Oh, please. He founds New New England in a place that would make most Brits cry (and Americans, for that matter….but let's not get into that :ph34r:), talks like an English lord, dresses like he just drove off the set of Downton Abby in one of those vintage cars they use for shoots….it's a wonder none of his people have stumbled across his weakness before. :P

Yay! Edgedancer's back! 

mlp_birthday_party_wallpaper_by_baraniru

Just pretend that sign says "Welcome Back" and not "Happy Birthday." But if you're having a birthday soon, then it fits perfectly, so don't pretend that. :P

Nathan is targeted by the League of Evil Exes. What would we call that? 

Nathan Sperry vs. the Epic League of Evil Exes 

Nathan Sperry vs. Every Guy Funtimes Has Ever Dated and Holy Burning Calamity That's a Lot of Guys 

Nathan Sperry vs. the AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nathan Sperry Teams Up with Steelheart in a Desperate Attempt to Fight Off Some of These Epics 

Nathan Sperry Has Forsaken All Material Possessions and Hidden Himself Away in an Underground Bunker, Thanking His Lucky Stars Funtimes Never Dated an Earth Epic 

It…it'd be more of a series, really. :P

Nathan teaming up with Steelheart? Please tell me he also kills Nighthound in the process. :P

I like to think he told Steelheart that Nighthound was the current boyfriend of the Epic responsible for the Weinermobile Incident. So yes, Nighthound died. :P

I´m sorry but there is no way that Steelheart is stupid enough to believe Nighthound having a willing girlfriend period, even less so Funtimes.

I´m sorry but there is no way that Steelheart is stupid enough to believe Nighthound having a willing girlfriend period, even less so Funtimes.

Well, if he's never met the guy, he might make a few erroneous assumptions. And unless Nighthound has somehow snuck in to Steelheart's palace, tracked him through the maze of rooms, and creeped him out while he was eating breakfast, then chances are Steelheart doesn't know Nighthound well enough to know no woman would date him willingly. 

Well, if he's never met the guy, he might make a few erroneous assumptions. And unless Nighthound has somehow snuck in to Steelheart's palace, tracked him through the maze of rooms, and creeped him out while he was eating breakfast, then chances are Steelheart doesn't know Nighthound well enough to know no woman would date him willingly. 

I was going to make a joke about how Nighthound would totally do that but then I got sidetracked by the mental image on Steelheart eating breakfast cereals. :P

I was going to make a joke about how Nighthound would totally do that but then I got sidetracked by the mental image on Steelheart eating breakfast cereals. :P

Headcanon: Every cereal box in Newcago bears Steelheart's image. When Nighthound managed to infiltrate the palace and successfully creep out the dictator, he did so with the intention of asking Steelheart to put him on the front of cereal boxes. Despite his own better judgment, Steelheart pictured Nighthound leering from every cereal box in the city, and immediately vomited his breakfast cereal all over the floor. As Nighthound had witnessed Steelheart in a moment of weakness, he had to be eliminated. 

And then Nighthound died. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

You know, I've never quite decided what Earl Greyback's precise powerset is. I'm considering giving him the power to transmutate liquids; that way he could change poisons in his bloodstream into harmless chemicals, transfigure his guest's beverages into lethal toxins, and brew the perfect mug of tea at will.

Maybe I'll give him a healing factor as well, to explain his love of experiencing poisons and documenting what their effects feel like.

He has converted the Water of Life!  He is the Kwisatz Haderach!  Muad'dib! Muad'dib! Muad'dib!

Headcanon: Every cereal box in Newcago bears Steelheart's image. When Nighthound managed to infiltrate the palace and successfully creep out the dictator, he did so with the intention of asking Steelheart to put him on the front of cereal boxes. Despite his own better judgment, Steelheart pictured this, and immediately vomited his breakfast cereal all over the floor. As Nighthound had witnessed Steelheart in a moment of weakness, he had to be eliminated. 

And then Nighthound died. 

Achilles. Does anyone else get this reference? It's not so much fantasy, but Sci-Fi.

So, what particularly are we waiting for in each RP? I'm working on Max's reply, I know, but what else is going on besides the meeting?  Who would go next in the Dalles?

Does he eat Honey Nut Steelios? :P

Achilles. Does anyone else get this reference? It's not so much fantasy, but Sci-Fi.

So, what particularly are we waiting for in each RP? I'm working on Max's reply, I know, but what else is going on besides the meeting?  Who would go next in the Dalles?

I don't read a lot of modern sci-fi, regrettably. Most of the sci-fi I've read is 60s pulp fiction by the likes of Robert Heinlein and James White.

I think I need to write a Sam/Lightwards post in Portland, and then a brief Arsenal reply in The Dalles.

Does he eat Honey Nut Steelios? :P

I don't read a lot of modern sci-fi, regrettably. Most of the sci-fi I've read is 60s pulp fiction by the likes of Robert Heinlein and James White.

I think I need to write a Sam/Lightwards post in Portland, and then a brief Arsenal reply in The Dalles.

It's from Ender's Game. Well, more specifically, from Ender's Shadow.

Bet he eats them without milk, like a true badchull. :P (Am I the only one who thought it odd that cartoon characters would say "I eat nails for breakfast" like it's no biggie, but then add "Without any milk" and everyone suddenly cowers in fear?) 

Fortuity stood at the entrance to the club, bouncing lesser Epics from its doors. After repelling a man in pink sunglasses and what looked like a vaudeville magician, he noticed a woman in what looked like hiking gear walking up the steps.

"No further, ma'am," he commanded by rote. "Only the toughest Epics get in here."

"Oh really?" the woman sneered, mildly surprised. "I'm so tough, I rule an entire city of vanillas."

"Yeah, so?" Fortuity chuckled.

"Without a prime invincibility," Mobius growled.

Fortuity blanched visibily. "Right this way, madame."

I know what you're talking about. It always made me crack a smile. :P

It's from Ender's Game. Well, more specifically, from Ender's Shadow.

I've read Ender's Game and the first two sequels, but I haven't read the Shadow series.

Edited by Kobold King

So, what particularly are we waiting for in each RP? I'm working on Max's reply, I know, but what else is going on besides the meeting? Who would go next in the Dalles?

Are any of my characters up?

Dear Lightwards, 

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

That is all, 

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Fortuity stood at the entrance to the club, bouncing lesser Epics from its doors. After repelling a man in pink sunglasses and what looked like a vaudeville, he noticed a woman in what looked like hiking gear walking up the steps.

"No further, ma'am," he commanded by rote. "Only the toughest Epics get in here."

"Oh really?" the woman sneered, mildly surprised. "I'm so tough, I rule an entire city of vanillas."

See, that's badchull. Probably the Epic equivalent of charging into battle during WWII while playing the bagpipes, casually tossing a grenade into the fray. (Which actually happened.) Nails? Without milk? If you're going to eat nails, why should milk matter? Does the protein in milk somehow interact with the iron, transforming the nails into Cocoa Puffs? Does the addition of milk summon Funtimes to turn the nails into chicken nuggets on the way down? 

Fortuity stood at the entrance to the club, bouncing lesser Epics from its doors. After repelling a man in pink sunglasses and what looked like a vaudeville magician, he noticed a woman in what looked like hiking gear walking up the steps.

I've read Ender's Game and the first two sequels, but I haven't read the Shadow series.

She actually is pretty badchull, now that I think about it. 

I like the Shadow series more than the Ender continuation, and I've heard that most people do. I only caught that phrase because I'm rereading that right now. 

Dear Lightwards, 

I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

That is all, 

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

See, that's badchull. Probably the Epic equivalent of charging into battle during WWII while playing the bagpipes, casually tossing a grenade into the fray. (Which actually happened.) Nails? Without milk? If you're going to eat nails, why should milk matter? Does the protein in milk somehow interact with the iron, transforming the nails into Cocoa Puffs? Does the addition of milk summon Funtimes to turn the nails into chicken nuggets on the way down? 

Lightwards had a brilliant plan to reanimate Jack Churchill as his chief lieutenant, but the comic is so horrifying he decided to launch himself into space so he could drink only water from comets. He wanted you to know that. :P

I was listening to steampunk music earlier, and I came across an only mildly disturbing song that sounds like Funtimes if she had Lightwards' power.  :mellow: It's called "Annabel has a Doll."

Lightwards had a brilliant plan to reanimate Jack Churchill as his chief lieutenant, but the comic is so horrifying he decided to launch himself into space so he could drink only water from comets. He wanted you to know that. :P

I was listening to steampunk music earlier, and I came across an only mildly disturbing song that sounds like Funtimes if she had Lightwards' power.  :mellow: It's called "Annabel has a Doll."

Lightwards disturbed enough to flee the planet? Check. Phase one of Operation Secure Oregon complete. Phase Two: And Then Nighthound Died. :P 

Only mildly disturbing. Yeah. That's exactly how I'd describe it. :mellow: 

Lightwards disturbed enough to flee the planet? Check. Phase one of Operation Secure Oregon complete. Phase Two: And Then Nighthound Died. :P

Only mildly disturbing. Yeah. That's exactly how I'd describe it. :mellow:

You sly GM you. :P

The part that really struck me was the chorus:

What you hold may wish to go

What you believe may not be so

All that brings you piece of mind

May not stay for a long time.

What may please does not content

All resolves but never ends

All that comforts is not true

And all you love does not love you.

That fits her initial relationship with the vanillas alarmingly well.  :mellow:

You sly GM you. :P

The part that really struck me was the chorus:

What you hold may wish to go

What you believe may not be so

All that brings you piece of mind

May not stay for a long time.

What may please does not content

All resolves but never ends

All that comforts is not true

And all you love does not love you.

That fits her initial relationship with the vanillas alarmingly well.  :mellow:

Mwahaha. :P 

It does, doesn't it? And the worst part is, there's a teeny-tiny bit of something good in what she did, taking them like that. She did save Nathan's life. She did give Sam and Revolution temporary protection from being zombified. She did give Remington the proximity he needed to figure out the best way to take Lightwards down. But like Newton said, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, and the reactions here did the most harm to the very people she wanted to help. Yet had she stayed out of it, Nathan for sure would be dead and the other three might very well be zombies now. Or they could have escaped with their lives. It's hard to say. 

There are few things more awful than having a good deed unravel into something horrible. 

Mwahaha. :P

It does, doesn't it? And the worst part is, there's a teeny-tiny bit of something good in what she did, taking them like that. She did save Nathan's life. She did give Sam and Revolution temporary protection from being zombified. She did give Remington the proximity he needed to figure out the best way to take Lightwards down. But like Newton said, for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, and the reactions here did the most harm to the very people she wanted to help. Yet had she stayed out of it, Nathan for sure would be dead and the other three might very well be zombies now. Or they could have escaped with their lives. It's hard to say. 

There are few things more awful than having a good deed unravel into something horrible. 

That's the interesting thing about Funtimes. She's not a hero in any sense, and some of her actions have been apathetic at best, morally reprehensible at worst. But she does seem to have her heart in the right place, most of the time at least, and by and large she does more good than harm. As I've said before, she's one of the more interesting Epics in Portland, as she shows equal inclinations towards future heroism and future supervillainy.

Sam and Revolution would probably have left the speech area alive. While snarky, they both would have known better than to verbally heckle an Epic despot in the middle of a speech. Sam would have slunk back to her house to snark about it in the privacy of her home, and Revolution would likely have been out of town by the next day.

Remington, however, is confirmed to have been carrying a rifle during the speech. Lightwards at the time was still fleshing out his Warrior entourage, and a muscular, glaring man with his own rifle would have been too irresistible to pass up.

As for the Unicyclist... Well, his chances of survival would have been directly attached to how loudly he started playing the bagpipes during Lightwards' speech. And whether or not Lightwards glanced in his direction. :P

That's the interesting thing about Funtimes. She's not a hero in any sense, and some of her actions have been apathetic at best, morally reprehensible at worst. But she does seem to have her heart in the right place, most of the time at least, and by and large she does more good than harm. As I've said before, she's one of the more interesting Epics in Portland, as she shows equal inclinations towards future heroism and future supervillainy.

Sam and Revolution would probably have left the speech area alive. While snarky, they both would have known better than to verbally heckle an Epic despot in the middle of a speech. Sam would have slunk back to her house to snark about it in the privacy of her home, and Revolution would likely have been out of town by the next day.

Remington, however, is confirmed to have been carrying a rifle during the speech. Lightwards at the time was still fleshing out his Warrior entourage, and a muscular, glaring man with his own rifle would have been too irresistible to pass up.

As for the Unicyclist... Well, his chances of survival would have been directly attached to how loudly he started playing the bagpipes during Lightwards' speech. And whether or not Lightwards glanced in his direction. :P

She really could go either way at this point. What I personally find interesting (and a little frightening) about her character is that one of her key traits—wanting people to like her—could be her downfall or her saving grace. Being shown evidence that her vanillas don't like her, are only with her because they have no other option or are using her for protection, could push her toward turning on them in a Moral Event Horizon any of the more reprehensible Epics would be proud of. Being shown that she frightens them, being reminded of her own inner darkness and how her attempts to shove it to the back of her mind don't work, could push her in a more Prof-like direction. 

Basically, it all comes down to this: Lightwards was right. Deep down, she's just like any other Epic—and she doesn't want to be. What she needs to turn from it entirely is proof that she needs to change, and a way to do that. But it has to be executed perfectly. Push her over the Despair Event Horizon, and she'll either retreat into the wild…or, if she goes too far over, she could relinquish her tenuous grip on morality. The worst part here is that she's ruled by her emotions—unlike Lightwards, who calculates each move carefully, she rarely plans and often acts without thinking. It's easy to do something you regret, when that's how you operate. 

"Would whoever is playing those bagpipes please stop at once? I am trying to establish an Empire here!" 

"Crybaby," Remington said, replacing the magazine in his rifle. "My high school had a bagpiping club. Practiced all lunch, every day. Marched up and down the courtyard, playing those sparking bagpipes. I graduated in the top ten percent." 

Lightwards' eyes narrowed. "Do you want to be a Warrior?" 

"Nope. I just want to shoot you in the face."

He could have made it out as Lightwards was still resurrecting. :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

She really could go either way at this point. What I personally find interesting (and a little frightening) about her character is that one of her key traits—wanting people to like her—could be her downfall or her saving grace. Being shown evidence that her vanillas don't like her, are only with her because they have no other option or are using her for protection, could push her toward turning on them in a Moral Event Horizon any of the more reprehensible Epics would be proud of. Being shown that she frightens them, being reminded of her own inner darkness and how her attempts to shove it to the back of her mind don't work, could push her in a more Prof-like direction. 

Basically, it all comes down to this: Lightwards was right. Deep down, she's just like any other Epic—and she doesn't want to be. What she needs to turn from it entirely is proof that she needs to change, and a way to do that. But it has to be executed perfectly. Push her over the Despair Event Horizon, and she'll either retreat into the wild…or, if she goes too far over, she could relinquish her tenuous grip on morality. The worst part here is that she's ruled by her emotions—unlike Lightwards, who calculates each move carefully, she rarely plans and often acts without thinking. It's easy to do something you regret, when that's how you operate. 

"Would whoever is playing those bagpipes please stop at once? I am trying to establish an Empire here!" 

"Crybaby," Remington said, replacing the magazine in his rifle. "My high school had a bagpiping club. Practiced all lunch, every day. Marched up and down the courtyard, playing those sparking bagpipes. I graduated in the top ten percent." 

Lightwards' eyes narrowed. "Do you want to be a Warrior?" 

"Nope. I just want to shoot you in the face."

He could have made it out as Lightwards was still resurrecting. :P

And as we all know, Dark!Funtimes is Scary!Funtimes. :o

At this point I think Sam's the most likely to actually antagonize Funtimes or push her towards a Moral Event Horizon. Not deliberately, of course, but she still sees Funtimes as just another Epic to mock and evade; if she felt she could get away with it, she'd start making snarky comments that would show the Doctor just how she feels. (I imagine one of the other vanillas referring to Funtimes as his/her friend, with Sam covering the phrase "Stockholm Syndrome" with a cough in the background.)

Nathan should probably warn her not to say anything to hurt Funtimes' feelings.  :mellow:  :P

On another note, it really is interesting how well Lightwards and Funtimes compliment one another. They foil each other in every way;

• Lightwards is driven by intellect, Funtimes by whim;
  • Lightwards invariably makes those around him into his mindless servants, while Funtimes chooses her associates based on their individuality;
  • Lightwards is a sane, composed individual with fringes of lunacy, while Funtimes is a frenzied cuckoo with a deeply suppressed layer of sanity.

I'm sure the list could go on, but that's all I could think of at first thought. Besides "Lightwards eats spam out of a can, Funtimes likes sweets." :P

And as we all know, Dark!Funtimes is Scary!Funtimes. :o

At this point I think Sam's the most likely to actually antagonize Funtimes or push her towards a Moral Event Horizon. Not deliberately, of course, but she still sees Funtimes as just another Epic to mock and evade; if she felt she could get away with it, she'd start making snarky comments that would show the Doctor just how she feels. (I imagine one of the other vanillas referring to Funtimes as his/her friend, with Sam covering the phrase "Stockholm Syndrome" with a cough in the background.)

Nathan should probably warn her not to say anything to hurt Funtimes' feelings.  :mellow:  :P

On another note, it really is interesting how well Lightwards and Funtimes compliment one another. They foil each other in every way;

• Lightwards is driven by intellect, Funtimes by whim;
  • Lightwards invariably makes those around him into his mindless servants, while Funtimes chooses her associates based on their individuality;
  • Lightwards is a sane, composed individual with fringes of lunacy, while Funtimes is a frenzied cuckoo with a deeply suppressed layer of sanity.

I'm sure the list could go on, but that's all I could think of at first thought. Besides "Lightwards eats spam out of a can, Funtimes likes sweets." :P

It is very easy to picture Sam doing that. If she says anything against Funtimes once she and the others are alone, he'll definitely tell her not to antagonize her. Not defend her, exactly, but he'll definitely point out how things could be much, much worse than they are. (Newcago Epics weren't inclined to call servers "friends," much less dress them like the Tenth Doctor and parade them around Oregon.) 

• Funtimes sees most people as friends until proven otherwise, while Lightwards judges everyone preemptively and long afterward; 
  • Funtimes attempts to rule by love, while Lightwards rules by fear; 
  • Funtimes enjoys living in the moment, while Lightwards seems to view happiness as a sign of idiocy. 

And of course, there's the fact that Lightwards dresses like the college professor he was, while Funtimes dresses like the biggest, most colorful target you could ask for. :P 

I hate spam...

Good. That proves you are sane. :P