Why don't we just ship her with everyone who catches her eye and call it Love Revolution? :P

"Uh, Remington? Can I get your advice on something?" 

Remington frowned at Nathan. He seemed slightly nervous at the best of times, but at this moment he looked as though he were ten seconds from fleeing to the nearest bunker. "Shoot." 

"What would you do if—and this is just a random example—if you had two girls who both liked you? And let's say just for fun that one of them could turn your clothes to acid, and the other one could turn you to dust with a blinding flash of pure energy if you chose wrong?" 

Remington regarded him with a raised eyebrow. "So let me get this straight. You got two powerful Epics who both like you more than they should." 

"Yes." 

"And you've got a date with both of them, probably tonight." 

"Maybe." 

He paused, mulling it over, before he returned to cleaning his rifle. "Seems to me the best thing to do there'd be to fake your own death. Flee the country. But don't," he added, shaking a finger in Nathan's face, "go anywhere some pretty lady Epic'll see you." He snorted. "If didn't know any better, I'd take you for an Epic." 

Nathan seemed slightly insulted. "Why?" 

"You got two pretty Epics who want you for their own. Gotta be a power or something."

I guess you could say she's revolutionized romance. B)

"Gotta be a power or something."

Wait, that gives me an idea. Who's more likely to fall for Chicago Joe--Funtimes or Revolution?

I guess you could say she's revolutionized romance. B)

Wait, that gives me an idea. Who's more likely to fall for Chicago Joe--Funtimes or Revolution?

Well, since Chicago Joe is a meanieface who neither shares his whiskey nor allows it to be turned to orange soda, I'm going to go with Revolution. :P

Remember the shiny Epic I mentioned, here she is, ShinySparkle!

post-8809-0-23461900-1416082947_thumb.pn

An Epic that can make any surface sparkly, explode everything into sparkling dust she can optionally make bright enough to blind people and teleport under creation of sparkling explosions ala Power Ranger.

You might also remember the offhand mention of Boston being turned into a desert, this is this guys fault.post-8809-0-62234600-1416083324_thumb.pn

Say hello to Seth, he has the ability to turn stone/earth into sand and control sand, both to use it as solid objects and starting sandstorms. Furthermore he can initiate dust explosions with the sand. You might notice that he named himself after an egyptian god. (Just bringing this guy up because I realized he would be very useful in completly destroying Oregon)

Neither currently have plans to participate in the RP but who knows what the future brings and Seth dreams of one day gaining a PI, by abusing the fact that he isn´t completly canonized yet. :P 

Though let' take a minute to consider how terrifying a Sunburst/Nathan/Funtimes love triangle would be, with Nathan as the troubled object of affection in the center.

I imagine that would be very heartbreaking for Funtimes. :(

My my, switching Forest and Chicago Joe, are you? ;)

Remember the shiny Epic I mentioned, here she is, ShinySparkle!

attachicon.gifShinysparkle.png

An Epic that can make any surface sparkly, explode everything into sparkling dust she can optionally make bright enough to blind people and teleport under creation of sparkling explosions ala Power Ranger.

You might also remember the offhand mention of Boston being turned into a desert, this is this guys fault.attachicon.gifSeth.png

Say hello to Seth, he has the ability to turn stone/earth into sand and control sand, both to use it as solid objects and starting sandstorms. Furthermore he can initiate dust explosions with the sand. You might notice that he named himself after an egyptian god. (Just bringing this guy up because I realized he would be very useful in completly destroying Oregon)

Neither currently have plans to participate in the RP but who knows what the future brings and Seth dreams of one day gaining a PI, by abusing the fact that he isn´t completly canonized yet. :P

I imagine that would be very heartbreaking for Funtimes. :(

My my, switching Forest and Chicago Joe, are you? ;)

That's okay. ShinySparkle could be her rebound. :P 

(It would be heartbreaking for her on a number of levels, and no rebound relationship with an Epic who makes shinies would cure her heartache. :(

Is it Seth or Set? Either way, I like him. Maybe he's from Tucson, Arizona, or Sonora, Mexico, and thinks the entire world should look more like the Sonoran Desert. OH! Maybe he's a snowbird who hates snow so much he's willing to turn Oregon into a desert to keep the snow away! :P 

Sorry. Chicago Joe is in Newcago Chicago, upsetting Fortuity with his habit of stealing all the ladies. :PB)

Sure thing. Just let me know when you've changed the post, and I'll follow it up with a re-write for mine.

In the meantime, how about we all enjoy the one thing that unifies us all--the desire to see Reader punched in the face?

71a6b0b4e2d7cdb56a371c65ab643025.png

Go Remington!  :D

That's okay. ShinySparkle could be her rebound. :P

(It would be heartbreaking for her on a number of levels, and no rebound relationship with an Epic who makes shinies would cure her heartache. :(

Is it Seth or Set? Either way, I like him. Maybe he's from Tucson, Arizona, or Sonora, Mexico, and thinks the entire world should look more like the Sonoran Desert. OH! Maybe he's a snowbird who hates snow so much he's willing to turn Oregon into a desert to keep the snow away! :P

Sorry. Chicago Joe is in Newcago Chicago, upsetting Fortuity with his habit of stealing all the ladies. :PB)

I don´t even want to imagine the depressions caused... which means it has to happen even if Revolution doesn´t turn into an Epic. :ph34r:

Translations differ, that´s the problem with completly different alphabets. :P In germany Seth is the more common one I think and I do like it better personally but I guess both are tecnically correct. Congratulations, you just gave him more backstory than I ever did. ;)

I don´t even want to imagine the depressions caused... which means it has to happen even if Revolution doesn´t turn into an Epic. :ph34r:

Translations differ, that´s the problem with completly different alphabets. :P In germany Seth is the more common one I think and I do like it better personally but I guess both are tecnically correct. Congratulations, you just gave him more backstory than I ever did. ;)

We already have a Seth though  :ph34r:  :lol:

That would be sad. :(

(Isn't it odd that one of the sweetest canon pairings in the RP is between the unstable glittermancer and the guy she kidnapped rescued?)

'Tis being checked. :D

Also, I edited the chainsaw vs. diamonds post. Here is the link, though I doubt many major changes to other posts will be needed. 

Neat. What do I need to change now?

'Tis being checked. :D

Also, I edited the chainsaw vs. diamonds post. Here is the link, though I doubt many major changes to other posts will be needed. 

I like to imagine that everyone will punch Reader should they ever enter the Dalles. :P

Much appreciated. :D  Mine is already done. Also, I now imagine a AU where Funtimes is a mole(person). :ph34r:

We already have a Seth though  :ph34r:  :lol:

We also have two Rachels (plus one more in backstory) just assume that pre-epicfication names don´t count.

(Isn't it odd that one of the sweetest canon pairings in the RP is between the unstable glittermancer and the guy she kidnapped rescued?)

To be honest, given that Nathan is conspiring to flee from Funtimes I don´t think they actually count as a canon pairing. :unsure:

In the post after the one Twi edited should be a mention of Funtimes cutting through the wall and change that to the ground.

That would be sad. :(

I like to imagine that everyone will punch Reader should they ever enter the Dalles. :P

Much appreciated. :D  Mine is already done. Also, I now imagine a AU where Funtimes is a mole(person). :ph34r:

We also have two Rachels (plus one more in backstory) just assume that pre-epicfication names don´t count.

To be honest, given that Nathan is conspiring to flee from Funtimes I don´t think they actually count as a canon pairing. :unsure:

In the post after the one Twi edited should be a mention of Funtimes cutting through the wall and change that to the ground.

Like I said, there will be a line. :P 

Funtimes the mole-person. Shame there isn't a website where you can turn your character into an anthropomorphic mole. :P 

It definitely needs a healthier, more stable foundation than "I saved you from a sadistic precog and you ate some grump's radio and now we're dating YAY!" And Nathan would need to have some guarantee that Funtimes wouldn't come after him, allowing him to walk away at any time and evening the power balance between them. But were that to happen, I think they could have a sweet, stable relationship. :ph34r:

Yep, that's the only change of import. 

Like I said, there will be a line. :P

Funtimes the mole-person. Shame there isn't a website where you can turn your character into an anthropomorphic mole. :P

It definitely needs a healthier, more stable foundation than "I saved you from a sadistic precog and you ate some grump's radio and now we're dating YAY!" And Nathan would need to have some guarantee that Funtimes wouldn't come after him, allowing him to walk away at any time and evening the power balance between them. But were that to happen, I think they could have a sweet, stable relationship. :ph34r:

Yep, that's the only change of import. 

You know, if I had to pick one animal that most encapsulated the Funtimes spirit, I'm not sure if the mole is what I'd choose. :P

Yes, undoubtedly so. Their relationship couldn't be more unhealthy if it were a full-blown harem like Edgedancer keeps joking about. But, Funtimes just seems so sincere and star-struck about him that the whole pairing has a covering of outer sweetness. Like the good Doctor herself, I suppose.

Darn me and my overly specific, descriptive writing style. I've got several sentences describing the exact way she looked as she cut through the diamond wall.  <_<  :P I guess I'll be editing it soon.

You know, if I had to pick one animal that most encapsulated the Funtimes spirit, I'm not sure if the mole is what I'd choose. :P

Yes, undoubtedly so. Their relationship couldn't be more unhealthy if it were a full-blown harem like Edgedancer keeps joking about. But, Funtimes just seems so sincere and star-struck about him that the whole pairing has a covering of outer sweetness. Like the good Doctor herself, I suppose.

Darn me and my overly specific, descriptive writing style. I've got several sentences describing the exact way she looked as she cut through the diamond wall.  <_<  :P I guess I'll be editing it soon.

Not unless it were a sparkly mole. :P 

I do think that, were her powers not an issue and we were going by personality alone, they would have good chemistry. He's very much the laid-back, roll-with-the-punches type; she's bubbly and excited about everything. I guess it's the whole "opposites attract" thing. ;) But you're right: she really does like him. A lot. And there are moments when he finds her charming and sweet, but she does need to do something about her dangerous powers and hair-trigger temper for those moments to become more common than the ones where he finds her absolutely terrifying. 

Is this a job for….Unobservant!Sam? :P

I don´t think any animal could contain Funtimes true essence.

The opportunities just keep presenting themselves. :ph34r: Thinking about it that way they are kind of a nightmare-free version of Nighthound and Ray.

The curse of being awesome, what a shame. :P

I don´t think any animal could contain Funtimes true essence.

The opportunities just keep presenting themselves. :ph34r: Thinking about it that way they are kind of a nightmare-free version of Nighthound and Ray.

The curse of being awesome, what a shame. :P

Nyan Cat, maybe. :P 

Nighthound and Ray….without….nightmares? Trying….to….picture….

o.O

O.o

*squinting really hard* 

….

Okay, I think I got the last of the nightmares out of it. :P Sans nightmares, it could maybe work. But as things stand, the only way to improve that relationship would be to write the four sacred words: "And then Nighthound died." Best way to end a Nighthound/Ray date ever. ;P 

o.O

O.o

*squinting really hard* 

….

Okay, I think I got the last of the nightmares out of it. :P Sans nightmares, it could maybe work. But as things stand, the only way to improve that relationship would be to write the four sacred words: "And then Nighthound died." Best way to end a Nighthound/Ray date ever. ;P 

Who's more likely to actually create Nyan Cat in the RP--Panda or Chimera? :P

The bright side about Nighthound/Ray is that Ray could end up with literally anyone else in the RP, and her relationship status would have taken a step up. :P

o.O

O.o

*squinting really hard* 

….

Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan! :lol:

I only meant how in both relationships we have an Epic forcing a less powerful person into a relationship he/she wants to escape from. Are you alright? Hopefully you didn´t hurt your brain.

If Nighthound had his originally personality it could have workes out quite actually but then he would also still be in another relationship. Depending on what counts as a date I might look into that. :ph34r:

The bright side about Nighthound/Ray is that Ray could end up with literally anyone else in the RP, and her relationship status would have taken a step up. :P

You mean like the Unyciclist? ;) I think I also once made an RayXNathan joke that spawned his current hair color, given this paralel that might could have worked out,..

Probably Chimera. Panda has that whole "unhealthy obsession with pandas" thing. :P 

Ships that would be more healthy than Ray/Nighthound: 

Ray/Chimera

Ray/Chicago Joe

Ray/Nathan

Ray/Remington

Ray/Sam

Ray/Revolution

Ray/Unicyclist

Ray/Backtrack

Ray/Autumn

Ray/Vondra

Ray/Baxter

Ray/Panacea

Ray/Strongsteel

Ray/Flashpoint

Ray/random NPC whose name I forgot who watched Lightwards' raptors disembowel a kindly old man

Ray/raptor

Ray/random bartender Aldo unfortunately shot in the face

Ray/Cricket

And that's just the ones I could think of! :P 

Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan! :lol:

I only meant how in both relationships we have an Epic forcing a less powerful person into a relationship he/she wants to escape from. Are you alright? Hopefully you didn´t hurt your brain.

If Nighthound had his originally personality it could have workes out quite actually but then he would also still be in another relationship. Depending on what counts as a date I might look into that. :ph34r:

You mean like the Unyciclist? ;) I think I also once made an RayXNathan joke that spawned his current hair color, given this paralel that might could have worked out,..

True, although what separates Funtimes/Nathan from Nighthound/Ray is that Funtimes thinks it's mutual. And if she ever found out it wasn't, she would be crushed and horrified that she scared Nathan into liking her. Nighthound likes his relationships…well, like how they are now. :mellow::o 

Probably Chimera. Panda has that whole "unhealthy obsession with pandas" thing. :P

Ray/Chimera

Ray/Chicago Joe

Ray/Nathan

Ray/Remington

Ray/Sam

Ray/Revolution

Ray/Unicyclist

Ray/Backtrack

Ray/Autumn

Ray/Vondra

Ray/Baxter

Ray/Panacea

Ray/Strongsteel

Ray/Flashpoint

Ray/random NPC whose name I forgot who watched Lightwards' raptors disembowel a kindly old man

Ray/raptor

Ray/Cricket

True, although what separates Funtimes/Nathan from Nighthound/Ray is that Funtimes thinks it's mutual. And if she ever found out it wasn't, she would be crushed and horrified that she scared Nathan into liking her. Nighthound likes his relationships…well, like how they are now. :mellow::o

What's worse, Ray/Nighthound or Ray/Reader?

Ray/Chimera

Ray/Chicago Joe

Ray/Nathan

Ray/Remington

Ray/Sam

Ray/Revolution

Ray/Unicyclist

Ray/Backtrack

Ray/Autumn

Ray/Vondra

Ray/Baxter

Ray/Panacea

Ray/Strongsteel

Ray/Flashpoint

Ray/raptor

Ray/Cricket

You forgot--

Ray/Koschei

Ray/Mobius

Ray/Altermind

Ray/CorpseMaker

Ray/Murphy

Ray/Streetwise

Ray/Glamour

Ray/Panda

Ray/Claudius

You know what this RP really needs? A random shipping chart. :P

What's worse, Ray/Nighthound or Ray/Reader?

I'm a Nightreader shipper myself. :P

You forgot--

Ray/Koschei

Ray/Mobius

Ray/Altermind

Ray/CorpseMaker

Ray/Murphy

Ray/Streetwise

Ray/Glamour

Ray/Panda

Ray/Claudius

You know what this RP really needs? A random shipping chart. :P

I'm a Nightreader shipper myself. :P

I'm tempted to make that :D

Oh the karma!

EDIT: I'm actually making it. I'm just gonna go over to the Epics of Oregon thread and list all the characters there :D

Edited by mail-mi