I wonder if it's possible to write a Glamour post set to this song right here

:ph34r:

...For an Autumn/Glamour shipping scene, about Glass' broken heart?

...Yeah, I'll have to work on that. :P

You just keep raising expectations for the man that Vondra. :P

His first post may be a bit disappointing since all he's doing is riding in a helicopter.  :ph34r: But with any luck, once I actually start bringing him into the action he'll get some badchull scenes. :P

What was Autumn´s offical title?

I….don't think I gave her one. :mellow: I believe it would be something like "City Guard Chaplain" or "Chaplain on Duty." I kind of think the second one sounds slightly more badchull, but feel free to play around with her title if you think of something better. 

Also, I found a theme song for Mister Meh.

I….don't think I gave her one. :mellow: I believe it would be something like "City Guard Chaplain" or "Chaplain on Duty." I kind of think the second one sounds slightly more badchull, but feel free to play around with her title if you think of something better. 

Also, I found a theme song for Mister Meh.

I like the latter one too.

Eh, that one's okay I guess. :P Which Epic gets the dubious honor of Weird Al's "Tacky"? :P

Eh, that one's okay I guess. :P Which Epic gets the dubious honor of Weird Al's "Tacky"? :P

I think for "Tacky," we need a montage. 

Funtimes

It might seem crazy, wearing stripes and plaid

Lucentia 

I Instagram every meal I've had

All my used liquor bottles are on display

Lightwards

We can go to see a show but I'll make you pay

Altermind

Wear my belt with suspenders and sandals with my socks

(Because I'm tacky)

Funtimes

Got some new glitter Uggs and lovely pink sequined Crocs

(Because I'm tacky)

Lightwards

Never let you forget some favor I did for you

(Because I'm tacky)

If you're okay with that, then, you might just be tacky, too

Nighthound

I meet some chick, ask her this and that

Like 'Are you pregnant girl, or just really fat?' (what?)

Red

Well, now I'm dropping names almost constantly

That's what Kanye West keeps telling me, here's why

Funtimes

Wear my Ed Hardy shirt with fluorescent orange pants

(Because I'm tacky)

Got my new resume it's printed in Comic Sans

(Because I'm tacky)

Altermind

Think it's fun threatening waiters with a bad Yelp review

(Because I'm tacky)

If you think that's just fine, then, you're probably tacky, too

All 

Bring me shame, can't nothing

Bring me shame, I never know why

Bring me shame, I said

Bring me shame, it's pointless to try

Bring me shame, I said

Glamour

43 Bumper Stickers and a YOLO license plate

(Because I'm tacky)

Lightwards

Bring along my coupon book whenever I'm on a date

(Because I'm tacky)

Nighthound

Practice my twerking moves in line at the DMV

(Because I'm tacky)

Lightwards

Took the whole bowl of restaurant mints. Hey, it said they're free

(Because I'm tacky)

Nighthound

I get drunk at the bank

And take off my shirt, at least

(Because I'm tacky)

Lightwards

I would live-tweet a funeral, take selfies with the deceased

(Because I'm tacky)

Timeport

If I'm bit by a zombie, I'm probably not telling you

(Because I'm tacky)

If you don't think that's bad, guess what, then you're tacky, too

After pledging for the Allomancy Dice kickstarter, I looked at where the company was set.

Portland, OR.

Crud. Looks like we won't be getting any more Mistborn RPG stuff in the near future :P

We can always make Baxter Game's cousin an Epic so he can defend their manufacturing plant. "Crafty" Game is sure to be able to protect his livelihood. :P

I think for "Tacky," we need a montage. 

Funtimes

It might seem crazy, wearing stripes and plaid

Lucentia 

I Instagram every meal I've had

All my used liquor bottles are on display

Lightwards

We can go to see a show but I'll make you pay

Altermind

Wear my belt with suspenders and sandals with my socks

(Because I'm tacky)

Funtimes

Got some new glitter Uggs and lovely pink sequined Crocs

(Because I'm tacky)

Lightwards

Never let you forget some favor I did for you

(Because I'm tacky)

If you're okay with that, then, you might just be tacky, too

Nighthound

I meet some chick, ask her this and that

Like 'Are you pregnant girl, or just really fat?' (what?)

Red

Well, now I'm dropping names almost constantly

That's what Kanye West keeps telling me, here's why

Funtimes

Wear my Ed Hardy shirt with fluorescent orange pants

(Because I'm tacky)

Got my new resume it's printed in Comic Sans

(Because I'm tacky)

Altermind

Think it's fun threatening waiters with a bad Yelp review

(Because I'm tacky)

If you think that's just fine, then, you're probably tacky, too

All 

Bring me shame, I never know why

Bring me shame, I said

Bring me shame, it's pointless to try

Bring me shame, I said

Glamour

43 Bumper Stickers and a YOLO license plate

(Because I'm tacky)

Lightwards

Bring along my coupon book whenever I'm on a date

(Because I'm tacky)

Nighthound

Practice my twerking moves in line at the DMV

(Because I'm tacky)

Lightwards

Took the whole bowl of restaurant mints. Hey, it said they're free

(Because I'm tacky)

Nighthound

I get drunk at the bank

(Because I'm tacky)

Lightwards

I would live-tweet a funeral, take selfies with the deceased

(Because I'm tacky)

Timeport

If I'm bit by a zombie, I'm probably not telling you

(Because I'm tacky)

If you don't think that's bad, guess what, then you're tacky, too

I...

There are no words to describe how many times I burst out laughing at the imagery invoked here. My entire family thinks I lost my mind in front of the computer.  :lol:  :D

I mean, every single line fits a tacky character perfectly. I can totally see Twentydeaths!Lightwards taking selfies with every corpse in Oregon. :P

Talking about Weird Al, he had a Polka duel with Pinky Pie once, right? Which means PP totally needs a new personality. Voidus, mind if we take care of that? :ph34r:

Nighthound

I get drunk at the bank

You hve no idea how fitting this is in a horribly ironic sense.

Otherwise, perfectly funny. :P

Talking about Weird Al, he had a Polka duel with Pinky Pie once, right? Which means PP totally needs a new personality. Voidus, mind if we take care of that? :ph34r:

You hve no idea how fitting this is in a horribly ironic sense.

Otherwise, perfectly funny. :P

I'm taking it's fitting in a backstory sort of way? 

…Well, it's better than having "Practice my twerking moves in line at the DMV" be canon, I suppose. :P 

For the record Voidus, the only acceptable response to this question is "Okey dokey loki." :P

Though it does raise a pressing hypothetical scenario. If Quota devoted all of his energies into making someone frown while Pinkie Pie tried to make them smile, who would win?  :huh:

For the record Voidus, the only acceptable response to this question is "Okey dokey loki." :P

Though it does raise a pressing hypothetical scenario. If Quota devoted all of his energies into making someone frown while Pinkie Pie tried to make them smile, who would win?  :huh:

Depends if Pinkie Pie used the "Smile Song" as her primary attack. If so, Quota would explode from the sheer effort of attempting to hold back his intended victim's smiles. 

I'm taking it's fitting in a backstory sort of way? 

…Well, it's better than having "Practice my twerking moves in line at the DMV" be canon, I suppose. :P

Yup, horrible horrible backstory. :unsure:

Pinky has the advantage of fourth wall breaking, so she can just get his weakness and make the world a happier place. :lol:

Yup, horrible horrible backstory. :unsure:

Pinky has the advantage of fourth wall breaking, so she can just get his weakness and make the world a happier place. :lol:

And then Nighthound died. At the same bank where he caused this horrible backstory to take place. 

I would gladly give Pinkie Pie Quota's weakness. 

Don't hold out on her. You're the GM; give her the weakness of every Epic in Oregon. :P

I wonder if the Elements of Harmony could neutralize Calamity itself.  :mellow:

Firefight spoilers. 

Seriously, if you haven't read the book, turn back now. 

I'm warning you.

Well, if you insist….

Before Firefight, I held that the different members of Prof's Reckoners cell represented one of each of the Elements of Harmony. 

David: Loyalty 

Abraham: Kindness 

Prof: Generosity 

Cody: Laughter 

Tia: Honesty 

Megan: Magic 

However, with a recent turn of events (THANKS, REGALIA), I believe the bearers of the Elements may need to be revised. 

Mizzy: Laughter 

Prof's betrayal sadly leaves Generosity without a bearer, and I'm beginning to distrust Tia, which makes her an unlikely bearer of Honesty. Before we determine whether or not the Reckoners are capable of facing Calamity, I think we'll need to figure out who bears which Element.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Firefight spoilers. 

Seriously, if you haven't read the book, turn back now. 

I'm warning you.

Well, if you insist….

Before Firefight, I held that the different members of Prof's Reckoners cell represented one of each of the Elements of Harmony. 

Prof: Generosity 

Cody: Laughter 

Tia: Honesty 

However, with a recent turn of events (THANKS, REGALIA), I believe the bearers of the Elements may need to be revised. 

Mizzy: Laughter 

Prof's betrayal sadly leaves Generosity without a bearer, and I'm beginning to distrust Tia, which makes her an unlikely bearer of Honesty. Before we determine whether or not the Reckoners are capable of facing Calamity, I think we'll need to figure out who bears which Element.

ALSO MAJOR SPOILERS. If you haven't read Firefight, turn back.

I'M WARNING YOU.

The problem is that we don't have an abundance of characters to choose from just yet. Warbreaker, Stormlight, and the other Cosmere books all have huge casts of characters while the Reckoners books revolve around a very few individuals.

That said, I'd like to nominate Dawnslight as the bearer of Generosity. Using some of the greatest powers we've yet seen in an Epic, Dawnslight devotes his entire conscious existence towards creating a lush and bountiful utopia. He lavishes the people of Babilar with magical fruits, and brings warm weather for them to enjoy. He is the very picture of an innocent child's generosity, frozen in time by his coma and brought to gargantuan scale by Calamity. He's the perfect bearer for Generosity, in my opinion.

ALSO MAJOR SPOILERS. If you haven't read Firefight, turn back.

I'M WARNING YOU.

The problem is that we don't have an abundance of characters to choose from just yet. Warbreaker, Stormlight, and the other Cosmere books all have huge casts of characters while the Reckoners books revolve around a very few individuals.

That said, I'd like to nominate Dawnslight as the bearer of Generosity. Using some of the greatest powers we've yet seen in an Epic, Dawnslight devotes his entire conscious existence towards creating a lush and bountiful utopia. He lavishes the people of Babilar with magical fruits, and brings warm weather for them to enjoy. He is the very picture of an innocent child's generosity, frozen in time by his coma and brought to gargantuan scale by Calamity. He's the perfect bearer for Generosity, in my opinion.

Read Firefight before you read this. 

Seriously, people, it's better than the original—and that's saying something. 

Last chance to turn back. 

Funny, I was about to nominate the same character for Generosity. Dawnslight's only interest thus far seems to be giving and giving, and in a world where the most magnanimous Epics give only for the pleasure of taking it away later (LOOKING AT YOU, REGALIA) that is no mean statement. Unless Calamity pulls one of those terrible evil-all-along twists with him (and I really do think Sanderson is better than that) then I too nominate Dawnslight as the bearer of Generosity. 

Honesty, though, is a difficult one. I said Tia after the first book, given the way she learns and shares what truth she knows about Epics and their powers/weaknesses….but after Firefight, I'm not sure how much I trust her. She knew a lot of things that could have prevented disaster and even tragedy, and she just kept them to herself. Maybe she has good reasons, and I'll reserve judgment until I've finished Calamity, but I no longer think Tia is the best representation of Honesty. I would have nominated Exel, because he's awesome, but I can't do that, either. (SERIOUSLY, REGALIA, I HATE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH.)

Read Firefight before you read this. 

Seriously, people, it's better than the original—and that's saying something. 

Last chance to turn back. 

Funny, I was about to nominate the same character for Generosity. Dawnslight's only interest thus far seems to be giving and giving, and in a world where the most magnanimous Epics give only for the pleasure of taking it away later (LOOKING AT YOU, REGALIA) that is no mean statement. Unless Calamity pulls one of those terrible evil-all-along twists with him (and I really do think Sanderson is better than that) then I too nominate Dawnslight as the bearer of Generosity. 

Honesty, though, is a difficult one. I said Tia after the first book, given the way she learns and shares what truth she knows about Epics and their powers/weaknesses….but after Firefight, I'm not sure how much I trust her. She knew a lot of things that could have prevented disaster and even tragedy, and she just kept them to herself. Maybe she has good reasons, and I'll reserve judgment until I've finished Calamity, but I no longer think Tia is the best representation of Honesty. I would have nominated Exel, because he's awesome, but I can't do that, either. (SERIOUSLY, REGALIA, I HATE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH.)

I begin to see Regalia as increasingly like Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove.  :mellow:

"It is no concern of mine whether your family has--what was it again?"

"Um, food?"

"Ha! You really should have thought of that before you became vanillas! We're through here. Take him away."

This obviously makes Obliteration Kronk, which will radically improve my future re-readings.

Now's probably when I should remind you not to progress unless you've read Firefight.

Capisce?

Dawnslight it is, then. :D

I don't trust Tia either at this point. She's a good person, but she simply keeps too many secrets to earn the Element of Honesty.

Perhaps if Obliteration winds up as redeemed, we'll find out that he's an exceptionally honest person. Or perhaps we could give Cody the Element of Loyalty and give David the Element of Honesty. I'm not really confident with either of those possibilities, though.

Edited by Kobold King

I begin to see Regalia as increasingly like Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove.  :mellow:

"It is no concern of mine whether your family has--what was it again?"

"Um, food?"

"Ha! You really should have thought of that before you became vanillas! We're through here. Take him away."

This obviously makes Obliteration Kronk, which will radically improve my future re-readings.

Now's probably when I should remind you not to progress unless you've read Firefight.

Capisce?

Dawnslight it is, then. :D

I don't trust Tia either at this point. She's a good person, but she simply keeps too many secrets to earn the Element of Honesty.

Perhaps if Obliteration winds up as redeemed, we'll find out that he's an exceptionally honest person. Or perhaps we could give Cody the Element of Loyalty and give David the Element of Honesty. I'm not really confident with either of those possibilities, though.

I approve of this imagery.

Alas, continuing along these same lines would mean including spoilers...

….so just quit now. 

*long gasp* "I destroy things because I'm scared of something deep down inside and Regalia cut out a chunk of my DNA because of some deep-seated terror that makes her into a horrible person and I'm kind of sick of thinking of myself as one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse but I can't because of that terror I have stored deep down inside, the same terror that's turning me into King of the Creepers, a title that makes it hard to flirt with the ladies."

*longer gasp* "David doesn't seem interested in cutting out a chunk of my DNA and using it as a bomb and he just told me that I'll have to get over whatever deep-seated fear is making me kill people and I believe him more than I believe Regalia so if I face that fear, I can stop being a creeperface.

"Oh yeah. It's all comin' together."

If Obliteration is redeemed—which I'm beginning to hope happens more and more—I think he would be perfect for Honesty. Unlike Regalia, he didn't conceal his motives. His plan was to destroy—a plan he laid out in the open for all to see. He seemed motivated not purely by the pleasure of destruction, but also by what he sincerely believed was the truth: that "the seed of the Epic is in each one," and that the only way to prevent that seed from growing was wholesale destruction. 

That is the darkest side of Honesty. Now imagine if Obliteration were redeemed. We could see that honesty, that commitment to truth, channeled in a way that…would most likely still be terrifying, but terrifying in a really cool way that makes us cheer him on, rather than chant "And then Obliteration died."

Aaaannnnnnd I knew I was forgetting something when I posted for Funtimes today. <_< Mailliw and mail-mi, do you want me to edit in a Quota post once I have it written up, or just wait?

Whatever works for me.

Whatever works for me.

Cool. I'll get something written up for him, then, and depending on who has posted, I'll either edit him into Funtimes' post or post it alone. 

Also: I couldn't find an appropriate section of the Gallery that would allow me to upload this, but I promised I'd post it to this site for my sister. So tell me what you think and I'll tell her. 

f9083a930faa876ee77f78608f9ee5de.jpg

She did another drawing of Steelheart that I said looked like Newcago graffiti that probably got someone killed. :P

Cool. I'll get something written up for him, then, and depending on who has posted, I'll either edit him into Funtimes' post or post it alone. 

Also: I couldn't find an appropriate section of the Gallery that would allow me to upload this, but I promised I'd post it to this site for my sister. So tell me what you think and I'll tell her. 

f9083a930faa876ee77f78608f9ee5de.jpg

She did another drawing of Steelheart that I said looked like Newcago graffiti that probably got someone killed. :P

That is seriously awesome. :D For a moment I thought it was Kelsier based on the cape, but I recognized Steelheart pretty quickly. I definitely get a serious dark-Superman vibe from the picture, and the surrounding buildings are pretty awesomely drawn.

I kind of want to see to graffiti that would have gotten her killed in Newcago. :P How old is she, and how long has she been drawing?

That is seriously awesome. :D For a moment I thought it was Kelsier based on the cape, but I recognized Steelheart pretty quickly. I definitely get a serious dark-Superman vibe from the picture, and the surrounding buildings are pretty awesomely drawn.

I kind of want to see to graffiti that would have gotten her killed in Newcago. :P How old is she, and how long has she been drawing?

I asked her for permission to post the graffiti, and she said maybe. :P

She's 17, and she's been drawing for about 3 years. She says she only started "trying" to draw (instead of doodle, I guess?) about a year ago.

Nothing I could think of but I´m certain that it could be funny for Lightwards and Lucentia to have a "You´re drunk" conversation.

This would be awesome, but maybe it should wait till the Thoughhttown gang leave so we don't hold up the MEE any more.

Great post, Mailliw! I do have one question, though. How difficult to get rid of is the Mrs. Trattner hallucination? We've seen from Thoughttown posts that Altermind can cause hallucinations in people even after he's left their presence. Will the sobbing Elizabeth stay put in the Sadry residence, or will she invisibly follow Sam around wherever she goes until AM's weakness is activated again?

(If the latter, then Altermind would have just made a huge mistake--both by threatening her mother, and by giving her a direct means of testing which part of her message set off his weakness. :ph34r:)

The hallucinations from when he leaves someone's presence are a weaker and he can't do more than one or two at a time. The Mrs. Trattner hallucination won't be a long one, just enough to shake her. It should only last five to ten minutes.

Did anyone notice the flickering of Altermind's illusions?

Am I going to get RAFO'd?

Hopefully. That was kinda the point of including it.

Yep. I considered mentioning what set it off outright, but decided that it'll be better for hints like this and then for the weakness to be revealed at a better moment. You'll see it eventually. But for now, RAFO.

Sparks, given that Sam ought to act weird with the illusion of her mother it wouldn´t even be a far stratch for other people to notice that and make a connection. Thinking about it, with someone setting of his weakness shouldn´t he have become visible outright spelling it out to people. Only a short flikering seems like getting of easy after having his weakness activated.

Edit: Alright Funtimes, no more drugs for you. :P

It wasn't his exact weakness. Think of it like how Kool-Aid effected Sourcefield. Sam came close to it, close enough to cause him to flicker, but my understanding is that she wasn't precise enough to completely shut it down.

Aldo noticed, and Lucentia probably did too. I can imagine either one of them cornering Sam after the meeting is over and trying to pressure her to reveal what she said that set AM off.

Kobold is correct. Edge, I sent you a PM with Altermind's updated weakness since Firefight. Sam was close enough to rattle him and weaken his hallucinations, but not enough to cancel them.

Frequency and his group are starting to try and take over the city as well, not sure were exactly they are right now but the fugitives are with him.

The Panda told his mutant slaves to bring Reader along, so he should be somewhere in the trail of attackers but Lightsworn wasn´t precise here.

With the time skips taking over one hour in the Panda posts (exact time not given) I´m not sure if the timelines exactly match up. (The group around Autumn doesn´t really seem to have spend that much time getting to the clinic, so maybe we should have a small timeskip there, while Baxter takes care of Backtrack.)

I believe they were in the east edge of the city. I planned for the pandas to rush in during Newan's next post, but he's been busy recently and hasn't gotten to it yet. So that part of the story is a bit behind.

I want to see this graffiti too. :)

I asked her for permission to post the graffiti, and she said maybe. :P

She's 17, and she's been drawing for about 3 years. She says she only started "trying" to draw (instead of doodle, I guess?) about a year ago.

It's weird to see you guys with younger siblings who are my age. :P Tell her it'll help boost you up in the ranks of the Sharders and their upvotes to lessen the gap between you and the king of Kobolds. She might think you're crazy, actually. :P

Edited by Mailliw73