I wonder if people still get hangovers after Intervention makes them drunk. Hungover!Lightwards waking up to his museum getting attacked could be fun.

Most hangover symptoms are a result of the human body reacting specifically to the presence of alcohol; the need to urinate more from consuming large quantities of alcoholic fluids can cause dehydration, which itself causes headaches. The immune system sometimes reacts negatively to alcoholic compounds, causing inflammation. When alcohol enters the stomach, the digestive system responds by producing more stomach acid, which can cause nausea.

So overall, it depends on whether Intervention alters people's minds in the same way as alcohol, or whether he directly adds alcohol into people's systems.

Most hangover symptoms are a result of the human body reacting specifically to the presence of alcohol; the need to urinate more from consuming large quantities of alcoholic fluids can cause dehydration, which itself causes headaches. The immune system sometimes reacts negatively to alcoholic compounds, causing inflammation. When alcohol enters the stomach, the digestive system responds by producing more stomach acid, which can cause nausea.

So overall, it depends on whether Intervention alters people's minds in the same way as alcohol, or whether he directly adds alcohol into people's systems.

Well actually adding alcohol to their system would be pretty powerful, because he could just kill people, even a good number of high Epics, by alcohol poisoning.

Twi, do you think that once the time comes Funtimes could make Ray a lance?

Well actually adding alcohol to their system would be pretty powerful, because he could just kill people, even a good number of high Epics, by alcohol poisoning.

Like a metal lance? I don't see why not.

Also, should Funtimes go back to the Museum to close it down for the night so she's there when the attack starts?

Firefight spoilers:

Maybe his power is similar to Megan's, in that he connects people to a version of themselves that willingly became drunk. So when he used his powers on Lightwards, a connection was forged between this reality's Lightwards and another Lightwards that made himself tipsy at the meeting.

Since it's very implausible for someone like Lightwards or Funtimes to actually drink themselves to death at a meeting, Intervention's not able to get a lock on a universe where they die from alcohol poisoning. He can thus make people tipsy, but the chance to kill people via alcohol poisoning is rare.

Could just be limited to non-lethal dosages but I do think it's more likely to be hallucinatory rather than chemical in nature. Edited by Voidus

Like a metal lance? I don't see why not.

Also, should Funtimes go back to the Museum to close it down for the night so she's there when the attack starts?

Yup, one of those over exaggerted once that are ridiculously wide over the handle. The material isn´t that important, because she would mainly use it as conductor for her power.

Do you want her to be there for the attack? Although, what would Funtimes do to "close it down"? Let it land on the ground, even though she let it stay up the day before?

Firefight spoilers:

Maybe his power is similar to Megan's, in that he connects people to a version of themselves that willingly became drunk. So when he used his powers on Lightwards, a connection was forged between this reality's Lightwards and another Lightwards that made himself tipsy at the meeting.

Since it's very implausible for someone like Lightwards or Funtimes to actually drink themselves to death at a meeting, Intervention's not able to get a lock on a universe where they die from alcohol poisoning. He can thus make people tipsy, but the chance to kill people via alcohol poisoning is rare.

Well I can´t see Lightwards drinking in this situation at all, to be honest.

Fatebreaker, apart from not really knowing where you are going again, there´s the problem that with Red there´s a character right there that could pretty much tell that he just decided to do something. You know, puls and all that. (and Nighthound didn´t tecnically turn his back to him yet, but that´s not that big a deal.)

Edited by Edgedancer

Yup, one of those over exaggerted once that are ridiculously wide over the handle. The material isn´t that important, because she would mainly use it as conductor for her power.

Do you want her to be there for the attack? Although, what would Funtimes do to "close it down"? Let it land on the ground, even though she let it stay up the day before?

Well I can´t see Lightwards drinking in this situation at all, to be honest.

Fatebreaker, apart from not really knowing where you are going again, there´s the problem that with Red there´s a character right there that could pretty much tell that he just decided to do something. You know, puls and all that. (and Nighthound didn´t tecnically turn his back to him yet, but that´s not that big a deal.)

How exaggerated? I'm assuming she doesn't want a handle shaped like a kitten. ;)

No idea. I just wanted to know if she was needed there for the fight, though the Unicyclist should be getting his powers soon.

Actually, if I just had her wander back and forth between the cottage and where she's going to meet Remington, that might be an even better and more plausible reason to get her within Quota's range.

How exaggerated? I'm assuming she doesn't want a handle shaped like a kitten. ;)

No idea. I just wanted to know if she was needed there for the fight, though the Unicyclist should be getting his powers soon.

Actually, if I just had her wander back and forth between the cottage and where she's going to meet Remington, that might be an even better and more plausible reason to get her within Quota's range.

It´s more size than shape I´m talking about. A thicker lance means a bigger laser beam.

Sounds like a good plan.

Um... maybe he's from the universe where Lucentia fell in love with the hamster? :P

The Funtimes/Unicyclist plan sounds good to me.

I fail to see what you two find so unlikely about that pairing. :P

And, as far as getting him out of that key closet, could he summon a dinosaur to claw through the door?

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

And, as far as getting him out of that key closet, could he summon a dinosaur to claw through the door?

Hamsters usually have higher standards. :P

Yep. I believe the rule we decided upon is that the Unicyclist could control any dinosaur, but if his and Lightwards' orders conflicted, the dinosaur would always side with Lightwards.

Unless it's Wes. I don't know what would happen if the Unicyclist tried to control Wes.

The part where Lucentia is nice to the hamster.

That´s one option to make an entrance.

He's evaluating Nighthound's healing factor. And I don't think Red would have been able to stop him. The fastest time for drawing a gun and firing it accurately is .2 seconds, set by Bob Munden. And that was with a revolver, so the time spent cocking the hammer was included in that time. While I'm not going to make Fade that fast, he's is still pretty darn good. Fade not only has alot of experience shootin' folks with that .45 of his, but he also has enhanced reflexes and he doesn't have to cock his gun. Regarding the pulse thing, his pulse would have been going faster while he was struggling with deciding to attack or not. Once he made the decision, he would've calmed down and become cool and collected before he took the shot, lowering his pulse and making it seem like he had decided against any course of violence. 

As for the turning around bit, I had assumed Nighthound had turned to go. My bad.

I wrote that they both teamed up with Synesthesia at the moment, so if there's anyone with a Thoughttown Epic who'd like to fight them we could start a PM to plan it out. I would put up Strongsteel but he's trying to avoid using his powers right now and he's not particularly combative.

Any of my guys are good to go. Flashpoint and Mare maybe? Or some/all of Intervention, Smoky, and Summoner?

Somewhere between 15 and 30 feet in the air, so no, stairs or a rope ladder wouldn't be out of the question.

Okay, that sounds good to me then. :P

Firefight spoilers:

While that's a really cool idea, it's a mental thing, I think. It gives them the feeling of being drunk and so they slow down and they get angry easier, etc. But there would be no hangover or alcohol poisoning or even bad breath. 

While that's a really cool idea, it's a mental thing, I think. It gives them the feeling of being drunk and so they slow down and they get angry easier, etc. But there would be no hangover or alcohol poisoning or even bad breath.

So Intervention gets people drunk with no side effects whatsoever? Why is he not invited to every party in the state?

So Intervention gets people drunk with no side effects whatsoever? Why is he not invited to every party in the state?

Because if you're going to get drunk, you should be around people you trust not to slit your throat once you pass out. And Intervention, shall we say, is not the spitting image of this kind of trustworthiness. :P

Does anyone mind if I go next with a Frostfire post? He needs to get a chance to out-slontze Reader. :P (Or try, anyways.)

I think that'd be fine. It's just Frostfire and Reader in the scene, so since mail-mi's posted I'm pretty sure that makes it your turn, so to speak.

Out-slontzing Reader? My, you're an ambitious one, aren't you? :P It was stricken from the canon, but many of us remember that Reader once shot and killed an innocent guard just to make a point. If Frostfire out-slontzes him, I'll be both impressed and terrified.

I think that'd be fine. It's just Frostfire and Reader in the scene, so since mail-mi's posted I'm pretty sure that makes it your turn, so to speak.

Out-slontzing Reader? My, you're an ambitious one, aren't you? :P It was stricken from the canon, but many of us remember that Reader once shot and killed an innocent guard just to make a point. If Frostfire out-slontzes him, I'll be both impressed and terrified.

...Okay, maybe out-slontze is the wrong word. 

The post is a little short, but I think we all need to see how Reader reacts. :P

...Okay, maybe out-slontze is the wrong word. 

The post is a little short, but I think we all need to see how Reader reacts. :P

I changed it to shooting Backtrack in the arm, which, in all honesty, has turned out much better for the story. Because it made Backtrack suffer even more, I mean, It kept Reader out of Vondra's prison, I mean, Autumn and Shiny Sparkle :P

Oh, this'll be fun. Reader is about to come very close to death. Too bad it won't happen :P

I changed it to shooting Backtrack in the arm, which, in all honesty, has turned out much better for the story. Because it made Backtrack suffer even more, I mean, It kept Reader out of Vondra's prison, I mean, Autumn and Shiny Sparkle :P

Oh, this'll be fun. Reader is about to come very close to death. Too bad it won't happen :P

The most karmic death I can think of for Reader is an overdose of truth serum. :mellow: 

Which actually doesn't exist, the way it's portrayed in movies and TV shows. Sodium pentothal decreases higher cortical brain functioning, making it more difficult for the subject to work through the complexities of a lie. Theoretically, a subject under the influence of sodium pentothal could simply choose not to speak. The drug does not actually compel them to tell the truth; it simply makes it more difficult for them to lie.