I'm still doing a Sam catch-up post so Lightwards can introduce Funtimes and the vanillas. Then the meeting can really commence.

Meahnwhile, I´m working on the nightmares of Nighthound and Ray´s evening. It´s more horrid than you might think.

As for what Tulir missed, Remington made contact with the Reckoners/Blackfist, Lightwards took Sam´s mother prisoner and took a family friend as a warrior plus there has been planing for an Astoria game but that´s still going to take a while to start, I think.

Wait.

Is Purple Phoenix really the Pink Pinkness? :blink:

Hey, an Epic needs to have a theme and all the good ones were taken so he got stuck with effeminate colors :P

Actually given the joke about the Pink Pinkness' name that would be rather appropriate.

I got your back. :) I don't know how to lengthen individual bars though.

Thanks ;). Look at the top of the column at the letter(s) and hover your mouse over the right edge. A double sided arrow should replace your mouse. Click and drag the column to the appropriate length.

She head-butted him, causing the Slontz to let go of her and spin around, while giving out a loud laughter. “Attention neighborhood! I feel the need to celebrate and my consort is in the mood for violence, so you have to serve as our festival meal. Should, by a miracle, any of you survive you might file your complaints to the megalomaniac Necromancer living in the flying museum.”

"Pardon me?"

The vanilla man stared defiantly, nursing an arm in a sling with a bag of salvaged belongings by his side. "You heard me. I demand compensation."

Lightwards stared blankly for a minute before chuckling. "For what, if I may ask?"

The vanilla's eyes flashed dangerously. "Your representative clearly stated that complaints were to be carried to his superior officer. I demand compensation for damages done to my neighborhood and family members."

Fighting the urge to laugh harder, Lightwards humored him. "For the sake of argument, what is the extent of the damages?"

"My neighborhood is in ashes and my family is dead."

"Is that all?" Lightwards sighed irritably.

"They were horribly murdered."

"Cry me a river."

"And he smiled while he did it," the man pressed.

"Yes," Lightwards replied. "Nighthound has a very positive work ethic."

"So aren't you going to do anything about it?" the man finished angrily.

Lightwards put a finger on his chin, thinking for a moment. "Actually," he said finally, "I think I have a solution. I can arrange to have you transferred to a special division of my personal retinue. Nighthound is prohibited from harming them."

"You could never give me enough," the man sniffed. "But this will do. For now. What's this division called?"

"The Warriors of Light," the necromancer replied with a smile.

"Ugh. That's probably the most delusional thing I've heard all week. Is there a form?"

"Nope. Just close your eyes for a sec."

One death and reanimation later, Emperor Lightwards sent his newest zombie on a special mission. That mission was a command: "Stop telling people to come complaining to me."

"Pardon me?"

The vanilla man stared defiantly, nursing an arm in a sling with a bag of salvaged belongings by his side. "You heard me. I demand compensation."

Lightwards stared blankly for a minute before chuckling. "For what, if I may ask?"

The vanilla's eyes flashed dangerously. "Your representative clearly stated that complaints were to be carried to his superior officer. I demand compensation for damages done to my neighborhood and family members."

Fighting the urge to laugh harder, Lightwards humored him. "For the sake of argument, what is the extent of the damages?"

"Cry me a river."

Lightwards put a finger on his chin, thinking for a moment. "Actually," he said finally, "I think I have a solution. I can arrange to have you transferred to a special division of my personal retinue. Nighthound is prohibited from harming them."

"You could never give me enough," the man sniffed. "But this will do. For now. What's this division called?"

"Ugh. That's probably the most delusional thing I've heard all week. Is there a form?"

One death and reanimation later, Emperor Lightwards sent his newest zombie on a special mission. That mission was a command: "Stop telling people to come complaining to me."

Shame he didn't complain to Funtimes. Had it been after she met Panacea at the dachshund rescue, the good Doctor would have appointed him Imperial Dachshund Wrangler and President of Joyness. :P

"Pardon me?"

"Cry me a river."

I feel really sorry for this guy. Black humor none withstanding. :P

Epic Name: Bill the Obliterator

Power: He is FAT. Very fat.

Modes Operandi: He sits on people. ( :o)

Bill the Obliterator sat on Nighthound. Nighthound's strength and brutality were no match for Bill's enormous backside. And that is how Nighthound died.

I'm not sure if this is overkill, or one of the few horrible deaths karmic enough for Nighthound.  :mellow:  :P

Shame he didn't complain to Funtimes. Had it been after she met Panacea at the dachshund rescue, the good Doctor would have appointed him Imperial Dachshund Wrangler and President of Joyness. :P

Does Funtimes just wander around the country passing out odd titles like that? :P

Lucentia + Timeport = Diamonds are Forever

Lucentia+Hawkwing=Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds(and machine guns). :P

Ooh, our first expansion pack!

I added the Destructors and the Connell Epics last night too. 

Speaking of those, Mail-mi will be adopting Metalmech, for at least the Connell invasion (and probably in the long run) and Hundred-Eyes. Voidus will take control of Maodun.

I'm not sure if this is overkill, or one of the few horrible deaths karmic enough for Nighthound. :mellow::P

Does Funtimes just wander around the country passing out odd titles like that? :P

I like to think its karmic. :P

Remember when Lightsong complained of how random the gods' names and titles were?

Lightsong felt like singing as he strode through the hall. A light song, perhaps? Is that where I got my name? The thought brought a smile to his lips. The question would not remain unanswered for long.

Today. After all his waiting. All his wondering. All his searching. Today, at last, he would meet the gin-fueled monkey tasked with assigning names.

His heart pounded as he reached for the doorknob. How did one greet a monkey? A high-pitched chatter? Or was a gift more appropriate? Lightsong took the banana from his pocket and peeled it partway, silently blessing his dream. The short-haired man in the strange leather cloak had given surprisingly good advice, though Lightsong hadn't known until this moment why bringing a banana to a party was so sound a suggestion.

Drawing a breath for courage, Lightsong the Bold opened the door.

But there was no monkey.

A small woman in a strange, short dress that hurt his Heightened eyes stood at a brightly painted desk. Her socks and hair both glittered. She hopped from one foot to the other, muttering as she wrote.

"How about Morningdawn the Regal? Oh, that's good...oh! Fallingtree the Safe! No...Fallingtree the Awesome?"

Lightsong could contain it no longer. "What in the name of me is going on here?"

The woman looked up at him, hands fluttering beside her cheeks in pleasant shock. "Lightsong the Bold! I always liked your name so so much!"

"You? You...you pick our names?"

She nodded eagerly, jumping up and down, dress bouncing. "I did and I do because I'm so so good at picking names!" She squealed. "Lightsong! That was always my favorite. Do you like it? Please please please say you like it!"

For a long moment, Lightsong stared, gaping in silence. "Well," he said when he found his voice, "this actually makes far more sense than the monkey."

I like to think its karmic. :P

Remember when Lightsong complained of how random the gods' names and titles were?

Lightsong felt like singing as he strode through the hall. A light song, perhaps? Is that where I got my name? The thought brought a smile to his lips. The question would not remain unanswered for long.

Today. After all his waiting. All his wondering. All his searching. Today, at last, he would meet the gin-fueled monkey tasked with assigning names.

His heart pounded as he reached for the doorknob. How did one greet a monkey? A high-pitched chatter? Or was a gift more appropriate? Lightsong took the banana from his pocket and peeled it partway, silently blessing his dream. The short-haired man in the strange leather cloak had given surprisingly good advice, though Lightsong hadn't known until this moment why bringing a banana to a party was so sound a suggestion.

Drawing a breath for courage, Lightsong the Bold opened the door.

But there was no monkey.

A small woman in a strange, short dress that hurt his Heightened eyes stood at a brightly painted desk. Her socks and hair both glittered. She hopped from one foot to the other, muttering as she wrote.

"How about Morningdawn the Regal? Oh, that's good...oh! Fallingtree the Safe! No...Fallingtree the Awesome?"

Lightsong could contain it no longer. "What in the name of me is going on here?"

The woman looked up at him, hands fluttering beside her cheeks in pleasant shock. "Lightsong the Bold! I always liked your name so so much!"

"You? You...you pick our names?"

She nodded eagerly, jumping up and down, dress bouncing. "I did and I do because I'm so so good at picking names!" She squealed. "Lightsong! That was always my favorite. Do you like it? Please please please say you like it!"

For a long moment, Lightsong stared, gaping in silence. "Well," he said when he found his voice, "this actually makes far more sense than the monkey."

* clink *

Do you hear that? That was the sound of a new headcanon being accepted. :D

(I've got at least half a dozen random Oregon/Warbreaker crossovers stuck in my head. I'm just waiting for you to finish the book at this point. :P)

* clink *

Do you hear that? That was the sound of a new headcanon being accepted. :D

(I've got at least half a dozen random Oregon/Warbreaker crossovers stuck in my head. I'm just waiting for you to finish the book at this point. :P)

:D

(I'm on chapter 42 of 58, plus the epilogue. Not too much longer now. :P)