News on Mistborn: Birthright

This was mentioned on Brandon's blog, but the site he linked to was down for awhile, so I only just saw it today. I haven't seen any other threads about the interview yet.

Big news of the day is that we will apparently see the origin of mistcloaks. Nothing else really jumped out at me.

Edited by Kurkistan

Um ... everything jumps out at me because I just don't know enough! I want to, but ... Transliterations? Seriously? I'm not that capable! So, please ... bear with me while I stumble, fumble and try to be something more than I am. Please?

I assume you're referring to my signature. Do you want to use it/need help with it?

Edited by Kurkistan

• 2 weeks later...

I find it funny how Brandon said he's always loved video games ever since he bought a Nintendo, and the new Mistborn game will not be on a Nintendo system.

I think a lot of us started out on a Nintendo system. Super Nintendo got me into gaming when I was 6, and some of my all time favorites are still on that console.

That said, I'd be dismayed if a Mistborn game was made on a Nintendo system. The hardware simply isn't enough to handle what I envision as a capable Mistborn game. All my humble opinion of course.

I assume you're referring to my signature. Do you want to use it/need help with it?

I first learned of 17th Shard on Adonalsium.net (which is now defunct), and then on Time Waster's Guide, which I didn't frequent often, but of which I'm still a member. Even so, I want to be more of a presence here if I can. So, since it's been such a long time since I joined the site, what I'm interested in is contributing to the site however I might and being a member of this community. I want to be involved however I might because I'm definitely a Brandon Sanderson fan. I've read most of his novels twice (save the Alcatraz series) and am looking forward to the next installment in The Stormlight Archive. So, with regard to Birthright, I think others know more than I do and I don't play games. Suffice it say that I'm just happy to be a member of this community and I thank you for your acceptance of me.

As I was reading TWOK, I knew someone way smart would translate the nearly incomprehensible "scratches" preceding specific chapters.. Someone did. I found that out on The Timewaster's Guide after TWoK was released. Was it you? (I still don't know what your sig says, but I think it was you.) Am I right? Ultimately, this doesn't matter; I'm just curious because I want to meet new people.

Even though I joined 17th Shard a while ago, I've only recently become active. Why? Because I was a part of Adonalsium.net, which folded before I realized 17th would be so vital to Brandon's activity. I just want to be a member of this community and I have significant contributions to make.

Edited by Shivertongue
Please don't double-post. Use the edit function in the future! :) - Shiv

As I was reading TWOK, I knew someone way smart would translate the nearly incomprehensible "scratches" preceding specific chapters.. Someone did. I found that out on The Timewaster's Guide after TWoK was released. Was it you? (I still don't know what your sig says, but I think it was you.) Am I right? Ultimately, this doesn't matter; I'm just curious because I want to meet new people.

Even though I joined 17th Shard a while ago, I've only recently become active. Why? Because I was a part of Adonalsium.net, which folded before I realized 17th would be so vital to Brandon's activity. I just want to be a member of this community and I have significant contributions to make.

No, it wasn't me. It was Harakeke. Turos designed a font to write Alethi and I wrote a Java program that transforms English text into phonetic Alethi using Turos's font conventions.

Agreed. Unless you're going for a family-fun, chibi, mistborn activity game (please no), Nintendo just ain't the right fit ;)

Get out.

...so I can meet you at the door and shake your hand. Down with Nintendo! :D

*Hides* :ph34r:

No, it wasn't me. It was Harakeke. Turos designed a font to write Alethi and I wrote a Java program that transforms English text into phonetic Alethi using Turos's font conventions.

Fascinating! (Oh, crap! That sounds like a Spock comment and the reference is entirely unintended.) Thanks for the clarification, Kurkistan. I have to admit that I remain in awe of the process of transformation (because I'm just not that technologically savvy). Still, I remember that Brandon posted that he knew someone would figure it out, I think on Time Wasters. My congrats to Harakeke, Turos and yourself! It was brilliant!

• 4 months later...

Hello all, I have some sad news regarding the game: it has officially been pushed back to 2014, I learned this when I reddit PM-ed him and he replied saying "(also there is no movie/game news right now, the game has been pushed back to 2014 and the movie still hasn't been picked upby a studio.)"

The diehard in me wants the game to be as good as possible but I also want to play this game so bad... I'm so torn...

I looked on the Mistborn Birthright Facebook page, and it had a poll a while back asking what system you would like to play the game on, and the Wii U was an option, while the Wii U isn't on their main page. Could this mean that the game will be getting a port to the Wii U?

Edited by LevenThumps

I looked on the Mistborn Birthright Facebook page, and it had a poll a while back asking what system you would like to play the game on, and the Wii U was an option, while the Wii U isn't on their main page. Could this mean that the game will be getting a port to the Wii U?

I rather hope so. The Wii U is odd, but it's a very capable system. I'm hoping to get one once the version with decent memory has had a price cut or two.

I rather hope so. The Wii U is odd, but it's a very capable system. I'm hoping to get one once the version with decent memory has had a price cut or two.

I hope it goes to the Wii U as well. I'm pretty sure the Wii U has all the same buttons as the XBox 360, so a port shouldn't be that hard. I plan on getting a Wii U as well, but when they have a few more first party games out.

• 1 month later...

A month late here, but Brandon confirmed to me that it is making it's way to next gen consoles. I assume PS4, Xbox 720, and Wii U. I am sure it will see a PC release as well, though I forgot to ask this.

Let's face the facts, kids. The Nintendo Wii doesn't do crap.

That is all.

It does everything but pretty pictures, but that was enough to make the devs revolt, because that's all they want to do these days. The Wii could easily have done everything for an awesome Mistborn game: it would have done it in 480p instead of 1080p, but nothing of value is lost there.

But it's an academic point, since third parties basically killed the system.

Edited by Millennium

A month late here, but Brandon confirmed to me that it is making it's way to next gen consoles. I assume PS4, Xbox 720, and Wii U. I am sure it will see a PC release as well, though I forgot to ask this.

At least there's some word on it. I was afraid they canceled the project. Hopefully, some footage will be revealed of some kind at E3 as all next gen consoles will have been shown off by then.

At least there's some word on it. I was afraid they canceled the project. Hopefully, some footage will be revealed of some kind at E3 as all next gen consoles will have been shown off by then.

That is what I am hoping as well. Brandon promised it was coming and that he would still be writing 100% of the story for the game, so hopefully something turns up soon. They have a great looking site over there that has me really excited, I just never see anything new.