This do Mailliw?

e8beb5ee-421e-4813-9111-add1c9aed355_zps

Thanks, but of Kobold doesn't mind, I'd like one that's the same format as the others he's made.

Just a thought Kobold but if Neverthere ever takes a more active role in helping 'Wardy' then she could maintain contact between him and Backtrack while he's stuck from the besieging Panda army.

Well, the MEE has some bad info if they think five Epics is all Thoughttown has. :P they're in for a rude awakening.

Kobold, what would Edgerunner and Glamour do with the attack? Would they continue to HQ to report to Vondra first about Command Post Tango or proceed to the front lines to fight first?

And if he couldn't just "get better" from bullets, Mr. Cardinal would have a very good reason to stay away. 

Epic!Sam would be downright tragic. 

Epic!Revolution (yet another awesome name) is terrifyingly easy to see. It's not that difficult to picture her returning to her commune, displaying her powers and informing the residents, calmly and with a smile on her face, that she was taking control, and—still smiling—informing whoever protested that she was doing it to save them from Epics who were far worse than she. 

Vanilla!Aldo is not easy to picture. He seems like one of those Epics who was just….always an Epic, even before Calamity. Like Calamity just gave him permission to indulge his dark side, so his personality didn't change all that much. (Pre-Calamity Koschei was much the same way.) 

I can see Nathan going for either option.  :P Though I couldn't even say what his powers might be, he's that un-Epic-like. 

Remington's powers would definitely involve guns. Lots of guns. Maybe his powers would bear a striking resemblance to the Army's rules of gunfighting: "Don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Bring guns. Bring lots of guns. Bring your friends who have guns. Bring their friends who have guns." Maybe he'd be able to summon anyone who owned a firearm to his aid? 

A Remington/Sightline team-up can never happen. The entire internet would explode from the force of pure awesomeness, and a thousand eyeballs would fry in the glorious light of their team-up. It's simply too dangerous to actually execute.  :P (By which I mean that this needs to happen as soon as possible. As. Soon. As. Possible.) 

Argh. This would be the perfect chance to tell you all what Funtimes would be like as a vanilla, but her Emotionally Scarring Backstory™ shows it, so….

tumblr_mzv8aoOukH1r9im9ao4_400.gif

Epic!Revolution, oddly enough, is something I seriously considered at one point. While now it's very unlikely to happen, I actually put a fair bit of thought behind it, including what her powers and weakness would be.

It's easy enough to envision. Imagine Revolution separated from Funtimes and the rest of the vanillas during an Epic attack, finding herself on her own and pursued by deranged Epics. Escaping into the woods, she curls up under a fallen log, hoping and praying to be protected. As she shivers in the cold, alone and desperate, a voice seems to speak into her mind... "Revolution Sunburst Jones, why won't you fight back?"

I may have put too much thought into this.  :blink:

That sounds a fair enough power for Remington, but there's seems to be an alarmingly high likelihood of summoning Lightwards and his pistol by mistake. :P I'm sure he'd have some sort of gun-related power, though. Maybe infinite bullets like Curveball.

Reason 446 to look forward to Funtimes' backstory.  -_-  :D

Thanks, but of Kobold doesn't mind, I'd like one that's the same format as the others he's made.

Well, the MEE has some bad info if they think five Epics is all Thoughttown has. :P they're in for a rude awakening.

Kobold, what would Edgerunner and Glamour do with the attack? Would they continue to HQ to report to Vondra first about Command Post Tango or proceed to the front lines to fight first?

Whoops, I forgot to do that. I'll do so now. Or in a minute.

I think Edgerunner would be sent to fight on the front lines. Glamour would mainly be used to keep convoys and armored vehicles invisible during select assaults.

I'm working on a Backtrack/Arsenal post that will give Edgerunner a chance to briefly summarize what she's learned and head off to the battlefield.

EDIT: Here you go, Mailliw. I made two different versions, since the model image was in an unconventional pose.

ebe4cde3c334143fe4f93f2e6e712380.png

8fc6bca23fa50a91ac68e4a3ed1835ba.png

DOUBLE EDIT: It occurs to me that you may want them flipped around to face right, like the rest of them. I'll do that when I get back online, I've gotta go right now.

Edited by Kobold King

Epic!Revolution, oddly enough, is something I seriously considered at one point. While now it's very unlikely to happen, I actually put a fair bit of thought behind it, including what her powers and weakness would be.

It's easy enough to envision. Imagine Revolution separated from Funtimes and the rest of the vanillas during an Epic attack, finding herself on her own and pursued by deranged Epics. Escaping into the woods, she curls up under a fallen log, hoping and praying to be protected. As she shivers in the cold, alone and desperate, a voice seems to speak into her mind... "Revolution Sunburst Jones, why won't you fight back?"

I may have put too much thought into this.  :blink:

That sounds a fair enough power for Remington, but there's seems to be an alarmingly high likelihood of summoning Lightwards and his pistol by mistake. :P I'm sure he'd have some sort of gun-related power, though. Maybe infinite bullets like Curveball.

Reason 446 to look forward to Funtimes' backstory.  -_-  :D

Whoops, I forgot to do that. I'll do so now. Or in a minute.

I think Edgerunner would be sent to fight on the front lines. Glamour would mainly be used to keep convoys and armored vehicles invisible during select assaults.

I'm working on a Backtrack/Arsenal post that will give Edgerunner a chance to briefly summarize what she's learned and head off to the battlefield.

EDIT: Here you go, Mailliw. I made two different versions, since the model image was in an unconventional pose.

DOUBLE EDIT: It occurs to me that you may want them flipped around to face right, like the rest of them. I'll do that when I get back online, I've gotta go right now.

What would her powers have been, if you don't mind my asking? 

Maybe more like BusDriver's power, only he can turn anything into any gun he wants. Also, the thought of him accidentally summoning Lightwards and his pistol and forcing him to help is hilarious. Especially if it was something like "Help me kill you!" :P

….

That one would probably end in a stalemate. Or a violent shootout. Probably the violent shootout. Though Remington would definitely look on the bright side: "Now I don't have to waste time looking for you." 

They only know of the original three, Scorch, AM and Flashpoint I figured that since TT already has a strong military presence it would be harder for spies to infiltrate and learn about all the new Epics.

I might do an intro post for Scribbler as she makes her way to the front lines too.

Okay, sounds good. Would she be speaking to Arsenal then or what?

Yes, if you could flip it, that'd be great!

They only know of the original three, Scorch, AM and Flashpoint I figured that since TT already has a strong military presence it would be harder for spies to infiltrate and learn about all the new Epics.

I might do an intro post for Scribbler as she makes her way to the front lines too.

I figured it was something like that. Yeah, Thoughttown would be harder for them to spy on, but it'll just be a surprise for them when they find like seven Epics still there. :P

Warbreaker chapter twenty four. Oh. My. Gosh. :D

But of a hunt as to what part that is?;)

Now that's a twist. You'd probably have to check with mail-mi, because Reader is his character. But if he's OK with it (and if the Bunker is in a position that makes sense for the pandas to get to), that could be quite a twist.

Quick question: Is there any reason Panda is targeting Reader specifically? How much intelligence does Panda have on the city, and how much of that has been disseminated to various of his under-lieutenants? What are his immediate objectives (I know that the long-term ones involve finding a safe place for his pandas, but what is he hoping to accomplish in the next few hours, in the next few days, weeks, months, etc...)?

A certain informant in the city revealed the existence of Reader to The Panda. The Panda wishes to capture the Reader, as the Reader (or more specifically, someone who could look into the past of others) was one of the things the Radiant Panda declared that the Panda needed to found a safe haven for pandas. Thanks to the Informant, Panda knows the layout and defense of the city. His lieutenants also know of the layout of the city (although only Colonel Cuddles and Colonel Huggies know of Reader's existence). The Panda wishes to drive out - or, if needed, completely eradicate - the inhabitants of The Dalles. A compromise or negotiation could be reached, however.

I'm creating some new characters soon. One of them will be Panda's Informant. The other... his main power is called Energy Diffusi.

I'm assuming The Dalles is based on the actual city in Oregon? 

A certain informant in the city revealed the existence of Reader to The Panda. The Panda wishes to capture the Reader, as the Reader (or more specifically, someone who could look into the past of others) was one of the things the Radiant Panda declared that the Panda needed to found a safe haven for pandas. Thanks to the Informant, Panda knows the layout and defense of the city. His lieutenants also know of the layout of the city (although only Colonel Cuddles and Colonel Huggies know of Reader's existence). The Panda wishes to drive out - or, if needed, completely eradicate - the inhabitants of The Dalles. A compromise or negotiation could be reached, however.

I'm creating some new characters soon. One of them will be Panda's Informant. The other... his main power is called Energy Diffusi.

Not sure how much knowledge an informant could uncover about Reader since he'd instantly know if someone was an informant and would probably report them or just talk to them until they wished he'd report them. :/

Don't forget to add them to the Epics of Oregon thread when you make them and clear them all with Twilyght, although I think pretty much any level of Epics are fair game in the Dalles at the moment, unlike Portland which is low-to-mid levels only.

What would her powers have been, if you don't mind my asking? 

When I was seriously considering this, I wanted to make sure they were both thematic and awesome. (It wouldn't do to go through all that trouble setting it up as a plot point only for her to get Sausage McMuffin powers. :P)

Anyway, here they are. They'd have put her on higher-tier High Epic level.

Primary Ability: Infinite emission of raw energy. Revolution could have generated infinite reservoirs of raw energy within her body, which she could have radiated outwards as light, gamma particles, or in a raw state to unleash enormous amounts of damage. Essentially an energy Epic like any other, but one who glows, can give you cancer, or annihilate an entire city should she so choose.

Secondary Ability: Radiant form. In addition to generating energy, she would have gained the ability to convert her entire body and anything she touches into raw, conscious energy. It would have worked similar to the abilities of fire Epics, who convert their bodies into living fire. On a whim, she'd become a humanoid construct of glowing plasma, completely impervious to all forms of damage.

Passive Ability: Limited precognition. Revolution's body would instantaneously convert into energy six seconds before she would have been harmed. As an example, she would reflexively assume her radiant form, without knowing fully why, six seconds before a sniper would have killed her with a well-placed shot to the head.

As a side note, this ability can alter the future. If said sniper were about to kill her, but saw her adopting her energy form, he might very well decide not to fire the shot at all and leave his position. This ability only predicts what would have happened, not what will happen.

I put a fair bit of thought into it. Considering our good Sunburst probably won't get to radiate death and obliteration on Oregon any time soon, I might end up recycling that power set to another Epic.

Maybe Revolution has a sister...? :P

Cool! Reader getting kidnapped by the pandas would definitely be a twist. :D

Yep, it's based on the actual city in Oregon.

When I was seriously considering this, I wanted to make sure they were both thematic and awesome. (It wouldn't do to go through all that trouble setting it up as a plot point only for her to get Sausage McMuffin powers. :P)

Primary Ability: Infinite emission of raw energy. Revolution could have generated infinite reservoirs of raw energy within her body, which she could have radiated outwards as light, gamma particles, or in a raw state to unleash enormous amounts of damage. Essentially an energy Epic like any other, but one who glows, can give you cancer, or annihilate an entire city should she so choose.

Secondary Ability: Radiant form. In addition to generating energy, she would have gained the ability to convert her entire body and anything she touches into raw, conscious energy. It would have worked similar to the abilities of fire Epics, who convert their bodies into living fire. On a whim, she'd become a humanoid construct of glowing plasma, completely impervious to all forms of damage.

Passive Ability: Limited precognition. Revolution's body would instantaneously convert into energy six seconds before she would have been harmed. As an example, she would reflexively assume her radiant form, without knowing fully why, six seconds before a sniper would have killed her with a well-placed shot to the head.

As a side note, this ability can alter the future. If said sniper were about to kill her, but saw her adopting her energy form, he might very well decide not to fire the shot at all and leave his position. This ability only predicts what would have happened, not what will happen.

I put a fair bit of thought into it. Considering our good Sunburst probably won't get to radiate death and obliteration on Oregon any time soon, I might end up recycling that power set to another Epic.

Somehow you've come up with a powerset which is completely distinct from all 600 or so of my Epic ideas, kudos, I'm finding myself stagnating at this point. :D

Wouldn't the panda just get shot to pieces by his guards though? Come to that wouldn't Reader get shot to pieces by his guards?

Not sure how much knowledge an informant could uncover about Reader since he'd instantly know if someone was an informant and would probably report them or just talk to them until they wished he'd report them. :/

Don't forget to add them to the Epics of Oregon thread when you make them and clear them all with Twilyght, although I think pretty much any level of Epics are fair game in the Dalles at the moment, unlike Portland which is low-to-mid levels only.

Yeah, the informant would have to be an outsider who had very little chance of getting close to Reader or anyone he might talk to. But I like the idea of him getting captured. It would show how good these pandas are at what they do, and force Reader to either prove his loyalty to Vondra once he was rescued, or join the pandas.

Idea: What if Vondra spotting Reader somewhere in the panda army is what compels him to jump from the helicopter?

Dang. Sunburst would be an extremely powerful Epic, and pretty darn scary, too, if she went in the Knight Templar direction she seemed to have been set up for. O.o

Okay, sounds good. Would she be speaking to Arsenal then or what?

Yes, if you could flip it, that'd be great!

I figured it was something like that. Yeah, Thoughttown would be harder for them to spy on, but it'll just be a surprise for them when they find like seven Epics still there. :P

But of a hunt as to what part that is?;)

A Princess talks with a deity.

Yeah, the informant would have to be an outsider who had very little chance of getting close to Reader or anyone he might talk to. But I like the idea of him getting captured. It would show how good these pandas are at what they do, and force Reader to either prove his loyalty to Vondra once he was rescued, or join the pandas.

Idea: What if Vondra spotting Reader somewhere in the panda army is what compels him to jump from the helicopter? 

Dang. Sunburst would be an extremely powerful Epic, and pretty darn scary, too, if she went in the Knight Templar direction she seemed to have been set up for. O.o

A Princess talks with a deity.

That idea is perfect. :D Reader being captured would definitely be important enough for Vondra to take such an active role in getting him back.

Imagine Epic!Revolution joining forces with Dark!Paladin. That's right, think about it. Let the nightmares in.

Pretty sure I know which part you're talking about. Though you keep reminding me how much I love that novel--I might have to re-read it again soon. :D

That idea is perfect. :D Reader being captured would definitely be important enough for Vondra to take such an active role in getting him back.

Imagine Epic!Revolution joining forces with Dark!Paladin. That's right, think about it. Let the nightmares in.

Pretty sure I know which part you're talking about. Though you keep reminding me how much I love that novel--I might have to re-read it again soon. :D

Oooohhhhh. Panda can turn people into pandas, but needs an Epic's consent, right? Maybe Vondra has reports of vanillas being changed unwillingly, so when he sees Reader in a heated argument with Panda ("Be a panda!" "But I don't WANT to be a panda!") he leaps from the helicopter to keep Reader from becoming a panda. Maybe Reader's refusal to transform is one factor that leads Vondra to allow him back into The Dalles, rather than shoot him to prevent his capture in the future?

O.O

REMINGTON! DAVID! WE NEED YOU!

It's SO good. I really want to find out what happens next, but I also want to savor it. :D

Just one question:

Do the pandas have wine :D?

I like this idea a lot. Reader would definitely want to stay human, and also alive, so if it would be possible for the panda to get him before it's possible for the all-too-eager soldiers to kill him, that woul be awesome.

Reader is also definitely in favor of Vondra winning, as people are much more fun to torment than pandas.

Reader: Well I hope you enjoyed that extra portion of bamboo you snuck out!

Panda: Glances disinterestedly, continues eating.

Reader: This was much more fun with subjects who did something other than sleep and eat...

Oooohhhhh. Panda can turn people into pandas, but needs an Epic's consent, right? Maybe Vondra has reports of vanillas being changed unwillingly, so when he sees Reader in a heated argument with Panda ("Be a panda!" "But I don't WANT to be a panda!") he leaps from the helicopter to keep Reader from becoming a panda. Maybe Reader's refusal to transform is one factor that leads Vondra to allow him back into The Dalles, rather than shoot him to prevent his capture in the future?

O.O

REMINGTON! DAVID! WE NEED YOU!

It's SO good. I really want to find out what happens next, but I also want to savor it. :D

That sounds perfect. Although... if vanillas can be changed unwillingly, what's to stop Panda from simply transforming Vondra the second he hits the ground? Does Panda need to touch a subject in order to transform them?

Warbreaker is one of my favorites. :D

Reader is also definitely in favor of Vondra winning, as people are much more fun to torment than pandas.

The alarming thing is that Reader already knows this.  :blink:

That sounds perfect. Although... if vanillas can be changed unwillingly, what's to stop Panda from simply transforming Vondra the second he hits the ground? Does Panda need to touch a subject in order to transform them?

Warbreaker is one of my favorites. :D

The alarming thing is that Reader already knows this. :blink:

I think touch is the easiest way for him to do it, yes. I wonder how much difference distance makes? Or if Panda would be dissuaded by a loaded gun?

It's far too easy to picture him trying to torment zoo animals with their own secrets.

I assume he'd at least need Line of Sight, I imagine that Vondra and his soldiers all probably carry a few flash grenades around to stun Epics with.

I think touch is the easiest way for him to do it, yes. I wonder how much difference distance makes? Or if Panda would be dissuaded by a loaded gun?

Slaughterhouse requires touch for particularly intricate changes--since Slaughterhouse and Panda have essentially the same fleshwarping power, my best guess is that Panda would as well.

I assume he'd at least need Line of Sight, I imagine that Vondra and his soldiers all probably carry a few flash grenades around to stun Epics with.

What Happened in Oregon: the only role-playing game where throwing a flash grenade at a talking superpowered panda bear is a legitimate, perfectly logical option. :D

Slaughterhouse requires touch for particularly intricate changes--since Slaughterhouse and Panda have essentially the same fleshwarping power, my best guess is that Panda would as well.

What Happened in Oregon: the only role-playing game where throwing a flash grenade at a talking superpowered panda bear is a legitimate, perfectly logical option. :D

What Happened in Oregon: The role-playing game where whether or not a flash grenade will stop a talking, superpowered panda bear from turning you into a panda is a serious concern. :D