Yeah….that does sound like her. :mellow: Now just picture Remington at the end, once she's conjured up bowls and bowls of chicken noodle soup and glasses of water, asking, "So why'd you make me come all the way up here again?" :P

Wait... if Funtimes is Female!Discord... does that make Nathan Male!Fluttershy?  :huh:

And we're ten pages off needing a new thread, we will soon have the 5 largest threads on the 17th shard, and they're all filled with ponies and random insanity.
Stage 2 of our plan for forum domination is soon to be complete.

59db47179ed969d946246b321ffd626f.png

"Keep Calm and Sperry On: Part Two."

A certain Newcago schoolboy will be very upset when he realizes that not only was one of his notebooks stolen by a very grouchy Epic, but that said Epic's biggest frenemy ate a few pages. :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

A certain Newcago schoolboy will be very upset when he realizes that not only was one of his notebooks stolen by a very grouchy Epic, but that said Epic's biggest frenemy ate a few pages. :P

It would be just like Lightwards to refer to a stolen book as "my book on matter manipulators."  <_<  :P

"Give me that!"

"No! I need it!"

"I've spent years compiling this information!"

"Then you should be glad it's being put to good use! Unlike you, Mr. Charleston, I intend to do something with my life. Now let go of my coat. I need to get out of here before Enforcement shows up."

It would be just like Lightwards to refer to a stolen book as "my book on matter manipulators."  <_<  :P

"Give me that!"

"No! I need it!"

"I've spent years compiling this information!"

"Then you should be glad it's being put to good use! Unlike you, Mr. Charleston, I intend to do something with my life. Now let go of my coat. I need to get out of here before Enforcement shows up."

Wait—how did he get to Newcago? 

And how scared should we be of what else he did while he was there? :mellow:

Wait—how did he get to Newcago? 

And how scared should we be of what else he did while he was there? :mellow:

It's a long story--a long but fantastic story. To get to Newcago, he needed a man who knew its every street and alleyway. A man who knew those steel-toned streets like the palm of his hand. A man who could guide him like a lantern through those dark, twisted streets.

Lightwards stood at the doorway to his newest allies' quarters, his travel gear assembled.

"Sentinel," he asked into the darkness, "Are you ready?"

He was answered by a snore. Lightwards sighed.

"Chicago Joe," he corrected himself irritably. "Are you ready to leave?"

A loud thud echoed through the room as the man rolled out of bed, blinking himself awake. "Yeah, sure," he hiccuped awkwardly. "Ah'm ready when yer ready..."

There was an even louder thud as the drunken Epic absentmindedly turned to stone and collapsed to the floor again, fast asleep.

A certain necromancer leaned against a primordial tree, twirled a bowler hat in his hands, and began to ponder his life choices.

It's a long story--a long but fantastic story. To get to Newcago, he needed a man who knew its every street and alleyway. A man who knew those steel-toned streets like the palm of his hand. A man who could guide him like a lantern through those dark, twisted streets.

Lightwards stood at the doorway to his newest allies' quarters, his travel gear assembled.

"Sentinel," he asked into the darkness, "Are you ready?"

He was answered by a snore. Lightwards sighed.

"Chicago Joe," he corrected himself irritably. "Are you ready to leave?"

A loud thud echoed through the room as the man rolled out of bed, blinking himself awake. "Yeah, sure," he hiccuped awkwardly. "Ah'm ready when yer ready..."

There was an even louder thud as the drunken Epic absentmindedly turned to stone and collapsed to the floor again, fast asleep.

A certain necromancer leaned against a primordial tree, twirled a bowler hat in his hands, and began to ponder his life choices.

The bar was dark, the air thick with cigarette smoke. Lightwards breathed shallowly so as not to inhale too much of the foul odor, staring moodily into his shot glass. 

His guide had come with the highest of recommendations. Those who sang his praises spoke of his ability to navigate those cold, echoing streets with scarcely a glance, his knowledge of where every bar and pub sat, how much the owners charged for their wares, and—most importantly—how to tell which sold bathtub gin and which sold the real McCoy. 

Those informants had neglected to mention that those facts were all his guide knew. 

Lightwards pushed the shot glass away. The thought of drunken oblivion was tempting, but he needed his wits about him. 

"Chicago Joe! We're leaving!" 

"Yer leaving." Chicago Joe downed the last of his whiskey and polished off Lightwards' before signaling the bartender for more. 

Three days. They had been in Newcago three days, and Lightwards knew the best pubs for whiskey and the best for beer. He still hadn't the foggiest idea what happened the one and only night Fortuity's victim escaped, or why the precog had left his hat behind when he met with Enforcement.

And if Chicago Joe had his way, Lightwards would never know.

"Hey? You gonna finish that?" 

Lightwards didn't know who Joe asked or what he asked for. He removed his bowler hat, raised his head, and slammed his forehead against the rail.

Hi, I just wanted to know when at what point am I going to be able to write a post, by that I mean when will someone say something where Mistwraith is. She's my only character, in the Dalles.

I think you're waiting on Reflection's reaction to mistwraith.

Winter, I'll get on reflection's reaction right away. Sorry for the delay I've been pretty busy these last two weeks.

I. Hate. Finals.

Why does math have to make me so sad? What did I ever do to it?

Edited by Fatebreaker

Winter, I'll get on reflection's reaction right away. Sorry for the delay I've been pretty busy these last two weeks.

I. Hate. Finals.

Why does math have to make me so sad? What did I ever do to it?

I know how you feel. I have two projects due this week, plus a test next week. For a grad student, that's a lot. Especially since I'm working full time. <_<

On another note, my de-stressing method of finding funny stuff on the internet has led me to the best minor Epic idea ever: Florida Man.

Florida Man is the most interesting man ever. He has his own Twitter feed, which shares headlines featuring his name. A few highlights:

Florida Man sees car being towed, puts on bulletproof vest, gas mask, attacks tow truck with samurai sword

Florida Man attempts to steal chainsaw by stuffing it down shirt, attempts getaway on bike, also stolen

Florida Man assaults friend with bucket during fight over whether or not acquaintance was dead

Florida Man attempts to avoid arrest by hugging palm tree

Drunk Florida Man subdued by one-armed man with hammer

I don't know about you guys, but I think Florida Man needs to find his way to Oregon ASAP. :D

Oh, Lightwards. :P You just want to provoke every one of Funtimes's vanillas don't you? And you look dangerously like you're suggesting Nathan die. :P

You tread a thin line, Lightwards. A very thin line indeed. Methinks I'll give part of the next portion to Funtimes so you can see just how much she's holding herself back. :ph34r:

Oh, Lightwards. :P You just want to provoke every one of Funtimes's vanillas don't you? And you look dangerously like you're suggesting Nathan die. :P

You tread a thin line, Lightwards. A very thin line indeed. Methinks I'll give part of the next portion to Funtimes so you can see just how much she's holding herself back. :ph34r:

That's sort of the point.  :ph34r: Lightwards infuriating Funtimes (and vice versa) is one of the funnest parts of the game. :P:D

Sorry for taking so long with the post. And sorry for the lower post quality than usual--I am, through no fault but my own, out of practice.

That's sort of the point.  :ph34r: Lightwards infuriating Funtimes (and vice versa) is one of the funnest parts of the game. :P:D

Sorry for taking so long with the post. And sorry for the lower post quality than usual--I am, through no fault but my own, out of practice.

I enjoy those scenes very much myself. 

It's okay. I know what you mean about being out of practice. After starting to write with Altermind, I've realized how long it's been. I need to get back into him and Portland in general.

:) :) Subtle foreshadowing for Sunburst at its finest. :P

I wondered if anyone would notice that.  :ph34r:  :P

Sam was seated behind Funtimes? Or behind and to the side?

Probably behind and to the side. I purposely didn't mention where Funtimes was seated, for fear that she'd conjure up a beanbag chair for herself and throw off whatever I wrote. :P

I wondered if anyone would notice that. :ph34r::P

Probably behind and to the side. I purposely didn't mention where Funtimes was seated, for fear that she'd conjure up a beanbag chair for herself and throw off whatever I wrote. :P

Aha! She needed a way to show off in front of Altermind, and turning her chair into something more fun would be just the way to go. :P (She may or may not turn Lightwards' chair into a toilet at some point. :ph34r:)

Just trying to figure out precisely how upset she should be, whether or not she could see Sam immediately or if she'd have to turn.

Aha! She needed a way to show off in front of Altermind, and turning her chair into something more fun would be just the way to go. :P (She may or may not turn Lightwards' chair into a toilet at some point. :ph34r:)

Just trying to figure out precisely how upset she should be, whether or not she could see Sam immediately or if she'd have to turn.

That would be very like her. :P

I think she'd have to turn. I left it ambiguous enough for you to write it however you want, though.