Ah, ok I just assumed it was atmospheric pressure. You're right pressure exists in any medium, you can't really have pressure in a true vacuum since you need some kind of particles though.

Just so you know he wouldn't need to have an air pocket to escape then, he could apply pressure to the material directly even without a surface, all you need is the presence of atoms for pressure to exist. Which also largely removes the time constraint of blasting out of a 1km thick material.

It's been a while since I did the research for her but if she erected a dome of immovable air around herself she'd still be able to survive for several hours without needing an air hole, during which the fight would probably be decided one way or another.

I wasn't suggesting it could do any serious damage, although technically she actually might be able to, she can just stop people's hearts from beating or brains from working, it'd be insanely difficult because of how her powers work but it's technically possible, but then he has similar abilities so if he realized quickly enough he might be able to restart them anyway.

I meant more the problems with orientation, sure you could adapt but there are limits, particularly with the interplay of their powers since as you mentioned he'd probably just instinctively oppose the motion. So it's likely go: Shoot 500m left, stop self, momentum is shifted to something else, own power shoots 500m right, remove power, leftwards momentum is applied again.

No matter how practiced at it you are that's going to be disorienting without adding in an additional passive of enhanced spatial awareness or something like that.

Well thank you for making him even more powerful then. :P (The fact that Bloody Mary has some space distortion capabilities luckily stops this from completely crushing the backstory I had planned out. :ph34r: )

To be honest, in character he would probably just leave the moment the stalemate would be apparent. He kind of got a short attention span.

What I meant with the air chute though is that no matter how large the dome is there would need to be some kind of hole the allow for ventialtion. Without something like that the dome might hold enough oxygen to serve for hours but it won´t get to her.

I assumed the her power was the kind that didn´t work on that kind of living functions, given that otherwise putting herself into a zero momentum bubble like that should logically stop her own heart ect.

granting him perfect spacial awarness

Well he got that. :ph34r: Appart from that there´s always the option of pinning himself against the ground.

Spraks, protector pug is adorable. :wub:

(Still trying to figure out life as a plane. Fuel tastes weird.)

Well thank you for making him even more powerful then. :P (The fact that Bloody Mary has some space distortion capabilities luckily stops this from completely crushing the backstory I had planned out. :ph34r: )

To be honest, in character he would probably just leave the moment the stalemate would be apparent. He kind of got a short attention span.

What I meant with the air chute though is that no matter how large the dome is there would need to be some kind of hole the allow for ventialtion. Without something like that the dome might hold enough oxygen to serve for hours but it won´t get to her.

I assumed the her power was the kind that didn´t work on that kind of living functions, given that otherwise putting herself into a zero momentum bubble like that should logically stop her own heart ect.

Well he got that. :ph34r: Appart from that there´s always the option of pinning himself against the ground.

Spraks, protector pug is adorable. :wub:

(Still trying to figure out life as a plane. Fuel tastes weird.)

Always happy to help completely OP Epics be more OP through ruthless analysis of their powers :P If you want him to be evn more OP then technically his spatial perception would be applied to every particle so he'd know the pulse of everyone around him and could do a kind of Red-like lie detection thing.

She'd probably try to run too, certainly as she is now she wouldn't consider fighting, she definitely doesn't think of herself as a High Epic.

Not sure why there'd need to be a ventilation system for her to breath? I feel like I'm missing something.

It works on living things as much as anything else, but since it uses her body as a reference frame she doesn't kill herself as long as she freezes her entire body evenly, same if she moves momentum to or from another person, if she does it to their body as a whole it'll map to her body, if she moves it to a part of their body then it doesn't turn out very well for that body part since its momentum is still mapped to her body as a whole, not the corresponding body part.

That's just an application of his pressure power though right? So it wouldn't help him adjust to a rapidly shifting frame of reference. (For example just because you can see doesn't mean you'd be able to spot a single coin while moving at 60km/h very easily)

Always happy to help completely OP Epics be more OP through ruthless analysis of their powers :P If you want him to be evn more OP then technically his spatial perception would be applied to every particle so he'd know the pulse of everyone around him and could do a kind of Red-like lie detection thing.

She'd probably try to run too, certainly as she is now she wouldn't consider fighting, she definitely doesn't think of herself as a High Epic.

Not sure why there'd need to be a ventilation system for her to breath? I feel like I'm missing something.

It works on living things as much as anything else, but since it uses her body as a reference frame she doesn't kill herself as long as she freezes her entire body evenly, same if she moves momentum to or from another person, if she does it to their body as a whole it'll map to her body, if she moves it to a part of their body then it doesn't turn out very well for that body part since its momentum is still mapped to her body as a whole, not the corresponding body part.

That's just an application of his pressure power though right? So it wouldn't help him adjust to a rapidly shifting frame of reference. (For example just because you can see doesn't mean you'd be able to spot a single coin while moving at 60km/h very easily)

Alright, let me try to explain in steps that are probably smaller than they need to be.

She puts herself and the are around her in a zero momentum zone. (Without this it wouldn´t be helpful in the fight against the Metal)

She needs to breathe.

When a person breathes they consume oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide.

Inhaling the same air over and over again means there´s no oxygen. ->suffocation

This means air needs to ventialte and replenish it´s oxygen content for people to breath it.

The air around MV still doesn´t move.

The oxygen in it doesn´t move.

The oxygen in it doesn´t mix into the air she exhaled. ->no ventilation

The air she inhales is exactly the same as she exhaled.

The air she inhales doesn´t get new oxygen.

The air she inhales is quickly going to be mostly carbon dioxide.

She´ll sufficate rather quickly by not getting enough oxygen.

To stop this from happening she would need a "hole" in which the air still moves.

So she could only do it wile not putting herself into a bubble, to keep with the reference frame?

Point to you. :ph34r:

Oh I see, I was thinking more a hollow dome, not a sphere of completely frozen air, so it would block any projectiles coming but inside the air would still flow freely, but then of course he could just blow her up from the inside, so she could block that too by targeting her body but then couldn't use her powers on anything else and she'd be frozen in place for a few hours until she needed to refill the dome with air.
She could still put herself into a bubble at the same time, although that might do some weird things I'd have to think about, her powers are weird.
I might need to go over her doc again actually, I spent ages trying to work out all of these problems but I'm still not sure on some of them. I originally had the reference frame as just the earth but then I hit the issue that if she tried to freeze herself or someone else their heart would stop so I had to use her but it's still pretty complicated.

Summary of what Sam's thoughts may be upon seeing Protector:

• Augh! Something touched my leg!
  • What's a pug doing here?
  • Oh sparks. Has Lightwards filled the neighborhood with zombie pugs?
  • OH MY GOSH IT JUST TILTED ITS HEAD THIS THING IS ADORABLE!

It's a work in progress, but I think that gives me a solid outline to work from. :P

Summary of what Sam's thoughts may be upon seeing Protector:

• Augh! Something touched my leg!
  • What's a pug doing here?
  • Oh sparks. Has Lightwards filled the neighborhood with zombie pugs?
  • OH MY GOSH IT JUST TILTED ITS HEAD THIS THING IS ADORABLE!
It's a work in progress, but I think that gives me a solid outline to work from. :P
When Sam picks her up to give her a hug, all of her fears about zombie pugs should be put to rest. Pugs are very fond of hugs, and we all know how Lightwards feels about them. :P Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

When Sam picks her up to give her a hug, all of her fears about zombie pugs should be put to rest. Pugs are very fond of hugs, and we all know how Lightwards feels about them. :P

Sam needs a hug. Pugs like hugs. We made a good decision with Protector Pug. :D

Though I wonder if anyone will read that comment of yours and come to the conclusion that Lightwards' weakness is hugs. :ph34r:  :P

Sam needs a hug. Pugs like hugs. We made a good decision with Protector Pug. :D

Though I wonder if anyone will read that comment of yours and come to the conclusion that Lightwards' weakness is hugs. :ph34r::P

Pugs are the best dog for hugs. They're so little and holdable. :D

If so, he couldn't have picked a worse ally than Funtimes. :P

Pugs are the best dog for hugs. They're so little and holdable. :D

If so, he couldn't have picked a worse ally than Funtimes. :P

I've never seen a pug in person, but everything I hear just makes me want to hug one more. :D (If Sam held out her hand to her, would she sniff and lick at her hand like other dogs would?)

I'm sure there are a great number of Epics with physical intimacy weaknesses, and Funtimes is the bane of them all. :P

I've never seen a pug in person, but everything I hear just makes me want to hug one more. :D (If Sam held out her hand to her, would she sniff and lick at her hand like other dogs would?)

I'm sure there are a great number of Epics with physical intimacy weaknesses, and Funtimes is the bane of them all. :P

Yes. She'll sniff her hand with her big bug-eyes all round and a very serious look on her face, then lick her hand once she determines there is no threat. :D

With four words she spells their doom: "No handshakes. Just hugs." :P

Protector Pug doesn't get any less adorable the second time around. :) Portland needs that.

Sam and Angel both need those little pups. I'd say that the Triumvirate and Nighthound needs them, but they'd probably not see the cuteness and then I don't even want to imagine what happens next.

Protector Pug doesn't get any less adorable the second time around. :) Portland needs that.

Sam and Angel both need those little pups. I'd say that the Triumvirate and Nighthound needs them, but they'd probably not see the cuteness and then I don't even want to imagine what happens next.

What do you mean "the second time around"? Do you mean to tell me that you're engaging in covert, conspiratorial conversations with fellow players?

...Because I'm in like, nine of them at this point. :P We can all agree that Protector Pug is the single most adorable creature in the RP so far, though. :)

I'm pretty sure that if Nighthound threatened one of Chimera's dogs, then laser vision mode would activate.

What do you mean "the second time around"? Do you mean to tell me that you're engaging in covert, conspiratorial conversations with fellow players?

...Because I'm in like, nine of them at this point. :P We can all agree that Protector Pug is the single most adorable creature in the RP so far, though. :)

I'm pretty sure that if Nighthound threatened one of Chimera's dogs, then laser vision mode would activate.

Maybe I needed to verify how Chi's creations work. Or maybe not. :P

I'm not in near as many.

SHH! You're spoiling the surprise. No one was supposed to know about that feature, not even Chi.

Maybe I needed to verify how Chi's creations work. Or maybe not. :P

I'm not in near as many.

SHH! You're spoiling the surprise. No one was supposed to know about that feature, not even Chi.

The best part about consulting on PMs is that we get to view all the awesome posts before everybody else. :P:D

I'm probably exaggerating. It's really just one with you, one or two with Twi, one with Voidus, one with Edgedancer, and the communal PMs like "What Happened in Firefight."

Whoops. Hopefully Nighthound wasn't listening.  :ph34r:

The best part about consulting on PMs is that we get to view all the awesome posts before everybody else. :P:D

I'm probably exaggerating. It's really just one with you, one or two with Twi, one with Voidus, one with Edgedancer, and the communal PMs like "What Happened in Firefight."

Whoops. Hopefully Nighthound wasn't listening.  :ph34r:

Very true.

Well, we have a couple of things in the works, I believe. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other plans except for things like Connell and the MEE attack.

Very true.

Well, we have a couple of things in the works, I believe. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other plans except for things like Connell and the MEE attack.

And the triumvirate. We can't forget about them.

...mostly because their atrocities have burned themselves into our minds :P

And then they died. Just cling to those words. :P

(Also, I think almost everyone in this game has at least one Epic who has made it onto the "And Then They Died" list.)

Believe me, I am. :P

I hadn't thought of that before. :mellow: Is Lightwards the only one of mine on the list so far?

I hadn't thought of that before. :mellow: Is Lightwards the only one of mine on the list so far?

I think so, yes. I'm sure Slaughterhouse and Mobius would make the list, but we haven't seen them in action yet; Aldo and Cricket haven't had any really terrible moments so far; Arsenal is just kind of—well—an arse—and Chicago Joe is probably too drunk to find the Moral Event Horizon, much less stumble across it. :P 

I think so, yes. I'm sure Slaughterhouse and Mobius would make the list, but we haven't seen them in action yet; Aldo and Cricket haven't had any really terrible moments so far; Arsenal is just kind of—well—an arse—and Chicago Joe is probably too drunk to find the Moral Event Horizon, much less stumble across it. :P

That's pretty much what I thought. :P (I'll have to step up my game if I want more Epics on the list. :ph34r:)

So... your two Epics on the list are Quota and Koschei, though Koschei at least has already died.

Edgedancer has Nighthound, Lucentia, and most of the Astoria Epics.

Joe has CorpseMaker and Blackwave.

Voidus has Penumbra and Neverthere.

Lightsworn has the Panda.

Fatebreaker has Quicksilver.

Mailliw has Electro.

...Am I forgetting any major slontzes?

Edited by Kobold King

That's pretty much what I thought. :P (I'll have to step up my game if I want more Epics on the list. :ph34r:)

So... your two Epics on the list are Quota and Koschei, though Koschei at least has already died.

Edgedancer has Nighthound, Lucentia, and most of the Astoria Epics.

Joe has CorpseMaker and Blackwave.

Voidus has Penumbra and Neverthere.

Lightsworn has the Panda.

Fatebreaker has Quicksilver.

Mailliw has Electro.

...Am I forgetting any major slontzes?

You're forgetting one, and you'll see who in Twi's next post ;)