I was about to say that maybe hatred + strong powers = alicorn, but Lightwards and Lucentia (both earth ponies) are arguably the most hateful of them all. And then I was going to say that maybe cruelty + strong powers = alicorn, but Ray's biggest atrocity is probably knocking someone over on her bike, while Fortuity, the canonical mass murderer, is merely a unicorn. The only alicorns we've created who seem to follow that logic are Steelheart and Koschei. And of those two, the only one with true offensive powers is Steelheart; Koschei's main attack style is useless on Epics, and if he went up against Steelheart, repeated healing and resurrection would be his only defense. 

So….yeah. I think our logic is more "Oh, he'd look good as an alicorn. I think this one would look better as a pegasus. Hmm…the horn makes her look weird. She gets to be an earth pony." :P

Oh, if only there were a draconequus creator. I would make Baxter Game into one. I would then create a comic where Autumn attempts to comfort an increasingly glum Backtrack. When they reach Game's office, Autumn says "It's not as bad as you think, really." When they open the door and are greeted by draconequus!Game, Backtrack shrieks "YOU'RE RIGHT IT'S SO MUCH WORSE" and tears off into the sunset. :D

Thanks. :D I tried to think what powers alicorn!Nathan could possibly have, but couldn't come up with a single thing. Except maybe actual teleportation and….I don't know….the ability to build a Dayinthelifeinator? :mellow: He's just too human for me to take the whole giving-him-powers-thing seriously. :P

I think that about sums up our "alicorn rule." :P

Alas, I do not believe that there's a decent draconequus creator on the web. Believe me, I've looked. :( I'm chuckling just from the description of such a comic, though.  :lol:

Maybe Epic!Nathan could have some sort of meta-power, like mimicing other Epics' abilities or nullifying them like CM?

I don't have any Alicorns still. :(

Surely you of all people could whip up a quick Epic to alicornify. ;) I bet PP would look neat as an alicorn.

Unrelated, but I found a text file with re-written lyrics for an Oregon-style "Stop the Bats" remix.  :huh: I apparently got interrupted before I could actually turn it into a comic and forgot all about it. :P

I think that about sums up our "alicorn rule." :P

Alas, I do not believe that there's a decent draconequus creator on the web. Believe me, I've looked. :( I'm chuckling just from the description of such a comic, though.  :lol:

Maybe Epic!Nathan could have some sort of meta-power, like mimicing other Epics' abilities or nullifying them like CM?

Surely you of all people could whip up a quick Epic to alicornify. ;) I bet PP would look neat as an alicorn.

Unrelated, but I found a text file with re-written lyrics for an Oregon-style "Stop the Bats" remix.  :huh: I apparently got interrupted before I could actually turn it into a comic and forgot all about it. :P

Wait—I've got it! Nathan has always been a bit of a geek—in addition to being a longtime Whovian, he owned all of the Harry Potter books before Steelheart ordered them burned. So say hello to….

Epic Name: Traveler

Preferred Name: Nathan

Primary Power: Epic Repelling Charm. Every time an Epic decides to kill him, Traveler (ahem—sorry, Nathan) is able to remind them of all the urgent appointments they have that do not involve murder. The Epic will rush off to meet those appointments, giving him time to….

Secondary Power: TARDISing. Nathan is capable of teleporting to the area with the lowest concentration of powerful Epics per square mile. He rarely knows where he'll end up, but he knows he will be relatively safe there.

Tertiary Power: Invisibility Cloaking. Once he TARDISes to a safe location, he will automatically remain unseen for the first fifteen minutes after his arrival to ensure he has time to find the safest part of the safe location. 

So, yes, Nathan's entire power is "Not being murdered." :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I second that. :D

...And I just went twenty minutes believing you were Edgedancer. The switched names all over the place are really starting to get to me. :blink:

;) !sdrawkcab eht alkoO ,im-liam ma I !recnadegdE ton ma I Edited by sdrawkcab eht alkoO

So, my little sister was watching My Little Pony earlier, so I kept hearing snippets from the episode "Boast Busters."

I love Trixie. :D This sprang to mind unbidden.

77d34a7057b8cecee5fa0f5698d2a6af.png

Backtrack is totally Snips and Snails rolled into a single individual.

I'm pretty sure that, following this scene, Remington "convinced" Backtrack to show Trixie a few scenes from the life of this alicorn she claimed to defeat, to see if she was really as fearless as she claimed to be. One of these inspiring scenes took place in a church. :o 

(I like the comic. :D)

I'm pretty sure that, following this scene, Remington "convinced" Backtrack to show Trixie a few scenes from the life of this alicorn she claimed to defeat, to see if she was really as fearless as she claimed to be. One of these inspiring scenes took place in a church. :o

(I like the comic. :D)

That is an acceptable headcanon.

Another headcanon is that Backtrack hated every second of his time in Equestria, as his scattered glimpses of the past + some unfortunate misunderstandings convinced him that Nightmare Moon had been ruling the country for the past thousand years. :P

(Thanks. ^_^ I've gotten to the point where I can make those in just a few minutes, as opposed to the hour-long undertakings they used to be.)

Another headcanon is that Backtrack hated every second of his time in Equestria, as his scattered glimpses of the past + some unfortunate misunderstandings convinced him that Nightmare Moon had been ruling the country for the past thousand years. :P

(Thanks. ^_^ I've gotten to the point where I can make those in just a few minutes, as opposed to the hour-long undertakings they used to be.)

It makes me feel kind of bad for Trixie, though. Sure, she's kind of a jerk, but seeing that? Still, if she's bragging about it, she'd probably need to see it. Then again, making Backtrack live that scene twice…. :unsure:

"Sugarcube Corner? Huh, wouldn't expect a dictator like that to let a cupcake shop survive. Well, maybe it means she's not as bad as I thought. Or…or maybe it means she returns once every day to force the owners to hand-feed her cupcakes cooked by overworked, underpaid orphans who are eaten if they don't give her the flavor she wants! Eep!" :P

(You're faster than me. That one I did this morning took me about 20 minutes, I think. Faster than I used to be, but still.)

I was about to say that maybe hatred + strong powers = alicorn, but Lightwards and Lucentia (both earth ponies) are arguably the most hateful of them all. And then I was going to say that maybe cruelty + strong powers = alicorn, but Ray's biggest atrocity is probably knocking someone over on her bike, while Fortuity, the canonical mass murderer, is merely a unicorn. The only alicorns we've created who seem to follow that logic are Steelheart and Koschei. And of those two, the only one with true offensive powers is Steelheart; Koschei's main attack style is useless on Epics, and if he went up against Steelheart, repeated healing and resurrection would be his only defense. 

So….yeah. I think our logic is more "Oh, he'd look good as an alicorn. I think this one would look better as a pegasus. Hmm…the horn makes her look weird. She gets to be an earth pony." :P

Oh, if only there were a draconequus creator. I would make Baxter Game into one. I would then create a comic where Autumn attempts to comfort an increasingly glum Backtrack. When they reach Game's office, Autumn says "It's not as bad as you think, really." When they open the door and are greeted by draconequus!Game, Backtrack shrieks "YOU'RE RIGHT IT'S SO MUCH WORSE" and tears off into the sunset. :D

Thanks. :D I tried to think what powers alicorn!Nathan could possibly have, but couldn't come up with a single thing. Except maybe actual teleportation and….I don't know….the ability to build a Dayinthelifeinator? :mellow: He's just too human for me to take the whole giving-him-powers-thing seriously. :P

It does seem to boild down to aesthetics.

There are stll armed soldiers in the clinic, so that´s something.

You totally have to make him a gifter.

...And I just went twenty minutes believing you were Edgedancer. The switched names all over the place are really starting to get to me.  :blink:

:huh: You missed the Voidgaze chibi, plus I still have Edgedancer in my name.

So, my little sister was watching My Little Pony earlier, so I kept hearing snippets from the episode "Boast Busters."

I love Trixie. :D This sprang to mind unbidden.

77d34a7057b8cecee5fa0f5698d2a6af.png

Backtrack is totally Snips and Snails rolled into a single individual.

Tune in next time for the exciting story of the great Trixie ridding the world of Nighthound.

I think Backtrack is in love. (Just how many ships will this wimp get. :P)

Just wait until he hears the royal Canterlot voice.

You totally have to make him a gifter.

Tune in next time for the exciting story of the great Trixie ridding the world of Nighthound.

I think Backtrack is in love. (Just how many ships will this wimp get. :P)

Just wait until he hears the royal Canterlot voice.

Of course. Traveler would definitely be able to gift his exciting power of not being murdered. ;)

This is going to be good. <_<

All of them. He will soon rival Chicago Joe for ship supremacy. (Ship-premancy?) :P

Of course. Traveler would definitely be able to gift his exciting power of not being murdered. ;)

This is going to be good. <_<

All of them. He will soon rival Chicago Joe for ship supremacy. (Ship-premancy?) :P

And then he lost the power to keep himself from being murdered, a true hero. :unsure:

It´s the death of Nighthound, it better be good.

Further proof that most of our ships (exceptions notwithstanding) are purely random.

Edited by Ookla the Edgedancer

And then he lost the power to keep himself from being murdered, a true hero. :unsure:

Further proof that most of our ships (exceptions notwithstanding) are purely random.

I refuse to let Nathan die before Nighthound. :P 

Agreed. 

Some of the ships I invented just to give them a cool name. :blink::P

That's why we have the chart, my friend ;).