All brains have a self-destruct mechanism installed, to be detonated in the event of a soul-threatening mental image.

Which is why I'll never ponify Terry/Quota in a comic. It would result in the death of half the forum. :mellow:

That should be an acceptable casualty rate for those of us who don't die.

Guys, we're already on page 94. At this rate, soon we'll have more Question threads than pages in WHiP :P

We have two options here.

Option one: Accept our fate and continue filling these threads with pure awesomeness.

Option two: Try to refrain from awesomeness, fail, and spam the WHiP thread with ponies.

Sounds good then, although if he is himself able to use that many powers it raises some balance issues, that is quite a few abilities for one Epic to possess not too far outside what we've seen but still quite a few.

Metronome shall never be killed by any Epic! He shall reign supreme over the wreckage of Oregon! :P

If you want some powerset ideas I have an ever-growing google doc full of them, although it may be in need of a cleanup so some may be taken but not noted as taken yet. Feel free to change names/incorporate more powers they're just base ideas really.

I am going to keep his power balance in check or have him killed off, never worry. Thanks for the google doc, I will be sure to check it out.

What Voidus said mostly. What I would add is that Squire might not be the most appropriate name, if he´s the one calling the shots.

This was actually a big concern for me, I spent around thirty minutes trying to think of another name for him but failed miserably.  Two things prohibited that mostly. One was that I came up with the idea of the Horsemen first and then built Squire around them since I liked the idea. The other was trying to create five Epics at the same time and acting like Squire himself and just being to lazy to do anything for myself. That's part of the reason that I posted their bios online, hopefully somebody can think of a better name. Maybe Dragoon? The dictionary says "a member of any of several cavalry regiments in the British army" so I suppose that could work rather well.

Force and energy have a relationship, but they aren't exactly the same.

In essence, applying a force over a distance changes the kinetic energy of an object. But force isn't energy.

This actually helps a lot. So what Frostfire is doing is manipulating the end products of forces, without affecting the forces themselves. 

So in theory, he could generate extreme amounts of energy, with time and difficulty (by physically adding kinetic energy to something, whilst draining that energy and adding more energy+the energy drained ad nauseam) but it'd always scale linearly, and (sort-of) comply with thermodynamics, as he cannot actually change the forces involved. That makes sense.

Anyways, everything's all nice and internally consistent again. :P

So in theory, he could generate extreme amounts of energy, with time and difficulty (by physically adding kinetic energy to something, whilst draining that energy and adding more energy+the energy drained ad nauseam) but it'd always scale linearly, and (sort-of) comply with thermodynamics, as he cannot actually change the forces involved. That makes sense.

:blink:

And boom goes The Panda's brain.

:blink:

And boom goes The Panda's brain.

Frostfire; exploding the heads of pandas since [whatever year it is in the Dalles].  :P

I am going to keep his power balance in check or have him killed off, never worry. Thanks for the google doc, I will be sure to check it out.

This was actually a big concern for me, I spent around thirty minutes trying to think of another name for him but failed miserably.  Two things prohibited that mostly. One was that I came up with the idea of the Horsemen first and then built Squire around them since I liked the idea. The other was trying to create five Epics at the same time and acting like Squire himself and just being to lazy to do anything for myself. That's part of the reason that I posted their bios online, hopefully somebody can think of a better name. Maybe Dragoon? The dictionary says "a member of any of several cavalry regiments in the British army" so I suppose that could work rather well.

Why not Conquest? It fits with the whole Four Horsmen theme, and works with his nature/personality, as you've described. (ie., arrogant, superior, lazy.)

Why not Conquest? It fits with the whole Four Horsmen theme, and works with his nature/personality, as you've described. (ie., arrogant, superior, lazy.)

Conquest makes him sound like he has large amounts of ambition, which I am not sure that he does. That's not to say that he has no ambition, just that it is limited right now. If he kept all of those powers for himself without Gifting him he could be a crazy powerful dude. Maybe to keep his ambition high and still require the Horsemen I could put a stipulation that he can only use one power himself and can only Gift one power per person. The name is a good idea I will conder it. Thanks for the input.

Dang, I keep forgetting how verbose the Question threads are. 30+ pages read in one sitting...

That was alot of pugs.

Winter, Fade's ability causes him to cease existing, so there wouldn't be a heartbeat for her to find, since he doesn't technically exist at the moment.

I also wanted to come on record saying that writing the scene where one of your characters shoots Nighthound in the head is incredibly therapeutic.

I just had this thought, and I don't know if it makes me feel better or worse.

Imagine Timeport, with his axe, with overalls, while chopping down a tree.

You're welcome :P

Now imagine Lightwards as a passionate environmentalist who follows in his footsteps and resurrects every tree as he chops it down. :P

Now imagine Lightwards as a passionate environmentalist who follows in his footsteps and resurrects every tree as he chops it down. :P

They eventually formed an infinite loop, Timeport would chop a tree down then be crushed by it, Lightwards would resurrect the tree, then Timeport resurrected and chopped the tree down again.

They eventually formed an infinite loop, Timeport would chop a tree down then be crushed by it, Lightwards would resurrect the tree, then Timeport resurrected and chopped the tree down again.

Their infinite loop eventually devolved into an infinite childish argument, where Lightwards would resurrect a tree that then fell on Timeport, who resurrected and berated Lightwards for making his job more difficult, who would resurrect another tree to spite him, which Timeport would chop down and be crushed by.

And Oregon was saved.