...issues, right?

Just now, The Stormfather said:

Mark's eyes darken momentarily.

"We should have finished them off."

He shakes his head and returns to reality. 

"Sorry. It's not...fully gone, all of the time. Him."

Probably. Cause it was pretty much MPD right?

“It’s fine. You alright?”

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

“It’s fine. You alright?”

Yeah. 

"I'm okay. It's just..."

Mark sighs.

"I thought he was gone for good this time. I really thought...I thought I had finally escaped my past."

"You don't need to escape, Mark." His Spren said from the ceiling above, one of the only times it had chosen to truly speak instead of speaking into his mind. And... Mark was pretty sure that this time, Meryin had spoken audibly to the rest of the room.

Can Cultivationspren do that, or is it only Honorspren?

2 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"I'm okay. It's just..."

Mark sighs.

"I thought he was gone for good this time. I really thought...I thought I had finally escaped my past."

"You don't need to escape, Mark." His Spren said from the ceiling above, one of the only times it had chosen to truly speak instead of speaking into his mind. And... Mark was pretty sure that this time, Meryin had spoken audibly to the rest of the room.

Haven’t read it, so idk

“It’ll be okay.”

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

“It’ll be okay.”

Probably?

"Yeah...It'll be fine..."

"Remember the Words, Mark."

"I hear you. Don't think that I'm not listening now."

"You hear me, but do you truly understand what it means? It's been so long, Mark. You've progressed, but you keep falling back into your old ways."

"What old ways? I haven't done any more work for Adris since..."

For the first time, the name didn't bring tears to his eyes.

"Since Sereine."

"Running away from your problems doesn't work when you problems are inside you. There is another way. The Words, Mark! The Words!"

1 minute ago, The Stormfather said:

"Yeah...It'll be fine..."

"Remember the Words, Mark."

"I hear you. Don't think that I'm not listening now."

"You hear me, but do you truly understand what it means? It's been so long, Mark. You've progressed, but you keep falling back into your old ways."

"What old ways? I haven't done any more work for Adris since..."

For the first time, the name didn't bring tears to his eyes.

"Since Sereine."

"Running away from your problems doesn't work when you problems are inside you. There is another way. The Words, Mark! The Words!"

“Mark! Are you okay?!”

Marewill’s hand tensed. 

@The Bookwyrm

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Mark! Are you okay?!”

Marewill’s hand tensed. 

@The Bookwyrm

Mark's spren curls up into a little ball of vines on the cieling. 

Mark looks around himself, glaring at each person in the room. Then, in a cold voice, he spoke.

"Who's Mark?"

We said we wanted plot, so...

3 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Mark's spren curls up into a little ball of vines on the cieling. 

Mark looks around himself, glaring at each person in the room. Then, in a cold voice, he spoke.

"Who's Mark?"

Meron looked at him, scared. “Y-you are.”

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

Meron looked at him, scared. “Y-you are.”

"My name is...Nothing. I d-"

Mark blinks agressively, and falls down to his knees.

"I'm fine. I'm... I okay. It was just... Something. Something happened. I think..."

You know what you need, Mark. His spren murmurs into his mind.

"The Words."

2 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"My name is...Nothing. I d-"

Mark blinks agressively, and falls down to his knees.

"I'm fine. I'm... I okay. It was just... Something. Something happened. I think..."

You know what you need, Mark. His spren murmurs into his mind.

"The Words."

“Mark!” He knelt next to him. 

“Meron, get back-!”

”It’s fine, Mare! Mark, are you okay?!”

8 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

"I think you're just saying that because this time, you have nothing at risk."

"Any moment spent without the element of risk is a dull one, and should be disregarded."

Astra twirled a strand of her hair idly, yet with much intention.

"I simply don't believe in it."

She lowered her voice. "Stakes must be high at all times, or one's guard begins to drop."

7 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"They're a symbol of what we have to end, is what they are," Tinker said.

"What a revolutionist," she said lightly, grinning.

21 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"Any moment spent without the element of risk is a dull one, and should be disregarded."

Astra twirled a strand of her hair idly, yet with much intention.

"I simply don't believe in it."

She lowered her voice. "Stakes must be high at all times, or one's guard begins to drop."

Meron looked down, sighed, and looked back up. “I disagree. Last games, my sister’s life was at stake. My family… It just wouldn’t be the same without her. Some risks aren’t worth taking.”

Dougella collects herself. Before starting her story. The words coming to her brain and out. Flowing.

"During the escape from the arena all of those years ago, when I had fallen during the battle with the peacekeepers, my soul, or should I say, my cognitive aspect left my body. She lets that settle in slightly. These past few years I have been researching all ancient sources, this cognitive aspect is one of three. Physical, Cognitive and Spiritual. These bodies are aspects of the three realms, people with powers like mine

However while I was in this state, I was met with a being. A being that called themselves the Stormfather. Apparently he used to be on another planet, and was exceedingly powerful, the storm incarnate, and giver of the mythical bondsmith powers."

The books she had been reading through the years come back in more strength before, seemingly invading her mind, What the? she pushes them aside. 

"This creature, of spren, has been damaged somehow, in an exponential way. Books talk about his storms giving investiture, but he does not do it anymore, like someone had ripped a piece out of him. We ripped a piece out of him"

Thank you a small voice breezes through the back of her mind. However she was not finished. 

"There are supposedly more spren like him, somewhere that give similar powers"

Edited by Scars of Hathsin

Mark looks at Dougella.

"I may have...heard something about some kind of powerful invested spirit..." Mark pauses. "I wouldn't trust the source, however. It was an old story, the kind that Elim, an old Steele, used to tell. He told the craziest stories, but there was little other entertainment around the hideout."

"He told the story of a spirit, living out in the woods, one that could grant wishes. People travelled to see her, but the journey was almost always deadly, or left them with a terrible curse along with the wish being granted."

Butchered the Nightwatcher story because of the illegitemacy of the source of information

1 hour ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Dougella collects herself. Before starting her story. The words coming to her brain and out. Flowing.

"During the escape from the arena all of those years ago, when I had fallen during the battle with the peacekeepers, my soul, or should I say, my cognitive aspect left my body. She lets that settle in slightly. These past few years I have been researching all ancient sources, this cognitive aspect is one of three. Physical, Cognitive and Spiritual. These bodies are aspects of the three realms, people with powers like mine or Astra, know a bit better. She smiles at Astra. 

However while I was in this state, I was met with a being. A being that called themselves the Stormfather. Apparently he used to be on another planet, and was exceedingly powerful, the storm incarnate, and giver of the mythical bondsmith powers."

The books she had been reading through the years come back in more strength before, seemingly invading her mind, What the? she pushes them aside. 

"This creature, of spren, has been damaged somehow, in an exponential way. Books talk about his storms giving investiture, but he does not do it anymore, like someone had ripped a piece out of him. We ripped a piece out of him"

Thank you a small voice breezes through the back of her mind. However she was not finished. 

"There are supposedly more spren like him, somewhere that give similar powers"

“Really…”

52 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Mark looks at Dougella.

"I may have...heard something about some kind of powerful invested spirit..." Mark pauses. "I wouldn't trust the source, however. It was an old story, the kind that Elim, an old Steele, used to tell. He told the craziest stories, but there was little other entertainment around the hideout."

"He told the story of a spirit, living out in the woods, one that could grant wishes. People travelled to see her, but the journey was almost always deadly, or left them with a terrible curse along with the wish being granted."

“It’s certainly an interesting story,” Meron said. 

35 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"These spirits, or spren are said to sometimes be child of gods." She laughs. "But what kind of gods would allow this to happen?" she says waving her hands around in the air, before doubling over, and gripping her stomach. "Whoops bad idea huh?" she says. 

Marewill ran to her side with steel, catching her to prevent her from falling over. “Congratulations, by the way.”

1 hour ago, Lotus Blossom said:

"What a revolutionist," she said lightly, grinning.

Tinker frowned. "Hey, you came to live in Moongaze with the rest of us. You had every chance to take their side. No one was stopping you."

1 hour ago, The Stormfather said:

Mark looks at Dougella.

56 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

"These spirits, or spren are said to sometimes be child of gods." She laughs. "But what kind of gods would allow this to happen?" she says waving her hands around in the air, before doubling over, and gripping her stomach. "Whoops bad idea huh?" she says. 

"There are a lot of stories like that from across the world. I mean, the culture of this area of the Crescent is based on a ancient religion that worshiped the moons, plural. We only have one moon. So...there are things in ancient history we simply can't describe or understand, I suppose...but it's effects lace our world down to it's fundamental nature."

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Really…”

“It’s certainly an interesting story,” Meron said. 

Marewill ran to her side with steel, catching her to prevent her from falling over. “Congratulations, by the way.”

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Tinker frowned. "Hey, you came to live in Moongaze with the rest of us. You had every chance to take their side. No one was stopping you.

"There are a lot of stories like that from across the world. I mean, the culture of this area of the Crescent is based on a ancient religion that worshiped the moons, plural. We only have one moon. So...there are things in ancient history we simply can't describe or understand, I suppose...but it's effects lace our world down to it's fundamental nature."

I love all the lore. It really adds depth to the world. Where are the shards? how are all the magics on the same planet? It makes me happy. 

Dougella glances at Mare, somewhat surprised. "How did you know?" she says. Looking somewhat downcast. I wanted him *Magi* to be here with me when it was revealed. She turns to Tinker. "The moons?" she says queringly. "But if these things exist, how did they lose such power from us?, What did we do to them to strip them of their power?"

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Tinker frowned. "Hey, you came to live in Moongaze with the rest of us. You had every chance to take their side. No one was stopping you."

"You misunderstand," Astra raised her hand up in front of her, "When I call someone a revolutionist, I mean anything but an insult. I would pry open that gate with my bare hands again and again if I had to."

She shook her head, hair bouncing, "No, darling, to be revolutionary is to be free."

"And above all else, I am a Willshaper." She smiled crookedly, shifting her gaze to the screen once more.