All right-y. I'll figure out a reply and get something written when I can. I hope to be able to post in The Dalles and Portland this weekend. (Maybe before then. I'd really like to post before then.)

Changed my profile picture, by the way. Might change it back, if I get tired of my own pony face smiling smugly at me from the screen. :P

I like it. :) Still not sure if I want to switch out Doctor Funtimes for another pony of mine. Probably not Koschei, though. While I like the way that pony turned out, I don't think I want him that close. :P

AAAH! CHANGE! TOO MUCH CHANGE! The pictures are all different!!!
Oh well. :P

I can't decide. I think his weight would, but it wouldn't be so heavy that he couldn't move.

I like that skeleton idea. Only Smasher isn't really very smart in science things, so there wouldn't be this whole explanation, just that his skeleton was increased, but the rest of his body wasn't. Except for whichever parts of his body hit the ground. So, with the shield idea, it'd be him falling from Hawkwing's flight and used the shield held underneath him to help break the fall, he'd increase his skeleton all the way and leave the rest of himself normal. Correct?

Yup, that's the idea. I think the skeleton thing is simple enough that you don't need to be too science minded to at least try it out so should still be in character. :) Maybe reference getting some bruises from the early times he tried it when he forgot to reinforce the skin that made contact too? Combined with the shield this should produce a decent shockwave too.

I think there'd be a bit of muscle stiffness after any particularly large falls like this, but it wouldn't do any lasting damage, it'd actually probably be the equivalent of a decent workout all over his body so he'd get pretty strong if he did this regularly enough.

I'm planning a new Paladin post for The Dalles. Should be the second to last one before the timelines sync up.

Kobold, what would be the best way for Paladin and crew to become involved in the fighting without Arsenal/Vondra/anyone else immediately wanting to kill them?

I like Ms. Sparkle so far (no not that one.) Is she from The Dalles, or has she just arrived in the city? Also, do I need to do a Backtrack post soon?

I see her landing strategy was successful. :P  I figured she´s from Dallesport, which if my research doesn´t fail me is another city right across the river, and teleported to the Dalles after noticing something (pigs) in the sky over them.

AAAH! CHANGE! TOO MUCH CHANGE! The pictures are all different!!!

Oh well. :P

It happens when people start introducing new Epics.

I'm planning a new Paladin post for The Dalles. Should be the second to last one before the timelines sync up.

Kobold, what would be the best way for Paladin and crew to become involved in the fighting without Arsenal/Vondra/anyone else immediately wanting to kill them?

When in doubt do what I did, slaughter their enemy´s forces. B) Bonus points for said enemies being freaks of nature. :P

Again such a slow day. Contemplate this: 1) The Dalles are currently the weirdest place I have seen outside anime and Backtrack might have to give Lightwards a report of what is going on.

2) If all our jokes turn into canon is there an Epic whose sole power is killing Nighthound?

3)Little girls using secret mind control powers.

Real name: A totally normal name that I should definitely be able to think of
Epic name: Epilogue
Primary power: Causing any situation to end with Nighthounds death. Even if Nighthound is already dead he will become alive again for precisely the length of time needed for him to die.

Bio: Epilogue had absolutely no idea he was an Epic for a significant length of time owing to the very specific nature of his powers.

But then everything changed when Nighthound attacked.

Real name: A totally normal name that I should definitely be able to think of

Epic name: Epilogue

Primary power: Causing any situation to end with Nighthounds death. Even if Nighthound is already dead he will become alive again for precisely the length of time needed for him to die.

Bio: Epilogue had absolutely no idea he was an Epic for a significant length of time owing to the very specific nature of his powers.

But then everything changed when Nighthound attacked.

There are not enough upvotes in the world for this Epic. :D

There are not enough upvotes in the world for this Epic. :D

Agreed, but I threw mine to him nonetheless. :D

Again such a slow day. Contemplate this: 1) The Dalles are currently the weirdest place I have seen outside anime and Backtrack might have to give Lightwards a report of what is going on.

Oh, Backtrack will definitely be giving a report. Lightwards may or may not press a gun to his forehead for having the audacity to imagine such nonsense.  :ph34r:  :P

I'm curious about what these animes are, if they're stranger than The Dalles.  :huh:

Agreed, but I threw mine to him nonetheless. :D

Oh, Backtrack will definitely be giving a report. Lightwards may or may not press a gun to his forehead for having the audacity to imagine such nonsense. :ph34r::P

I'm curious about what these animes are, if they're stranger than The Dalles. :huh:

Lightwards is frenemies with Funtimes and he still finds it hard to believe in flying pigs and talking pandas? I somehow get the feeling that he'd be the Vernon Dursley type of parent: "Motorcycles don't fly! How dare your subconscious project that seditious image into your head!" :P

Yeah, me too. They sound kind of awesome.

Lightwards is frenemies with Funtimes and he still finds it hard to believe in flying pigs and talking pandas? I somehow get the feeling that he'd be the Vernon Dursley type of parent: "Motorcycles don't fly! How dare your subconscious project that seditious image into your head!" :P

Yeah, me too. They sound kind of awesome.

"Yer a wizard, Backtrack."

"There is no such thing as magic! GET OUT OF MY REMOTE SEASIDE SHACK!"

And then it turns out that quiet, stuttering, somewhat grouchy Professor Cardinal has Koschei the sparking Deathless' face hiding under his horrible green bowler hat!

The best selling fantasy novel, "Steven Lawrence and the WORST SCHOOL EVER."

Be sure to check out the subsequent installations of this timeless series:

• Steven Lawrence and the WORST PLUMBING SYSTEM EVER
  • Steven Lawrence and the WORST PRISON EVER
  • Steven Lawrence and the WORST COMPETITION EVER
  • Steven Lawrence and the WORST TEACHER EVER
  • Steven Lawrence and the WORST WIZARDING WAR EVER
  • Steven Lawrence and the WORST DARK WIZARD EVER

The best selling fantasy novel, "Steven Lawrence and the WORST SCHOOL EVER."

Be sure to check out the subsequent installations of this timeless series:

• Steven Lawrence and the WORST PLUMBING SYSTEM EVER
  • Steven Lawrence and the WORST PRISON EVER
  • Steven Lawrence and the WORST COMPETITION EVER
  • Steven Lawrence and the WORST TEACHER EVER
  • Steven Lawrence and the WORST WIZARDING WAR EVER
  • Steven Lawrence and the WORST DARK WIZARD EVER

If you're into that sort of thing, you can also check out the popular fan fiction titles written from the perspective of his least favorite teacher, Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes: 

• Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes and the BEST SCHOOL EVER 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes Wishes She Had Time to Explore the WORST PLUMBING SYSTEM EVER 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes Would Take Cookies to the WORST PRISON EVER If It Weren't for that Stupid Minister of Stupid Magic and Stupidness 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes and the Year The Whiniest Student Ever Got to Compete in the WORST COMPETITION EVER Even Though He Didn't Want To 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes and the WORST TEACHER EVER Who Didn't Respond to the Singing Howlers That Were Sent to Her Office Every Hour, on the Hour 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes and the WORST WIZARDING WAR EVER That Was Somehow NOT Solved With a Spontaneous Musical Number, What Kind of a Monster is this Koschei Guy, Anyway? 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes and the Year The Whiniest Student Ever Defeated the WORST DARK WIZARD EVER And Did Not Stop Whining About It Until the Heat Death of the Universe 

If you're into that sort of thing, you can also check out the popular fan fiction titles written from the perspective of his least favorite teacher, Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes: 

• Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes and the BEST SCHOOL EVER 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes Wishes She Had Time to Explore the WORST PLUMBING SYSTEM EVER 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes Would Take Cookies to the WORST PRISON EVER If It Weren't for that Stupid Minister of Stupid Magic and Stupidness 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes and the Year The Whiniest Student Ever Got to Compete in the WORST COMPETITION EVER Even Though He Didn't Want To 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes and the WORST TEACHER EVER Who Didn't Respond to the Singing Howlers That Were Sent to Her Office Every Hour, on the Hour 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes and the WORST WIZARDING WAR EVER That Was Somehow NOT Solved With a Spontaneous Musical Number, What Kind of a Monster is this Koschei Guy, Anyway? 
    • Miss Doctor Professor Funtimes and the Year The Whiniest Student Ever Defeated the WORST DARK WIZARD EVER And Did Not Stop Whining About It Until the Heat Death of the Universe 

It's way better than the fanfic series about Professor Milton Towren, which was kind of boring.

• Professor Towren and the Ineffective Security Vault
  • Professor Towren and the Inadequate Plumbing Regulations
  • Professor Towren and the Inadequacy of the Wizarding Judicial System
  • Professor Towren and the Impartial Mechanism for Champion Selection
  • Professor Towren and the Inefficient Attempt at Educational Reform
  • Professor Towren and the Insufficient Funding for New Textbooks Due to the War
  • Professor Towren and the Insane Dark Wizard Disrupting Intellectual Pursuits

It's way better than the fanfic series about Professor Milton Towren, which was kind of boring.

• Professor Towren and the Ineffective Security Vault
  • Professor Towren and the Inadequate Plumbing Regulations
  • Professor Towren and the Inadequacy of the Wizarding Judicial System
  • Professor Towren and the Impartial Mechanism for Champion Selection
  • Professor Towren and the Inefficient Attempt at Educational Reform
  • Professor Towren and the Insufficient Funding for New Textbooks Due to the War
  • Professor Towren and the Insane Dark Wizard Disrupting Intellectual Pursuits

At least those are still available, unlike the infamous series told from Michael Jager's—commonly known as Koschei's Nighthound—perspective. Those were removed from a site known for hosting M-rated stories for being "too disturbing for mortal vision." Fortunately, the crowd-pleasing And Then the Nighthound Died series of one-shots is still available. Current chapter: "Michael Jager and the Year CPS Agents Were Given Green Beret Training and Armed with Rocket Launchers and Construction Cranes." 

Oh, Backtrack will definitely be giving a report. Lightwards may or may not press a gun to his forehead for having the audacity to imagine such nonsense.  :ph34r:  :P

I'm curious about what these animes are, if they're stranger than The Dalles.  :huh:

He needs to bring witnesses... actually could Backtrack just show Lightwards what happend by using his power on himself. :huh:

Lets see, what can I think of on the top of my head.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: The protagonists are literally fueld by the power of awesome! Just look at the ultimate form of their mecha (well ignoring the even larger form in the movie.)

16069-tengen_toppa_gurren_lagann_super.j Yes those are galaxies in the background, it is that huge!

Jojo´s bizarre adventure: It has multiple parts, just let me sumarize the pitch for part 7 I´m currently reading.

A horse race in alternate history (the entire universe just got recreated in canon, don´t ask) wilde west America, which gets sidetracked by the search for Jesus mumified body to keep the President from taking over the world

and that´s not even talking about some of the powers in there.

Fair warning the older parts are even older than me, so some of the science is downright wrong.

Haruhi Suzumiya: Let me explain it in terms that make it easy to understand. Imagine Funtimes as a "ordinary" schoolgirl, take away her Epic powers and instead give her reallity altering powers she is unaware of. The series is then told from Nathan´s perspective, trying to stop her retconning the world.

Soul Eater: In the later parts of the series insanity becomes an actual power source for the characters.

The world ends with you (actually a game): Dead people get another chance at life if they manage to survive a week long death game with supernatural beings trying to erase them. To be honest, the strangeness comes more from the game being heavily stylized.

He needs to bring witnesses... actually could Backtrack just show Lightwards what happend by using his power on himself. :huh:

Lets see, what can I think of on the top of my head.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: The protagonists are literally fueld by the power of awesome! Just look at the ultimate form of their mecha (well ignoring the even larger form in the movie.)

16069-tengen_toppa_gurren_lagann_super.j Yes those are galaxies in the background, it is that huge!

Can I have one? 

Jojo´s bizarre adventure: It has multiple parts, just let me sumarize the pitch for part 7 I´m currently reading.

A horse race in alternate history (the entire universe just got recreated in canon, don´t ask) wilde west America, which gets sidetracked by the search for Jesus mumified body to keep the President from taking over the world

and that´s not even talking about some of the powers in there.

Fair warning the older parts are even older than me, so some of the science is downright wrong.

Doctor_wait_what.gif

Haruhi Suzumiya: Let me explain it in terms that make it easy to understand. Imagine Funtimes as a "ordinary" schoolgirl, take away her Epic powers and instead give her reallity altering powers she is unaware of. The series is then told from Nathan´s perspective, trying to stop her retconning the world.

312i6p2.gif

Soul Eater: In the later parts of the series insanity becomes an actual power source for the characters.

That sounds ridiculously fun. 

The world ends with you (actually a game): Dead people get another chance at life if they manage to survive a week long death game with supernatural beings trying to erase them. To be honest, the strangeness comes more from the game being heavily stylized.

How so? 

How so? 

That´s very hard to explain. The game is set in Shibuya and captures the towns essence from art style to themes and gameplay mechanics. It´s probably something you would have to take a look at yourself, if you want to understand it.

The threads sure have been inactive lately, not even a full page further than we were last night?

I'm working on an amazing combined Chi/Timeport post with Mailliw, then I'll be writing a Miner post that introduces Ironmonger to the Dalles, so sorry if I'm holding things up :-/ just let it be known that the hold up will be worth it ;)

School's out for a week, and my Sanderson Elimination Game is over, so I'll be able to actually post an RP tomorrow. After I catch up on sleep.

When will we get to see the Chi/Timeport Post?

When it's done ;)

The threads sure have been inactive lately, not even a full page further than we were last night?

I could write something but with Voidgaze I´m waiting for the MEE attack to start proper and I´m not sure you want to know every detail of Nighthound´s evening trip.

I could write something but with Voidgaze I´m waiting for the MEE attack to start proper and I´m not sure you want to know every detail of Nighthound´s evening trip.

I'm just waiting on the TT/MoNA meeting to progress a bit more before getting the attack underway, so that AM doesn't get called away 5 seconds into the meeting.

Unless it ends with 'and then Nighthound died' I think you might be right :P

I'm just waiting on the TT/MoNA meeting to progress a bit more before getting the attack underway, so that AM doesn't get called away 5 seconds into the meeting.

Unless it ends with 'and then Nighthound died' I think you might be right :P

Actually, what´s your opinion for having Shyiny Sparkle landing close by to Autumn&co and Arsenal giving out the okay for the twins to join the fight?