If he bragged about having worked for Koschei, it could have solidified his reputation as a slontze rather quickly. (Then again, if he mentioned he had originally introduced himself as Xmus Jaxon Flaxon-Waxon and Koschei made him change his name, it might have taken him a year or two to overcome his reputation as an idiot. :P)

Edit: Here's the Brandon Sanderson pony code: 302A002000FEFEFEAD8C6A040003954CCOI1837004000000610000000000000C107F3FCC004CB2

Accessories: 066CC66E563721066CC6655A9C9E066CC6604E8FBAFFFF8C066CC66066CC66066CC66066CC66

There's no way Sam would have ever let him live a name like that down. :P

Thanks for the code!

Or in the case of Nighthound approximately 3 weeks before he arrives. I think that just before his arrival, craftsmen all over Portland began carving 'and then Nighthound died' into all of their products, wondering the whole time who the heck it was.

I see Nighthound's reputation proceeds him. In an ominous, prophetic sort of way usually reserved for demons from the lower planes or planet-eating abominations. :P

There's no way Sam would have ever let him live a name like that down. :P

Thanks for the code!

I see Nighthound's reputation proceeds him. In an ominous, prophetic sort of way usually reserved for demons from the lower planes or planet-eating abominations. :P

"It's an old family name!"

Nighthound isn't one of those? :huh:

Not exactly, but he was banned from Blazerinder the Nether-King's Castle of Shattered Dreams for his smirk alone.

America's Most Wanted took one look at his picture and put him on their show. No name, no crimes listed, just a picture and a narrator saying "If you see this mysterious criminal, call the police immediately. If you are not armed, seek out someone who is and DO NOT leave their side."

A California newspaper tried to get the show sued for slander and defamation of character, but then they saw the picture.

America's Most Wanted took one look at his picture and put him on their show. No name, no crimes listed, just a picture and a narrator saying "If you see this mysterious criminal, call the police immediately. If you are not armed, seek out someone who is and DO NOT leave their side."

A California newspaper tried to get the show sued for slander and defamation of character, but then they saw the picture.

Said episode caused the creation of the Reckoners.

Said episode caused the creation of the Reckoners.

I imagine Prof sitting on his sofa, wondering how to use his powers without becoming evil. Then they put the picture onscreen. Prof spits out his beer and says "Screw the whole 'power corrupts' thing! If he dies, turning evil is worth it!"

I imagine Prof sitting on his sofa, wondering how to use his powers without becoming evil. Then they put the picture onscreen. Prof spits out his beer and says "Screw the whole 'power corrupts' thing! If he dies, turning evil is worth it!"

I don´t really see Prof drinking beer, self control and all that. Appart from that, a very noble sacrifice.

Voidus started off the presentation with one of his own latest works. A stage had been set up along with a lighting rig, Voidus pulled out his phone and dimmed the lights with a few quick taps.

"Well thank you all for coming, I hope you've enjoyed the refreshments." Voidus greeted with a smile. "To kick off this presentation please allow me to reveal some of my latest work. I'd like to thank the lurkers of the Alleys for their assistance, the introduction threads for their provision of... raw materials and finally I would like to thank those of the RP for providing some excellent inspiration." Voidus grinned.

"So let's start off with... cricket!"

Another few taps on his phone shone a spotlight onto the stage, revealing a woman in black track pants and a singlet.

"Through some revolutionary use of bind points the captured physical strength has been placed entirely within the subjects leg muscles, due to this placement the-"

Voidus broke off briefly with a glance to the guests, they almost certainly new what the work in the alleys entailed but still, it was best to get used to concealing certain facts during public presentations.

"the er, items can be easily hidden without seeming suspicious."

The subject 'cricket-alpha' did a quick twirl, only close inspection would reveal the small bumps at the back of her thighs. She then jumped off the stage easily reaching a standing jump height of 10 metres before flipping in the air and landing delicately behind the audience.

"And this is just the first of what the alleys have been up to. I shall now hand over to some of our most esteemed researchers to present their findings."

Voidus clapped to the waiting line of researchers, all excited to reveal what they'd been working on.

Aldo stopped in his tracks, staring bemusedly out into space. His assistant stopped beside him, her face one of both irritation and concern.

"What's wrong?" Cricket asked quietly. "Danger?"

The magician shook his head. "Nothing so dramatic. I merely had the strangest feeling that someone, somewhere in the infinite multiverse, was violating your trademark."

Cricket folded her arms over her chest. "I can't see how you could possibly know that."

"Nor do I," Aldo admitted. "But I know exactly how I'd like to deal with it."

The jumping Epic sighed. "Legal Action?"

"Legal Action!" Aldo proclaimed dramatically, grinning wildly. "Legal Action solves all problems great and small. Earthly or transdimensional, I have no doubt. Let's be on our way with it!"

The pair immediately set off down the street. Legal Action had solved many problems of theirs through the years--seeing as "Legal Action" was the name of the experimental particle ray Aldo had pilfered years before.

Voidus of the Dark Alley, light years and eons away through the fabric of the multiverse, found himself suddenly wondering whether experimental particle rays were capable of opening portals to other universes.

Aldo stopped in his tracks, staring bemusedly out into space. His assistant stopped beside him, her face one of both irritation and concern.

"What's wrong?" Cricket asked quietly. "Danger?"

The magician shook his head. "Nothing so dramatic. I merely had the strangest feeling that someone, somewhere in the infinite multiverse, was violating your trademark."

Cricket folded her arms over her chest. "I can't see how you could possibly know that."

"Nor do I," Aldo admitted. "But I know exactly how I'd like to deal with it."

The jumping Epic sighed. "Legal Action?"

"Legal Action!" Aldo proclaimed dramatically, grinning wildly. "Legal Action solves all problems great and small. Earthly or transdimensional, I have no doubt. Let's be on our way with it!"

The pair immediately set off down the street. Legal Action had solved many problems of theirs through the years--seeing as "Legal Action" was the name of the experimental particle ray Aldo had pilfered years before.

Voidus of the Dark Alley, light years and eons away through the fabric of the multiverse, found himself suddenly wondering whether experimental particle rays were capable of opening portals to other universes.

"Doctor, what is it? What's wrong?" 

The Doctor didn't spare Clara a glance, his gaze locked on the console dancing with symbols she couldn't begin to interpret. "I—I don't know. I was trying to get you back home, but the TARDIS won't let me go there." 

Clara leaned over his shoulder, frowning at the console. "Why? What's it doing? Where's it going?" 

"It…." The symbols swirled together, changing to plain English lettering once more. Clara stared even as the Doctor read them aloud. "America. Well, what's left of it after—hold on, this isn't right." 

"2023? Makes sense there'd be a few problems in 2023, I suppose." 

"No, no, that's all wrong. America doesn't fall. It changes, but it doesn't fall. She's telling me that here the countryside is swarming with—" 

"Daleks? Cybermen?" 

"No. Something called 'Epics.'" The Doctor's concerned frown became a look of horror. 

A split-second later, the lights dimmed. The TARDIS lurched, then began a descent so rapid Clara was thrown against a rail. "Doctor, what's going on?" 

"It's a parallel world," the Doctor shouted over crashes and alarm bells. 

"But you said the TARDIS can't go to parallel worlds!" 

"She can't!" 

"But she—" 

"Took us there a minute before she lost power!" The Doctor grabbed for a rail, lost his grip, and fell again. "Whatever's in this parallel world must be very important!"

"Doctor, what is it? What's wrong?" 

The Doctor didn't spare Clara a glance, his gaze locked on the console dancing with symbols she couldn't begin to interpret. "I—I don't know. I was trying to get you back home, but the TARDIS won't let me go there." 

Clara leaned over his shoulder, frowning at the console. "Why? What's it doing? Where's it going?" 

"It…." The symbols swirled together, changing to plain English lettering once more. Clara stared even as the Doctor read them aloud. "America. Well, what's left of it after—hold on, this isn't right." 

"2023? Makes sense there'd be a few problems in 2023, I suppose." 

"No, no, that's all wrong. America doesn't fall. It changes, but it doesn't fall. She's telling me that here the countryside is swarming with—" 

"Daleks? Cybermen?" 

"No. Something called 'Epics.'" The Doctor's concerned frown became a look of horror. 

A split-second later, the lights dimmed. The TARDIS lurched, then began a descent so rapid Clara was thrown against a rail. "Doctor, what's going on?" 

"It's a parallel world," the Doctor shouted over crashes and alarm bells. 

"But you said the TARDIS can't go to parallel worlds!" 

"She can't!" 

"But she—" 

"Took us there a minute before she lost power!" The Doctor grabbed for a rail, lost his grip, and fell again. "Whatever's in this parallel world must be very important!"

The TARDIS doors swung open, letting in a cloud of moist, hot air.

A face stuck out the doors, eyes wide and wrinkles contorted. "Well, this makes even less sense," the Doctor complained. He took a hesitant step outside the TARDIS, looking around in bewilderment.

It didn't take long for Clara to see what had mystified the old Time Lord. She stepped out of the TARDIS only to find herself surrounded by thick jungle on all sides. Steam billowed from pools of water, and the dense vegetation combined with the rugged landscape made it impossible to see far in any direction. It looked fairly similar to the Cretaceous jungle they had visited a few relative months ago--but the Cretaceous era had been noisier by far.

The Doctor continued pacing around, flexing his knees awkwardly. "This," he grumbled irritably. "Doesn't. Make. Sense. This should be Portland Oregon, 2023. Cloudy grey city with weird inhabitants. This..."

"Isn't possible," Clara finished for him. "Why do you keep doing that with your knees?"

The Doctor's awkward squatting and hopping stopped abruptly. "I'm not any more. I've learned all the nonsense I need." He snorted. "Do you feel that vibration in the ground? That faint humming?"

Clara raised an eyebrow, but held still enough to check. It was hard to tell, but there was definitely a sort of movement under their feet. Almost like an exceptionally quiet earthquake, except far more regular. "What is that?" she asked finally.

"Gravatonics," the Doctor responded mysteriously. He was now hopping up and down on one foot, surveying a bizarrely colored primordial flower.

"The Americans have gravatonics by the 2020s?" Clara asked skeptically. A realization hit her. "Wait--we're flying?"

"Floating, actually," the Doctor responded. "Gravatonics like this counteract gravity like two magnets pushing against each other. It's usually used for keeping forts and high security buildings levitated in the 30th Century." He scowled. "No one on Earth should have this technology in the 2020s. We're dealing with a leak of highly advanced technology from the future into the past, most likely."

"So let me get this straight," Clara began. "We're in Oregon during the 2020s. But we're standing in a Cretaceous jungle, which is floating miles above the ground."

The Doctor, instead of answering, simply stared blankly into a patch of foliage. "Clara," he said solemnly, "Go back to the TARDIS."

Clara's eyes focused on the other edge of their small forest clearing. Her blood ran cold.

There were dozens of dinosaurs, watching them with cold, vacant eyes.

"Dromeosaurs," the Doctor muttered, half to himself. "Relative of Deinonychus, but slightly bigger and much smarter. They rush their prey and rip it to shreds before the hapless creature even knows it's been seen. So the question is..."

He turned around swiftly, eyes locked on another raptor that had cut between them and the blue phone box. The Doctor swallowed, then finished the question. "...Why are we still alive?"

An answer came through the foliage, loud, distinct, and feminine.

"Because we didn't tell them to eat you, duh!"

The TARDIS doors swung open, letting in a cloud of moist, hot air.

A face stuck out the doors, eyes wide and wrinkles contorted. "Well, this makes even less sense," the Doctor complained. He took a hesitant step outside the TARDIS, looking around in bewilderment.

It didn't take long for Clara to see what had mystified the old Time Lord. She stepped out of the TARDIS only to find herself surrounded by thick jungle on all sides. Steam billowed from pools of water, and the dense vegetation combined with the rugged landscape made it impossible to see far in any direction. It looked fairly similar to the Cretaceous jungle they had visited a few relative months ago--but the Cretaceous era had been noisier by far.

The Doctor continued pacing around, flexing his knees awkwardly. "This," he grumbled irritably. "Doesn't. Make. Sense. This should be Portland Oregon, 2023. Cloudy grey city with weird inhabitants. This..."

"Isn't possible," Clara finished for him. "Why do you keep doing that with your knees?"

The Doctor's awkward squatting and hopping stopped abruptly. "I'm not any more. I've learned all the nonsense I need." He snorted. "Do you feel that vibration in the ground? That faint humming?"

Clara raised an eyebrow, but held still enough to check. It was hard to tell, but there was definitely a sort of movement under their feet. Almost like an exceptionally quiet earthquake, except far more regular. "What is that?" she asked finally.

"Gravatonics," the Doctor responded mysteriously. He was now hopping up and down on one foot, surveying a bizarrely colored primordial flower.

"The Americans have gravatonics by the 2020s?" Clara asked skeptically. A realization hit her. "Wait--we're flying?"

"Floating, actually," the Doctor responded. "Gravatonics like this counteract gravity like two magnets pushing against each other. It's usually used for keeping forts and high security buildings levitated in the 30th Century." He scowled. "No one on Earth should have this technology in the 2020s. We're dealing with a leak of highly advanced technology from the future into the past, most likely."

"So let me get this straight," Clara began. "We're in Oregon during the 2020s. But we're standing in a Cretaceous jungle, which is floating miles above the ground."

The Doctor, instead of answering, simply stared blankly into a patch of foliage. "Clara," he said solemnly, "Go back to the TARDIS."

Clara's eyes focused on the other edge of their small forest clearing. Her blood ran cold.

There were dozens of dinosaurs, watching them with cold, vacant eyes.

"Dromeosaurs," the Doctor muttered, half to himself. "Relative of Deinonychus, but slightly bigger and much smarter. They rush their prey and rip it to shreds before the hapless creature even knows it's been seen. So the question is..."

He turned around swiftly, eyes locked on another raptor that had cut between them and the blue phone box. The Doctor swallowed, then finished the question. "...Why are we still alive?"

An answer came through the foliage, loud, distinct, and feminine.

"Because we didn't tell them to eat you, duh!"

She appeared a moment later, a small woman with short curls and a dress splashed with a bit of every color there was. Her mismatched socks blinked in no obvious pattern. Bits of glitter fell from her hair. The Doctor blinked once, twice, squinted a bit, and elbowed Clara hard.

"Ow! What was--"

"Check my eyes." The Doctor leaned down, placing his face as close to hers as he could manage.

"Doctor, this is a distinct violation of my personal space."

"Oh, quit whining about your personal this and personal that. Check my eyes. Tell me if I broke them on that landing."

"I don't think that's possible."

"Oh no no no," the strange woman said, her expression serious. "It can happen. I did it once. Well, not to me. One of my old boyfriends was being a meanieface so I--"

"Clara, tell me I'm hallucinating. Please, please tell me I'm hallucinating."

"Fine. You're hallucinating."

The Doctor groaned, turning his eyes skyward. "Stop lying to me, will you?"

"But you said--"

Leaves rustled and crashed against one another as someone else approached. "Doctor?" A male voice this time, worried and a bit harried. "Uh, Lightwards is looking for you. He gave me a threat, but it's kind of rude, so I won't repeat it unless....."

The voice belonged to a young man with reddish hair and fair skin spread over a lanky frame. He wore a brown pinstriped suit, a bright green tie, red Converse, and a brown suede duster. His gaze flickered from the Doctor to the TARDIS, a ridiculous shade of blue against the prehistoric jungle.

The Doctor, for his part, didn't seem able to take his eyes off the newcomer either. He blinked once or twice, tried to say something, and failed.

"You," the ginger said at last, a smile of disbelief touching his lips. "What are you doing here?"

The Doctor had a more important question. "Why are you dressed like...me?"

She appeared a moment later, a small woman with short curls and a dress splashed with a bit of every color there was. Her mismatched socks blinked in no obvious pattern. Bits of glitter fell from her hair. The Doctor blinked once, twice, squinted a bit, and elbowed Clara hard.

"Ow! What was--"

"Check my eyes." The Doctor leaned down, placing his face as close to hers as he could manage.

"Doctor, this is a distinct violation of my personal space."

"Oh, quit whining about your personal this and personal that. Check my eyes. Tell me if I broke them on that landing."

"I don't think that's possible."

"Oh no no no," the strange woman said, her expression serious. "It can happen. I did it once. Well, not to me. One of my old boyfriends was being a meanieface so I--"

"Clara, tell me I'm hallucinating. Please, please tell me I'm hallucinating."

"Fine. You're hallucinating."

The Doctor groaned, turning his eyes skyward. "Stop lying to me, will you?"

"But you said--"

Leaves rustled and crashed against one another as someone else approached. "Doctor?" A male voice this time, worried and a bit harried. "Uh, Lightwards is looking for you. He gave me a threat, but it's kind of rude, so I won't repeat it unless....."

The voice belonged to a young man with reddish hair and fair skin spread over a lanky frame. He wore a brown pinstriped suit, a bright green tie, red Converse, and a brown suede duster. His gaze flickered from the Doctor to the TARDIS, a ridiculous shade of blue against the prehistoric jungle.

The Doctor, for his part, didn't seem able to take his eyes off the newcomer either. He blinked once or twice, tried to say something, and failed.

"You," the ginger said at last, a smile of disbelief touching his lips. "What are you doing here?"

The Doctor had a more important question. "Why are you dressed like...me?"

The ginger scratched his head before shoving his hands in his pockets, looking as awkward as he did excited.

"Well, uh," he began, unsure of himself. "It's kind of complicated to explain..."

"No it's not!" the woman butted in. The Doctor still couldn't quite keep his eyes away from her. He'd seen diamond planets around Zenebbius VI that didn't glitter as much as she did.

"It was all Nathan's idea," the woman chattered happily. "I wanted a pink tuxedo, but he said he didn't want that, which is too bad since he'd look amazing in one--but he was really insistent! It's like he'd wanted a suit like this his entire life!"

'Nathan,' as he was called, gave an uncomfortable cough and shuffled his feet. The Doctor switched his gaze to the young man. A suspicious gaze.

"I recognize those clothes," Clara said thoughtfully. "You wore something like that, right Doctor?"

"A very long time ago," the Time Lord said softly. "A different me."

"The handsome you," Clara quipped, smirking.

The Doctor glared irritably. "You should know that there are twelve of me who are very offended by that."

"And one feeling smugly vindicated," Clara finished.

The woman in the bright dress looked somewhat lost in the discussion, but Nathan could barely hold back a grin. The Doctor caught his stare with a suspicious glare, taking a few steps into his personal space.

"How do you know who I am?" the Doctor asked quietly. "I haven't survived two thousand years of time travel by being unobservant. You know me. You know precisely who I am, and that puts you in a very dangerous category of people. So answer me and answer me honestly: how do you know who I am?"

The man in the pinstripe coat glanced about nervously. The pudding-brain in the psychedelic dress was looking on with a concerned expression. Concern, laced with another emotion the Doctor recognized on sight.

Protectiveness.

"I saw you on television," Nathan blurted. "Back in Newcago, we used to watch old DVDs after the casino closed. I watched as much Doctor Who as I could. I mean, Steelheart banned a lot of it, but there were plenty of episodes available if you knew where to look. Especially David Tennant episodes."

The Doctor stared blankly at him for a long minute. Thoughts and theories bounced around in his mind, each more unlikely than the last.

Nathan is a transdimensional infodroid. Nathan is a rogue boltzmann brain from beyond the Void. Nathan is the Great Intelligence. Nathan is the Master.

"So," Clara said with a wide smile stretching across her face. "You're on the telly here?"

The Doctor shook his head firmly. "No. That's completely impossible. Data cannot be diffused across dimensional barriers through media outlets! I cannot be on the telly!"

"But you are!" Nathan insisted. He turned to his glittery companion, who was watching the conversation with an exaggeratedly confused expression. "Doctor, remember that DVD I showed you at the cottage?"

The woman gasped, her hands fluttering to her cheeks. "The one with the grumpy Scottish guy?"

"That's the one."

Ms. Glitter Pudding-Brain immediately got to her knees, hefting a medium sized rock from the forest floor. She brought it to face level and tossed it into the air.

When it fell back to her hand, it was a flat box with a blue theme and a recognizable face.

The cover was adorned with the Doctor, Clara at his side, in all his scowling glory. He was, the box proclaimed...

"Played by Peter Capaldi," Clara read with a giggle. She pointed straight to the Doctor's chest, mirth unrestrained. "You're a TV star, Doctor!"

The Doctor opened his mouth, closed it, and repeated. He took the box from the giggling woman in the absurd dress, processing the impossible.

He was a TV star.

This had been demonstrated by a woman in what seemed to be a prom dress that was on the wrong end of a paintball fight, who had transfigured a solid rock into a DVD right before his eyes.

This was impossible. Impossible in many strange and impossible ways that made other impossibilities in his life look strikingly more plausible. This was absurd.

Clara seemed remarkably unperturbed by the situation, pacing around him with a smug smile. Eventually, overcoming her initial fear, she strode over and actually leaned against one of the raptors. The dinosaur only fixed her with a hostile glare, making no move to dislodge the amused mammal.

"We've got to get this place's address," Clara proclaimed. ""Because I for one get the feeling I'm going to like it here."

"Doctor," a cold voice interrupted. "You have two minutes to explain who these intruders are, why you are allowing them to touch my Warriors, and why in Calamity's name you put a blue phone box in my Museum."

The Doctor whipped around at the sound of his name, as did the glittery woman. A man had stepped into the clearing, wearing formal attire flecked with blood. It contrasted deeply with the shamrock green bowler hat that sat upon his head.

The professor from hell looked them over with contempt. "Speak quickly before I take them, Doctor. I'm not a patient man."

I guess the Mobius Hemalurgic creation is probably a no-go then? :P

It would only bring the Dark Alley newer and more dangerous enemies. :P

I almost feel like we should have a different thread for the random DW/Harry Potter crossovers that pop up here all the time.  :mellow:  :P