I wasn't sure if I'd post about this, but since the conversation seems to be falling dead again...

Last night I dreamed that all the members of the 17th Shard were posting pictures of themselves. Chaos was a scimitar-wielding David Bowie, Edgedancer was ludicrously buff, and TwiLyght was the spitting image of Karen Gillan.

It was... strange. :mellow:

I wasn't sure if I'd post about this, but since the conversation seems to be falling dead again...

Last night I dreamed that all the members of the 17th Shard were posting pictures of themselves. Chaos was a scimitar-wielding David Bowie, Edgedancer was ludicrously buff, and TwiLyght was the spitting image of Karen Gillan.

I can't speak for Edgedancer or Chaos (though I see no absurdity in those descriptions :P) but I don't look a thing like Karen Gillian. I've been compared to Alexis Bledel and an actress from Bones, though.

I can't speak for Edgedancer or Chaos (though I see no absurdity in those descriptions :P) but I don't look a thing like Karen Gillian. I've been compared to Alexis Bledel and an actress from Bones, though.

Being compared to Alexis Bledel is pretty favorable. The physical description most often attached to me is "Shaggy from Scooby-Doo."  <_<  :P

Being compared to Alexis Bledel is pretty favorable. The physical description most often attached to me is "Shaggy from Scooby-Doo." <_<:P

As long as they're talking appearance and not "You look like the kind of guy who would drive around in a VW van with a talking dog who, like you, always has the munchies too bad to contribute to your friends' mystery solving business in any meaningful way," that's not so bad. :P

As long as they're talking appearance and not "You look like the kind of guy who would drive around in a VW van with a talking dog who, like you, always has the munchies too bad to contribute to your friends' mystery solving business in any meaningful way," that's not so bad. :P

Clearly you haven't met many of the elderly Texan ranchers in my area. To most of them, "young" means "lazy pothead who's single-handedly responsible for all of the country's problems"  <_<

Believe me, if I had the ability to single-handedly destroy the moral and economic welfare of a country just by existing in it, I'd be living like a king in South America, not stuck talking to a guy who alternates between blaming me and Obama for the latest tax increase. :P

Clearly you haven't met many of the elderly Texan ranchers in my area. To most of them, "young" means "lazy pothead who's single-handedly responsible for all of the country's problems" <_<

Believe me, if I had the ability to single-handedly destroy the moral and economic welfare of a country just by existing in it, I'd be living like a king in South America, not stuck talking to a guy who alternates between blaming me and Obama for the latest tax increase. :P

Oh! You must've met some of the elderly Arizonans, especially the snowbirds. Their favorite activity: Blaming young people for all of America's problems. Second favorite: Driving very slowly and blocking the aisles in the grocery stores to chat with friends. Several times I have been unable to make it out of my street because two snowbirds will have been passing one another and stopped in the middle of the road to have a chat through their windows. Honk at them, and you're suddenly a horrible person who hates the elderly, not a member of the workforce worried that you'll be late for your job. <_<

Just tell him that the tax increase probably goes to pay for your local politician's dry cleaning, not anything you would have voted for. :P

I'll try to get something for Quota written up.

Toymaker:

Backstory

Amanda Arnolds was never very sane, even before Calamity. But her parents always believed otherwise. Where others saw her refusal to believe in the existence of other people, Her parents saw her as introverted. People would describe to her parents the elaborate lives she would create for her toys, and her parents would say she was creative. But Amanda would hurt people who took her toys hurt them badly. So her Parents took her out of the public and resorted to homeschooling, and spoiled her completely.

By the time she was 18, she finally accepted that other people were in fact real, but still didn't care, only playing with her now massive collection of toys from all brands. 3 years later, Calamity arrived, and her toys started to move without her using her hands. She killed her parents and everyone else around her with some toy soldiers, then simply lived lone for a while, until she ran out of food. She sent her toys out to gather food, but they were followed home by the Epics Commander and Jetstream.

The duo destroyed the majority of her toys, and then gave her new ones, training her to obey them in return for toys. Eventually, He used her to take control of a vast swath of Portland. She realized that while people did exist, she could use her toys to control them, but she didn't know how. And she couldn't get Enough toys! barely half a thousand. When Corpsemaker arrived, she simply obeyd him, since that was what she'd been trained to do. But eventually, he gave her upgrade, and she had more toys. Amanda was finally happy. She spends her days moving the soldiers, and making new toys. She still has a good dozen dolls back in her rooms that fawn over her.

Power: Animation: Toymaker can install life into a toy, and the toy will change to fit her definition of life, becoming more human, and growing to proper size. She has a maximum of 500 Human sized Toys, a limit that she can surpass with the help of Upgrade.

Edited by The Only Joe

Toymaker:

Backstory

Amanda Arnolds was never very sane, even before Calamity. But her parents always believed otherwise. Where others saw her refusal to believe in the existence of other people, Her parents saw her as introverted. People would describe to her parents the elaborate lives she would create for her toys, and her parents would say she was creative. But Amanda would hurt people who took her toys hurt them badly. So her Parents took her out of the public and resorted to homeschooling, and spoiled her completely.

By the time she was 18, she finally accepted that other people were in fact real, but still didn't care, only playing with her now massive collection of toys from all brands. 3 years later, Calamity arrived, and her toys started to move without her using her hands. She killed her parents and everyone else around her with some toy soldiers, then simply lived lone for a while, until she ran out of food. She sent her toys out to gather food, but they were followed home by the Epics Commander and Jetstream.

The duo destroyed the majority of her toys, and then gave her new ones, training her to obey them in return for toys. Eventually, He used her to take control of a vast swath of Portland. She realized that while people did exist, she could use her toys to control them, but she didn't know how. And she couldn't get Enough toys! barely half a thousand. When Corpsemaker arrived, she simply obeyd him, since that was what she'd been trained to do. But eventually, he gave her upgrade, and she had more toys. Amanda was finally happy. She spends her days moving the soldiers, and making new toys. She still has a good dozen dolls back in her rooms that fawn over her.

Power: Animation: Toymaker can install life into a toy, and the toy will change to fit her definition of life, becoming more human, and growing to proper size. She has a maximum of 500 Human sized Toys, a limit that she can surpass with the help of Upgrade.

Never liked toy soldiers and dolls anyway...  <_< 

That's a bit of a creepy Epic, but still a great idea,  Joe.   :)

A few questions about Toymaker;

• What defines an object as a toy? Could she do the same to dead bodies?
  • How much sentience and free will do the toys have?
  • How many toys can she create with an Upgrade?

Never liked toy soldiers and dolls anyway...  <_<

That's a bit of a creepy Epic, but still a great idea,  Joe.   :)

A few questions about Toymaker;

• What defines an object as a toy? Could she do the same to dead bodies?
  • How much sentience and free will do the toys have?
  • How many toys can she create with an Upgrade?

Have you read all of Portland? Toymaker's already shown up. But those are good questions.

Toymaker:

Backstory

She's pretty cool. :D

How old is she now? Does she wear a specific costume?

Also, can you confirm or deny that if she ever gets a POV, her icon will be one of these?

I've gotten as far as the first two pages. Reading the whole of Portland is like re-reading WoT.  <_<

Come now. It's not even as long as TFE. :P (Yet.)

It's not nearly as long as most bills passed by Congress, and it's a good deal more exciting. :P (Seriously. You won't see morally bankrupt magicians, Creeper Kings, cheerful Yanderes, or insane matter manipulators anywhere in a Congressional omnibus bill.) 

I have to disagree with you on the pulse thing. Someone going from raging to calm and determined in a single moment is very suspicious. Granted, it´s Winter´s decicion if Red should notice but given that she has shown both a good capability to distinguish emotions from a person´s pulse and already has an eye on Fade her not noticing seems off.

From there it´s not Red that could do something but Nighthound, if they are in a distance where one can take a snap shot at something as small as a knee, Nighthound would be fast enough to knock the gun away, assuming Red tips him off.

All of this gets complicated by the fact that Nighthound is the kind of guy to go past him and give him a condescending pat on the shoulder.

Now the really important part is something else. Wanting to test Nighthound´s healing factor is nice and all but you might want to think of the consequences first. Shooting Nighthound from behind and instantly running away pretty much puts him (and Sandman once he finds out they are connected) on his murder list, which could have some nasty follow up.

She may be able to sense that he was going to act, but she has no idea what that entails. And he made sure to stand far enough away that he'd have time to react if Nighthound attacked. Fade is a skilled marksman, so hitting a target from 20ft wouldn't be difficult for him.

Regarding the Consequences, Fade wouldn't be worried. Wary certainly, but not afraid. Sandman can instantly teleport away from harm, and he can Fade instantaneously. They'd just have to maintain a low profile, which they're good at. 

It's important to note however that Fade is not acting completely rationally. Nighthound reminds him of someone.

The Mad Ballooner vs. Lord Snakehands.

I don't think this would be a good fight, but it would be a hilarious one.

I am totally down to make this happen. Due to his incompetence the Mad Ballooner would probably almost get himself killed, then accidentaly shoot Snakehands in the knees. Then himself in the foot.

IT would end with both of them lying immoblie on the ground and sharing stories of grand conquest. Or spaghetti.

That wouldn't even surprise me.

Any others you'd care to share? 

Edited by Fatebreaker