Poor Timeport, so overconfident in his meager abilities  -_-

In other news, time for another of Mail-Mi's Random ShipsTM! This time, it's StrongHold/Blindside: Strongside!

Edited by mail-mi

There's a very irrational part of me that wants to see this happen. :P

Forget Stephen Lang. This is what Vondra looks like from now on. :P

Vondra is full of underutilized shipping potential. ;) 

I'll keep that in mind when I'm envisioning Funtimes sitting on the opposite side of his desk. :P

Vondra is full of underutilized shipping potential. ;)

I'll keep that in mind when I'm envisioning Funtimes sitting on the opposite side of his desk. :P

Ooh! Funtimes/Vondra can be "Mayor of Crazytown"! :P

(Also, it would be wholly criminal not to call Timeport/Hawkwing "Time Flies." :P)

Ooh! Funtimes/Vondra can be "Mayor of Crazytown"! :P

(Also, it would be wholly criminal not to call Timeport/Hawkwing "Time Flies." :P)

Added to the chart. :D 

Trying to come up with a clever name for Backtrack/Koschei. Because, aside from the fact that they would have a dysfunctional relationship with nightmare fuel to rival Nighthound/Ray, it needs a name. 

Added to the chart. :D

Trying to come up with a clever name for Backtrack/Koschei. Because, aside from the fact that they would have a dysfunctional relationship with nightmare fuel to rival Nighthound/Ray, it needs a name. 

Perhaps " *eep* ", in honor of Backtrack's reaction to it? :P

Backtrack/Autumn could be "Pink Glasses." :P

Perhaps " *eep* ", in honor of Backtrack's reaction to it? :P

Backtrack/Autumn could be "Pink Glasses." :P

*whimper,* What Did I Do to Deserve This?, and Back Away Slowly would also work nicely. :P 

I never thought Autumn's name would have almost as much shipping potential as Revolution. :P

*whimper,* What Did I Do to Deserve This?, and Back Away Slowly would also work nicely. :P

I never thought Autumn's name would have almost as much shipping potential as Revolution. :P

I think the word "Nope" would be adequate to fill quite a few blocks on the chart. :P

Ship her with Jingleberry and you get "Christmas in Autumn."

Nor I with Timeport :P

I love this shipping chart!  :D

You're welcome :D

Edited by mail-mi

Do not open the spoiler tag if you have not seen the latest Doctor Who episode.

Doctor Who: Dark Water is making Lightwards' power much more disturbing. O.o

Dark Water spoilers:

"And then they actually had the gall to point guns at me! I'm trying to fight a war to free them from the ravages of death, but they are determined to fight me at every turn..."

Lightwards paused in mid-rant, glancing around at his surroundings. "I--where is this?"

He was sitting in a cozy chair, a bland office room all around him. There were no decorations save for a curtain over a window, and a mild man in a crisp suit sat behind the desk. A tag on the desk itself named him "Seb."

"Ah, well," Seb began cheerfully. "That is a very big question. Try to take it slow."

"I can't take anything slow," Lightwards snapped, "I'm fighting a war! I need to get back so I can kill CorpseMaker..."

"Ah, CorpseMaker," Seb replied, making an odd face. "Yes, we've had quite a few in from him. So I suppose you were fighting him in that war in Portland, correct?"

"I am fighting a war in Portland, you bureaucratic twit," Lightwards fumed. "Just as soon as you quit babbling and tell me where I am!"

The man behind the desk sighed. "You haven't quite figured it out, have you?"

"Figured what out?"

"That answers the question," Seb sighed again. "Well, let's look at the facts as you remember them. You were fighting a war with CorpseMaker, men pointed guns at you... I'm guessing you heard a shot before you wound up here?"

"Yes," replied Lightwards brusquely. "But I hardly see..." He trailed off, then glared. "You're not implying that I died, are you?"

"Bingo," Seb said with a smile. "You're faster than most, to be honest."

"But... but..." Lightwards stuttered for a moment before resuming his scowl. "But that's absurd!" he snapped. "I've died three times--three times!--and I've never ended up in some soulless office complex!"

"Well you are a special case," Seb said thoughtfully. "You've certainly had a few, shall we say, close calls, but your Epicness has always kept you the teensiest bit alive. But now..."

Lightwards continued ranting, cutting him off. "Enough of this nonsense! Tell me how to resurrect again."

"I'm afraid you rather can't this time--"

"Tell me how!"

"You're really not listening," sighed a very resigned Seb. "You're dead. No bones about it. This time you're really, completely dead. No resurrection."

"But..." Lightwards glared, his eyes bulging out of his head for a moment. Finally however, he leaned back in his chair with a helpless expression. "How?"

"Your weakness was in effect," Seb said sympathetically. "You know how it is." He gave a slightly conspiratorial wink. "I'm afraid you're quite dead now, and this... this is what comes next."

Lightwards glanced around at the dreary office around him, rubbing his forehead in frustration. After a moment, his foot jerked involuntarily with a shot of pain.

"Agh!" he yelped, hopping out of his chair. "What was that? If I'm supposed to be dead, why am I having joint pains?"

"Ah, yes," Seb replied. "That brings us to the next point on our agenda. You see, you feel whatever your body feels... and right now, your body's going through a teeny bit of abuse."

Lightwards raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Well," Seb began reluctantly. "Let's just say that there's a bit of karma involved in this sort of thing. You see... you've built up quite a few people on this side of death who aren't entirely your friends. A lot of them have requested to meet you, in fact. Mr. and Mrs. Sadry, Pamela Tithers, a fellow named Donald..."

Seb trailed off, then took a sip of coffee. "The list could go on, but what's really important in this context are all the people on the other side of death angry with you."

"Again," Lightward growled, "Explain what the sparks you're talking a--" He cut off with another yelp, clutching his hand. "What in Calamity's name is going on?"

"A man named Remington Springfield got your body," Seb explained softly. "Charming fellow. He sent us in a fairly powerful Epic a couple years back. But again, what's really important here is that after you died, he... well, Black Fist, wanted to make an example of how the common man can fight back against Epics, so they sort of..."

Lightwards was writhing back in the chair now, wincing with sharp pains. "What? What are they doing?"

"They're having a parade," Seb replied, cracking a mirthless smile. "I'm afraid they're rather parading your body down the street. And, stabbing it with pointy projectiles. And now they've tied you to a stake... and now they're about to burn you as an effigy. Terribly sorry."

By this point Lightwards' curses had descended into incoherent screams of agony, so Seb stopped talking. After a moment, he walked to the office door, mug of coffee in hand.

"We've got a burner in Tube Seven!"

What did you think of the episode in general?

Dark Water spoilers:

"And then they actually had the gall to point guns at me! I'm trying to fight a war to free them from the ravages of death, but they are determined to fight me at every turn..."

Lightwards paused in mid-rant, glancing around at his surroundings. "I--where is this?"

He was sitting in a cozy chair, a bland office room all around him. There were no decorations save for a curtain over a window, and a mild man in a crisp suit sat behind the desk. A tag on the desk itself named him "Seb."

"Ah, well," Seb began cheerfully. "That is a very big question. Try to take it slow."

"I can't take anything slow," Lightwards snapped, "I'm fighting a war! I need to get back so I can kill CorpseMaker..."

"Ah, CorpseMaker," Seb replied, making an odd face. "Yes, we've had quite a few in from him. So I suppose you were fighting him in that war in Portland, correct?"

"I am fighting a war in Portland, you bureaucratic twit," Lightwards fumed. "Just as soon as you quit babbling and tell me where I am!"

The man behind the desk sighed. "You haven't quite figured it out, have you?"

"Figured what out?"

"That answers the question," Seb sighed again. "Well, let's look at the facts as you remember them. You were fighting a war with CorpseMaker, men pointed guns at you... I'm guessing you heard a shot before you wound up here?"

"Yes," replied Lightwards brusquely. "But I hardly see..." He trailed off, then glared. "You're not implying that I died, are you?"

"Bingo," Seb said with a smile. "You're faster than most, to be honest."

"But... but..." Lightwards stuttered for a moment before resuming his scowl. "But that's absurd!" he snapped. "I've died three times--three times!--and I've never ended up in some soulless office complex!"

"Well you are a special case," Seb said thoughtfully. "You've certainly had a few, shall we say, close calls, but your Epicness has always kept you the teensiest bit alive. But now..."

Lightwards continued ranting, cutting him off. "Enough of this nonsense! Tell me how to resurrect again."

"I'm afraid you rather can't this time--"

"Tell me how!"

"You're really not listening," sighed a very resigned Seb. "You're dead. No bones about it. This time you're really, completely dead. No resurrection."

"But..." Lightwards glared, his eyes bulging out of his head for a moment. Finally however, he leaned back in his chair with a helpless expression. "How?"

"Your weakness was in effect," Seb said sympathetically. "You know how it is." He gave a slightly conspiratorial wink. "I'm afraid you're quite dead now, and this... this is what comes next."

Lightwards glanced around at the dreary office around him, rubbing his forehead in frustration. After a moment, his foot jerked involuntarily with a shot of pain.

"Agh!" he yelped, hopping out of his chair. "What was that? If I'm supposed to be dead, why am I having joint pains?"

"Ah, yes," Seb replied. "That brings us to the next point on our agenda. You see, you feel whatever your body feels... and right now, your body's going through a teeny bit of abuse."

Lightwards raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"Well," Seb began reluctantly. "Let's just say that there's a bit of karma involved in this sort of thing. You see... you've built up quite a few people on this side of death who aren't entirely your friends. A lot of them have requested to meet you, in fact. Mr. and Mrs. Sadry, Pamela Tithers, a fellow named Donald..."

Seb trailed off, then took a sip of coffee. "The list could go on, but what's really important in this context are all the people on the other side of death angry with you."

"Again," Lightward growled, "Explain what the sparks you're talking a--" He cut off with another yelp, clutching his hand. "What in Calamity's name is going on?"

"A man named Remington Springfield got your body," Seb explained softly. "Charming fellow. He sent us in a fairly powerful Epic a couple years back. But again, what's really important here is that after you died, he... well, Black Fist, wanted to make an example of how the common man can fight back against Epics, so they sort of..."

Lightwards was writhing back in the chair now, wincing with sharp pains. "What? What are they doing?"

"They're having a parade," Seb replied, cracking a mirthless smile. "I'm afraid they're rather parading your body down the street. And, stabbing it with pointy projectiles. And now they've tied you to a stake... and now they're about to burn you as an effigy. Terribly sorry."

By this point Lightwards' curses had descended into incoherent screams of agony, so Seb stopped talking. After a moment, he walked to the office door, mug of coffee in hand.

"We've got a burner in Tube Seven!"

What did you think of the episode in general?

Kobold! You're giving away the whole ending! :P

...actually, that part is probably no surprise to anyone who has read a single Lightwards or Remington post so far. Remarkably cathartic, too.

I've only seen part one, but I loved it. Twisted, with a healthy dose of black comedy and typical Who pathos--and a reveal I suspected from Missy's first appearance, a reveal that still blew my mind.

A reveal that was perfect in just how creepy it was.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Kobold! You're giving away the whole ending! :P

...actually, that part is probably no surprise to anyone who has read a single Lightwards or Remington post so far. Remarkably cathartic, too.

I've only seen part one, but I loved it. Twisted, with a healthy dose of black comedy and typical Who pathos--and a reveal I suspected from Missy's first appearance, a reveal that still blew my mind.

A reveal that was perfect in just how creepy it was.

I didn't really give anything away. It was every bit as non-canon as the Sunburst-Vaporizes-Everybody fanfiction. :P

I may or may not have been waiting to write that scene ever since I saw the episode.  :ph34r:

Again, Doctor Who: Dark Water spoilers. If you have not seen the episode, you definitely shouldn't open the spoiler tag below.

tumblr_mzv8aoOukH1r9im9ao8_5001.gif

Seriously. Don't go any further if you haven't seen the episode.

I'd read theories online guessing that Missy was short for "Mistress," so I wasn't entirely surprised when the theory was confirmed. It was still a beautifully executed scene--and when I say "brilliantly executed," I also refer to her execution of Dr. Chang. Never has the phrase "Say something nice" been so sinister. :o

All things weighed and considered, Michelle Gomez is my favorite Master yet. Which is really saying something, considering my enduring love for John Simm in the role. :D

I haven't either, and I probably won't. I try to avoid watching Tv shows. I always get addicted and Binge watch the entire Series.

Spoilers!!!

Seriously though, why so many Spoilers?

Fair warning, I decided to make enough that you couldn't actually read anything. Don't go past this point.

Edited by The Only Joe

I didn't really give anything away. It was every bit as non-canon as the Sunburst-Vaporizes-Everybody fanfiction. :P

I may or may not have been waiting to write that scene ever since I saw the episode.  :ph34r:

Again, Doctor Who: Dark Water spoilers. If you have not seen the episode, you definitely shouldn't open the spoiler tag below.

tumblr_mzv8aoOukH1r9im9ao8_5001.gif

Seriously. Don't go any further if you haven't seen the episode.

I'd read theories online guessing that Missy was short for "Mistress," so I wasn't entirely surprised when the theory was confirmed. It was still a beautifully executed scene--and when I say "brilliantly executed," I also refer to her execution of Dr. Chang. Never has the phrase "Say something nice" been so sinister. :o

All things weighed and considered, Michelle Gomez is my favorite Master yet. Which is really saying something, considering my enduring love for John Simm in the role. :D

Yes, but the parade? The pointy objects? The burning in effigy? That may as well have been canon. :P

I had a hunch they'd cast a female Master next. I know they had Matt Smith's Doctor offhandedly mention the Corsair to leave it open to cast a female Doctor, but that worked brilliantly with a female Master, too. (They might have also not wanted to let a perfectly good line like that go to waste. :P

Gomez was delightfully psychotic. She took the energy of John Simm, melded it with the depraved joy of Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange, and played up every moment she was onscreen to chilling perfection. I had a hunch her "My heart is sustained by the doctor" was meant to have the word Doctor capitalized….and it was perfectly creepy in context.

I really, really hope this Master sticks around for a while, because not only is the Master one of my favorite Who villains, but this Master is already shaping up to be one of the best. :D

I haven't either, and I probably won't. I try to avoid watching Tv shows. I always get addicted and Binge watch the entire Series.

Spoilers!!!

Seriously though, why so many Spoilers?

Fair warning, I decided to make enough that you couldn't actually read anything. Don't go past this point.

Yes, I did open every one of those.

So did I.